Forums

Anime end pairings that made no sense from story standpoint

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 28, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2015
Risara said:
_Ako_ said:

Bits of it, but I can click the "report" button and sent it as how I describe it and let the Mods do their jobs...

So you simply reported a thread that had discussion because you thought it was just a simple listing thread?

Basically, yes... If you do have a problem with that... Please contact me through some method and not in this way...

I see no wrong in what I did. Nor in the way this thread is going, but, I'll get the results either way.
Oct 28, 2016 9:15 PM

Sep 2009
Z-Dante said:

Umm, if I have to say, then I guess I'll have to say the OreImo ending... The LN Author basically showed the middle finger to everyone... =___=

What was the OreImo ending, and how did it do so?

BRB-kun said:
Yep, totally saw that salty shipper coming a mile away.

Ot. Haganai and Papa no Iuukoto.

From the Light Novels? If so, could you spoil it for me? Thanks >.>

BRB-kun said:

sasalx said:
jak123 said:
huh? I'm not trying to bait anyone. People can disagree, I just personally didn't like it from a story stand point.

If you say so...

Anyways topic will be locked or deleted due to simple listing so there is that.

It actually hasn't been simple listing so far, surprisingly.

GarlandReese said:
ALDNOAH.ZERO

The big question of who would the Princess end up with: Slaine or Inaho?

That entire show was retarded, from a story standpoint; there's really no point in complaining about any single aspect of it.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 28, 2016 9:22 PM
Aug 2015
Kiznaiver.

Oct 28, 2016 9:33 PM
May 2016
Maz said:
Orange.

What a bitch. I cant forgot her Stupidity. Not even knowing what holding hands is
Oct 28, 2016 10:00 PM

Jun 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

BRB-kun said:

Which one? Haganai or Papa no Iuukoto?
Oct 28, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2009
jak123 said:
YayaChibi said:

lol...tru
Its not ending though.....suprise suprise
Hes going to the alola reigion, and he looks like he's ACTUALLY 10.....lol
Funny thing is in the X&Y anime, There was more blatant romance.

Though they have to dump all companions for the new areas. I wish the anime followed its own story more with Ash keeping people no matter the region because Serena was probably the best girl he's been with. I know others will disagree though.

Apparently he now will have a group of friends because he's going to school in Sun&Moon instead of just traveling.

But it was like...his fourth kiss.

Besides, Misty also actually liked him. While it didn't come up very often, she actually stated sometimes in the series (Johto, I think) that "When Ash and I get married...something something something" (I don't remember the entire quote). It was quite embarrassing for her. My impression was that she had already decided that she and Ash would end up together, but kept forgetting everyone else didn't have that same assumption. This isn't the only time she mentioned having feelings, often without explicitly stating it (Pokemon movie 2, anyone?), but she spent more time being mad at him than actually showing she DID like him.

I'm not really an AshxMisty shipper, but the feelings on Misty's part were definitely there. I can't say how they compares to Serena's feelings (haven't watched X & Y yet!), and comparing or supporting a ship isn't my intention. Just mentioning that these things happened.
Oct 28, 2016 10:29 PM

Nov 2009
dakotasapphire said:
Chiibi said:

Everyone cried. XD

I know right ♥. They're in my top eleven best pairings ♥

Ahaha XD of course. We're all softies...

Fakir and Ahiru are my OTP. Glad to know they have a lot of supporters, in spite of the lack of convention. Some of my favorite pairings are the ones that came secondary to the main pairing. Peach Girl, which I probably read over a decade ago, will always hold a special place in my heart because it actually depicts the main pairing breaking up so that the main character can be with someone better for her.

It's realistic, in my opinion, because rarely do the people we see as perfect early on end up being so perfect. I always wonder if after "happily ever after" the two characters actually stay together. Since most anime and manga don't end up with a wedding, it tends to feel impermanent to me. Maybe I'm pessimistic. I don't mean to be. XD
Oct 28, 2016 10:53 PM

Oct 2016
B055F0X said:
jak123 said:
Funny thing is in the X&Y anime, There was more blatant romance.

Though they have to dump all companions for the new areas. I wish the anime followed its own story more with Ash keeping people no matter the region because Serena was probably the best girl he's been with. I know others will disagree though.

Apparently he now will have a group of friends because he's going to school in Sun&Moon instead of just traveling.

Besides, Misty also actually liked him. While it didn't come up very often, she actually stated sometimes in the series (Johto, I think) that "When Ash and I get married...something something something" (I don't remember the entire quote). It was quite embarrassing for her. My impression was that she had already decided that she and Ash would end up together, but kept forgetting everyone else didn't have that same assumption. This isn't the only time she mentioned having feelings, often without explicitly stating it (Pokemon movie 2, anyone?), but she spent more time being mad at him than actually showing she DID like him.

I'm not really an AshxMisty shipper, but the feelings on Misty's part were definitely there. I can't say how they compares to Serena's feelings (haven't watched X & Y yet!), and comparing or supporting a ship isn't my intention. Just mentioning that these things happened.

4th kiss? Really? Movies don't count. XD I know he was kissed by a Pokemon in human form in one of them.

Still Serena was the first companion kiss.
Oct 28, 2016 11:04 PM

Nov 2009
jak123 said:
B055F0X said:

4th kiss? Really? Movies don't count. XD I know he was kissed by a Pokemon in human form in one of them.

Lol Movies DO count. They are occasionally referenced in the series, so they count! I honestly don't remember who all kissed him (I saw a list of them with pictures the other day), although Latias WAS one of them. And you are right about Serena being his first companion kiss! My impression of her is positive, so hopefully I'll like her a lot when I get to X & Y. She seems to have a lot of fans. :3
Oct 28, 2016 11:40 PM

Oct 2016
B055F0X said:
jak123 said:

Lol Movies DO count. They are occasionally referenced in the series, so they count! I honestly don't remember who all kissed him (I saw a list of them with pictures the other day), although Latias WAS one of them. And you are right about Serena being his first companion kiss! My impression of her is positive, so hopefully I'll like her a lot when I get to X & Y. She seems to have a lot of fans. :3
She's probably a top contender with Misty (since she's the original).

Honestly I've always thought it would be nice to have a more adult oriented Pokemon show following older trainers and such.
Oct 28, 2016 11:46 PM

Sep 2016
Niyane said:
RE1031 said:

Yeah, I honestly have no idea what your point is. Why should I care that someone else's brainless ship didn't sail? Why do you care? Either you agree or disagree, so saying stuff like "oh I didn't think ____, but other people did, so...." People are always going to be salty their ship didn't sail. Always.
As for the actual pairing... It was not sudden. This is why I dislike shipping so much - it makes you blind to everything else in the story. The shippers ignored the age difference. They ignored the huge time leap. All they cared about was 2 people getting together. So yeah, of course it'd be sudden if you're ignoring every other event in the story.
Frankly, sudden isn't a bad thing either. 20 years go by, it'd be silly not to expect new things to happen. Marriage and child is no exception.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Oct 28, 2016 11:57 PM

Aug 2015
Yarrowia said:
Z-Dante said:

Umm, if I have to say, then I guess I'll have to say the OreImo ending... The LN Author basically showed the middle finger to everyone... =___=

He didn't showed the middle finger to anyone.
Well yeah! Sorry for being an Ayase fan! =___=

He could give the series a much better ending if he tried, even with Kirino.. But he didn't....!

He just poured salt in the entire fanbase and said gtfo!
Not that the doesn't have any fautls... It's just he could give it a much better Kirino ending even without the incest if he thought it out a little bit!
Oct 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
_Ako_ said:
sasalx said:

Anyways topic will be locked or deleted due to simple listing so there is that.

The Mods are doing the operation now...

As we speak, it will be...

Thank me in advance because I "made" MAL a "better" place

and @Risara and @MortalMelancholy

Even @YayaChibi wrote something longer than one sentence so I was wrong it seems.
Oct 29, 2016 2:06 AM

Sep 2009
BRB-kun said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Both. I'm relatively against reading light novels, and reviews even more, so just give me the long and short of it (onegaishimasu).
Oct 29, 2016 2:15 AM

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
BRB-kun said:

Both. I'm relatively against reading light novels, and reviews even more, so just give me the long and short of it (onegaishimasu).
Here for Haganai.

OT people here just like to fire empty shell from their sinking ship.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 29, 2016 2:21 AM

Jun 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
BRB-kun said:

Oct 29, 2016 2:27 AM

Sep 2009
BRB-kun said:
MortalMelancholy said:

NeoAnkara said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Here for Haganai.

OT people here just like to fire empty shell from their sinking ship.

Whatever that was, it was pretty incomprehensible. The grammar is so ambiguous that
MortalMelancholyOct 29, 2016 2:31 AM
Oct 29, 2016 2:31 AM

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
BRB-kun said:

They only adapt two out of eighteen volume.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 29, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2016
NeoAnkara said:
MortalMelancholy said:

They only adapt two out of eighteen volume.
That's what annoys me about anime sometimes. Instead of waiting and covering an entire story, they use it more a "promotion" even if the anime is better. There are many animes I would have love to go more seasons to finish their stories.
Oct 29, 2016 11:01 PM

Mar 2012
Just about every anime with harem/reverse harem/love triangle I've watched except for Hanasakeru Seishounen.
Oct 29, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2015
SigmaOP said:
Obviously the forced shipping from the end of Charlotte. They completely did a 180 turn around with their relationship to give him motivation. BEFORE they acting like good friends only.
hahah, inb4 me. I hate that ship tooo.....

also op, I quit naruto a long time ago, but that blind girl? I always thought the mc would end up with that pink haired whiny bitch too.

also that ugly retard and yukinoshitta yukino.
Oct 30, 2016 4:51 AM
Apr 2015
KuroudoAkabane said:
SigmaOP said:
Obviously the forced shipping from the end of Charlotte. They completely did a 180 turn around with their relationship to give him motivation. BEFORE they acting like good friends only.
hahah, inb4 me. I hate that ship tooo.....

also op, I quit naruto a long time ago, but that blind girl? I always thought the mc would end up with that pink haired whiny bitch too.

also that ugly retard and yukinoshitta yukino.

Ugly retard? You mean Hachiman? Oregairu isn't even finished yet.
Oct 30, 2016 9:18 AM

Oct 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
SigmaOP said:

Nov 2, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2014
shougo and shouko.

you're not supposed to forgive someone that made you change schools you waste of frames.
Nov 2, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
Hakuouki
The World Only God Knows
Shuffle
Nov 2, 2016 8:47 AM

Feb 2016
jak123 said:
Did you find any ending pairings frustrating because it made no sense considering the rest of the story?

For me a big one was Naruto

1. It's fucking Naruro. The king of bullshit OP out of nowhere power up anime. Of course they would have random couples out of nowhere
2. Sasuke is is pretty much the best character on that garbage
Nov 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:
jak123 said:
Did you find any ending pairings frustrating because it made no sense considering the rest of the story?

For me a big one was Naruto

1. It's fucking Naruro. The king of bullshit OP out of nowhere power up anime. Of course they would have random couples out of nowhere
2. Sasuke is is pretty much the best character on that garbage
No he wasn't. He was an evil piece of shit who got away with it because of his "history" with the other main characters. Thanks to fan girls, he got a lot more praise than he should have.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

193 by ColourWheel »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 6 hours ago

26 by Thanatos1 »»
3 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 5 hours ago

18 by Kushna »»
4 minutes ago

» Overall, do you rate anime generously or harshly? Why? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Apr 8

109 by TRC_Randy »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you update the rating of anime you've already finished before? Is it an upgrade or downgrade usually?

Rinrinka - Apr 14

34 by AshuAmbrose »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.