Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this episode was interesting, to see the character relationship building between Yuuri and Victor. Good to also see Yurio keeping up his work

Also, we got Phichit's introduction from Thailand, which goes to show how diverse the competition can be with all sort of countries in the world involved in the story. In the meantime, Yuri seeks to improve himself. Nice buildup.

Oct 26, 2016 11:25 AM
Oct 2016
Where is the chapter available already?
Oct 26, 2016 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
That father covers his son eyes xD
Oct 26, 2016 12:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The last three minutes were master class, wow.
This episode really brings out the details of ice skating in general, i loved that.
Oct 26, 2016 12:34 PM
Oct 2016
When he touched his head XD i was laughing so hard! And when he said "your boyfriend" i was like yesss pleeeaase i hope it happens cause i ship it
Oct 26, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2012
can't wait for the competitions to start and see the other ice skaters! and the two yuri's full programs of course~
Oct 26, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, Mostly just buildup and training but still good.

Do these Yaoi scenes always have to be in the bath? XD
The conversation between Yuri and Victor at the beach was really nice, Great to see Yuri slowly gaining that confidence he always needed.
Glad to see Yurio working hard as well.

So we've got around 3 competitions plus the grand prix final , I wonder if they'll be able to fit all these 4 competitions into 1 cour. Given that we're already starting with the competitions next week, I guess they might be able to do it.

Yuri touching Victor's head was hilarious. XD
Fitting name that Yuri gave the piece, 'Yuri on Ice'. :)
The final three minute montage with the soundtrack was excellent, Looking forward to seeing some great performances next week.
Lelouch0202Oct 26, 2016 12:55 PM
Oct 26, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
Oh, so Viktor offered to be his boyfriend? Interesting XD

Nice that some supporting characters got more screen - didn't expect Yuri's old coach to make another appearance to be honest

May 2016
I'm super excited for the competition to start, it's gonna be super awesome (im ready for that korean ass)

ANYWAY THIS EPISODE WAS SO FUCKING GAY BYE

Feb 2015
I'm liking Yurio more and more, especially in this episode. That half-ponytail hairstyle really suits him.

"Thank you, God."
Old man represents the fandom.
SchwingBonerOct 26, 2016 1:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
Viktor's carefree personality still bugs me a bit. It seems there's some kind of depth behind him but I'm not so sure about it seeing how things between Yuuri and him are developing - tho it's just ep 4. Basically, I still find it kind of odd that Viktor did what he did to start coaching Yuuri, so even in this ep I still felt bothered by his relationship with Yuuri.

It's sad that the animation in comparison with the first episode got worse, but that's only to be expected since it's a weekly release. Can't wait to see how they do things with the Blu-ray.

In the end I enjoyed the ep :D. Specially the part where Yuuri names the song he'll skate to. That was cool. Also, finally the song that played on the teaser made its appeareance! I was waiting for it, I already love the soundtrack. It was also really interesting to see how the competitions wil go down and what characters we'll see from now on, I'm looking forward to that.
turboemoOct 26, 2016 12:56 PM
Oct 26, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Feeling pretty torn on who to root for.
Good development but I can't help but feel that this series is just going to be subtle bl undertones the whole way??
I don't really want that...
Oct 26, 2016 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
And the gay undertones continue to soar to greater heights

But I gotta admit, I look forward to this anime every week.

The competition is going to be great

OrangeJPOct 26, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 26, 2016 12:56 PM

Oct 2016
I was really hoping they'd actually give Viktor and Yuuri a romantic relationship but now that Yuuri refused that I'm wondering if it'll actually happen. I don't want this to be just queerbaiting because I've had enough of that over the years...
Oct 26, 2016 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
thirstyforlemon said:
I was really hoping they'd actually give Viktor and Yuuri a romantic relationship but now that Yuuri refused that I'm wondering if it'll actually happen. I don't want this to be just queerbaiting because I've had enough of that over the years...

There's still room for it to happen, but in these cases we shouldn't get our hopes up, it's anime after all. The closer we get to guys having a romantic relationship is yaoi, and that's kinda sad most of the time.

It's only ep 4, I'd say it would be too early for that. We've barely seen development of Viktor, for example (or any kind of background, really).

I agree with you on the queerbaiting part though. But I'd rather want YOI to not get Yuuri and Viktor together if it's just gonna be for the sake of fanservice
turboemoOct 26, 2016 1:29 PM
Oct 26, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
this series manages to get better and better with every episode. that bathing scene where everyone was looking made my day especially the old man praying and the father covering his kid's eye's. So glad they explained the point system I've always been confused about the point system but now I know how to judge Ice skating. Also this is definitely an anime I absolutely enjoy watching at night but because it's nice and quiet outside today I decided to watch this during the day and I have to say It's enjoyable either way but I might continue watching this at night personal preference.
Oct 26, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
It's really weird that either the licensors or the TV stations got an incomplete version. I really hope this is just an one time mistake otherwise this might be the first sign of the production being behind schedule which I really don't want to happen.
Oct 26, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
thirstyforlemon said:

Ah beat me to it. That's the only thing I wanted to say regarding this episode; I'm also tired of teasing and baiting and such and this episode left me salty.
Oct 26, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
Another amazing episode! I love how well this show flows!(or should I say, slides). The build-up was masterfully done once again, I love to see that we're still getting to see what Yurio's doing and I love that he still communicates with Yuuko. The characters are all great and doggu is the best.
:3
Oct 26, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2016
thirstyforlemon said:

Personally, I just think Yuri rejected Victor because he was surprised by the question. My interpretation is that Victor has had feelings for Yuri from the start, and Yuri has just realised that he also may be developing feelings. It's only episode 4, I'm just glad that we at least can infer that Victor is in love with Yuri. By doing that, I don't think it even counts as queerbaiting anymore, just gay
Oct 26, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
Finally, the competitions starting. This is where it'll get interesting. I think the song naming of his piece was expected lol.
Oct 26, 2016 1:25 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fappa said:
It's really weird that either the licensors or the TV stations got an incomplete version. I really hope this is just an one time mistake otherwise this might be the first sign of the production being behind schedule which I really don't want to happen.

If that's an incomplete version, then i'm impressed how great it still looks.
Oct 26, 2016 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
So apparently the HS/CR version is unfinished and probably from 1 week ago. The TV raws look better.
:3
Oct 26, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2010
Screagle said:
thirstyforlemon said:

Personally, I just think Yuri rejected Victor because he was surprised by the question. My interpretation is that Victor has had feelings for Yuri from the start, and Yuri has just realised that he also may be developing feelings. It's only episode 4, I'm just glad that we at least can infer that Victor is in love with Yuri. By doing that, I don't think it even counts as queerbaiting anymore, just gay

That's the spirit! I kinda agree that Yuri was surprised by the question
Oct 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
yuri on ice so that´s the name of the musical piece i want to hear that
so victor and yuri have a good "relationship" hahahha the scene in the hotsprings was so funny next week new characters are coming ,good
Oct 26, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
Yuri's sister rooting for Yurio was so cute! Great ep! Also I still feel like something is a little off with Victor.. idk if that's just how his character is but I feel like he's hiding something?? or his intentions are not so good?? I cant explain it but I'll just have to wait and see.

Apr 2014
alpha_shadow said:
So apparently the HS/CR version is unfinished and probably from 1 week ago. The TV raws look better.
Yes, the version on Crunchyroll is clearly unfinished and there's many obvious differences. It seems that MAPPA is slipping behind schedule so much that they're making very last minute fixes. This doesn't really bode well for the rest of the series...
I made this imgur post compiling some of the differences between the two.

http://imgur.com/a/oyLSD

May 2014
I had to pause the episode multiple times bc of squealing problems, my god XD

Really liking the development with Yuri and Viktor's romance bromance.
It's really great to see Yuri slowly gaining confidence in his ability, even if it is happening in what will likely be his last competitive season. I almost teared up when that gorgeous piece from the PV started playing, and also during those last few minutes...they were beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, we also have Yurio's development with that ballet instructor...he was pretty damn mesmerizing at the end there! Had a few character introductions, and I'm so excited to see Yuri competing next episode!! I just don't wanna wait a full week ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
This is getting better by each episode, I feel so blessed.
Oct 26, 2016 1:41 PM
Aug 2015
That bath scene. That reaction from the customers. Priceless.
BUT SOO GAAAY
Overall great Episode
Oct 26, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Still consistent and the skating scenes still good.
Oct 26, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2008
They are not subtle at all with the fanservice XD
Oct 26, 2016 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or did they basically hint to that Yuuri is developing a crush on Victor? I mean a lot of it just seemed, oddly intended to go that way. From the head touch to the "my love" thing the song is. I mean, I might just be reading too much into it since I really want some representation but Idk.
Oct 26, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2016
When he touched Victor's head omg hahaha this episode (like all the others) was amazing.
Now I'm excited to see how Yuri will perform and the competition but also how Victor will be as a coach haha

AND I'M SO CURIOUS ABOUT THE NOSEBLEED ON THE PREVIEW!!!
Oct 26, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2013
OMG

Viktor is so sexy.
Oct 26, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2015
Can't wait for competitions.
:)
Oct 26, 2016 2:15 PM

May 2016

Yuri on very thin ice
Oct 26, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2012
KuroYume-96 said:
Screagle said:

That's the spirit! I kinda agree that Yuri was surprised by the question

Yeah I think you guys are right. He was just surprised is all. It is hinting that Yuuri is starting to develop feelings for Victor. We will just have to wait and see. Also I wonder why Yuuri has a nosebleed in the episode preview.
Oct 26, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
the first 15 minutes of the episode were the weakast of all so far. but the lest 3-5 were pure gold. amazing.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Oct 26, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2015
The feeling when you like the main character's rival waaaay more the main character. I'm mentally preparing myself for Russian Yuri's inevitable loss.

Also this anime

Oct 26, 2016 2:54 PM
Sep 2011
This episode had less drama and breathtaking excitement than the last 3 episodes but I still think the anime is great. It was a nice build up episode and even though I love Yuri and Victor the most, I appreciated seeing other characters getting real screentime too.

This episode also had less jokes in it. It's like the producers thought: Ok, let's be a little bit more serious in this one since it's about all of them finding their path and deciding what they want...still they included the head touching scene (which made me crack up so much I had to rewatch it again and again) and the "boyfriend" scene which I also found hilarious. It's like they are making fun of how BL this show seems.

Also we finally get a little bit of background on the "my last skating season" sentence from ep 3 which I was really worried about...although I still don't really get it...does he mean he cannot compete afterwards because he's too old? (But isn't Victor older and still competing?) or because his body probably won't handle it? Well, let's see where it goes.

Curious about the next episode!!!
Oct 26, 2016 3:01 PM
Oct 2016
Am I the only one who thinks the art quality has drastically dropped in this episode? :c
Oct 26, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2014
I'm really enjoying this but it seems like there's still a lot of story left to tell for only 8 episodes. I hope the pacing doesn't suffer because of it.
Oct 26, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
The ice skating animations are starting to bother me even more. His figure and shadow proportional are so off compared to the background and I'm not sure if it was the ledge but there was a huge black line on the bottom of the screen too when he started, made me think they went past the boundaries of the background image, which is just a still image. They're reminding me much of GoHands studio, the amount of recycled scenes is somewhat bothersome as well, as if they're just copy and pasting onto different backgrounds.
Oct 26, 2016 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
Paul said:
The ice skating animations are starting to bother me even more. His figure and shadow proportional are so off compared to the background and I'm not sure if it was the ledge but there was a huge black line on the bottom of the screen too when he started, made me think they went past the boundaries of the background image, which is just a still image. They're reminding me much of GoHands studio, the amount of recycled scenes is somewhat bothersome as well, as if they're just copy and pasting onto different backgrounds.

Yesss, this too :( why is it that they always make it so pretty in the beginning and then the rest of the episodes seems to have been done one day before the release sighs
Oct 26, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2014
I can tell you from now that I wouldn't want to see a MAD Victor! This man had been smiling throughout the entirety of this series... you can tell in this episode one of them was forced, like his patience were running thin so NOPE! I wouldn't make him mad if I were Yuri.
Oct 26, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
Why is this anime so sexy? I'm dying.
Oct 26, 2016 3:20 PM
Aug 2015
I sadly have to say, that in the moment I like Yurio's choreography more than Yuuri's. Also, the story was a littl- RUSHED, REALLY RUSHED. WHICH WAS SAD. But the end was better, some great and HILARIOUS romantical scenes, but it's a shame to say, that the animation wasn't AS GOOD as it was in the previous episodes. It was still good though. There has been a LOT WORSE.. A LOT.
demeeterOct 26, 2016 3:24 PM
Oct 26, 2016 3:46 PM
Jun 2014
I mean overall the art is great but lately there are many scenes of recycled animation, and some scenes that don't look as drawn well... I don't know if MAPPA is saving for the competition episodes but I know what they are capable of from the first ep. Still loving this show like a crazy addiction though.
Oct 26, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
YURIO'S HAIR!!!!!
this is so great im going to cry
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

473 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 9, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

559 by Ilookgood »»
Mar 3, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.