Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 7:11 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was certainly interesting. Nora is quite attractive, and everybody in this OVA seems to think that way too. Despite not being the brightest girl, Nora seems to always get out of trouble, and her personality saved the world when she convinced the computer, Artifiend not to cause destruction.

I'll definitely check out the sequel whenever someone gets around to fansubbing it.

Nov 5, 2016 6:43 AM

Feb 2010
Seiya said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
That was certainly interesting. Nora is quite attractive, and everybody in this OVA seems to think that way too. Despite not being the brightest girl, Nora seems to always get out of trouble, and her personality saved the world when she convinced the computer, Artifiend not to cause destruction.

I'll definitely check out the sequel whenever someone gets around to fansubbing it.

The sequel has been subbed
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=867111
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 5, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2014
Pullman said:
Seiya said:

The sequel has been subbed
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=867111

Thanks for letting me know! I found out about it last night, and I'll be watching it soon.

Nov 5, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2013
That was quite interesting. In the end the world was saved by an airhead and tomboy. And the AI fell in love with Nora. Can't blame him.

I thought the entire time, so many zero/low gravity shenanigans and no panty shots? And then we got one in the last few minutes. Artie is pretty cheeky.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 12, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2010
It was pretty decent, nothing amazing but I did like Nora's character and her design. Nice to see Orphan subbed the sequel too although I heard it's garbage sadly... oh well, will have to give a watch myself to see.
May 22, 2018 9:55 PM

Jun 2010
Too long, too slow for an action/adventure piece, and wrings surprisingly little humor out of a story where a cute girl flirts with a computer until it no longer wants to kill everyone.
Feb 9, 2019 9:15 PM

Aug 2015
I found this to be pretty dull. What's the deal with Nora's outfit anyway-she looks like a military officer, but doesn't give a career in her self-introduction, so...she isn't? Is that just the young ladies' fashion in the future?

As a piece of science fiction, this iteration of the AI that overgrows its bounds trope is not particularly interesting, if slightly different as some kind of disgruntled prank gone bad. Considering how many millions of people this computer had to have killed by time Nora talked it down, anime has conditioned me to expect people should be expressing anger at Nora by association with the AI. This ending also leaves the AI in charge of the nuclear weapons as the force behind its benevolent dictatorship, that's actually a pretty grim ending, now that I think about it. I think the first Dirty Pair episode, from the same year is a more novel execution of the same trope.

Briefly uses some CGI in the beginning that was probably pretty expensive. Decently directed and animated, with an interesting cut between kids playing a video game and an apparently unrelated war, though Psycho Pass 2 would do that better 29 years later.
Mar 14, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2011
glassknuckles said:
I found this to be pretty dull. What's the deal with Nora's outfit anyway-she looks like a military officer, but doesn't give a career in her self-introduction, so...she isn't?

It makes her look like a maoist. the only thing lacking is a red star in the cap. I wonder if there is a subtext to it? Something along the line of "Worshipping me as your waifu is a collectivist right, comrade!"
May 18, 2020 1:27 AM

Sep 2018
Fronzel said:
Too long, too slow for an action/adventure piece, and wrings surprisingly little humor out of a story where a cute girl flirts with a computer until it no longer wants to kill everyone.

This, it's been a while since I've watched it, but I remember the anime feeling super sexist to me as well.
Aug 3, 2020 4:49 AM

Feb 2014
Nora is pretty cute, too bad she didn't hook up with Dr. Zachariasen, was in the mood for some ugly bastard action here.
Mar 29, 2022 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
It was indeed dull af, but not completely without charm. Nora has something about her that saved this OVA from the very bad label.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2022 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, I freaking loved Nora. She ended up making this stupid OVA way more entertaining than I initially expected. Zachariasen was also a wonderful sidekick, I gotta say.

ED song slaps, btw.
Jun 13, 2023 11:20 PM

Jan 2021
Actually.. I seriously didn't understand what was going on from the beginning until the end but it's oddly entertaining lol.

The only thing I can remember is that "it may be primitive but moving your body is the best way to slim down." such wise words, I'll keep that in mind.

Jul 11, 2023 12:32 AM

Mar 2016
sorcery said:
glassknuckles said:
I found this to be pretty dull. What's the deal with Nora's outfit anyway-she looks like a military officer, but doesn't give a career in her self-introduction, so...she isn't?

It makes her look like a maoist. the only thing lacking is a red star in the cap. I wonder if there is a subtext to it? Something along the line of "Worshipping me as your waifu is a collectivist right, comrade!"

On the manga cover the hat has a naval anchor symbol. Probably was removed to simplify the animation. So nothing deep, most likely.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.