Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2016 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
I have a very deep and philosophic question about this.
Because Witches are girls with magic power, but, what is this rule?
We have trans girls and I was thinking if a trans girl can be a Witch too. Because in the soul and her true self, she is a girl, but in a boy's body, but what matters is that she see herself as a girl.

This come in my mind when I started this anime and thinking the same in other animes that only girls have the power or are the choosen one (Like in Mahou Shoujos)
I love cuteness <3
Oct 29, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2014
Unfortunately, Japan doesn't really have the best track record with LGBT things, whether in anime or otherwise. Because of this, I don't think we'll ever see a trans girl as a Witch in the Strike/Brave Witches series.

As well as I can remember, the anime never really makes it clear why girls are the only ones who have magical power and therefore can operate the Striker units. In my mind, it would make a lot more sense for the magic to be a result of, like you said, the soul rather than the body. I see absolutely no reason why a trans girl with magical potential couldn't be a Witch, but I expect to never actually see it in a canonical Strike Witches anime or manga.

It would be nice to see though.

Nov 2, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
Well you also loose your powers when you get older. So its a biological thing. therefore nobody cares about the soul. soo no. You could be a hotdog with a girl soul and still no magic.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 2, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2009
They never stated a witch loses her powers on aging. She only loses certain types of magic aka Shields are for children.
Nov 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Dec 2011
If you're a girl and not wearing any clothes for your lower part of your body except a panties, you're legit a Witch then.
Dec 29, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
lednera said:
They never stated a witch loses her powers on aging. She only loses certain types of magic aka Shields are for children.

but it is affected by aging.
Dec 29, 2016 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
Wizards are also canonical by the way, just... you know, they won't introduce one without making him either a total edgelord, sleezeball or self-insert beta cuck.

And why are there only Witches so far without as much as a sentence of explanation? Because it sells.
Even the fact that they have to air out their snatches has been explained as necessary lol.

So by that logic, a transgender Witch, be it body swap or sex change, would be possible, but only if the damn moon fell on the heads of the ones at power.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4649202/ my Strike Witches fanfiction
Jan 16, 2017 4:31 AM

Nov 2009
EmiyaLotte said:
I have a very deep and philosophic question about this.
Because Witches are girls with magic power, but, what is this rule?
We have trans girls and I was thinking if a trans girl can be a Witch too. Because in the soul and her true self, she is a girl, but in a boy's body, but what matters is that she see herself as a girl.

This come in my mind when I started this anime and thinking the same in other animes that only girls have the power or are the choosen one (Like in Mahou Shoujos)

The anime is set in the 1940s or something like that. I do not think they have the technology to make trans girls. Most likely, they do not have the technology to find out what makes witches witches either.

We do know that all observed magic-users are female, but the amount of magic power available varies with age (Yoshika's mother and grandmother from Strike Witches are capable healers), with only the peak magic power in the teenage girls usable in warfare, and even with this much magic, it remains a dangerous job.

Depending on the way magic works, an originally female witch who became male through technology will likely retain some of her magic power.

On the other hand, we know the real reason only teenage girls get to fight. It's because the authors and the viewers like it this way.

Comander-07 said:
Well you also loose your powers when you get older. So its a biological thing. therefore nobody cares about the soul. soo no. You could be a hotdog with a girl soul and still no magic.

Magic powers also seem hereditary, with many witches born to lineages of witches, and having additional special powers beyond the basics, which are characteristic of the whole lineage.
Aug 6, 2019 1:28 AM

Apr 2017
It's an interesting thought. I don't think they would add a trans character but if they did, I hope they wouldn't make a big deal about it and just treat her like the others. Media has a hard time fixating on it and over-doing the recognition.

Also, I, uh, don't know how they would handle the whole bulge thing.

Though, here is a thought: many characters could already be trans in anime but you won't know because they don't outright say it (like many trans people choose not to do) and it also isn't the business of the viewer. I think that's a more validating way of looking at it. Who cares if they are trans? They are just a female character.
Awoo :3

More topics from this board

» Do I have to see Strike Witches before Brave Witches?

BroskiKyoujin - Oct 5, 2016

13 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

57 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2016

53 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:27 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

25 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:55 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

38 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.