Forum Settings
Forums

Rewatching an anime when it gets a DUB? Do you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2016
The only animes I rewatched because of dub version are Deathnote, Spice&Wolf and Emma: The Victorian Romance.

So I guess, I do it sometimes.. depends on the quality and anime.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Oct 27, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2015
sometimes i watch the dub if i'm too lazy too read the sub.
Oct 27, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2016
Long ago I found the first and second seasons of Pokemon dubbed to Spanish and downloaded all of them, but now I came to realize that I prefer watching anime with the original voices. In fact, when watching series in English I prefer doing so with subtitles instead of looking for a dub in Spanish.
Oct 27, 2016 7:55 PM

May 2016
Depends, I usually stick to dubs but if im that interested in a sub then I will watch it. If its good, then i will watch it in dub. Like gangsta, I am totally re-watching that in dub.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Oct 27, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2016
I do not re-watch it when it gets dubbed because dub hurts. Once you get used to the sub, you can never go dub.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2016
I used to watch only dubbed when I was a lot younger (watching anything in a foreign language didn't appeal to me...) then when I got older I finally decided to try subbed out. I rarely watch shows in dub nowadays and I'm not a big fan of re-watching anime in the first place.
Oct 27, 2016 8:44 PM

May 2015
Never!!!
Dub is the devil's work...
Oct 27, 2016 8:47 PM

Mar 2014
I hate anime dubs.
There are many expressions and jokes that can't be translated.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Oct 27, 2016 9:01 PM

Jun 2016
I dont know why you watched dubb.
I found it cancerous hehehe
very awkward to hear and cringe.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Oct 27, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 2016
Dubs are usually worse in quality but I will make an exception for Black Lagoon
Oct 28, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
Depends on the anime. I remember trying to re-watch DBZ dub several years ago and end up watching it sub because the English voice acting from the Toonami era sounded awful with the bad voice acting, corny dialogue and bad dub errors. With newer anime, I don't mind watching the anime again after I watch it subbed. I found myself liking One Punch Man a lot more on a second viewing when I watch it on Toonami.
Oct 31, 2016 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
Overfoxed said:
Hey everyone,

i am used to watch anime in japanese because i am pretty impatient. But when I see that an Anime I enjoyed gets a dub i always ask myself, if I really wanna watch it. On the one hand, i enjoy most of the english voice actors and the mostly well translated or newly interpreted jokes. But on the other hand it can be really frustrating to see how your favorite character gets some changes to his expressions and reactions...

Anyone made similar experience? How do you usually decide?

If I really enjoyed it subbed then I will re-watch it dubbed. Since it might take a few years for a anime that is finished airing to get dubbed there is not really any issues between the different voice actors and reinterpreted jokes..
Oct 31, 2016 8:39 AM

May 2016
It gave me an excuse to rewatch Death Note, Gurren Lagann, and Fate/Zero back in the day, so yes.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 22

42 by tmoverbeck »»
3 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 11 hours ago

24 by Ex-Aid »»
19 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

19 by Ex-Aid »»
5 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

983 by SebasL21 »»
6 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

67 by FanofAction »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.