Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2016 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm so they adapted the Transmission Arc from the manga.

Toyohiro is such a weird dude tbh but his Stand isn't to be underestimated. Yeah, I knew this might of been somewhat rushed as it's 6 chapters. I think they animated it well though on most parts especially with Toyoshiro's character. Entertaining episode though, also glad to see that Mikitaka again.
Stark700Oct 28, 2016 8:58 AM
Oct 28, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
Rushed? What do you mean by this? They didn't adapt the whole arc quite yet - just a bit over half of it and then some
ShigyCOct 28, 2016 9:10 AM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2009
Wow I figured they'd do Transmission Tower and Enigma Boy but I wasn't expecting Cheap Trick as well all in the same episode
Oct 28, 2016 10:35 AM
Apr 2014
They're covering material from 3 stories simulatuneously and taking bits and pieces from each of them in this episode though they're still going with "Who wants to live in a transmission tower" first.
Not really necessary for Part 4 but this is a great idea to use for the insomnia curing stories in Part 6.
Drake1000Oct 28, 2016 10:42 AM
Oct 28, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2009
Oh sweet, they are covering the remaining three Stand fights before the final at the same time. I like this approach a lot, nice way to mix things up and create more tension for the climax.
NidhoeggrOct 30, 2016 2:50 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 28, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2012
I think this actually is a good approach, since the story is entering the final moments and spending one or two episodes per side story arcs at this point would make the ending dull. So showing all these simultaneously before the final storm hits is a good idea to make the audience get a good grip on these final side stories, giving these the vibes of being Semi-Final Bosses.

Well played DP, well played indeed.
Oct 28, 2016 11:06 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ayy they showed Cheap Trick!

I feel that the pace they're going at is fine. It's sad knowing there's only eight episodes left.
Oct 28, 2016 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
I don't think it's rushed at all. I think this kind of format will give more tension to the viewer and make the next few episodes feel a little less like monster-of-the-week, which is refreshing.

I'd love to live in the Superfly xD
Finally, they adapted my third most anticipated arc in this part. And it's great, although there were some animation flaws here and there.
Oct 28, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect Cheap Trick to appear as well.This episode started adapting simultaneously 3 stories,but it mostly showed Superfly.Next week they will finish it and then they will show us more of Enigma Boy and Cheap Trick.
Oct 28, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2016
3 arcs at once
they really want to rush this
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 28, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
ninkendo said:
Wow I figured they'd do Transmission Tower and Enigma Boy but I wasn't expecting Cheap Trick as well all in the same episode

Same. I think That's Not My Dad was in there, too?

Oct 28, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
My favorite thing about Superfly is that it's a grey tower while Tower of Grey is a superfly.
Oct 28, 2016 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
That's an interesting take on these parts...I mean yeah, it does feel a little bit rushed,but whatever

The whole time lapse thing reminded me of Concrete Revolutio, anyone else?
Oct 28, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
Hobgoblin2099 said:
My favorite thing about Superfly is that it's a grey tower while Tower of Grey is a superfly.

Peeps are calling this rushed yet it's at most a 4-chapter paced episode...we haven't had that since "Kira just wants a Quiet Life Part 2"
All proceeded by that have been at least 5
ShigyCOct 28, 2016 12:45 PM
Oct 28, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
as terrible as ever. god how i hate part iv. artwork sub-par, boring directing, scenarios eiter uninteresting or purely dependent on luck, drawing out scenes for the sake of tension, koichi, kira's dad, pointless side characters. even the opening does'nt hype up the anime at all, it EXPECTS us to be hyped because it's jojo like bitch you thought. Words can't describe how much i dislike this

ShadowMonkey said:
The whole time lapse thing reminded me of Concrete Revolutio, anyone else?

Concrete Revolution presented the dates in a consistent manner though; the past, present, future (though i guess it kinda loses meaning when you keep showing different ones) per episode were related to each other. Showing us the origin of the issue up to its resolution.

Here however they only did this in order to introduce the arcs, so they could go through them quickly. the cuts made barely any sense since we were just in the middle of watching a scene and they simply disrupted my attention. I was annoyed, to say the least. Could at least have shown them in a different order, instead of doing those cuts.
metadataOct 28, 2016 1:08 PM
Oct 28, 2016 1:11 PM

May 2016
Welp, Jojo just turned into 24. Call me when the memes start appearing
Oct 28, 2016 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
Weird Stand.
Mikitaka is in trouble.
Oct 28, 2016 1:49 PM

Dec 2015
Gotta love how they're mixing the arcs together, it adds more tension and suspense.
Oct 28, 2016 2:01 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Idk why people are calling this rushed when they adapted less chapters than usual. We got 3.5 chapters of Transmission Tower, 4 pages of Enigma Boy, 5 pages of of Cheap Tricks, and some anime-original moments of Hayato spying on Kira (I don't remember seeing that part in the manga, all we got was Rohan seeing a picture of it happening). Overall, we basically got 4 chapters of content when we normally get 5-6 chapters per episode. So some people need to calm down XD

But yeah, the format of the episode is a lot different. It's not because they want to rush it, but they thought that this format would be more interesting. I guess DavidPro thought that people would lose interest if they get 4 more episodes of monster-of-the-week, but with this format, they're changing things up. So far, I like the format, but the transition between moments feel really still. Other than that, whatever was adapted was nicely done. Some of the art was a bit iffy though.

4/5
Oct 28, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2016
So
1.Josuke,Okuyasu and Alien are fighting Superfly
2.Something happened to Koichii and his bag is left behind
3.Josukes mom got a stalker
4.Rohan gets a visit from a suspicious dude
5.Kid seems to be following Kira and recording his activities
Quite a lot happened in this episode,wew
Animation looked really off during Tomokos moments tbh but other than that it was a good episode
Oct 28, 2016 2:17 PM

Nov 2014
Great. Now we have a hippy stand user.

Telling a story is so old fashioned. Just pile on the stand users instead.

Thanks, JoJo.
Oct 28, 2016 2:20 PM
Jul 2014
Superfly seems it would be a kinda sucky stand to find yourself with, since it traps the user by default :/
Oct 28, 2016 2:22 PM
Jan 2016
WTF? Why are people saying this episode was rushed? They only adapted 4.5 chpaters of Superfly arc when DP used to adapt 6 chapters in 1 episode. Also, they added some scenes of Enigma and Cheap Trick arcs and I think it was a great choice
There is nothing rushed in this episode
Oct 28, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 2014
I really like this decision by DP, and so far they're doing a great job. I don't see how anyone can call this rushed, at least as of right now.

Apart from some off model faces at times, this was well done.
Oct 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
ShigyC said:
Rushed? What do you mean by this? They didn't adapt the whole arc quite yet - just a bit over half of it and then some

You don't question the almighty Stark. They are invincible and will always comment first or delete your comment if you disagree too much.
Oct 28, 2016 2:44 PM
Apr 2016
Well that's too bad because he's definetly wrong, nothing here was rushed, and the direction they are taking of combining the last 3 stand fights before the final one is actually pretty damn good, it'll make things seem faster.
Oct 28, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
i absolutely love DP's choice. i dont think it's rushed at all.

also i almost thought toyohiro's va was wataru hatano. they just sounded alike idk.
Oct 28, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
I like this weird presentation, showing multiple events happening side by side. There are different stand users going to all the good guy stand users in the city to knock them out. Koichi is in trouble here since his bag was seen lying around with him not near it. Rohan has found out a clue to Kira's identity thanks to that brat. But some weirdo just showed up at his door. Josuke's mom is gonna be in trouble since she doesn't have a stand and someone's in her home.

Lol the guy living in the transmission tower. And his stand is pretty useless if he can get trapped by it too. Throw him in and then quarantine the place. End of story. But entering by mistake will get you. Although he had things set up so that he'd be self sufficient so maybe it wouldn't be a big problem, unless the trapped person is afraid of heights. Alien boy makes himself properly useful and tries to throw the dude back in but he falls victim to flying screws and is trapped instead.

Couldn't Okuyasu use his ability to make one of tthe tower's legs disappear? Or did he forget what his stand can do? It is entirely possible that he forgot his stand's actual function because he's stupid.
Oct 28, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah this simultaneous attack definitely gave a more threatening vibe to the story. I personally dig it
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 28, 2016 4:21 PM

May 2014
Toyohiro's design really reminds me of Peter Pan and I was just giggling the entire episode imagining Peter Pan living on an electrical pylon in Morioh XD

Honestly though I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy...his stand is pretty powerful but it's not as if he can really use it himself- all he wants to do is leave that godforsaken pylon, so I hope he gets to play around for a little bit at least.
It was great to see Mikitaka killing it this episode too since I was wondering when he'd show up again!

Also really liked the way the episode format was switched up...showing us multiple bizarre encounters/battles simultaneously as opposed to the usual stand user of the week format. I love that about JoJo since it does it so well and I never know what to expect, but it was nice to mix it up a bit!

We're slowly reaching the conclusion, and this episode is really indicative of that I guess ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2013
I think it was a good way to start the battles of the rest of Stand users who appears before the final battle against Kira. It has a less "villain of the week" feeling and it looks more like a prepared attack between all the enemy Stand users rather than random assaults. And the studio handled it well imo.

About the episode, I'm glad they gave Mikitaka a role. His character was too funny too give him just one appearence, and he was even useful. Too bad he ended defeated that way by Toyohiro, just when he had his chance to shine (while being a total bro in the process, no less).
And speaking about Toyohiro, I felt a bit bad for the poor guy. Being trapped three years in Superfly without being able to leave it must be hard, I can understand why he wanted to cooperate with Kira's father. He was also very skillful despite not being able to control his Stand. Gotta admit him that.
And, about Superfly, it's a really scary Stand. Not only it's able to return the hits you give to it, but just imagine Toyohiro's perspective; being trapped in one thing that is your very own power, but without being able to control it, being it prisoner and probably be inside it your whole life, because the Stand will outlive you (reminded me of Anubis from Stardust Crusaders)...

Hayato sits in the table alongside the window... Hayato MC confirmed :p

Cannot wait for next episode. Kinda sad we are reaching towards the ends of this :(

Btw, I didn't realized they changed Tomoko's voice until I watched the episode a second time. It has sense, considering her previous VA is retired for the moment due her being pregnant. Her new seiyuu is fantastic nonetheless, however, and is also one of my favs female VA, so even better.
Oct 28, 2016 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
The mixing of the arcs is fantastic. A lot more threatening. Love it.
Oct 28, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Multiple Stand Users going after everyone.

Super Fly is a pretty annoying Stand trapping people. Not even Toyohiro has control over it.
Mikitaka to the rescue. Nice save there, but now he's hurt.

Lets see what Josuke & Okuyasu will do next.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 28, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
whoa 4 stand users omg.
Oct 28, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
whoever said this was rushed clearly didn't watch the episode. this was one of the slowest eps of part 4.
and yeah whoever thought of combining all 3 arcs(4 if you count my dad isn't my dad) is a genius and deserve a raise. props to them
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Oct 28, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
Really liking this arc combination approach.

This'll be useful.
Oct 29, 2016 12:17 AM

Jul 2016
Was a really fun episode. Can't wait to see all the mystery stand users in the next episode.
Oct 29, 2016 12:25 AM

May 2015
As expected lack of callus

I don't think they gonna add this on next week too

But anywaaaay, I love how they done those 4 arcs at once.

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Oct 29, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2016
Nice to see Mikitaka show up again and be useful in a fight. Hope he’ll be fine in the next ep. And maybe there will also be more information on whether he’s an alien or not?
For me, the format of this ep is a bit messy. I’m not sure if I like it or not. But it does add more tension and I do appreciate DP’s innovative approach. I think I won’t rate this ep until I finish watching the next one.
Oct 29, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2015
So those are 3 different arcs in the manga? Cool idea to combine them in the same day, it added more tension.

Aizen would be proud of Mikitaka.
the cable is part of me?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 12:03 PM

Dec 2013
how did he manage to grow crops outside while trapped within the tower? Also wouldn't it be better to actually plant those crops right beneath the tower to lure animals into superfly?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 29, 2016 4:00 PM

Sep 2013
Orikasa_Momiji said:
For me, the format of this ep is a bit messy. I’m not sure if I like it or not. But it does add more tension and I do appreciate DP’s innovative approach. I think I won’t rate this ep until I finish watching the next one.

Or even the one(s) after. This is actually bound to be 3-4 episodes
Oct 29, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder what would've happened if Okuyasu actually remembered what his stand does and just erased the whole tower...
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Oct 29, 2016 5:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That Josuke Terminator

Seems to be a very inconvenient stand to have, but I wonder if that tower could also be used to trap Ultimate Kars

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 29, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2013
were those 3 arcs in a single episode?
Oct 29, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
Never heard of the word "pylon" before.
Good episode though.
Oct 29, 2016 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
RediceRyan said:
Good episode though.

It's just a transmission tower
Oct 29, 2016 8:52 PM
Jan 2008
ShigyC said:
RediceRyan said:
Good episode though.

It's just a transmission tower

Never heard of the word transmission tower before, they're electricity pylons here in the UK. Pylon has multiple uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pylon
Oct 29, 2016 9:59 PM

Oct 2012
The way they chose to adapt these three arcs is quite jarring, to say the least. Shame that the second-longest arc in Jojo's manga is being adapted as the second-shortest Jojo's anime thus far. But, at least a lot of the episodes are better-paced than SC's.
Oct 29, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2016
ShigyC said:
Orikasa_Momiji said:

Or even the one(s) after. This is actually bound to be 3-4 episodes

Yeah, I think you are right. According to some of the posts above, DP will probably wrap up all the flights before the final battle at once. So there should be more episodes with this format.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.