Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 3, 2016 7:00 AM

Jun 2016
I am aware that this question has already been asked but I wanted to know the latest updates (if any) on this topic. So, if anyone has any news, please share.
Thanks! ^^
Well, shit, at least you tried
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2016
The Noragami manga is ongoing and I highly HIGHLY suggest it (much better than the anime for multiple reasons, even though I adore that too).

Will there be a third season though? I’m kinda not too optimistic at this point, unfortunately. There’s the slightest possibility they’re waiting until the current arc completes in the manga, but no one really knows for sure right now.

What we do know is that Noragami Aragoto blu ray & DVD sales didn’t do so great in Japan. But here’s a friendly reminder to SUPPORT THE SERIES by watching the show either on Funimation or Yahoo! View, both of which provide episodes of the show FOR FREE and not to use sites like Kiss Anime other than for things like the OVAs which aren’t available anywhere else).

Sticking to the positive side, the manga is doing GREAT worldwide. That doesn’t necessarily promise anything, but at the very least it means that Noragami as a whole will be continuing for a while (and another friendly reminder to BUY MANGA VOLUMES IF YOU CAN–I read fast-moon’s scanulations but I’m doing my best to buy the manga volumes as they come out as well).
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Dec 28, 2016 10:35 PM

Jun 2016
Noragamigami said:
The Noragami manga is ongoing and I highly HIGHLY suggest it (much better than the anime for multiple reasons, even though I adore that too).

Will there be a third season though? I’m kinda not too optimistic at this point, unfortunately. There’s the slightest possibility they’re waiting until the current arc completes in the manga, but no one really knows for sure right now.

What we do know is that Noragami Aragoto blu ray & DVD sales didn’t do so great in Japan. But here’s a friendly reminder to SUPPORT THE SERIES by watching the show either on Funimation or Yahoo! View, both of which provide episodes of the show FOR FREE and not to use sites like Kiss Anime other than for things like the OVAs which aren’t available anywhere else).

Sticking to the positive side, the manga is doing GREAT worldwide. That doesn’t necessarily promise anything, but at the very least it means that Noragami as a whole will be continuing for a while (and another friendly reminder to BUY MANGA VOLUMES IF YOU CAN–I read fast-moon’s scanulations but I’m doing my best to buy the manga volumes as they come out as well).

Oh I wasn't aware that the episodes were free to watch on Funimation. I'll definitely give it a re-watch. I am already reading the manga and I absolutely love it!
I really hope it gets a third season because a) it totally deserves it and b) I really really want to see the manga scenes in animation.

Thank you for your response!
Well, shit, at least you tried
Dec 29, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
ShibaMikasa said:
Noragamigami said:

Oh I wasn't aware that the episodes were free to watch on Funimation. I'll definitely give it a re-watch. I am already reading the manga and I absolutely love it!
I really hope it gets a third season because a) it totally deserves it and b) I really really want to see the manga scenes in animation.

Thank you for your response!

No problem! I would love a season three too, I would start crying if they ever announce it.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 2, 2017 5:52 PM
May 2017
The latter half of Aragoto wasn't the best but I'm sure they have enough material to work with if they do decide to announce season 3
Nov 15, 2018 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
is there a chance that Noragami will get a season 3 ?
Nov 15, 2018 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
I believe there will be. There is certainly enough content in the manga to keep on going, and I think the previous two seasons did well enough, that a third season would be approved. Really hoping third season is announced soon.
Nov 15, 2018 9:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Studio Bones does not have too much shows on their hands at the moment, so it could potentially be in the making as we speak.
But then again, it all depends on the wishes of the Committee and not just the Studio so who knows.

What’s for sure, however, is that there’s more than enough material to make a one-cour season or two and that the manga counterpart is still doing great in Japan.

My prediction is that there’ll be most likely be one sometime, but it’s just a matter of time until it actually comes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 15, 2018 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Even the 1st one was mediocre at best, why would anyone want a 3rd season?
Nov 15, 2018 9:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
DejectedSoul said:

Even I thought that the 1st one, first Season, was mediocre to fine, but there’s no denying the large fan base for this show that would kill for a 3rd Season.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 15, 2018 9:51 PM
May 2017
DejectedSoul said:
"FiRsT sEAsOn WaS MeDiOcRe aT bEst" prob coz it was good??? Annnnd why are you even here if you didn't like it in first place.
Nov 15, 2018 9:56 PM

Feb 2018
There is plenty of manga material so a their seaosn is certainly possible.
Nov 15, 2018 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
SlightlyPebbled said:
DejectedSoul said:
"FiRsT sEAsOn WaS MeDiOcRe aT bEst" prob coz it was good??? Annnnd why are you even here if you didn't like it in first place.
Come down mom! you're scaring the kids!
Nov 15, 2018 10:21 PM

Nov 2015
Just read the manga. If you really want to support the original creators you have to read the source material.

The mangakas make no money if you just watch the anime instead.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 15, 2018 10:40 PM

Mar 2017
s2 ending was a cliffhanger I know...
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 15, 2018 10:42 PM

Apr 2016
Now that the Manga started up again recently, I think it's only a matter of time.
Nov 15, 2018 11:38 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
If it doesn't we're not missing out on much. I mean the second season was a large improvement over the first season; but it's not like we'd be missing out on anything amazing. Just something moderately good.
Nov 16, 2018 5:51 AM
Aug 2016
Well, it is possible. I think that it's only a matter of time.
Nov 16, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2017
I doubt that Noragami will have a 3rd season.
Nov 16, 2018 7:09 AM

Jan 2018
Probably,its first 2 seasons seem to succeed a lot
Nov 16, 2018 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
yeah
season 1 and 2 were really popular so
Nov 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
I really hope so. The manga is back from hiatus so chances are higher again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2018 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
Maybe. I´d love to watch it. I heard its DVDs and Blu-Rays didn´t sold well, so I guess maybe this is the reason Bones gave it a time. But who knows?
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Nov 19, 2018 5:32 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I hope it gets anothet season, however bones is too busy pumping out more BnHA.
Nov 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Jul 2017
I really hope it gets one soon! Manga is under way once again and this is one of my favorite shows ever!
Nov 19, 2018 9:53 PM
Feb 2014
Yes!!! Fruits Basket is getting a complete remake after almost 20 years, i'd say Noragami has a very high chance of getting a sequel, since usually sequels don't take a shit long of time to make in recent years, maybe it's as soon as 2020! :)
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Nov 19, 2018 10:11 PM

Oct 2013
It has plenty new material for a new season as of the moment but in the end it all lies in the hands of the committee. I'm not even sure if the 2nd season did sell enough during its time to warrant a new greenlight.
Nov 22, 2018 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
From what i know, season 2 to season 3 is a big leap for an the adaptation. If its popular enough it will got season 3. If its not, well. For noragami, i'd say no.
Dec 26, 2019 6:07 AM

Jan 2019
This is the first time I'm making a forum post so if im doing something wrong I apologize ahh.

I read the Noragami manga and I know that there is definitely enough manga material to make another season but what's the likelihood of it actually happening?
Dec 26, 2019 6:16 AM
Dec 2013
You prob gotta find out how it is selling over in Japan to even make any guesses about Noragami.
Dec 26, 2019 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
I'd love a s3. No idea when that will happen. That cliffhanger forced me to start the manga.

I'm curious how they'll accommodate the anime original plot point towards the end of s2, since it has implications on what happens later.
Dec 26, 2019 6:28 AM

Jan 2019
MindOfOsaka said:
You prob gotta find out how it is selling over in Japan to even make any guesses about Noragami.

I tried looking it up and I don't really see anything recent on how the Noragami manga is doing in Japan but in 2014 I think it was like the top 14 manga to be sold but since the hiatus happened im sure it bumped it down by alot.

operationvalkyri said:
I'd love a s3. No idea when that will happen. That cliffhanger forced me to start the manga.

I'm curious how they'll accommodate the anime original plot point towards the end of s2, since it has implications on what happens later.

Honestly same for me, I think what would've happened in s3 of Noragami would've put all the other seasons to shame for how mindblowing it is.
Dec 26, 2019 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
emilyluna said:
MindOfOsaka said:

I tried looking it up and I don't really see anything recent on how the Noragami manga is doing in Japan but in 2014 I think it was like the top 14 manga to be sold but since the hiatus happened im sure it bumped it down by alot.

operationvalkyri said:

Honestly same for me, I think what would've happened in s3 of Noragami would've put all the other seasons to shame for how mindblowing it is.
And live-action Take would be amazing! He's my second favourite character from the manga. Him and Kiun are delightful.
Dec 26, 2019 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
MindOfOsaka said:

More specifically, it depends on how much the dvds and figurines sold.
Dec 26, 2019 6:51 AM

Jan 2019
operationvalkyri said:
And live-action Take would be amazing! He's my second favourite character from the manga. Him and Kiun are delightful.

Oh my god it really would, ugh can studio bones and adachitoka get it moving because I need to see this

RealTheAbsurdist said:
MindOfOsaka said:

does this mean i gotta buy a whole house full of noragami blu-rays

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 13, 2020 12:59 PM
Dec 26, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
50/50. It either happens or it doesn't.
Dec 26, 2019 9:36 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
white_cat22 said:
50/50. It either happens or it doesn't.

LOL, this.

I'd like to add that the chance of S3 happening is a little less than zero.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Dec 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Sep 2018
Probably around 60% in the next 5 years.
Dec 26, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
I don't think they are very high, they ruined season 2 because they rushed the shit out of it, which means that they didn't had many funds for the second season from the start. If the season 1 didn't sell well, I doubt the mess that the second season was did better.
Dec 26, 2019 9:47 AM

Jan 2019
kronopy said:
I don't think they are very high, they ruined season 2 because they rushed the shit out of it, which means that they didn't had many funds for the second season from the start. If the season 1 didn't sell well, I doubt the mess that the second season was did better.

Well honestly I really liked season 2 over s1. Season one wasn't really manga canon because the Rabo arc never actually happened s1 although I did think it was a good stopping point. Season two was entirely manga canon and I don't think they rushed anything honestly. Though I thought both seasons did sell well? I just assumed that it may not get another season due to the one year hiatus Adachitoka went through.
Dec 26, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
emilyluna said:
kronopy said:

Well honestly I really liked season 2 over s1. Season one wasn't really manga canon because the Rabo arc never actually happened s1 although I did think it was a good stopping point. Season two was entirely manga canon and I don't think they rushed anything honestly. Though I thought both seasons did sell well? I just assumed that it may not get another season due to the one year hiatus Adachitoka went through.

Season 2 was very rushed. It cut important content from the manga to shorten the final arc, which totally killed Ebisu's character development. Ebisu's arc needed at least 12 episodes, not 6 as it got. I don't remember the details exactly, is been almost 5 years, but I remember that I read the manga right before the second season aired, and I was very disappointed with what the anime did, with Ebisu's arc, which was from my point of view the best arc of all.
Dec 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Jan 2019
kronopy said:

Season 2 was very rushed. It cut important content from the manga to shorten the final arc, which totally killed Ebisu's character development. Ebisu's arc needed at least 12 episodes, not 6 as it got. I don't remember the details exactly, is been almost 5 years, but I remember that I read the manga right before the second season aired, and I was very disappointed with what the anime did, with Ebisu's arc, which was from my point of view the best arc of all.

hmm I watched season two then read the manga and reread it so maybe I need to go and rewatch the second season to compare but I understand what you mean. I think with the right pacing of making it exactly like it is in the manga then they would probably have made the third season as the best season of the series.
Dec 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
I have no idea. All I know is I'll be waiting patiently for a new season of both Noragami and Magi up into the day I inevitably get so old I forget what I was waiting for in the first place. Maybe even beyond that if necessary.
Dec 26, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
That's why you people should all read the manga.
I hate that studios made "bait-anime", so you go and read the manga, but won't finish them. I would have bought Noragami manga and others anyway.

emilyluna said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

does this mean i gotta buy a whole house full of noragami blu-rays

Sadly yes, but Japanese BRs will do more.
I think the 2nd season was too dark in comparison to the 1st for Japanese audience, they didn't like the tone shift and the 2nd season. Although the 1st had serious themes too and all, I don't know.
And yes, it was a bit rushed, but still.
Dec 26, 2019 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944%
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2019 12:50 AM
Feb 2014
I'm not sure, but never give up hope! A lot of anime have been getting sequels or remakes/reboots recently, i mean, D.Gray-man got a sequel 8 years after it finished airing and Fruits Basket is getting a full remake after 18 years so you never know!

I'm also positive that Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Will get a sequel soon, otherwise they wouldn't be selling so much merchandise 9 years after the series has ended!

Keep believing and it will manifest!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Dec 27, 2019 1:01 AM

Sep 2019
Pullman said:
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944%
Isn't it the value of π. You like mathematics??
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Dec 27, 2019 6:11 AM

Sep 2017
season 3 sure will have 2 great arcs if they do 24 ep (hospital&fallout arc) i cant wait to see it damn
Dec 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2019
Dauphine said:
I'm not sure, but never give up hope! A lot of anime have been getting sequels or remakes/reboots recently, i mean, D.Gray-man got a sequel 8 years after it finished airing and Fruits Basket is getting a full remake after 18 years so you never know!

I'm also positive that Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Will get a sequel soon, otherwise they wouldn't be selling so much merchandise 9 years after the series has ended!

Keep believing and it will manifest!

Ahh but that's such a long time to wait and its already been like 4-5 years ;-; do I need to give yato 5 yen or something
Dec 28, 2019 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
At this point, probably close to zero.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.