Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2016 7:15 AM

Dec 2015
So I found a newspaper article about a convention about an hour ago. After reading through it was clear that the author liked going to the con but he couldn't resist making his article satirical, calling cosplayers 'freaks' and stuff like that. I wish I could post the article here because you really need to read it flr yourself but it's not in English, and translating would take too much time because of the length.

I didn't like the article because it wasn't my sense of humor, which is actually my only criticism, but when reading the comment section the only thing you could find were hate comments. Are cosplayers really that easily triggered?
Oct 25, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
Newsflash: People get offended if you insult them.
You should change this topic to "How easy is it to trigger anybody on the internet".
Oct 26, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2016
Meh haters gonna hate. I've been called "freak", and "weirdo" all my life, I don't think now is the time to dwell on it ...
Oct 26, 2016 6:33 AM

Dec 2015
Otaku-Gunso said:
Meh haters gonna hate. I've been called "freak", and "weirdo" all my life, I don't think now is the time to dwell on it ...

The thing is even the con wasn't happy with the article. Don't know how much they were influenced by all those hate comments but normally they don't react about things like this.
Oct 26, 2016 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
I never understood where this idea on the internet came from that nobody can be offended regardless what people say or "U mad" like its an instant loss. In real life you have a right to get pissed if someone comes up and insults you, your friends, people you know or your family but if you don't just take it online you lose? makes no sense.

Its like 'you better let that person be an asshole and just take it otherwise you're a loser' last a checked standing down and being a coward/just taking it is what everyone calls a loser irl.

Now not engaging an idiot or troll makes sense, theres no gain but someone like this just been a professional asshole for no reason, for clicks. Yeah people should call them out for it. Same with any publication nobody is beyond counter criticism.
Oct 26, 2016 7:34 AM

May 2015
I know a cosplayer here who constantly complains people like her and find her pretty.

So yeah, just show them attention. They'll get offended. They made the cosplay for THEMSELVES.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 26, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2015
Make them dress as any Kill la Kill, or Little Witch Academia character.
Oct 26, 2016 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
"Author liked going to the con"...."Calling "cosplayers" freaks and stuff like that"

Someone's in denial...
Oct 26, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
It's super easy dude just go up to a sexy 10/10 cosplayer be like you look like Gloria the Hippo

Oct 26, 2016 7:35 PM

Sep 2007
Literally the worst cosplay I've ever seen.

Oct 27, 2016 4:45 AM

Jun 2016
holysauron said:
Otaku-Gunso said:

The thing is even the con wasn't happy with the article. Don't know how much they were influenced by all those hate comments but normally they don't react about things like this.

That's pretty intense. I guess different people have different feelings on it.
Oct 27, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
Be skinny and cosplay as Rose Quartz from Steven Universe. You will be crucified.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 27, 2016 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
CatSoul said:
Be skinny and cosplay as Rose Quartz from Steven Universe. You will be crucified.

You could time their survive in seconds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JAPAN?

BaronLukis - Yesterday

17 by PoruMairu »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 4 hours ago

8 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

23 by DesuMaiden »»
12 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

51 by Fleeting_Dream »»
14 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

14 by JKKH »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.