Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 12:37 AM
Feb 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Short summary.

Sniper training:
- The sniper practice task is sniping with radar guidance. As expected, more snipers join this practice (135 snipers now compared to the previous 128). Izuho performance shoots up thank's to Yuzuru and Touma's help.
- Izuho, Yuzuru, and Touma discuss the sniper rank up system. As we know, to become B-rank, snipers have to score top 15% in practice (3 times in a row). Izuho thinks its impossible. Yuzuru says that some snipers skip the practice and some sandbag, so as long as you can consistently be the top 5 of C-rankers, you'll be ok.
- Oki and Chika come. Touma openly mocks Oki, calling him "The Oki that missed a crucial shot in the last match". Oki excuses himself by saying that as an only child, he missed because he was thinking that Chika could have been his little sister age wise. Touma doesn't buy it. For Touma, Oki was surprised/scared at Chika aiming for mutual hurt. Oki finally admits that it's hard for him to shoot cute girls.
- Chika gets flustered, Yuzuru gets defensive of Chika, while Oki gets confused why Yuzuru gets angry.
- Akane breaks the weird atmosphere by asking Oki if he finds her "hard to shoot". Quite so.
- The group breaks out. Chika returns with Reiji. Izuho and Akane practice together. Touma goes with Yuzuru.

In Kageura Okonomiyaki:
- Kageura whole team, Touma, Yuuma, and Murakami are eating.
- Touma is surprised why Kageura is interested in Yuuma. Zoe is crying because Kage gets more friends...
- Apparently only Yuuma and Azuma are the ones who can erase their feelings when attacking. It's as if Yuuma is a robot or an insect. That ups the thrill.
- Kage changes the subject, telling Yuuma to do something about Yuzuru, who wants to lose on purpose in the next match because he likes Chika. Meanwhile, Zoe is crying again because Yuzuru has a girlfriend...
- Yuzuru wants the chance to go to expedition to be given to people who really wants it (my comment: Hatohara's influence again).
- Yuuma tells them that Chika is set to go anyway because she'll fuel the ship.
- But Yuzuru still wants to lose because he wants her to go with her whole team who can protect her.
- Arafune and Hokari come over to eat at Kageura's shop, by coincidence. After listening to the problem, he tells Yuzuru to man up and protect the girl by himself. Problem solved. That way Yuzuru's team doesn't need to lose and Chika won't go alone.
- Yuzuru is still unsure. Anyway, Yuuma doesn't care because his team will win with or without B-2 sandbagging. That ticked Yuzuru off.

Comments:
- So it's confirmed that Oki sandbagged in the last match but the mutual shot was because he was surprised at the mutual hurt strategy.
- So Kageura is actually weak against Azuma's sniping. Surprisingly Chika is not in the list of people who can kill his/her feelings (I guess Chika can only kill her presence, not feelings).
- Let's see if Yuzuru is pissed enough to hunt for Yuuma in the next match.
p-kunOct 27, 2016 12:44 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:20 AM
Oct 2015
hahaha, it may be a less interesting chapter (in the action/ plot building department) this time but I like how the characters are getting a little more fleshed out. Continuous meet-ups with the many side characters and giving them depth with these interactions make them feel more relatable. I dont really like romance related drama but it shows personality. At least yuuma "does something" about yuzurus defeatist attitude and motivates him to be a little more competitive. Wether or not that results in a good thing can be debated.
Oct 27, 2016 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
Wow! So Emma was gonna forfeit the next match for Chika however due to Yuma's provocation and Arafune's taunt, he might give it all to get selected in the expedition. It's nice to see Touma is getting more closer to T-2 members, it will be really helpful during the practice session of expedition and in Aftokrator.

Maybe from B ranks the following candidates are going to participate in the Aftokrator Expedition:

Azuma, Emma(thanks to Arafune), Kage (tag along due to Yuma), Murakami, Ikoma, and T2 & Ninomiya squad
Oct 27, 2016 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
So is this going to end up like Reiji crushing on Yuri or will it go anywhere? I mean Ashihara said he likely won't add romance but idk, Reiji's situation felt more like comic relief. In any case I'm confused about something, will Kage squad not be recruited for the expedition if T-2 passes them? I thought they'd still be recognized being former A-Rank and the deal was only going to affect T-2. I do hope both Kage and Nino squads make it to the expedition.

Anyway, I begin to think that Hyuse wasn't being competitive last chapter, but rather Yuma is just talented at ticking people off lol. I love the character interactions in this series, more of this stuff please xD

This talk about Sniper promotion and Izuho getting better makes me think she will move up to B-Rank soon. Maybe.
Oct 27, 2016 7:08 AM
Sep 2015
woah i did not see that coming. it's interesting that ashihara inserts interaction among his characters. his side characters doesn't seem disposable stepping stones. they seem more relatable and i love them even more.

it's great that we might see yuzuru serious. yuma ticking him off and arafune's speech makes me really think he will really aim for the expedition. i really hope he will, he'd done a great deal helping chika anyways.
Oct 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
Botato said:
So is this going to end up like Reiji crushing on Yuri or will it go anywhere? I mean Ashihara said he likely won't add romance but idk, Reiji's situation felt more like comic relief. In any case I'm confused about something, will Kage squad not be recruited for the expedition if T-2 passes them? I thought they'd still be recognized being former A-Rank and the deal was only going to affect T-2. I do hope both Kage and Nino squads make it to the expedition.

Anyway, I begin to think that Hyuse wasn't being competitive last chapter, but rather Yuma is just talented at ticking people off lol. I love the character interactions in this series, more of this stuff please xD

This talk about Sniper promotion and Izuho getting better makes me think she will move up to B-Rank soon. Maybe.

Well Kage said he had no interest, so he could easily refuse the invitation if chosen. What I'm getting from this chapter is that Yuzuru is going to want to go to protect Chika so maybe he might be chosen as an individual if he can't convince Kage to go.
Oct 27, 2016 7:43 AM
Sep 2015
Well well, let see how Osamu will reacts when he heard the new from Yuuma =))
Sometime a litte light romance is good.
Oct 27, 2016 7:43 AM
Feb 2015
Botato said:

Once the expedition happens, most top class snipers will be away, so it'll be easier for Izuho to move up. More importantly why isn't Chika's rank shown... orz

It's probably 1 week late to talk about this, but I just realized
1. That the mass death happened 5 years ago. Youtarou is 5 years old. Whoa, I strongly feels that he's adopted as a baby, either from one of the dead border agent or from the dead neighbor allied country that got attacked.
2. We know the only people who know Yugo were Kido, Shinoda, and Rindou (and Mogami but he's dead). We know from BBF that Shinoda had been in Border since his chuuni years (when he split Kido's car by accident and tried to walk on water and so on). So assuming Shinoda grew up past his chuunibyou when he reached 20 at the latest, then he had been in Border for more than 13 years (he's 33 years old). We know that Yuuma and Yugo were together since 9 years ago at the very least when Yugo started training his son. So it's clear from the timeline that Yugo has left earth for more than 9 years. The only mystery remaining is if he had been with Yuuma when he was born or whether Yuuma was adopted.
Oct 27, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
I dunno why but when I thought Murakami would join the expedition as an individual a while back I quickly thought against it, because I found Kido's words kinda vague. I'll wait for raws/full transcript to come out maybe this chapter clarifies this point.

Aside from Izuho being promoted, did this chapter hint at Izuho joining Nasu squad? Honestly it doesn't feel like she'd fit there but whatever.
Oct 27, 2016 9:34 AM

Feb 2016
dat_le_tat said:
Well well, let see how Osamu will reacts when he heard the new from Yuuma =))
Sometime a litte light romance is good.

I guess Yuma doesn't flush out the news to Konami; she is the real deal. She along with Yuri would banter Chika to death; however, Osamu would be protective of Chika since he had made a promise with Rinji.
Oct 27, 2016 2:13 PM
May 2016
p-kun said:

- Apparently only Yuuma and Azuma are the ones who can erase their feelings when attacking. It's as if Yuuma is a robot or an insect. That ups the thrill.

Yes, I've been thinking for a while about Yuma's very composed and neutral behavior in battles.
Whatever the situation. Except maybe when he shot Hyrein to prevent Osamu's death.
So far I don't know if this is due to his trion body and near death experience, if he's become like that because of his training and exposure to war since very young. Or if this is a consequence of him losing his purpose in life.
BandibulleOct 27, 2016 2:17 PM
Oct 27, 2016 7:08 PM

Jul 2015
Christmas came early this year! This chapter had so much kageura squad. I really couldn't be happier. I've been waiting for more Kage appearances.

I'm really surprised that Yuzuru is being so open and (more) obvious about his Chika crush. Maybe Ashihara or his manager realized how popular the chika×Yuzuru ship is. It's probably the strongest hetero ship in the fan base. I'm glad that Ashihara is being less passive about Yuzuru. Plus I really like this ship:)

Please let there be kageura squad flashbacks in this match! I also really hope that Yuzuru takes the "be a man and protect her yourself" advice. Kind of tough love advice, but good. I hope Kageura squad joins the away team.
Oct 27, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2015
Also the hint about Kage being weak against Azuma could be fore-shadowing. Definitely Ashihara's style.
Oct 27, 2016 11:43 PM

Feb 2016
Yuuma to Yuzuru: “Well, whether you choose to do it or not, we’ll be fine either way.”
“In the end, we at Tamakoma are going to win against you.”

Which means, Yuma is very confident that he can suppress Kageura/Murakami on his own and in the meantime, Hyuse will score points for the T-2 and Chika and Osamu would support either of them to score smoothly!! It would be fun round to watch and it may take 6-7 chapters, and if T-2 surpasses Kageura squad in R-7 it may obviate R-8 since Ashihara may cancel that round by making Galapoula invading Border for the second time and focus on the more cool stuff as this B ranks war may get boring if another round to complete while the expedition is closing.
Oct 28, 2016 4:22 AM
Oct 28, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not the biggest fan of romance in this kind of manga but I would much rather see an actual evolution of a relationship (like Yuzuru and Chika's seems to be) than characters just blushing at each other ad vitam aeternam. I also think that considering their ages and the amount of intense experiences they go through, it is realistic to have these situations rise up.
Oct 28, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2013
So turns out Chika is training with Izuho and Hiura. So it may not necessarily be setting her up to join Nasu squad.

LuzNight said:
I'm not the biggest fan of romance in this kind of manga but I would much rather see an actual evolution of a relationship (like Yuzuru and Chika's seems to be) than characters just blushing at each other ad vitam aeternam. I also think that considering their ages and the amount of intense experiences they go through, it is realistic to have these situations rise up.
I don't particularly care either way, but adding some romance elements might help its popularity in Japan.
Oct 28, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
As long as he keeps the romantic elements light I don't think I will have much of a problem. Right now the way it is presented dosen't obstruct anything, so I think it is fine.
Oct 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
It just needs to be enough to get the fighting over pairings/best girls/etc going. It's not like it will take NnT's route or anything.
Oct 28, 2016 4:14 PM
Jun 2016
http://imgur.com/a/sfPH8 Translated!
Cessna-172Oct 28, 2016 4:18 PM
Oct 29, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
I was surprised that no one mentioned the audacity of this guy basically deciding that Chika would be ok with him just ceding the match for her sake. I would think she wants to polish her skills without some guy giving her special treatment.

that being said, all the males just can't help but give her a pass. She needs a strong female to constantly keep her on the edge.
Oct 29, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
kisami said:
I was surprised that no one mentioned the audacity of this guy basically deciding that Chika would be ok with him just ceding the match for her sake. I would think she wants to polish her skills without some guy giving her special treatment.

that being said, all the males just can't help but give her a pass. She needs a strong female to constantly keep her on the edge.

Well the entire point of the chapter was Yuzuru being talked through his feelings on the matter.
Oct 30, 2016 6:50 AM

Mar 2015
that cat was like "why would i even here author"
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 30, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
I don't understand why we didn't get the other sniper's ranking after the pratice. It was a rather dull chapter and that could've made it more interesting.

Was Ashihara lazy? We all know he has health issues but this could've easily been entrusted to an assistant.

Maybe he was afraid of the consistency factor... He has been releasing a lot of info lately (dates, timeframes, past events, etc.) that is being closely scrutinized for consistency. So maybe he cut corners here. Then again I also feel like that is an issue an assistant could've dealt with.

I'll give Ashihara a pass this time because he usually doesn't shy away from these things (ex: BBF!) but I hope it doesn't become a trend.
Oct 30, 2016 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
I personally think nothing of the other agents' scores would have been interesting. Except maybe Oki to get an idea of where he stands among the official snipers, but considering there will be 2 more snipers coming soon it would be better to do all 3 at once instead.

Honestly it just felt like Ashihara wanted to point out Izuho's improvement, which would have been overshadowed had the other snipers got their scores revealed.
Oct 30, 2016 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
It would have been superfluous details at this point since we have bigger things to focus on
Oct 30, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
It's not like it would've required any additional panel... And I think there would've been plenty of things interesting about it. For one, I would like to know how Chika as improved, particularily if she improved at a similar rhythm as Izuho or if she is being caught on. It would've also been interesting to know how Oki fares compared to the others or simply to know if this particular exercice is easier/harder for certain people.
Oct 30, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2014
LuzNight said:
It's not like it would've required any additional panel... And I think there would've been plenty of things interesting about it. For one, I would like to know how Chika as improved, particularily if she improved at a similar rhythm as Izuho or if she is being caught on. It would've also been interesting to know how Oki fares compared to the others or simply to know if this particular exercice is easier/harder for certain people.

Well actually the entire reason we were given the rankings in the first place was because up to that point we barely had a gauge on Chika's ability as a sniper. Both practices with rankings were before Chika starting using Lead Lightning and because of said lead lighting we can actively gauge Chika's performance fully on the field now. Seeing everyone else gave us scope on how Chika compared to others. Again it's not important now since we can gauge that in the matches themselves. The reason Izuho gets mentioned here is because we wouldn't be able to understand how she is improving since she dosen't compete in matches.
Oct 31, 2016 3:45 AM

Jun 2016
is yuma sitting on toma's lap in this chapter? lul
Oct 31, 2016 3:52 AM

Nov 2013
HyreinVeltiston said:
is yuma sitting on toma's lap in this chapter? lul
No it's just unintentional (or is it?) optical illusion.
Nov 1, 2016 12:14 AM

Nov 2013
It just occurred to me that Hyuse's words in a previous chapter might be foreshadowing that he can bypass Kage's SE like Azuma and Yuma. He admitted that Border agents are strong but doubted whether they can be used as soldiers. And he WAS raised to be a soldier much like Yuma was. So maybe.
Nov 1, 2016 2:37 AM
Apr 2016
Botato said:
It just occurred to me that Hyuse's words in a previous chapter might be foreshadowing that he can bypass Kage's SE like Azuma and Yuma. He admitted that Border agents are strong but doubted whether they can be used as soldiers. And he WAS raised to be a soldier much like Yuma was. So maybe.

Possibly, but I find it most likely that Hyuse will be up against Murakami while Yuma faces off against Kage. I imagine that Osamu will then pair with Yuma while Chika pairs with Hyuse.
Nov 1, 2016 7:58 AM
Feb 2015
Botato said:

Meh, doubt it. Hyuse wears his emotion on his sleeves. I think the anti-kageura type is people like Yuuma whose reaction when his dad died was less sad but more puzzled about why a parent wanted to die for him when it was his fault that he almost died.
Nov 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Feb 2016
p-kun said:
Botato said:

Meh, doubt it. Hyuse wears his emotion on his sleeves. I think the anti-kageura type is people like Yuuma whose reaction when his dad died was less sad but more puzzled about why a parent wanted to die for him when it was his fault that he almost died.

I think Yugo taught Yuma to be rational and calculative in every aspect of life whether it is in the battlefield or in social interaction, and he may have inculcated him that emotion makes human weak and dulls her/his judgment. So Yuma discarded his emotion and stress on logics. It has imbibed to his fighting style, so when he fights an opponent, he relies on logic and strategy to emotion, and since Kage's SE feeds on emotion, it is less useful against Yuma whereas Hyuse is the emotional type, any decent fighter with a good strategy can rile him enough to make a blunder and defeat him.
Uma_double12Nov 1, 2016 11:49 AM
Nov 1, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
That sounds a bit far fetched considering Yuma was 6-11 years old. If anything it's probably just something wrong with him as a human in general.
Nov 1, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2014
Yuma being nihilistic was a point brought up early on so it makes sense that he is like this.
Nov 1, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
This could just be something that comes with a lot of battle experience.

It's more about calculations and opportunities, than it is being pulled into an "emotional" battle, and there are very few people who can do that. I think Hyuse's comment on if Meeden soldiers can fight in a real war seems to emphasize this. Sure, fighting in the trion supplied rank wars rooms is one thing when you know people won't get hurt or die. It's another to fight on a battlefield where lives are at stake, and your decisions could result in the life or death of other individuals.

I'm sure Kuga knows this, based on his past experience. Azuma seems to know this as well. His taking out of Mikumo in their past Ranked War seems to indicate that he's very calculative when it comes to determining targets. I imagine Jin could also make the same type of decisions, free of emotion. He had to do this previously with Chika during the Aftokrator invasion, and again when Galopoula invaded. Likely the nature of living with his type of side effect.
Nov 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
Sniper promotion talk and training.
Yuzuru not giving up will now make it harder to win :(
Nov 1, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2015
Yuma was a very young kid when he started witnessing and being involved in fighting and wars. He probably witnessed many deaths and may have killed others himself. It is only natural that anyone, especially a child, would learn to turn off their emotions and feelings in this kind of situations.

As for Hyuse, I don't think he is as emotional as you guys see him. Actually, I think the only time he was kind of emotional was when fighting Jin and that is because he didn't understand why nothing worked. He was VERY calm when fighting Reiji and Karasuma and again when facing Regi. I don't know if he could bypass Kage's SE but I'd say he is more likely than the rest of Border.

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.