Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 1, 2020 10:28 PM

Jun 2020
This OVA was great very enjoyable, Iroha was so damn cute when she was pouting lol, while on Yukino she was also damn cute, well nothing much on Yui, so overall 7/10.
Nov 16, 2020 7:24 PM

Aug 2017
Not a fan of Hachiman with Iroha during the half of the OVA but it was quite enjoyable. I'm going to start season 3 later. 7/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 25, 2020 1:03 AM

May 2020
According to me, this is the best thing that Oregairu franchise has given.

Iroha is the only girl I like. Thanks to this OVA, I was able to see more of Iroha than Yukino and Yui.
Jan 31, 2021 3:40 AM
Jul 2020
Aw yeah. The ova is absolutely marvelous. I actually like it more the actual series. But the first ova from S1 was more beautiful than this one. Here the first half of the ova was nice too but the next got a bit bored though. Anyway still loved it.
Apr 24, 2021 11:54 PM

Jun 2020
L O L I was laughing at Irohasu & 8man playing ping pong. Her sly tricks & his reactions were too funny!!!!!!

Omg that was SO cute when Iroha was showing the girls the photos & Yukino’s reaction to the cat!!!!♡ And when she was nyaaaaaning lolllolol. She really loves her nekos.

Hachiman can be sweet & caring when he wants to be. He is truly a nice guy, whether he believes it or not. I teared up seeing his smile when he saw the club photo at the end :’)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Mar 2019
I actually like Iroha more than I did at the beginning, the relationship between her and Hachiman is funny and always nice.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 24, 2022 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
I wish my highschool life was this interesting. I definitely would love to be in the company of pretty girls at least. hehe

Plenty of funny moments. Hachiman is such an interesting guy. 9/10
Nov 16, 2022 8:01 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
hoopla123 said:
Instantly #1 favourite anime of all time.

This is literally a dream come true.

The OVA that saved the industry.

The Iroha date scene was perfect, however, quite a few left out scenes and original ones too.

For instance, Hachiman, Yukino and Yui never go to the mall for the Student Council's promotion poster/booklet thing... This was solely original content to appease Yukinofags. Absolutely disgusting. The three were working their asses off in school, not going out. They were going around doing interviews to various clubs and such.

They also left out the scene where Iroha threatens Hachiman with the receipts from their date when he becomes reluctant to help her with this promotion poster problem (after the threat, he goes all in).

Also, the scene where Hachiman takes pictures of Iroha too during their work interviewing the other school clubs...

Not to mention they left out Hachiman taking a picture of Iroha, Yukino and Yui together after Iroha takes a picture for them, as well as his reaction after taking the picture for Iroha, Yukino and Yui: "I wonder what kind of pains I will feel with these memories once I reach the age of longing."

They also left out Zaimokuza scene (chuunibro rip) and the heartwarming Hachiman & Komachi scene..

The Yukinofag scene was pretty bad, but you know what? They got the date perfectly down (albeit a bit rushed and lack of Hachiman inner dialogue reactions).

I give this a 10/10. It can't be any lower than that. After all, it is the holy 10.5 adaption.

Fav Quote from the OVA:

Iroha: "What's up with that pain in the ass look?" "There's no girl that's not a pain.."

Hachiman: "Your right, there's no human being in the world that's not a pain in the ass."

Iroha: "Uwah, Senpai you're a pain.."

Quoting your ass on purpose, first Yukinofags?!
All you guys need to have some respect for the best girl in the show already, seems like your parents didnt raise you right, I will teach you the GOSPEL NOW.

First Yukino is the defacto BEST GIRL in the show, period, SECOND, that doesnt mean other girls are automatically not best girls either!
Oregairu is one of the few shows were the main girls all have positive qualities to themselves I could imagine the MC ending with any of them.

At first I pledged my loyality to Yukino abuse, but then Yui started to melt my frozen heart with some critical hits, then comes Iroha with her moves and destroys any choice I had from pledging solely to a godness alone!

Now onto the OVA, this was just better than S2, this is what you get when you have a better pacing and dont rush like crazy.
I loved 10.5, the Iroha parts on the LN for me are a 10/10, plain and simple, here, it was still a very sucessfull adaptation, still gave me more sweetness and spice my heart can take in one go and then to end we have a shorter chapter of the girls also getting a date with Hikki, and it was so cute that ending.

In conclusion, with this OVA everyone wins!
Hopefully the pacing is much better with S3, since I will be reading the LN and watching back to back with the anime.

If I let my unfiltered desires to come out, this would be a 10/10, but when I get a grip of myself and analyze it properly, this is stil way better than S2, so WOW, it was great to see this adapted, I feared they would skip 10.5, since there is lots of trash side stories that are a bore to read, but this was such an wholesome volume.

9.1/10 = 9
Girls sweet but with some spicy are the best!
PlaycoolNov 16, 2022 8:07 AM
Apr 14, 2023 3:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
DARN YOU PING PONG TABLE BLOCKING 8MAN'S VIEW. I think I discovered something about Hachiman- he enjoys things more when he CAN'T see them. Iroha has worn the short skirt with no leggings whatsoever all this time. But it's when she puts on leggings is when Hachiman gets fired up enough to curse the ping pong table blocking his view. Same with Yukino, whom he moves over to as she's admiring some cats, to block the view of anyone who might be taking a look at her thighs. Thing is, she's wearing leggings here, when usually she has her thigh-highs exposed. Yet Hachiman thinks this was a more dire situation where Yukino was in need of protection. I guess for Hachiman: leggings = more lewd than actual bare skin.

Anyway, was smiling like an idiot pretty much the whole time. I'll take a 10 out of 100 points any day if it's from Iroha. Speaking of, I think this ova officially made me an Iroha shipper no cap. And yeah, it's an ova, a filler of sorts, adapted from what was volume 10.5 I believe. Perhaps it works better separately, but unlike season 1's ova (to be fair, season 1 was a bit lighter on the subject material overall), I wouldn't have minded it at all if this were included within the 2nd season. Usually fillers lack any type of character development, they're filler, not required to be part of the main story after all. While the same remains true with this ova, you can't deny that it adds a little bit to the mix which helps round out the growing affection that characters are having for each other. Just seeing another scene or two showing low-key jealousy on Yukino's and Yui's faces certainly do add to the believability that they are falling for Hachiman whether they admit it to themselves or not. And while we're on the topic, I'd like to maybe take a stab and what DID make them fall for Hachiman. These are romantic human feelings, so of course they have no solid explanation. But there are factors that helped influence said feelings no doubt. For Yui, idk, maybe she just saw something in Hachiman that allowed herself to be her true self around him. Yukino on the other hand, seems to be a bit more interesting. What does SHE see in Hachiman? Wasn't she upset with him on a number of occasions for taking on the load for himself, and also for taking that load away from her, problems that she wanted to deal with herself in order to grow? Yes, but that's also the point, she doesn't want to see Hachiman hurt in any way, that part's already clear. The more important aspect I believe is that I think she saw in Hachiman someone who didn't want to see HER hurt for the first time, when no one in her own family probably saw her that way. From the influence of her family, she sought out to fight for herself and to become someone who was their own person. But deep down, she wants some one to lean on, to rely on... someone to save her. And when Hachiman came into her life, I believe she found what she was looking for, and sought to protect him as she would something precious. Anyhow, that's a bit unrelated to this ova, but still kind of related. We get glimpses of how our characters feel about each other, and that alone makes this worth the watch. I went from liking to loving Iroha now, just as I kinda love this ova.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 26, 2023 4:43 PM
Jan 2020
where can i watch this legally or illegally? 
May 17, 2023 6:47 AM

Oct 2021
This was really fun to watch, the entire date with iroha was so cute and that scene of yukino and yuigahama getting jealous over the pic lol, Iroha x hachiman is not my cup of tea, but after watching this OVA I actually kinda don't mind them getting along more well than "friends" or "senpai-kouhai" relationship. Pretty satisfied 9/10
Sep 23, 2023 7:40 AM

Dec 2017
Is this OVA a way to us fans that there's an Iroha route anime planned? cuz I want it.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Sep 26, 2023 3:09 PM
Feb 2023
I hate Yui, I personally think people should just know when to accept an L when they take one, but oh my god.
Oct 7, 2023 3:22 AM
Mar 2021
watching this ep after watching the whole series is just an w...really a good one.Yukino's meow is killing
Dec 7, 2023 11:53 PM

Nov 2023
What a nice essentiially a triple date
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Will there be season 3

ZALRAN - Jan 15, 2017

11 by Komacchi »»
Jan 20, 2022 3:21 PM

» BOYCOTT!!!

nottescura - Nov 5, 2016

19 by LeftBlank »»
Jun 23, 2019 1:52 AM

» Does the new Oregairu Zoku OVA take place before or after the last episode of season 2?

RintarouRintarou - Oct 31, 2016

4 by Jose07 »»
Mar 12, 2017 1:39 PM

» PV

kr055 - Aug 19, 2016

42 by Veone »»
Oct 25, 2016 11:18 AM

» Is this canon?

R_TF - Sep 18, 2016

4 by Raydnt »»
Sep 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.