Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2016 3:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that doesn't surprise me..the part that Nami smacked Sanji.

I have no doubt that Sanji will return someday, a matter of not if but when.
Oct 27, 2016 4:38 AM

Dec 2015
There's no other manga that give me a mix of feels that way,the attitude of Luffy in not evading or even blocking Sanji's attacks shows his determination in not lefting the island without him.Luffy clearly don't want their crew on his side only for reaching his dream,but because they are true friends,and his goal would be not reached without them.
Oct 27, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2013
Now it's difficult to predict where this arc is going.

But I'm glad Luffy did let Sanji find the solution to his problems.
Oct 27, 2016 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
Chapters like this one is the reason why One Piece is my all-time favorite anime/manga.Luffy shows his determination to bring Sanji back to the crew by taking on his kicks without any attempt of dodging or even blocking them.Nami slapping Sanji is a classic reaction.I cannot wait what happens next week,but I think will reread this chapter through Mangastream's translation.
Oct 27, 2016 8:07 AM
Sep 2016
What a great chapter this was!
Oct 27, 2016 8:09 AM
May 2016
Amazing chapter. True bromance between Luffy and Sanji. Felt sorry when a guy like Sanji cried.
Oct 27, 2016 8:28 AM

Jan 2016
"Damn! she's the fiery type! i'm so into that!!"

Yonji into BDSM fetish theories confirmed
Oct 27, 2016 8:34 AM
Sep 2012
Sugar on the cover, when I saw it was a fan request such a let down, I thought we were getting a Sugar cover story arc for a second like we did for Miss Golden Week, I mean she is Miss Golden Week 2.0, and maybe have a story in which she searches for Monet.

It was a painful chapter to read, and mean that in a good way, it was so emotionally. Luffy vs Sanji misleading title, it was not a fight, it was one sided butt kicking. I wish Sanji would have one shotted Luffy, so we could call him one kick man. Ha ha.

Don't tell me Nami is buying this, I except this from Luffy, but Nami she is smarter that this, in fact did something just like this, if I may add way more convincing than Sanji, if you want to rate actors on the Strawhats, Nami > Sanji, still not a job of acting by Sanji, just Nami in the Arlong arc was just better.

I do want to give Nami the benefit of the doubt, that whole slap she knew what was going on, and helping Sanji put on a show for the Vinsmokes. And wouldn't take much to fool those pervy brothers, they might have super human strength from those experiments, but they lack in the brains department.

Poor Sanji in tears, poor everyone, wasn't good for Luffy and Nami either, but Sanji I felt so bad for the guy, he better get rewarded at the end of this arc after all the crap Oda is putting him through.

Luffy going on a hungry strike, I knew that is suppose to be dramatic, but I do find it kind of funny, this chapter was so depressing, I needed something to give me humor. We will see how the anime does it.
Oct 27, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
what an amazing chapter
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Oct 27, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
No one draws peolple crying better than Oda.
Oct 27, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2010
Wow...I'm amazed by how good that was ;_;

Poor Sanji. Props to Luffy man. Tanking Sanji and giving that speech at the end. Chillz T^T

Did Luffy really lose a tooth lol
Oct 27, 2016 8:59 AM
Oct 2015
blfan said:
Sugar on the cover, when I saw it was a fan request such a let down, I thought we were getting a Sugar cover story arc for a second like we did for Miss Golden Week, I mean she is Miss Golden Week 2.0, and maybe have a story in which she searches for Monet.

Why should she search for a dead person?

DiegoCCamara said:
No one draws peolple crying better than Oda.

Yup but Kishimoto is good too.
Really liked how he drew naruto and sasuke crying because of jiraiya and itachi.
Oct 27, 2016 9:00 AM
May 2015
One of the best chapters for me, really sad in a good way (i almost cried and all so yeah....)
Oct 27, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2013
blfan said:
Don't tell me Nami is buying this, I except this from Luffy, but Nami she is smarter that this

women are usually more emotional than men. plus she is also the one who was worried the most since she was there when he was abducted.
Oct 27, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2016
And this ladies and gentlemens is why One Piece is the best manga ever created! Heck for me it's the most beautiful piece of fiction ever created!
Oct 27, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
I can't help it, I'm crying. I don't know why I always cry so easily to One Piece. T.T
Amazing and really emotional chapter nevertheless.

Luffy refusing to budge or even hit Sanji as he kicked the crap out of him. I've always loved how Luffy shows his conviction and determination this way.
It's actually kind of amazing how Luffy despite always acting liking a complete goofball notices the feelings of his crew members really well, Zoro at Baratie, Nami at Arlong Park, Chopper at Drum Island, Usopp at Water 7, Robin at Enies Lobby, Franky at the end of Water 7, Brook during Thriller Bark and now finally Sanji on Wholecake Island.

The enitre fight coupled with Sanji remembering all the flashbacks about how Luffy got him to join the StrawHats and Luffy saying "The more you kicked me, I wasn't the one feeling the pain" with Sanji finally crying was so emotional and sad. :(
Words probably can't describe what Sanji felt when Nami hit him.

Also Luffy actually pulled a very interesting strategy here saying that he would never eat again unless it was food Sanji cooked himself, He knows all too well that Sanji would never let a man go hungry no matter the situation.

Final panel with Luffy saying that he can't become the Pirate King without Sanji was so poignant but at the same time it's nice to see how much his 'Nakama' mean to him when he understands that his dream will not be complete without them.

My only worry about this is, if Toei can animate it properly when we get to it. XD
Lelouch0202Oct 27, 2016 9:08 AM
Oct 27, 2016 9:06 AM

May 2012
Been quite a while since OP hit me in the feels. Can't say Corazon's death affected me the least bit, but it always hurts to see the crew butting heads this hard whether they want to or not.

This chapter especially reminds me of the Water 7 arc and Robin

Oct 27, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2014
THAT'S HOW CAPTAINS ARE MADE OF! TRULY A MAN BEFITTING OF THE MONIKER 'PIRATE KING'

Sanji was the one feeling the pain deep inside, and when Nami-chwaaan slapped him his heart dropped like DF users drop in the ocean.

That Luffy speech is amazing. Truly a captain.
Oct 27, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
Oda delivers it again.Even if we know this fight will happens, Oda did a good job for getting us emotional.
Damn I can see Luffy remain here without moving an inch waiting.
Oct 27, 2016 9:18 AM

May 2012
This chapter got me like

Oct 27, 2016 9:31 AM
Apr 2015
One Piece manga truly is a thing of beauty, Once this chapter is animated, this can be as powerful, or even surpass the emotional impact of the nami asking for help scene
Oct 27, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
A Ussop vs Luffy fight again...and man its more saddening then ever ;(
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 27, 2016 9:33 AM

Apr 2008
Great chapter, but the most surprising thing?

Luffy: "I'm going on a hunger strike!"

O_O
Oct 27, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2008
That was an amazing chapter. So emotional with "The more you kicked me...the harder you kicked me...I wasn't the one feeling that pain!". After this Sanji cries ;_;

I really like Luffy's resolution to not fight back or to believe in his nakamas
Oct 27, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
I guess Sanji's comeback in the next chapter, huh??
what would Luffy do if Sanji didn't comeback...
Oct 27, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2016
Powerful chapter. I rarely got emotional but this one, I did.
Oct 27, 2016 9:50 AM
Oct 2009
Abyhape said:

He will keep standing in the same spot until he does.
Oct 27, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2015
This was really intense. Seems quite predictable but damn if it delivers emotionally.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
wow that was so emotional, Oda is super back
Oct 27, 2016 10:08 AM
Apr 2014
This arc is already so much better than that dragged out Dressrosa garbo.
Great chapter.
Oct 27, 2016 10:22 AM

Nov 2012
THIS, this right here is the kind of drama I love the most from Japan. when characters you love still have the heart to believe in each other despite going through hard times that threaten their relationships.

"The more you kicked me...The harder you kicked me...I wasn't the one feeling that pain!!!"
Oct 27, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
A mix of different events that happened but now with sanji.
Sanji's kicks couldn't knock out a weakened luffy :(
Oct 27, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
Drake1000 said:
This arc is already so much better than that dragged out Dressrosa garbo.
Great chapter.

Lets face it, it shouldn't be that difficult to surpass Dressrosa.

My goodness, Oda, why are fucking with us like this? I can't remember the last time a chapter left me feeling this way. Luffy is not having any of Sanji's shit, and you know he means business when he says he's going on a hunger strike. Not surprisingly, Sanji's actions caused him more pain than Luffy.

I loved the final page when Luffy said "without you, I won't, I can't become the Pirate King" and even though that was fine, I feel like it could have been 10 times more impactful if Oda made Luffy say "without you, I won't, I can't.....no, I REFUSE to become the Pirate King."
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 27, 2016 11:22 AM

May 2015
Abyhape said:

He will defeat Arlong and ask Usopp to burn down the WG's flag duh
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Oct 27, 2016 11:23 AM
Oct 2011
I admit after last chapter I was afraid this would be just a COMPLETE repeat of Robin's arc where Luffy ignored what his crewmate said and went FOLLOWED them anyways. I am glad to know that Luffy and Oda are taking a different tack here. the fact that instead of following after Sanji he instead refuses to move helps keep things original enough that it doesn't feel repetitive to me.
Oct 27, 2016 11:30 AM
Jun 2013
Finally one of EPIC moments in this Totland Arc that I've been waiting..

Now lets prepare for new surprise about Jimbe and Lola.
Oct 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
WOW what an emotional chapter. Couldn't help, but cry.
So heartbreaking seeing Luffy take every single hit from Sanji. He doesn't want to fight him.

Nami slapping Sanji.

Luffy can't become the Pirate King without him.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 27, 2016 12:02 PM
Apr 2016
Aww. Well that was sweet. Clearly can see how much he cares about Sanji.

I liked this chapter, and I do agree that this arc is going SO much better than Dressrosa (which I didn't really like) and, imo, Zou as well, though I don't really get why a lot of people here are getting so emotional towards this scene to the point of apparently crying, as I didn't really find it that emotional. Frankly, I find it heartwarming instead (and not really in the sad way), as it brought a smile to my face to see how much he cares about him.
Oct 27, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, amazing chapter!

It shows once more the deep bond Luffy shares with his nakama and in this case, with Sanji especially. Oh shit, poor Sanji, I was close to crying as well. But Luffy is so kind, he even says he can't become pirate king without the cook and he wants to die here if Sanji doesn't come back. Sanji knows what Luffy's dream means to him so I'm really curious what's gonna happen from here on. I don't feel like Luffy will really stay there (I mean we are in the middle of an arc and Luffy is the MC so he kinda has to move) but if he doesn't he breaks the promise he just made to Sanji to not move an inch until he returns. Aaargh, I don't know where Oda is going with this, can't wait for next week!
Oct 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
wait so how is Sanji going to escape the brothers and his father..
will her sister finally have the balls to help him ?

so basically if Sanji comes back to luffy he knows that either his hands will be cut off by those handcuffs thing or his master chef will be killed
Oct 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
ah finally, less Germa 66 boring stuff and more One Piece FEELS ♥
Oct 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Oct 2015
I got pretty emotional at the end of the chapter. I'm definitely satisfied this week. I don't get how Nami could be so damned naive though. She was there when Sanji was kidnapped chapter 813 and heard him declare that Luffy would be Pirate King, that the Straw Hats were his true family. Surely you're not telling me that she knows he's faking it this chapter and still got so upset knowing full well how he's feeling saying those things? Surely she knows he's not just saying those things for no reason? Either she's overly emotional or she's naive.

Also, if Luffy is staying right there and going on a hunger strike there's still the possibility for Sanji to solo his family.
Oct 27, 2016 1:12 PM
Nov 2015
The best part was:"Without you, I can't become the Pirate King"

That was as epic as "I want you" Griffith said only to Guts.

This was too much for one chapter T-T

Can't wait to see this adaptated :)
Oct 27, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 2014
Agree with everyone else. This was a masterpiece by Oda. Major props on it. The fight with Luffy just absorbing all of his attacks and him telling Sanji that he will stay there and starve until he comes back is very powerful.

I'm really looking forward to next week's issue and can't wait to see how this arc plays out.
Oct 27, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2011
I've been enjoying this arc so far but damn this chapter was the best of the arc so far.

So many damn emotions. Loved it
Oct 27, 2016 1:37 PM

Oct 2011
Such a powerful chapter. Gonna go cry now

Oct 27, 2016 1:59 PM
Oct 2013
short_review said:
Now it's difficult to predict where this arc is going.

But I'm glad Luffy did let Sanji find the solution to his problems.

I was just glad that we didn´t get a second Luffy vs Ussop just with Sanji.
Thankfully Oda is a good writer I really thought he was gonna pull a Hiro Mashima on his readers.
Oct 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
I wonder if Luffy really stands on the same place for the entirety of the arc. That would be ridiculously hard with Big Mom's crew being around.
Oct 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
Chapters like this make me happy to be reading One Piece.
Oct 27, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
Those feels hit me hard in this chapter. Is Luffy actually just going to stand there?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

21 by Sun_Chan »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.