Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 25, 2016 9:26 PM
Apr 2015
Shoegum said:

These are all elitist anime and he should be burned at the stake for ruining the anime industry with his elitist taste.

What? When did we have elitist anime?
Oct 25, 2016 9:34 PM

May 2015
Oh look, I just watched my first Pewdiepie video. It's interesting how down to earth he can be since it seems his channel is oriented around nonsense and "comedy" enjoyable for 12 year olds like my brother who I found out today is subscribed to Pewdiepie. As for his taste, I can't say much since I haven't seen most of the anime he talked about.

But, he can't be an elitist because he was embarrassed to talk about his favorite anime. A true elitist wouldn't care if people judged them because elitists believe their taste is the best.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Oct 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
i could never figure out why anyone even gives pewdiepie the time of day. I can only imagine its because people are either all 12 year old boys who find silly faces and screeching funny or girls who think hes attractive.

The point being, who cares what he likes.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Oct 25, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
no LOGH/10

havent watch the video an dont care what he likes though
Oct 25, 2016 10:09 PM

May 2015
drkninja8 said:
ikr like wtf, most of the anime he lists are ones that ive never even heard of
hey man! welcome to the internet! have a safe stay, and most importantly, remember to have fun!
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 25, 2016 10:12 PM

Aug 2016
Lol why do you even care if he's an elitist or not?
Or r u just lowkey trying to make a hate appreciation thread just for him, op?

btw Pewdiepie>Lost Pause
Oct 25, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
He not only watched, but rated Planetes 9/10.
His taste is already better than most of MAL.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Oct 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2009
most of those series are terrible though (apart from the godlike welcome to the nhk)
Oct 25, 2016 11:53 PM

Jun 2016
How could you be so hateful and mean? he's just an entertainer.

I love his work and also his taste in anime is great.
Oct 26, 2016 12:12 AM

Sep 2015
I think it's okay for him to like anime
what i think is not okay is that he says he's emberrased about it..

although he just recently made another channel under de name of jacksepticeye2 just to get another golden play button
this man's videos are liturally just plain sattire
FabrunetteOct 26, 2016 12:28 AM
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Oct 26, 2016 12:19 AM

Oct 2016
An elitist? Ahahhahahaha he's GOD HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!
Oct 26, 2016 12:23 AM

Feb 2010
1) Is Pewpiedie an elitist?
could be
2) Is Pewdeipei trying to turn his impressionable fanbase of 12 year olds into filthy elitists?
of course
3) Does Poopidee have good taste?
from info above seems like he does have it for anime
Oct 26, 2016 12:25 AM

Jun 2015
I thought pewdipi was some new anime........

are you calling some two bit retard famous?
Oct 26, 2016 12:37 AM

Feb 2013
Im so tired of meeting people Who likes anime and when i ask them fave anime they always tell me naruto, one piece, Tokyo ghoul etc etc im not saying elitist people are better but... They re more rare to find

Oct 26, 2016 12:54 AM

Aug 2015
I don't really see what's the big deal here. Dude is just saying that he likes some anime... so what?

Never liked his videos, but he doesn't seem much like an elitist to me. Even if he is, it's his problem.

Personally, I watch whatever I find enjoyable. I couldn't care less about how popular it is or how "elitist" it is.
Oct 26, 2016 1:02 AM

Nov 2011
If he don't have Gintama in his favorite, he's trash.

Oct 26, 2016 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
just realizes OP was 15 years old... The pot calling the kettle black huh?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 26, 2016 1:27 AM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:
and he has a elitist taste aswell when you look at his fav anime and his mean score. He also gave psycho pass a 1.

But in all honesty the only things that should burn are all those bad light novels and their adaptations like Rezero. (Not all light novels are bad, Nisioisin ones, Bakano and etc are good for example)
Oct 26, 2016 1:28 AM

Oct 2014
badwolf45f said:
Im so tired of meeting people Who likes anime and when i ask them fave anime they always tell me naruto, one piece, Tokyo ghoul etc etc im not saying elitist people are better but... They re more rare to find
and good anime is also more rare to find nowadays sadly...
Oct 26, 2016 1:40 AM

Mar 2015
Bourmegar said:
Kuma said:
and he has a elitist taste aswell when you look at his fav anime and his mean score. He also gave psycho pass a 1.

But in all honesty the only things that should burn are all those bad light novels and their adaptations like Rezero. (Not all light novels are bad, Nisioisin ones, Bakano and etc are good for example)

"hurr durr, anime is not caterd towards me anymore, anime is dying"

you know, you can always watch old shows or some "unique" shows made each season even on low number, or the huge amout of undescovered manga...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 26, 2016 1:46 AM
Feb 2016
Kuma said:

stfu m8 15 yrs olds r wayyyy more mature than 12 yrs olds i dont like shitty yutubers lik pûdïpé i watch matur yutubers lik gam grumps 😎😎😎
Oct 26, 2016 1:51 AM

Mar 2015
Shoegum said:
Kuma said:

stfu m8 15 yrs olds r wayyyy more mature than 12 yrs olds i dont like shitty yutubers lik pûdïpé i watch matur yutubers lik gam grumps 😎😎😎

i really hope this is sarcasm...

i dislike youtubers too.. i don't even know who this whole pewdie was.. nither those snob army or whatever it was...
Oct 26, 2016 1:54 AM

Aug 2015
Well, he has a great Taste in anime, i don't get why he is embarrassed...
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Oct 26, 2016 2:13 AM

Jan 2016
Not a fan of PewDiePie personally, and the only anime I've seen that he listed is Ergo Proxy, but fuck if I don't appreciate him for having the courage to make that video at the very least.
Oct 26, 2016 2:19 AM
Jun 2013
Hey! Someone can help me to understand what's an "elitist"?? I never heard about that.
Oct 26, 2016 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
badwolf45f said:

lol, pretty much what goes in my mind everytime I talk about anime with someone.
"Hey, you like anime? So, what are you watching?"
"Well I'm waiting for Naruto to end."
Time to change the subject :3
Oct 26, 2016 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
TheFugga said:
Klad said:
Psycho Pass was trash though......
but will still be better than reZero, never forget :))
Both are shit, I've forgotten to lower Re zero's rating
Oct 26, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
Wow this topic still going. I guess we can add Pewdiepie to MAL's list of trigger words.
Oct 26, 2016 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
All I can say is that PewDiePie finally noticed us.

Can we be glad about that.
Oct 26, 2016 7:30 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
romagia said:
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good taste go౦ԁ tASte👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌taste right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good taste

Good taste isn't it? It is rare nowadays to find healthy people within the weeb crowd.

Oct 26, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2009
Clebardman said:
badwolf45f said:

lol, pretty much what goes in my mind everytime I talk about anime with someone.

You guys are showing symptoms of elitism. Better take care of that quick :s
Oct 26, 2016 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
CheekyKunt said:
Clebardman said:

You guys are showing symptoms of elitism. Better take care of that quick :s

I had the exact same conversation a while ago with someone but she mentioned Fairy Tail :/

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 26, 2016 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
30 character piece of shit
Ari_the_Lioness said:
RottedRabbit said:
I almost got banned for avoiding that...

*sniffles* You're not going to yell at me again are you? Also almost got banned for avoiding what?
It's really annoying.

Oct 26, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
badwolf45f said:
- Tokyo Ghoul Manga was great, although I'd agree it's anime is sub-par

- Say why One Piece is so awful? Naruto's character's get on my nerves at times (Why I Dropped). i've seen plenty of people who've seen much more anime than me, and They Still love One Piece.

Oct 26, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
[quote=Dishonest message=48300778][quote=CheekyKunt message=48300500]
Clebardman said:
badwolf45f said:

Didn't The Manga end 2 years ago now?

Oct 26, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
I don't really see what he's so embarrassed about

I mean, overall he has much better taste than 90 % of the MAL users who frequent the forum on a regular basis
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 26, 2016 10:18 AM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:

I mean, overall he has much better taste than 90 % of the MAL users who frequent the forum on a regular basis

Much of his audience is likely comprised out of the sort of people who take "weeaboo hunting" way too far and would be liable to losing respect for him just for mentioning that he likes any anime.
Oct 26, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
Lobinde said:
Comic_Sans said:

Much of his audience is likely comprised out of the sort of people who take "weeaboo hunting" way too far and would be liable to losing respect for him just for mentioning that he likes any anime.
I understand him

Believe it or not weeaboo hunters are usually worse than the weeaboos themselves
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 26, 2016 10:57 AM

May 2015
Comic_Sans said:

He says it near the end that he is embarrassed because he is sharing something quite personal for him not because he is embarrassed of watching anime. At least most of them with the exception of Ichigo 100% where there is kinda embarrassed for what anime he watched, kinda.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Sleeep said:
Hey! Someone can help me to understand what's an "elitist"?? I never heard about that.
It is a retarded term made by anime fans in order to feel superior and insult other people with a proper "justification". Basically, people who like "deep", "thought-provoking", "intelligent", etc. shows and insult other anime fans for not liking the same anime as them. In other words, a retarded 12 year old kid.
Oct 26, 2016 11:35 AM

May 2015
Buo said:
Why is he "so embarassed" to talk about arguably good anime? I don't understand.

Because being an anime fan is looked down upon is society.

Oct 26, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2015
I'm not sure if it could be, or not...

Oct 26, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Kinda interesting how a person responsible for so much low-brow entertainment, isn't all that low-brow himself.
Oct 26, 2016 12:23 PM

Oct 2015
Dang, I can't believe I'm on this site.
Oct 26, 2016 1:16 PM
Feb 2016
DejWo said:
Who actually genuinely gives a fuck.

Tell that to the 202 comments above you. ;)
Oct 26, 2016 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
Shoegum said:
DejWo said:
Who actually genuinely gives a fuck.

Tell that to the 202 comments above you. ;)

He's got you there sadly XD

I watch Anime Man and Akidearest so this is how i found out about the whole thing. I don't watch Pewdie's stuff, just ain't my thing, and personally i find his content rather repetitive.
But i'll admit if those are some of his faves when it comes to anime, he's got pretty good taste......
Then again i can quite happily go from reading Berserk to watching To Love Ru so just because someone says they like 'insert name of amazing show here' doesn't mean they don't like to watch some utter crap too XD
Oct 26, 2016 2:50 PM
Oct 2016
Elitists are cancer so yes he is.

___
Oct 26, 2016 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
Don't know if I've said anything on this topic yet, but...

Does it really bloody matter? If anything, I'm glad that he showed off some of his favorites, because they are shows that the majority of his fanbase aren't likely to be aware of. He even introduced me to shows that weren't even remotely on my radar.
If he could share his experience and better the experience of others, then isn't this a good thing?

All of this debate would be pointless had it ben something akin to a Musical/Acting star or mid-level politician come out and said these. But because Pewdiepie is part of a rare breed of youtubers who not only make money through youtube, and doesn't earn money with a 'real job', everything comes under scrutiny, regardless of if it needs to be scrutinized or not.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 26, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
That's cool, that's a lot of pretty damn cool shows. Hope some of his subscribers watch the shows themselves.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 26, 2016 3:36 PM
Feb 2016
InsaneLeader13 said:

All of this debate would be pointless had it ben something akin to a Musical/Acting star or mid-level politician come out and said these.

Lolye, becuz Michael Gove is gonna make a press conference talking about his favrite animus. :))))

Pewdiepie is spreading elitist propaganda to millions of people and he has more influence than any politician ever could. He has indoctrinated the 12 year olds to the ways of Masaaki Yuasa and pretentious cyberpunk. Elitism must be stopped! >:((((
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - 43 minutes ago

7 by Serafos »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 8 hours ago

33 by SparksOfSerenity »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

134 by Fluffygreygrass »»
19 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

94 by Lawgun »»
40 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

215 by LostSpectre »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.