Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah, so that was the end...a happy ending to end everything. Well I suppose this was a nice decent ending although the last few chapters rushed the story a bit.

7/10. Really enjoyed the overall story though.
Nov 2, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2012
7/10. Really enjoyed the overall story though.

I'll try to get rid of the incredibly bad aftertaste to this manga by thinking about how good it once was. The more SOL based chapters are great, but it seems like the mangaka doesn't know how to write drama that well. Although I'm happy with how everything turned out well in the final chapter, the time skip is such a lazy way not having to explain what happened during that time. This whole final arc should've never existed. Such a shame.
Nov 1, 2020 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
I don't think this is a happy ending more like a sad ending.It was clearly fall of Enzo. He was living through self denial i.e. denying himself of all pleasures a person of his age should have just to take care of his family.

Throughout the manga Enzo on the surface looked like a person who is a calm headed and positive but the bitter truth he has been clearly bottling up his all emotions of from throughout the story.His desire was to always look strong in front of his siblings,A person who stands up like a wall despite how much difficulties he has to make.
Let's not forget that his age was only 26.At such age people look after their career and personal life and here he is taking care of 5 people that can be incredibly stressful for any person.

He had to face various issues like severe financial crunch where he was doing 3 jobs,Nanami's hypersensitivity,Dealing with Haiji and Hina's rebellious antics as they are teenagers who are clearly not easy to handle as they are just beginning to grasp how the world works,Shima's fling of a relationship,Sudden encounter with his Dad after 20-25 years.He also took on the responsibility to do extra work for the sake of his friend's son.He handles all these issues with too much calmness,not showing how he is being affected or not sharing how much pain he might be.

Later comes the truth of how Hina is not related by blood.Everyone is probably really disturbed by that news and his family is probably in a mess,Haiji saying he likes Hina in a sexual manner which is gross considering how they were raised as siblings but despite all of this Enzo still shows that he is okay and accepts Hina's and Haiji relationship with utter calmness.

Enzo was a ticking time bomb throughout the story bottling up his emotions all the time and at age of 26 trying to handle such a big family,he clearly bit off more than he can chew.Both these factors resulted in splitting up of family at end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hotman Chapter 166 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

1 by truisms »»
Nov 5, 2016 9:29 PM

Poll: » Hotman Chapter 161 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 7, 2016 5:57 PM

Poll: » Hotman Chapter 158 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Jul 18, 2016 8:58 AM

Poll: » Hotman Chapter 157 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Jul 5, 2016 7:03 PM

Poll: » Hotman Chapter 135 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 14, 2016 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.