Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense.

First time I've seen Claris struggle so much. Seriously though, she does need help and I think she's lucky to have met Matoi. Their adversary looked a bit creepy though imo.

Matori's skills improved much more than I had anticipated.
Oct 25, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
At least Matoi can talk and learn some technique from another "exorcist" girl, and for Clarus to have someone to talk with beside her own partner.
And whoa, look at how Matoi use her power. Thumbs up, Matoi.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 25, 2016 10:09 AM

May 2012
Geez Matoi. She's so op and she doesn't even know it.

Guess they'll get buddy-buddy with Claris from now on.

Wonder when Yuma's gonna get awakened or get her powers like in the opening.

Oct 25, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2015
More information regarding their powers, and some more background story. Intense episode as well. I loved it.

Oct 25, 2016 1:30 PM
Sep 2015
Kind magical girls always die 😢😢
Flors reminded me of Mami Tomoe and her kindness backfired at her.
I surely don't like the mixture of Christianity and Buddhism in this series, it's so lame
Oct 25, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
So the enemy was defeated and they made friends or at least it appears that way.
Clarice has some issues so they probably still need to solve some things, it also appears that Matoi is very powerful despite not realising it.
Oct 25, 2016 5:21 PM

Dec 2014
Very underappreciated series in my opinion. The characters are very well written, the plot is engaging, and visually its surprisingly good, if iffy at points.

Also, is it just me, or does the blonde haired girl look like she's from Schwarzesmarken? That show also had a blonde haired main lead IIRC and for some reason I kept connecting the two this episode even though Claris (I think that's the blonde girl from this show's name) was there from episode 1.
Oct 25, 2016 6:40 PM

Jun 2013
Burger-Meister said:
Very underappreciated series in my opinion. The characters are very well written, the plot is engaging, and visually its surprisingly good, if iffy at points.

Also, is it just me, or does the blonde haired girl look like she's from Schwarzesmarken? That show also had a blonde haired main lead IIRC and for some reason I kept connecting the two this episode even though Claris (I think that's the blonde girl from this show's name) was there from episode 1.

I agree that its very underrated, people were expecting another ReZero and when they didnt get it, hence the low score and popularity.
Oct 25, 2016 8:12 PM

May 2014
Olem said:
Geez Matoi. She's so op and she doesn't even know it.

Guess they'll get buddy-buddy with Claris from now on.

Wonder when Yuma's gonna get awakened or get her powers like in the opening.

I'm thinking its next episode since we get the preview at the end about yuma playing with the fox spirits
Oct 25, 2016 8:44 PM

Apr 2011
the secret behind Matoi thickens!

riPepperonis Flors chan, didn't expect gravity to be used in such a way. Creed Killer's ultima
wasn't enough though and he dissipated preeetty faaast. He mentioned another person "Set"(?) who may be controlling the scenes from the shadows.

deeper into NightS, I wouldn't be surprised if they act the way they currently do because of a higher being (or ruler) threatening them. there's emphasis on trying to "communicate", NightS probably know better

preview seems to show yuma's ojisan(?) stumblini upon Yuma having mystery supernatural powers and mistakened it a possession. Which results in trying to exorcise the higher being but only managing to seal Yuma's abilities. my take on that matter. looks to be a bonding episode
Oct 25, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2015
Isn't it useful to live in an animist country ^^

3/5 So Yuma powers will come from another typical japanese being like tanuki or kitsune?

JOELbedulla said:
I surely don't like the mixture of Christianity and Buddhism in this series, it's so lame

You mean shintoism, right?
Oct 25, 2016 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Matoi has improved some of her skills.
Oct 25, 2016 11:23 PM

Jun 2013
So we get some background for Clarus and her reason for wanting to kill the Creed Killer. And she gets her revenge with slight help from Matoi (she acted as bait only). And Clarus has opened up a bit to Matoi even though she told herself that she wouldn't get close to anyone else again as to not get the same feeling she got upon losing Flors.

The problem here is that we're four episodes in and I don't see where this is headed yet. Will this be focusing only on Matoi and her development? Will this be about the Nights and whatever even though neither us nor the characters know anything about them? Will this have something to do with those regalia only? They haven't yet made their direction clear and we're supposedly going into an SoL episode next week. They have introduced things but nothing is feeling intriguing at all. I mean, even Flip Flappers is more clear than this for how crazy and random it looks. And this show isn't giving me vibes that something big will happen later on or something either. The anime's not coming off as mysterious or something. Really poor presentation of everything here. There really isn't anything holding me down over here.
Oct 25, 2016 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
Got more a backstory on Claris and poor Flors, she's a potato now. What are the chances of her somehow reviving. Claris finally smiles though I would've hold off on that for a while.

That final scene against the Creed Killer was wonderful and very colorful though his defeat left a lot to be desired. Looks like Matoi is more of a defensive Creed rather than an offense base one like Claris which is a nice change of pace. Usually the series lead is an offensive juggernaut.

3/5- Not a great series but definitely not bad one either. I'm liking what I'm watching and had no desire to drop this like so many I've dropped thus far. Really like the art and soundtrack. Yuma is fun to watch. Claris is cool. Matoi is okay and wasn't naked for once. Haruka's cleavage was on point.

Oct 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Oct 2016
best episode so far that I was shock that im amazed about this show .. well it's good that we learn about clarus ,specially her past .. but damn that matoi's myriads of Gods is so goddamn cool.. Matoi is OP but can't wait to see yuma in action :v
Oct 26, 2016 4:51 AM
Sep 2015
JOELbedulla said:

You mean shintoism, right?[/quote]

Oh, I'm so sorry for getting that wrong. I thought Shintoism was like another version of Buddhism. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not that familiar with those religions
Oct 26, 2016 4:53 AM

May 2013
Still bad.
They should explained how this happen what that light why bad guy attacked them.
and the girl in black is classic typical emo girl that you can found on every work. the green mahou shoujo is too stupid talk to villain.
Oct 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2013
A very good and exciting episode!
Such a shame that it has such a low score.
Oct 26, 2016 8:15 AM
May 2016
Some revelations revealed. Well that makes sense why Clarus pushing herself so hard.
Yuma taking the situation lightly, she even sleep on that dimension, lol xD
So Matoi was OP, her power to call or gather other Gods.
Oct 26, 2016 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
well that was intense still i don't really follow what the hell is going on
Oct 26, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
Ok episode. The fight was pretty boring. It was nice to know why Clarus was pushing herself to fight. But this episode didn't explain why the Anti-Creed was targeting Matoi. Her powers are cool at least.
Oct 26, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2015
Man this series is just so... meh. Everything about it feels mediocre or downright bad. I didn't like the fact that the kinda mixed between christian and shinto religion. And the power up...
Well, looks like it headed for a generic route no matter what, but I'll keep with it for now.
Oct 26, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2008
Wow after a string of really mediocre episodes the show is starting to look up a little more. The first episode I really enjoyed thoroughly and I even got some laughs out of it and liked seeing more into Claris and more magical girl action going on. Hope this show can finally gain some good momentum and become good.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 26, 2016 5:29 PM

Jan 2014
I can understand now the depths of Clarus's hatred for Nights. The "death" of her partner still haunts her. Flors Oriens, was so naive to believe that an enemy like that could be reasoned with, and she paid for her mistake with a brutal attack by the Creed Killer who opened up a gravitational field inside her body, crushing all of her internal organs and causing irreparable brain damage, right before Clarus's eyes. It was very satisfying to see the Creed Killer destroyed though I expected him to hang around for a few more episodes as he seemed pretty powerful. Matoi is a powerhouse in her own right. It looks like next episode Yuma awakens to her power.
Oct 26, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2015
from 4chan stalker thread

>*11,770位/*12,089位 ◎ (***,*61 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/01/27 Soushin Shoujo Matoi

it's really underappreciated.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 27, 2016 3:34 AM
Feb 2013
I don't know what it's about this show that keeps me excited every week, but one thing I'm sure the girls are cute here :D
Not dropping this show anytime soon.
Oct 27, 2016 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
well the fighting was good... I still want to know why Matoi is so strong... Does it have to do with her mother
Oct 27, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
ibraheem234 said:
well the fighting was good... I still want to know why Matoi is so strong... Does it have to do with her mother

it could potentially be because the "deity" that grants Matoi powers is simply a higher being than what most know of. in the episode, Creed Killer himself was surprised that Matoi had escaped to a higher dimension even though they were already in a Gate of Caelum. During his death, he also mentioned that whoever ordered him gave him an incredible tough task without telling him it was _that difficult_

it most likely _does_ have something to do with her mother, since Matoi gains her appearance after transformation. also Matoi actually has her "spirit thing" embedded into her while Claris carries a suitcase and a bracelet to enter Divine Union.
Oct 28, 2016 3:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Overall that was a pretty good episode
Its nice how they managed to show both Clarus's backstory and past with Matoi's current plight in the present.

Its interesting that Clarus's ex partner was similar to Matoi
in that she always strives to stop pointless fighting via negotiation
her fate though was pretty sad

Matoi's powers though have grown and though she still needs to learn to control it it looks like she is starting to. Plus she understands whats going on now thanks to Clarus.
its nice to see Clarus and Matoi finally getting along though
using Clarus to explain to us and Matoi how this world works was a good move

The scene when Matoi suddenly sprouted wings though was funny but timely

Seems like Matoi finally has a reason to fight
all heroes need that after all
just because they have powers doesn't mean that they have to use them

Glad that Clarus was able to finally defeat the evil joker and get revenge for
Flors. Hope we get to see Clarus, Matoi and Yuma work together from now on

Combat scenes in this episode was as good as always
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
I find it disturbingly annoying on how Yuma is capable of maintaining her calmness, composure despite all those danger without being insane for a moment!
Creen Killer is fodderized by Claris with the help of Matoi...and Matoi seems to be getting stronger.
Why is it we don't have naked Matoi from post transformation.
Claris grudge and anger against the evil spirits is fueled because of not being able to protect Flors. Her former partner, that's why she doesn't want to have any more partners in-order to prevent that situation from happening again.
4/5.

Oct 29, 2016 12:57 AM

Dec 2009
This show is definitely enjoyable, though i wonder why it's got a rating as low as it does...

Rei366 said:
JOELbedulla said:
You mean shintoism, right?
Depends, there's a lot of blurry lines between shinto and buddhism, that said buddhism in japan is modernistic chinese buddhism, not original buddhism.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 29, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
@GenesisAria I see. I thought shintoism was an animist cult anterior to the buddhism importation.

GenesisAria said:
This show is definitely enjoyable, though i wonder why it's got a rating as low as it does...

As enjoyable and well presented as it is, it doesn't stand out among other "fine" series.
+ I think high notes from the majority here tend to be given only when there is a "striking" element. (sorry, if I am not clear enough)

edit: checked, the show stands at 6.42, halfway between "fine" and "good". That's quite good. Sure, it is definitely not impressive for a first original project but this is a nice first step.
Rei_IIIOct 29, 2016 1:29 AM
Oct 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Nov 2012
well this episode was okay i guess. it's nice that matoi and clarus are getting closer at least.
Oct 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
This show is so good, such a shame no one cares about it ;_; .
:3
Oct 29, 2016 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. So Clarus had another partner, Flors, but she was killed by the Creed Killer ... no wonder she wanted revenge. I'm surprised they managed to defeat him this episode, I thought he was going to be the main bad guy at the end :O Well anyway, Matoi's power to bring all the gods together was pretty cool. I liked the music then as well :D It looks like she's got some information about the whole situation now at least. I'm guessing Clarus is gonna get roped into becoming friends with all of them lol :P
Oct 29, 2016 12:10 PM

Dec 2009
Rei366 said:
GenesisAria said:
As enjoyable and well presented as it is, it doesn't stand out among other "fine" series.
+ I think high notes from the majority here tend to be given only when there is a "striking" element. (sorry, if I am not clear enough)

edit: checked, the show stands at 6.42, halfway between "fine" and "good". That's quite good. Sure, it is definitely not impressive for a first original project but this is a nice first step.
Everyone wants something that jumps out and amazes them, even though those series that jump out wouldn't be possible without the many other series. A good anime watcher isn't so skeptical and knows how to appreciate more kinds of things than just that one show that you hope one day will tickle you the right way - which probably won't happen by the way.

People spend a lot of time, effort, and love into making a story or an anime, and then a bunch of hooligans come along and think they have a privilege to judge everything in such a dry lifeless mechanical light, with no regards to it's creation. People aren't going to be moved unless they allow themselves to be moved, or that improbable case when something forces movement in them. Just the difference between someone who enjoys anime and someone who watches anime to find something they enjoy. The latter is a waste of time and energy if you ask me, a wild goose chase.

Oct 29, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2015
@GenesisAria Exactly. The rare things can be fully appreciated only if you know the more common ones. (knowing a bit of history in the domain can also help)

If by observing "in a dry lifeless mechanical light", you mean looking at details, those details are often signs of the love poured by the creators in their work.

PS: I think I have no such problem because I was vaccinated. ^^ (+ usually nothing "moves" me, I simply figure out what the character/audience should feel based on experience)

PPS: "wild good chase" = lost cause? (funny expression¨)
Oct 29, 2016 2:50 PM

Dec 2009
Rei366 said:
If by observing "in a dry lifeless mechanical light", you mean looking at details, those details are often signs of the love poured by the creators in their work.
I mean addressing the elements rather than the whole. They always bitch about whether something is well written or whether a character is likable etc.

All things have merits, and all plot-holes can be filled by imaginative hypotheses, no need to bitch about it lol.

Oct 29, 2016 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
alpha_shadow said:

It kinda breaks my heart seeing some stuff each new season just get shoved to the side or don't get recognized at all, it's to be expected but still ;_;
Oct 29, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
So the Creed Killer was sent after Matoi by Set? Is this the same Set that is the Egyptian god of violence and disorder? It would be super cool if they started bringing in gods from other mythologies on top of Christianity and Shintoism. There's no reason why the whole pantheons of various world religions can't represent the population of the higher dimensions...

Tenth said:
alpha_shadow said:

It kinda breaks my heart seeing some stuff each new season just get shoved to the side or don't get recognized at all, it's to be expected but still ;_;

I took some time to try and get Flip Flappers noticed and/or promoted by some anime pages on Facebook. It was another criminally underwatched original show this season. It still is, but a little less so now.
Oct 29, 2016 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
@PaleBlue Oh, excellent, I hope so. I didn't even think about this because the subtitles said "Set" rather than "Seth".

@GenesisAria Ahah, the "likable character" is certainly what I hate above everything else. It is entirely based on the idea that any story expects you to root for the character(s), wich is not true (or else the power and possibilities of fictions would be rather limited). It's like people can't consider the characters as what they are (fictional roles in a fictional story) but have to judge their personality like they would judge a real person (before deciding they either want to become friends or whatever). They don't want to check if the character has a valid reason to be inside its story and what it brings to it.When you see that in every opinion about any animation (rarely noticed it in manga reviews), you can not imagine that the Death Note anime is so high ranked on this site.
Plothole is also a thing I NEVER heard about before I start to read things on MAL (when I was 28!). For me, the only noticeable problems in a story's construction are when something goes against the established rules, when it keeps contradicting itself. Not everything an author didn't write has vocation to exist, or it would (usually, I know there are errors sometimes) "Plotholes people" should vaccinate themselves by reading short stories (or if I have to limit to video medium: original standalone OVAs).

@Tenth It is not another adaptation ? It won't be talked about. We are not in the late 90s/early 2000s anymore.
Rei_IIIOct 29, 2016 11:49 PM
Oct 29, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
@Rei366 the creation of an anime belongs to a different artist and different team that animates it, it's not made just for 'you' lol. What i have to say to those people: "you don't like it, write something better!" (As i myself am already doing, creating something that nobody has accomplished before.) If they realize they can't do it, then that's their problem and maybe they shouldn't be so picky. I first heard about plot holes from film criticism.

The big problem with "likable characters" or "annoying characters" is one with people's automatic mental correlations with people they believe are similar to irl. They see A, they think A.

Oct 30, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2015
Liked the episode unlike other 3. Finally got info about Nights and God and stuff, cleared confusion I had before.I wonder If Matoi would be able to reason with Nights in the end.
Dec 5, 2016 5:58 PM

Mar 2010
well the highpitch voice totally reminds me of yamato... Well shes naive like her.. >.> rip flors but im glad creed killer is now dead
StardewDec 5, 2016 6:06 PM
Dec 17, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2009
So she lost her previous partner to Creed Killer
Mar 21, 2017 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
I feel sorry for Claris. She became the way she is, because her former partner was utterly stupid.

So, Matoi can create these gates at will, teleport them to (temporal) safety and higher dimensions. And that without LSD. Nice.

It's nice to see, that Claris acted more friendly this time and explained things to Matoi.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 19, 2021 4:20 AM

Mar 2013
Glad we finally see a closure for Claris' past. Revenge is achieved and new friendship are born, I hope.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

47 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 5:27 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

26 by RukakoisBestGirl »»
Oct 30, 2020 10:14 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

34 by TheBigGuy »»
Mar 23, 2017 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.