Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty entertaining episode. It didn't waste much time getting right down to Yuri showing his talent again. I feel like his confidence grew more each time I see him as well.

Minami's pretty amusing, probably the most childish of any character so far introduced (besides the twins). Surprisingly good performance by him and catchy style. I think the competition just got tougher this episode. Of course, I think Yuri also improved quite a bit himself.
Nov 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2015
It still takes some time for me to watch the episode (waiting for the subs).

Well, I just came here for the queerbait.

Any new tidbits for the fujoshi this week?
Nov 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Sep 2010
I love that Minami is a huge fan of Yuri! It was cute when he wanted his autograph.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 2, 2016 12:42 PM
Sep 2015

Kyaaaaaaaah! *nose bleeds* My inner fujoshi went wild throughout this episode!!
Awhhh...Victor is just too adorable for words!! And I love how genuinely affectionate he is towards Yuri #Goals

Minami disturbing the Victuri moment lol

YuckydiyuckNov 2, 2016 2:32 PM
Nov 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
Another amazing episode! They really went all out with the little guy's routine. I'm having so much fun while watching this, next week's episode should be a blast!
:3
Nov 2, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
yuri and minami's performances were awesome!
i like that yuri is gaining more confidence~
Nov 2, 2016 12:56 PM

Feb 2015
Minami looks freaking 12. That dance he did was cute. Didn't expect Yuri to have a fan. He should be nicer to him.

Great to see Yuri improving bit by bit. A lot of hugging this ep. Victor so savage!

Minami's reaction. O_o
SchwingBonerNov 2, 2016 1:38 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2010

I'M DECEASED.
Plus, that Minami boy is such a cute little bean.

Such smol child must be protected at all costs.

Stay tuned for more victuri everyone~~
cottonpieNov 2, 2016 1:38 PM
Nov 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode.

It's not Yuri on Ice!! if you don't start off the episode with some Yaoi bait. XD

Performances were nothing short of amazing, Really enjoyed both of Yuri's performances and Minami's as well.
I was worried when Yuri missed those jumps, especially when he hit himself against that wall, Really glad he pulled through.

Minami's style was very different and interesting to watch.

Victor is as savage as ever. XD
Yuri's 2nd performance was rebellious eh? Well he definitely was trying his best. Glad that he had fun as well.
Loved the declaration Yuri gave at the end.

Next episode should be great as well.
Nov 2, 2016 1:00 PM

Oct 2007
OMG! OMG! OMG!
I laught so much I cried!!
That hug!!
Did he just confess his love in front of all the journalists????
Nov 2, 2016 1:00 PM
Apr 2014
i don't think it's queerbaiting, especially after this episode. no two straight men will act this way or say the things they have said (seduce, the emotion of love, etc.) , there's no undertone here. come on, the preview bit showed viktor kissing yuuri naked as can be. their relationship goes beyond queerbaiting, it's implied that there's something going on beyond their relationship as a student and coach, whether it's emotionally or physically.

rant aside, is it just me or does it feel like the animation slightly lacked in this episode, especially during yuuri's free skate?
Nov 2, 2016 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
Yuri actually has fans

Yuri's face

Nov 2, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2008
I would prefer people to not say queer, i find it offensing.
Oh, is yuri confesed his love? :):)
The spider is watching
Nov 2, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2016
This show keeps getting better and better. I like that Yuri keeps showing his talent and stands up even after all those falls (literally).

I don't know which one I relate more here tbh, just look at their reactions ahaha

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT YURI HERE? TRUE EROS OMGOMGOMG

I can't not wait for the Cup of China !!
Nov 2, 2016 1:10 PM
Aug 2011
My dead fossil heart actually softened when Yuuri said that he now knows what love is and he's stronger because of it.

I hadn't felt him grow as a character but I for sure felt it here. Good job man, good job.

Also Hinata Minami was really fun to watch. He's so damn sassy; just look at him go!
standNov 2, 2016 1:16 PM
Nov 2, 2016 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Minami's performance was so quirky, great young lad :D Looked amazing, too.

Yuri was more about finding his fun, obviously he trumps all of them since he was indeed in the Grand Prix finals last time.

That ''Yuri!! on Ice'' song is just so good.
Nov 2, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2016
The skating animation wasn't so great this episode, but during all of the other scenes it was pretty much perfect, so I'm not sure what happened there lol

Also Yuuri going 'its and abstract love' was really sweet. I love that there's a character who has trouble defining the way that they feel toward others- it's much more realistic than I could hope for!! I love Mianami! He's just so cute!! Also, I actually feel like Viktor and Yuuri might become canon, seeing as Yuuri definitely feels love toward Viktor- he just hasnt figured out what kind it is.

So, guys, what Viktor theory are we gonna make about this episode? My suggestion is to have a 'Viktor is secretly an alien' theory ;)
Nov 2, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2013
this is too much for my fujoshi heart.
Nov 2, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
rawrlsy said:

rant aside, is it just me or does it feel like the animation slightly lacked in this episode, especially during yuuri's free skate?

I'm not sure. It was said that Funimation/Crunchyroll get the tapes in advance (to add the subtitles etc.). So they might get a version that isn't 'finished' in regards to animation. The Japanese TV version is supposes to have better animation quality. I have still to check this for myself.

Oh, and this...

rawrlsy said:
come on, the preview bit showed viktor kissing yuuri naked as can be.

Make me believe, Japan, make me believe...
Nov 2, 2016 1:15 PM
Oct 2009
weebna said:

YAS! I liked Yuuri because he's pretty relatable, but when he showed up all serious and stuff I was like Yuuri!! You can be so cool when you try!!!

Not to mention all the sweet moments between him and Viktor, this anime is probably bad for my heart P:
Animation was average this time again, but a few bits were pretty good. I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't drop any further in quality lol.
Nov 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2014
the feeling victor inspires in yuri is LOVEEEE <3<3<3
Nov 2, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2015
Yuuri's first performance had me on the edge of my seat, with his frantic, nervous commentary, and such. Same feeling that Yurio's Agape gave me. cool

Yuuri actually has a hardcore fan who modeled his outfit after one of his old one's. Reminding us again that Yuuri's not a newbie. cool

Though I still don't like tfirst 5 - 10 seconds of his Yuri on Ice performance. I don't know, it just feels too slow - floaty may not be the right word to describe it, but it's the one I'm sticking with for now. Rest of it was cool

cool/5
Nov 2, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
Victor was such a tease this episode. that new kid in interesting I loved that upbeat jazzy performance even though there were some mistakes. yuri's first performance was ok but his second performance I just couldn't look away I was amazed, intrigued and hypnotized all at once I was reacting just like the audience and when he hit the wall I thought it was over but no he kept going. I still love the way the ice skating is animated in this now I wait for the tournament.
Nov 2, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
That was a really nice episode.I mistake completely think Minami was a girl in the preview of last week
Anyway so many nice moment this episode and Minami skate dance was fun :)
Nov 2, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
I literally had a grin plastered on my face for 24 minutes straight, I loved this episode (*’∀’人)♥

Nov 2, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2016
Honestly, my favourite episode so far. The character development between everyone is great and I can't wait for the China cup now. The animation was top notch this episode , although it did start lacking half way through some of the dances. Really enjoyed the kinda jazz-country style music.
Also, this preview for next episode:

I'm pretty sure I said this before, but I feel like the media will have a big part within this anime and I really can't wait to see how it turns out.
Ghost-TownNov 2, 2016 1:27 PM
Nov 2, 2016 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
weebna said:

Holy skating god! Yess!!

Nov 2, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2016
rawrlsy said:
i don't think it's queerbaiting, especially after this episode. no two straight men will act this way or say the things they have said (seduce, the emotion of love, etc.) , there's no undertone here. come on, the preview bit showed viktor kissing yuuri naked as can be. their relationship goes beyond queerbaiting, it's implied that there's something going on beyond their relationship as a student and coach, whether it's emotionally or physically.

I thought the animation was better, but I have to agree. There is no fucking way in hell this is queerbaiting, like he legit confessed his love??
Nov 2, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2015

How does this qualify as a 'love confession'? With shipping goggles on everything can be read as a love confession. I highly recommend Watashi ga motete Dousunda in this case :D

Imho this statement is quite 'neutral'. But to each their own. Just don't get depressed if Yuri has a girlfriend in the last episode xD
Nov 2, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2015

Sir! Sir!! The gaydar! It's going crazy!!!
Nov 2, 2016 1:38 PM
Aug 2015
It got even GAYER, I CAN'T but cringe so hard when they cuddle and everyone is just 'what dafaq?!'.
(N)ice episode!
Nov 2, 2016 1:38 PM

May 2016
I love this show!!!! I've never looked forward to a show this much.
Nov 2, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2016
Yuri on ice performance made me cry...
Nov 2, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Nice performance by Yuri.

And victor X yuri FTW!!!
Nov 2, 2016 1:47 PM

Dec 2014
Another great episode! A lot of hugging going on and Victuri is getting more and more likely to become canon. Oh god, my inner fujoshi is dying of nosebleed <3

Victor, pls stahp trolling!! There's a limit to how much I can take!

One more thing: Did this episode feel rushed for anyone besides me?

Sake said:
weebna said:

Holy skating god! Yess!!

Definitely YES! I thought Yuri could not be as hot as Victor but in scene this is Yuri on a whole new level of hot *-*
Nov 2, 2016 1:53 PM
Apr 2014
Helenus said:

I'm not sure. It was said that Funimation/Crunchyroll get the tapes in advance (to add the subtitles etc.). So they might get a version that isn't 'finished' in regards to animation. The Japanese TV version is supposes to have better animation quality. I have still to check this for myself.

wait, really? i feel like that's such a cop-out wtf. xD oh well, i hope the animation gets a little better, i feel like they're using a lot of repetitive frames without trying to make it seem like they're...you know, not.

and what do they have to do? have a public love confession followed by sex steamy enough to melt the rink? ;A;
Nov 2, 2016 1:58 PM

May 2016
Does anyone know how long this is gonna be? Is it gonna stop at 13 or have a full 2 cour?
Nov 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
rawrlsy said:
Helenus said:

wait, really? i feel like that's such a cop-out wtf. xD oh well, i hope the animation gets a little better, i feel like they're using a lot of repetitive frames without trying to make it seem like they're...you know, not.

and what do they have to do? have a public love confession followed by sex steamy enough to melt the rink? ;A;

Well, I think we all agree this show won't ever be Yaoi (meaning: showing actual sex between two male characters). But a lot of viewers seem to think it might become shounen-ai. To be shounen-ai there has to be some kind of romantic tone. ROMANTIC. And this is definitely not the case so far. Let them confess. Hold hands. An innocent kiss. You know the shounen-ai tropes. At this point it just isn't enough.
Nov 2, 2016 2:03 PM
Jun 2016
Anyone else get reminded a bit of Chono cross's opening from Yuri's first performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923fVDDwaHo

Also another awesome episode, hehe just noticed that they added to the opening :>
Nov 2, 2016 2:06 PM
Sep 2016
rawrlsy said:

Yeah, the animation quality has been dropping significantly each week, at least on cr. I think that the bluray version will be fucking beautiful though...
Nov 2, 2016 2:10 PM
Oct 2012
Helenus said:

How does this qualify as a 'love confession'? With shipping goggles on everything can be read as a love confession. I highly recommend Watashi ga motete Dousunda in this case :D

Imho this statement is quite 'neutral'. But to each their own. Just don't get depressed if Yuri has a girlfriend in the last episode xD

I'm pretty neutral towards the fanservice in yuri on ice, but man you've gotta admit it was fucking gay. If you're in denial it's okay but even the press in that scene was kind of baffled because of yuuris gayness.

Also besides that am I the only one who's growing more and more tired of the drop in the quality of animation and plot in this anime???
Nov 2, 2016 2:14 PM
Sep 2011
So this episode finally proves to me that the producers of Yuri on ICE are great and they really have to do something terrible with the show in the future for me to change my opinion.
Why? In this episode Yuri shows his skills and while he did that before, this time you actually expect him to be better. Before it wasn't a real competition and it was just the audience who decided while this time you expect the judges and the skaters to be more professional. And while they showed that Yuri is good on the ice he still messed up sometimes. For me that is great because the producers don't just make him rightout amazing but gradually better.
I think that's good thinking and makes the whole anime more interesting.

Also, did you see the preview for ep 6? I expect some heavy lovey-dovey hugging stuff XD
Nov 2, 2016 2:15 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new step for Yuri, and the next episodes, Chine!!!!

Beautiful dances on ice!!!
Nov 2, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2008
GAWD!!! I love this show!!!
That hug after the lip balm application!!! #DEAD
Victor X Yuri Forever!!!
Nov 2, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
That was, *sniffs*, beautiful.
Nov 2, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2016
Half way through the episode all i was thinking was "So is Minami a boy or girl?"

Nov 2, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2013
TheShippest said:
Half way through the episode all i was thinking was "So is Minami a boy or girl?"

glad i wasn't the only one
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 2, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
I really hope for Yuri's final performance in this anime, he skates to "Yuri on Ice" again (to redeem himself). Like I desperately need this. Who's with me??
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 2, 2016 2:56 PM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. Yuuri's perfomance was great and the 'yuri on ice song' ahhh I'm in love. Relationship between Victor and Yuuri is getting really interesting, the hugs were lovely and Yuuri's press speach.. Probably my favourite part of the anime at the moment. CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT WEEK
Nov 2, 2016 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
"What about my own motivation that he just destroyed?" LOL

Victor is such a savage! When Yuri went to hug him, he just dodge that as if he was dodging a bullet. Can I have someone like Victor in my life please?
Died_in_VainNov 2, 2016 3:09 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

26 by Giii_iii »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

473 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 9, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.