Forum Settings
Forums

What was the anime that you put more expectations and frustrated?

New
Nov 2, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2016
My undoubtedly was Fairy Tail, I swore it was a rich and exciting history, but ... It was just disappointment after disappointment. I stopped in episode 127.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Almost every shonen that I'd watched.

la critique de l'intention pure
Nov 2, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
yuri on ice. i was looking for some fine ass skating and what do i get? a dickfest.
Nov 2, 2016 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
Every single animu which I had high expectations of!! ;_;

Expectation is the mother of disappointment.. So I already gave up on expecting something to be good... I'll accept whatever stuff that any anime offers.. ( minus the gay stuff)
Nov 2, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
I watched Mahouka expecting a futuristic Harry Potter, not Borefest the Animation. I also had faith in Guilty Crown considering the hype surrounding the series, but it turned out to be trash.
Nov 2, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2014
Agreed with fairy tail, it could've been great

I put high expectations into any show that's in the top 100, and I've been disappointed in a few of them. Not to make this a salt board but gintama comes to mind
Nov 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2016
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
I havent ended it yet and im not that frustated but im kind of disappointed.
The sound is amazing the art is amazing but...there is no despair!
No amazing deaths, the sound of pain and death is so low in that show right now!
I wanted suffering, i wanted more despair!

Nov 2, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2011
Not counting the ones I dropped,

Aldnoah Zero - wanted this to be some good mecha anime like code geass or gundam 00 but ehh.. never happened
Kabaneri - great first half, garbage second half
Rokka no Yuusha - long story short, first episode was soo misleading and I finished off with something different from what I expected
Amaama to Inazuma - absolutely loved the first episode, then the repetitive formula died off on me within few episodes
Orange - thought this was gonna be AOTS last season based on its manga score but got somewhat disappointing after first half
Tale of Zestiria X - wonderful for ep 3, 5, 6 which got my hopes up but otherwise felt just bang average
Sakamoto - got boring after a while..
Joker game - wanted this to be a really good spy show but was basically just 12 different isolated episodes with no connections to each other
Dimension W - got rather average in the second half (too many to name from Winter 2016 season other than this)
Nov 2, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
a better question would be: what anime wasn't a disappointment
Nov 2, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
I watched Mahouka expecting a futuristic Harry Potter, not Borefest the Animation. I also had faith in Guilty Crown considering the hype surrounding the series, but it turned out to be trash.

Borefest the animation... gureto desu yo, koitsu wa

demonskul777 said:

Konosuba, who expected that to be any good?

Mod edit: Combined double posts
ArdanazNov 3, 2016 12:57 PM

Nov 2, 2016 11:04 AM

Jul 2016
I second Mahouka, it bored me so much that I almost dropped it.
Though I plan to get back to it later, since I heard there is a movie coming out in 2017.

Another anime that completely disappointed me is Dimension W.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Nov 2, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Somuchgamer said:
demonskul777 said:

I guess in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Nov 2, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
demonskul777 said:
Somuchgamer said:

I guess in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I will just put a emote so it looks like i got it.

o/

Sorry, im dumb.

Nov 2, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Somuchgamer said:
demonskul777 said:

I expected it to be bad, and it turned out bad. Though, you're right. Konosuba does not disappoint.
Nov 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Joker Game made me really angry with its lack of attempt to really connect all of the episodic stories but I still liked parts of it
I expected sao to be a survival struggle in an mmo and I got a cheap romance/harem in the adventures of the almighty kami sama
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 2, 2016 11:13 AM
Feb 2016
Nedrarg said:
It was just disappointment after disappointment. I stopped in episode 127.

This made me laugh quite hard. 127 episodes of sheer disappointment after disappointment. XD
Nov 2, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2015
Illyricus said:
Wut Illy?

ARE
YOU
TELLING
ME
THAT
YOU'RE
NOT
A
FREAKING
ONII-SAMA
WORSHIPPER??

O_O

As for me, I expected nothing from Mahouka...!

But Still got disappointed!! <_<
Nov 2, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
Oh nice a hate topic.

I was frustrated to monogatari.I was expecting a cheap harem anime with no story at all but welp they just didnt give something I expecting.
Nov 2, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2016
Naruto Shippuden (I liked the manga tho), dropped.
Bleach (I finish the manga, it was mediocre, and the anime was below that)
Orange (I thought it was gonna be good)

But the one which really crushed my expectations was Rewrite (I loved the VN, and It left me with the sensation that it completely spoiled the VN for a lot of people without showing how great the story is, they really butchered it). :(
Nov 2, 2016 11:30 AM

Mar 2015
i never dissapointed because i never expecting...

demonskul777 said:

none
KumaNov 2, 2016 12:09 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Z-Dante said:
Illyricus said:
Wut Illy?

ARE
YOU
TELLING
ME
THAT
YOU'RE
NOT
A
FREAKING
ONII-SAMA
WORSHIPPER??

O_O

As for me, I expected nothing from Mahouka...!

But Still got disappointed!! <_<
Onii-sama was the only saving grace from Mahouka. He is entertaining, but his series is boring overall.
Nov 2, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
re zero
i was thinking it will break some anime tropes
but it didnt ....
Nov 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2016
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, it was just painful for me to complete it.
Nov 2, 2016 11:42 AM
Jul 2015
Kemono no Souja Erin. But it's my own fault (I think?), I wanted Erin to continue with the intimate fantasy of the first half instead of going with the heavy-handed political intrigue in the 2nd.

Even though Erin and Lilan's relationship benefited from it, and it offered some kind of closure, I think Erin would've been a way better experience if it kept going for the kind of fantasy I'm personally very fond of.
hi
Nov 2, 2016 11:46 AM
Mar 2016
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for me.
It was actually the first ever anime I gave 10/10 after just first episode because it blew me away. Expectations were very high.
As show procressed the 10 turned into 9. And after the first half I changed the score to 8. I even considered giving it 7. I found the other half extremely boring and mediocre.
What a shame, it started off so good.
Nov 2, 2016 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
Kimi no na wa probably.

Got so hyped up 'cause my friend said that it's a masterpiece, but my ass thought it was just 'good'

other than that probably so far Gundam 00. Everyone says that it's one of the best gundams out there, but imo the mc is just annoying asf lmfao might pick it up again tho :/
Nov 2, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2016
Taboo Tattoo or Rewrite, such high expectations and they fall straight through.
Nov 2, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Somuchgamer said:
demonskul777 said:

So true, this one really got me.
Boku dake ga inai machi betrayed my expectations...
Nov 2, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2016
To love ru darkness

Don't ask me why cuz I have no idea either but I had high epectations for this show, when I first saw they added 'darkness' to the end I expected a bad ass story with plot twists every where and how the world falls into complete darkness, turns out it was the same as the other 2 season but this time with no plot progression..
Nov 2, 2016 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Orange.
I really like the first three chapters, but then... ugh!!!
The story was not great, maybe just "good". With a very predictable end, and really annoying characters.
Nov 2, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
Occult;Nine, hard to believe this boobzila abomination was created by the same guy who made Steins;Gate
Nov 2, 2016 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
This is what OPM really won at.
dissappointment.
Nov 2, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2016
Ryougi_Shiki_ said:
Occult;Nine, hard to believe this boobzila abomination was created by the same guy who made Steins;Gate

Blame Anus-1 pictures, she didn't have such giant melons in the LN.

But nvm, o;n still sucks anyway.
Nov 2, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
tragedydesu said:
re zero
but it didnt ....

Eh? It broke a lot.

The only trope it really stuck with was that the protagonist became dedicated to the first girl.

Is that really that big of a deal though?
Nov 2, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
TitanAnteus said:
tragedydesu said:
re zero
but it didnt ....

Eh? It broke a lot.

The only trope it really stuck with was that the protagonist became dedicated to the first girl.

Is that really that big of a deal though?

yep it is (at least for me )
the tropes that re zero break are uninteresting
Nov 2, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2016
I disagree with the people saying Mahouka and Guilty Crown here. If something was never good in the first place, how can you be disappointed? My vote goes to Aldnoah Zero.
Somuchgamer said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
I havent ended it yet and im not that frustated but im kind of disappointed.
The sound is amazing the art is amazing but...there is no despair!
No amazing deaths, the sound of pain and death is so low in that show right now!
I wanted suffering, i wanted more despair!

You're only 5 eps in lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Gakkougurashi! After such a great first episode i was 99% sure it was gonna be an amazing show.. sadly it wasn't the case...
Nov 2, 2016 1:16 PM
Sep 2016
Pupa, Legend of Duo, Powerpuff Girls Z (I don't know why), Madoka Magica, Attack on Titan, and Black Lagoon Omake.
Nov 2, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2016
I was gonna say Berserk(2016) but I don't know what my dumbass was expecting.
Nov 2, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2016
Oda Nobuna no Yabuu: I expected a light hearted version of the Sengoku Jidai with cool looking animation once in a while. Looking back, I didn't hate too much about, too bad it included both of the main character thus not really caring for the rest of the show. If I had different expectation then it would probably be a fine show.
Nov 2, 2016 2:26 PM

Sep 2015
Watashi ga Motete Dousunda.
I can no longer bear watching a 20-minute anime about a fujoshi and to top it off she's in a harem. The last time I read the manga before the anime was released, I thought it was pretty decent. Now, it's f*cking cringy.
Nov 2, 2016 2:27 PM

Apr 2014
HikiMaru said:
I can no longer bear watching a 20-minute anime about a fujoshi and to top it off she's in a harem. The last time I read the manga before the anime was released, I thought it was pretty decent. Now, it's f*cking cringy.
why did you even start watching it like "fujoshi" should say enough aout what kind of crap it is
Nov 2, 2016 2:28 PM
Oct 2016
The most recent Working anime but there is no Popura so fuck that shit. Also Yaoi on Ice, didn't think it would be so gay.
Nov 2, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
Lots of them (not until frustrated level though). . . Especially when people praise it until the Heaven only to find them just so so or below average. . . That's why I stopped believing 50% of the internet. . .
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Nov 2, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2015
kirisakitrash said:
HikiMaru said:
why did you even start watching it like "fujoshi" should say enough aout what kind of crap it is

I was a Fujoshi back then when the manga started serialising, and I quite liked it. But I stepped out of the BL community coincidentally when they announced the anime adaptation. Watching the anime felt like watching myself in the past and not to add I'm not a fan of harem.
Nov 2, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2016
Illyricus said:

Most people call Guilty Crown trash tho. (havent seen it)

I had high expectations for 5cm/s, Re:Zero, Angel Beats and Deadman Wonderland, but I think my biggest disappointment was watching F/SN 2006 after F/Z.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Nov 2, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
Dishonest said:
Illyricus said:

Most people call Guilty Crown trash tho. (havent seen it).
I watched Guilty Crown before joining MAL and the majority of the commentaries I read about the series on the Internet were positive. Then I discovered this and I discovered there were people who really thought the series was awful.
Nov 2, 2016 3:10 PM

Jul 2015
Grave of the fireflies

It's not a bad movie. I sure can see why people like it.
but it didn't affect me that much.
Maybe my expectations were too high or i was not in the mood the watch it. I don't know.
And no, the movie wasn't that sad as people make it out to be imo.

Nov 2, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2015
demonskul777 said:

Time to shitpost... 1...2...3....

that's a general thread that everyone will just, shitpost...

OT: Probably, Masou Gakuen HxH, due to the fact that your typical MC-kun strikes again, and somehow ruins it.
Nov 2, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2016
This year? Probably Taboo Tattoo. The show was AWFUL. I liked the sound of the plot but I had to drop it due to how horrible it was cut out to be.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

12 by EastIndiaCompany »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

203 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

25 by Atashi_Agatha »»
18 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

83 by Atashi_Agatha »»
21 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

65 by Atashi_Agatha »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.