Forum Settings
Forums

What was the anime that you put more expectations and frustrated?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Feb 2016
At the moment, it's definitely Yurii on Ice!!. I've been so excited for it for months. I expected everything to be really good and intense; from the animation to the plot. Maybe my expectations were too high, but now they're just adding unnecessary bs to the show that just ruins whatever positive mood it builds up.

It's like opening a perfectly wrapped and beautiful gift only to see that it's filled with shit. So yeah... I'm incredibly disappointed.
Nov 18, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2015
Re:zero easily.... was really really disappointing
Nov 19, 2016 12:19 AM
Nov 2016
Yakysann said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for me.
It was actually the first ever anime I gave 10/10 after just first episode because it blew me away. Expectations were very high.
As show procressed the 10 turned into 9. And after the first half I changed the score to 8. I even considered giving it 7. I found the other half extremely boring and mediocre.
What a shame, it started off so good.
So a lot of people watch that show all wrong. I will tell you right now, that second half is SHIT, but hope shined through. They made Gurren Lagann the movie and boy that did change everything for me :D
Not only is the movie like a compacted second half of the show, but it adds a few scenes that made it even better.
So when I watch Gurren Lagann, I watch ep 1-15 and then I pop in the second movie. Trust me, this makes things 1000x better.
Nov 19, 2016 12:51 AM
May 2015
Bakemonogatari - Expecting GOOD dialogues and good anime, but shit
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
Angel Beats
Nov 19, 2016 1:14 AM

Mar 2016
I would say Shokugeki no Souma. I expected it to be a good food competition and was expecting it to be good overall cause of its popularity but who knew it was such a pathetic attempt at ecchi and comedy. But I think if I was 10 years old right now it might be one of my fav anime.

hubertpivert said:

Agree with Bakemonogatari being shit but dialogues were nice I guess, just too fast for me to read subtitles. I dropped it anyway.
Nov 19, 2016 1:30 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
KonoSuba.....pathetic

Mayoiga.....good premise, bad execution

I had faith on them initially

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 19, 2016 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
Joker Game. The first two episodes really make me looking for the anime. And then a downfall.

Nov 19, 2016 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
one piece
FT
FMA
AOT etc.
Mirai niki

maybe I'm too old watching shounen. I'm in my early 20's. :)

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 19, 2016 1:56 AM

Jun 2016
hubertpivert said:
Angel Beats
bakemonogatari is one of the best storyline I ever see. the cinematic is appealing.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 19, 2016 3:50 AM

Nov 2016
The first adaptation of Hunter x Hunter. When the DVDs were released in my country I was so excited and bought them without second thought, since HxH was my favourite manga... Big disappointment. Gladly the 2011 adaptation fixed it all.
Nov 19, 2016 6:43 AM
Aug 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Welcome to the NHK
Erased
Akira
Bakemonogatari
Kara no Kyoukai
Ghost in the Shell (film)
Parasyte

Luuji222 said:
hubertpivert said:
Angel Beats
bakemonogatari is one of the best storyline I ever see. the cinematic is appealing.

Even the initially interesting directing and cinematography get old after a while...
Nov 19, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2014
Had really high hopes for Psycho Pass 2 since I loved the first series. I was both frustrated and disappointed. The former can be attributed to the character of Mika and the dumb twists.
Take care of yourself

Nov 19, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Gate jietai. I expected grim seinen like it was in manga but i got boring shonen
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Yesterday

125 by Marloges »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » From what side of the neck do you enjoy being bitten by your vampire master?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

9 by traed »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 3 hours ago

10 by iThink »»
22 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

89 by MyFriendIbis »»
25 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

971 by wedsa5 »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.