Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2009
Sort of in a bind right now. I've successfully rewatched stuff from my dropped list in the past, but now I'm just plain confused on where to start. I'd appreciate the help in choosing which of these I should rewatch first. After finishing the voted show, I'll probably in the mood for the rest. My dropped list isn't that big right now so I wanna clear it while I still can.

Here's my dropped list so you can read my cancerous thoughts on each: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CheekyKunt?status=4

It'll also be cool if you guys can leave reasons on why I should rewatch them. I'm open to any choice btw. Thanks!^^
Oct 25, 2016 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
D.gray-man, gets better as the main character becomes more badass and Kokoro Connect is good. Grimar is alright. These three are the exception and DO NOT WATCH CLANNAD it is boring and slow paced.

Watching 1 episode is like waiting for 10 years to pass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2015
Watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is really funny and it has a decent execution, is very similar to Toradora!. Sorata (the MC) is a dense and tedious character but Nanami and Mashiro are very cute and 'original'. Nanami best girl m8 and do not bother to keep watching Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is one of the worst anime I ever watch, the pace is very slow and the characters are really boring.
Oct 25, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2014
I'd say Clannad After Story. Though there maybe some romance element, there's not much compared to season one since love is already made.
Rare to see someone who likes Aria to dislike Clannad <.<
Oct 25, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2014
Based on your list i dont think you will like any of those anime.
Oct 25, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2015
Akzhu7 said:
Nanami best girl m8
Wrong - Trump
Sakurasou is life, please watch it OP
Oct 25, 2016 7:21 PM

Apr 2016
Tokyo Ghoul if your new
Oct 25, 2016 7:29 PM

Jul 2016
Tokyo Ghoul why did you drop this?
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and this?
Oct 25, 2016 7:52 PM

Jun 2015
You dropped Sword Art Online 2? HOW DARE YOU?!

CheekyKunt, you don't understand how fantastic the storyline is. The eloquent philosophical statements on society clearly flew over your head.

2deep4u
Oct 25, 2016 8:09 PM

Oct 2016
I'd say tokyo ghoul. Tokyo ghoul was pretty good but I think the second series was wayyyy better. Its way worth it to finish the first season and then watch the second.
Oct 25, 2016 10:46 PM

Jul 2009
Renaultclio101 said:
D.gray-man, gets better as the main character becomes more badass and Kokoro Connect is good. Grimar is alright. These three are the exception and DO NOT WATCH CLANNAD it is boring and slow paced.

Watching 1 episode is like waiting for 10 years to pass

Tbh I didn't like Clannad S1, but I heard AS is much better. Agree with you though that S1 felt super slow. Have you seen AS yet?

Akzhu7 said:
Watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is really funny and it has a decent execution, is very similar to Toradora!. Sorata (the MC) is a dense and tedious character but Nanami and Mashiro are very cute and 'original'. Nanami best girl m8 and do not bother to keep watching Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is one of the worst anime I ever watch, the pace is very slow and the characters are really boring.

I enjoyed Toradora and people keep telling me Sakurasou goes down a similar path, so you might be on to something. Grimgar does feel kinda clunky in the beginning.

Kisaragi said:
I'd say Clannad After Story. Though there maybe some romance element, there's not much compared to season one since love is already made.
Rare to see someone who likes Aria to dislike Clannad <.<

Yeah I dunno why, they're both actually pretty similar. Maybe I should give it another chance after all.

xRhai said:
Based on your list i dont think you will like any of those anime.

Awww don't be a negative nancy fam^^

WisestOne said:
Akzhu7 said:
Nanami best girl m8
Wrong - Trump
Sakurasou is life, please watch it OP

Hmm yeah this is the most likely candidate tbh, but I'd like to hear more of your personal reasons^^

R4ymond said:
Tokyo Ghoul if your new

Hmm honestly I wouldn't exactly call myself new. Or maybe you could see my list to judge if I'm new or not. Any other reason why I should see it?

atKatlin said:

I dropped TG cause it just didn't hit with me for some reason. For Sakurasou, I thought the characters weren't to my liking. I just finished Toradora before that and Sakurasou felt like an inferior copy I guess.

bmoore07 said:

CheekyKunt, you don't understand how fantastic the storyline is. The eloquent philosophical statements on society clearly flew over your head.

2deep4u

Okey here's a better question fam, how the heck did you track my topic LOL.

Wux1n said:
I'd say tokyo ghoul. Tokyo ghoul was pretty good but I think the second series was wayyyy better. Its way worth it to finish the first season and then watch the second.

Second series as in Root A? Didn't people mostly dislike that?

Thanks all, looking for more input!
Oct 26, 2016 3:14 AM

Sep 2016
Tokyo Ghoul for sure because most of others are kinda sad and barely have action.
Oct 26, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2013
Air gear is great, especially when it gets past what the anime finished at. My bride is a mermaid is another great series, though I personally preferred the anime. Tokyo ghoul is tokyo ghoul, unique action, eccentric characters and a very strong theme of morality and the confliction between good and evil. Out of these all I recommend you start with Tokyo Ghoul as, if you marathon enough you may catch up with the currently airing Re, which thus far is brilliant.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 26, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2015
Seto no Hanayome is the only one out of two from that list that I know and I could easily recommend it if you're looking for comedy. Though reading your reasons for dropping it, it might just not be your kind of humour, so I dunno if it'd be worth giving it another chance if it's clearly not your type of series. To me, it's the funniest anime I've ever watched, and could easily recommend it to anyone looking for something hilarious.
The other one I know from that list is Tokyo Ghoul, which I found to be all right. It's only 12 episodes, so it's not a huge time investment, even if you think it's mediocre.
Oct 26, 2016 3:32 AM

Feb 2014
Kokoro Connect is the only one that's worth watching, at least out of the ones I have given a try, anyway. And no, it's nothing like Haruhi. It's more like of a psychological drama (especially later on), with some supernatural thrown in, than your regular high school club SoL anime. But have to agree, besides Iori and Inaba, the rest of the characters aren't all that interesting.
Oct 26, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
I absolutely, whole heartedly recommend picking Sakurasou back up again.

It's one of my favorites, and it's one of the better romance series as far as supporting cast. That's not to say everything else isn't just as strong in the series, but Sakurasou is one of the few series I've watched where I felt like every member of the supporting cast was treated respectably as a character. They don't just exist to further the two main love interests, they actually have their own arcs and lives going on.

It's something really special, and I always worry that the generic JC Staff moe art style turns away more people than it should. I would say it's on par with Toradora, and I probably enjoyed it more as a whole.

Also, Grimgar is really clunky, but it has a lot of weight in the fights that most series of the same genre lack. They tend to hold the viewer's hand a little too much, and the characters aren't anything really special, but the fight scenes are definitely worth watching, at least on their own if you can't stomach the rest of the show. They also have some really great tracks in there that make some of the more important fight scenes feel like really well made AMVs. The music coupled with the battle scenes is probably why I had Grimgar in my favorites for awhile.

SAOII is hard to pinpoint though... If you liked the first half of season 1, you'll probably like the second half of season 2. Assuming you don't mind either sitting through some really lame episodes to get there, or skipping large chunks of the story to get to the really good parts. Mother's Rosario, the second act of SAOII, is better than everything thus far I've seen in the series. To clarify, I would say that I enjoy SAO, but I can also see a lot of where people are coming from when they say they have issues with it. Mother's Rosario is a very subdued arc that's also surprisingly character focused. It's a drama arc, and it's worth watching because I think it shows how much potential SAO has as a series when executed with care.

Kokoro Connect I haven't seen but I feel obligated to recommend it because everyone who knows what I like has said that it was a really, really good show.
removed-userOct 26, 2016 3:45 AM
Oct 26, 2016 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
Air Gear - boring af
Tokyo Ghoul - pretty bad adaption, no surprise from Pierrot here
Sword Art Online II - not as good as season 1, still enjoyable
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - awesome show with great characters
Oct 26, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2016
atKatlin said:

I dropped TG cause it just didn't hit with me for some reason. For Sakurasou, I thought the characters weren't to my liking. I just finished Toradora before that and Sakurasou felt like an inferior copy I guess.

I see. At first I was also skeptical to watch Tokyo Ghoul because of its genre but for some reason I was really curious. If you like the main character who is weak then become strong or you like action and supernatural I would suggest you to rewatch it. About Sakurasou I think the characters are the one who pull the anime interesting. I would suggest the two to give it a chance.
Oct 26, 2016 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
@CheeckyKunt I have watched all of the Clannad including the movie(s) and it was still slow paced which felt similar. I believe the After story starts like a new life (spoiler free) and just continues where it was left off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 6:07 AM

Oct 2016
Wux1n said:

Second series as in Root A? Didn't people mostly dislike that?[/quote]
I suppose so idk. I really enjoyed Root A because I liked how the MC changed from being a pussy to being a bad ass. However, overall they both were good. I'd say just give it a chance and watch both. Let me know what you think once you do!
Oct 26, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2015
CheekyKunt said:

bmoore07 said:

2deep4u

Okey here's a better question fam, how the heck did you track my topic LOL.

Umm.... I didn't track this topic. It just showed up in "Recent Posts" and I decided to add my suggestion.
Oct 26, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2009
@SenpieX Yeah it does seem that only TG has decent action. I guess I'm in an action mood right now lol.

@Fuchsia Pretty cool that you're the first here to point out Air Gear. I was kinda bored with it in the beginning, but others have told me it gets better. I guess most sports anime are like that though. My Bride is a Mermaid's jokes didn't click with me, but that's probably cause I saw it during elementary school and I was too dumb to understand the humor back then.

@Milennin Yeah TG is short tbh, only 12 episodes lol. I'm mainly prioritizing in clearing my dropped list, so I'm not really hesitant if the show's horrible (unless it's like god-awful). Just need some thoughts on why others like them.

@Vhailor Lol I actually didn't know why it was giving me Haruhi vibes. I'm guessing it's cause the gang congregated in a similar-looking club room in the first episode XD I heard there's a good triangle later on like in White Album 2, so I'm pretty eager to see that. Sucks to hear that I was right about those two being the only interesting cast members though.

@S-Shiro Thanks, this is the kind of post I'd like to see. I admit that you'll likely make me want to pick Grimgar back up again. Tbh I didn't even like the first half of SAO, so SAO II is one of the least reluctant shows for me to rewatch XD

@Gator I think I didn't give Sakurasou enough chance to show its characters lol. Gonna give it a try again later.

@atKatlin Cool, and it looks like both are winning in the polls anyways lol.

@Renaultclio101 Nooo you spelled my name wrong xP Hmm so AS still has similar pacing to S1? I see. Actually I expected AS to dominate the polls, but looks like I couldn't be more wrong.

@Wux1n Well they're both short so that works for me then lel. I'll tell you later after I'm done with them!

@bmoore07 Lol just dicking around with you fam. Based on what you said, I'm expecting SAO II to wreck the likes of Monster, Texhnolyze and all those other pleb shows. Don't disappoint me now or I'll spam your inbox with shit till your browser crashes.
Oct 26, 2016 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
I think you suffer from a severe shit taste disorder

I'd say kokoro connect, Cannot remember it exactly but I'd say that it actually gets better at least imo, maybe to put it better there is a little bit more to the character but then you might disagree, still tho, I voted kokoro connect maybe try the first arc (like 4 episodes or so) and see from there.

I never pick up stuff from my dropped list I am genuinely surprised someone wants to give another try to shows they didn't liked.

Edit: also you might actually try SAO 2 imo opinion it is better than SAO 1 still tho I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

And sorry that I might be a little biased with kokoro connect but it is one of my favs and I personally don't have too many things I dislike about it, also if you actually happen to like it then make sure to watch the OVA it is imo even better but please don't force yourself just to get to the OVA, 3 episodes may not be worth it even if you would happen to like them.
removed-userOct 26, 2016 10:03 AM
Oct 26, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
CheekyKunt said:

@Renaultclio101 Nooo you spelled my name wrong xP Hmm so AS still has similar pacing to S1? I see. Actually I expected AS to dominate the polls, but looks like I couldn't be more wrong.

Haha I had to look at it a few times since I spelt it wrong. :)

Im seeing Tokyo Ghoul dominating now but to be fair looking at the anime series you have listed. I had the similar feel f dropping except for the few I mentioned. I did not touch on. Tokyo Ghoul you would thought it improve but S2 it doesn't. Everyone recommends reading the manga so better to read than watch TG
Oct 26, 2016 11:37 AM
Apr 2015
Seto no Hanayome is the most hillarious thing I've ever watched, you should really try to watch the entire thing.
Oct 26, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
@CheekyKunt Glad to be of service, lol. And Grimgar honestly is a pretty neat show that manages to stand out from things like SAO or other fantasy RPG-type worlds in anime, but it obviously has its share of issues. The pacing is quite slow, and a lot of people bash it for that, but I think that helps add to the weight of the world they're in, and it makes it feel a lot more dangerous and real.

SAO is fun as long as you aren't the type of person to get overly annoyed at nitpicky type things. As I said, I can see the issues people have with it, but I've never understood why they're so important to some people that it would change the show from a 7 or an 8 to a 1 on their list, haha.

Maybe I'm just more forgiving, Idk.
Oct 26, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2009
@Darek Thanks for that. Do you think Kokoro Connect's love triangle is good iyo? Also will the characters other than Inaba and Inori get more interesting later on? And since you're wondering, my dropped list used to be non-existent so I wanna return it like that lol.

@S-Shiro I'm pretty sure people who gave SAO a 1 or 2 intended to do so from the beginning XD
Oct 26, 2016 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
@CheekyKunt

Well considering the fact that I hate love triangles and this one didn't made me wanna kill myself I guess I can call it good, it also unlike most of other love triangles caught me by surprise and btw I don't judge love triangles by the best girl winning but how on the edge I was, basically it is not so dead obvious like the ones in shakugan no shana or any other anime I saw whether my best girl won or not.

Also the love triangle gets resolved in the OVA and not the anime. Also despite the LNs continuing after I felt like it actually ended to the point when I was surprised there is actually more to the story, so they picked a good moment to end it, no cliffhanger, no need to read the LNs unless you wanna see more.

They all get attention and some arcs are more focused on a certain character's development while still developing the others at the same time, the main five gets most screentime obviously but some (well there isn't many tbh) side characters are to at least some extent developed but it is a short series so ya know they ain't got time for that.

That was a fucking ramble, I apologize for that XD

removed-userOct 26, 2016 10:01 PM
Oct 27, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2009
@Darek No you're fine lol. Hmm okay then, more reason to watch the OVA. Don't think I'll be reading the LN though since I'm an illiterate bastard who dislikes reading. Thanks, gonna try see this later then!
Oct 27, 2016 12:36 AM
Nov 2013
Kokoro Connect, because it's not half-bad, and it's not that long and doesn't drag on nearly as much as the other choices, especially After Story.
Oct 27, 2016 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
@Zynol Cool, it doesn't seem too long so sounds promising

More topics from this board

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - 8 hours ago

6 by DMind »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
4 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
6 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
12 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Yesterday

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.