Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you sneeze when you go out in the sun?
Oct 27, 2016 2:38 AM

Jun 2015
Known as the Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome (ACHOO), photic sneeze reflex or the sun sneeze, is a condition where it is difficult to control sneezing in response to bright light, particularly the sun. It is thought that approximately 18 to 30% of people "suffer" from this condition worldwide. Another study also claims that 67% of sneezers are women, while 90% of people who have this "problem" are Caucasians.

Looks like I got very lucky, because I'm neither female, nor Caucasian. Shame I got lucky with such an insignificant thing. I always sneeze when I go out in the sun, it's an automatic, natural response. Science has not been able to explain this phenomenon yet, even though this phenomenon has been known since antiquity, which we know because Aristotle addressed it.

This is insignificant, yes, but it's pretty weird. Any thoughts on why this happens?
InsaniusOct 27, 2016 2:44 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:40 AM

Apr 2013
Never heard of this, therefore I don't have it.
Oct 27, 2016 2:43 AM
Nov 2013
Thanks for the click bait.

Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome -> ADCHOOS, not ACHOO.

I don't know why that happens to you, OP.
Oct 27, 2016 2:44 AM

Mar 2016
Vampires from distance time were so tired of always hiding from the sun so they came together and developed a cure for that . They succeeded in doing so but during the process of making the cure , some idiots messed it up so it caused a side effect of sneezing when they're out in the sun . Though the side effect is annoying at times , they lived with it , they could then live among humans , merged with the human species , had kids who also inherited their sneezing issue and continued to pass it on for generations to this very day
SeiryusOct 27, 2016 2:52 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 2015
Zynol said:
Thanks for the click bait.

Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome -> ADCHOOS, not ACHOO.

I don't know why that happens to you, OP.

I didn't omit anything from the acronym though, it is literally called ACHOO.
Oct 27, 2016 2:53 AM

Jun 2015
Seiryus said:
Vampires from distance time were so tired of always hiding from the sun so they came together and developed a cure for that . They succeeded in doing so but during the process of making the cure , some idiots messed it up so it caused a side effect of sneezing when they're out in the sun . Though the side effect is annoying at times , they lived with it , they could then live among humans , merged with the human species , had kids who also inherited their sneezing issue and continued to pass it on for generations to this very day

Are you insinuating that I'm a vampire?
Oct 27, 2016 2:58 AM

Sep 2015
Never heard of it, but now that you say this i kinda recognize the sneezing when in sunlight thing o_o
although i don't think i nessicarily have it, though.
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 27, 2016 2:59 AM

Mar 2016
Insanius said:
Seiryus said:

Are you insinuating that I'm a vampire?

Every theory has a possibility to be fact
Oct 27, 2016 4:50 AM

Sep 2015
never seen it happen actually. seems like the most insignificant physical disorder out there
Oct 27, 2016 4:59 AM

Aug 2015
I can sneeze on a plane, I can sneeze in the rain,
I can sneeze out in the sun, I can sneeze right from my bum,
I can sneeze here and there,
It's true, it's true, I can sneeze everywhere.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Oct 27, 2016 5:08 AM

Jun 2015
thegreatnathyboy said:
never seen it happen actually. seems like the most insignificant physical disorder out there

Well, it's not so insignificant once you see that complications of sneezing may lead to death.
Oct 27, 2016 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Get lost from MAL and go see the doctor.
Oct 27, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2013
Hey OP. Don't worry you're not alone. I've had my fair share of googling the shit out of google to self diagnose my problems. I used to "suffer" from this, from when i was like 7-10. Lights didn't make me sneeze as much, but the sun did. It eventually went away so now i can look up into the sky without sneezing.

&no, i dont know why this happens.
Oct 27, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
Ussesa said:
Hey OP. Don't worry you're not alone. I've had my fair share of googling the shit out of google to self diagnose my problems. I used to "suffer" from this, from when i was like 7-10. Lights didn't make me sneeze as much, but the sun did. It eventually went away so now i can look up into the sky without sneezing.

This is even more confusing, how did it go away? I sneeze practically every time I go out in the sun.
Oct 27, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2013
Insanius said:
Ussesa said:

This is even more confusing, how did it go away? I sneeze practically every time I go out in the sun.

Honestly I'm not sure. I think it was because my "condition" wasnt as severe. Like you said, there is no explanation for this yet :)
Oct 27, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
Ussesa said:
Insanius said:

Honestly I'm not sure. I think it was because my "condition" wasnt as severe. Like you said, there is no explanation for this yet :)

I don't think this is a condition that varies in severity. Ah, it's very muddled.
Oct 27, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2015
Maybe the sun rays have black pepper in them.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Oct 27, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2016
I've never heard of this condition, but I like the acronym for it... lol
Oct 28, 2016 6:19 AM

Feb 2015
Bruh.. I've always sneezed or had the urge to sneeze, but fuck sometimes it doesn't come, when lookin' at the sun.

"You always sneezing when looking at the sun, why??"

"Oh yeah I have achoo."

"What."

Lmfaoo I can see this happening to someone
Oct 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
No, but I almost always sneeze when I get in bed to go to sleep, but it only happens if I think of something sexual, and after sneezing once, I won't sneeze anymore.

I've always wondered if I was the only one who did this.

Nov 8, 2016 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
I sneeze when I am near allergens, from what I can observe. As most people sneeze.
Nov 8, 2016 1:29 AM
Jun 2013
Insanius said:
Known as the Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome (ACHOO), photic sneeze reflex or the sun sneeze, is a condition where it is difficult to control sneezing in response to bright light, particularly the sun. It is thought that approximately 18 to 30% of people "suffer" from this condition worldwide. Another study also claims that 67% of sneezers are women, while 90% of people who have this "problem" are Caucasians.

Looks like I got very lucky, because I'm neither female, nor Caucasian. Shame I got lucky with such an insignificant thing. I always sneeze when I go out in the sun, it's an automatic, natural response. Science has not been able to explain this phenomenon yet, even though this phenomenon has been known since antiquity, which we know because Aristotle addressed it.

This is insignificant, yes, but it's pretty weird. Any thoughts on why this happens?

I have developed it because I stay indoors . I can't keep my eyes open for too long when I am outside . I sneeze even when I try to look up in the sky , which automatically shuts my eyes .

I have Caucasian genes but they are dormant . But in my Bro they are recessive and active . I am Brown >_< but my BRO is White >>__<<
Nov 8, 2016 1:41 AM

Jul 2009
I sneeze when I smell giant bullshit
Nov 8, 2016 2:30 AM

Jun 2015
Seiryus said:
CheekyKunt said:
I sneeze when I smell giant bullshit
...................... so op your a nigger then?
Nov 8, 2016 4:02 AM

Aug 2015

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Nov 8, 2016 8:09 AM

Jun 2015
clandestine said:
I sneeze when I am near allergens, from what I can observe. As most people sneeze.

Am I allergic to sunlight then?? o.O
Nov 8, 2016 8:10 AM

Dec 2015
First time I hear about this, nope I don't have ACHOO.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 8, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
Sometimes I look at the light to try and sneeze, and I get dissapointed when it doesnt come. :(

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 56 minutes ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
15 minutes ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 22 minutes ago

0 by Enderobot »»
22 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 9 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
44 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 7 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.