Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
What did you think of the opening episode of this season?

I think WD has been garbage for years a soap opera that borders on cheese but this episode was totally different like they overhauled the writing team. Its so much better so intense this whole episode was sweaty palms. If they keep this new format up im totally on board. If It goes right back to filler soap opera through I could care less.

Those scenes were some of the most brutal Ive seen on TV I applaud them for pulling no punches and not toning it down for TV sake or playing it safe like they usually do.
Oct 24, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2016
The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows on television. But, I agree with you. It has been treading that soap opera territory. They've definitely made some strange decisions as far as writing goes. I still don't know what the whole point of that Police Arc was.

This seasons premiere was definitely a good one. I wish most of the episodes were like this.
Oct 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Oct 2013
Punk bitches are actually complaining about this episode having too much gore...like WTF!? MORE GORE NEEDED!

The dumb ass drive Negan and Rick went on was pointless and only served to fit the running time. It was such a huge opportunity to do the thing I been wanting to see for a while . The governor did it in the comics but never happened in the TV show so I figured that this was it but noooooo. They should have
dude and give Rick the hook n shit. Make Negan the threat he was supposed to be.

I didn't find Negan as intimidating as he was in the comic book, Jeffery was good but its not exactly 100% Negan I'm witnessing and that's a disappointment for me.

I expected the death of a few people and Abraham was one of em but 2!? naw m8, did not see that, good way to keep us comic readers on our toes. Glen was so sudden and it was all Daryls fault for letting his emotions get to him.

I was kinda hoping they would cut Carls arm off but nah, they didn't, I guess maybe its foreshadowing for another event?

It was a decent premiere though and i'm glad Walking Dead is back coz there's a lack of good shows to watch these days when it comes to anything non-comedy.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Oct 24, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2016
daAmazinFatB0y said:
Punk bitches are actually complaining about this episode having too much gore...like WTF!? MORE GORE NEEDED!

The dumb ass drive Negan and Rick went on was pointless and only served to fit the running time. It was such a huge opportunity to do the thing I been wanting to see for a while . The governor did it in the comics but never happened in the TV show so I figured that this was it but noooooo. They should have
dude and give Rick the hook n shit. Make Negan the threat he was supposed to be.

I didn't find Negan as intimidating as he was in the comic book, Jeffery was good but its not exactly 100% Negan I'm witnessing and that's a disappointment for me.

Yes, this. I didn't find the episode as shocking as I anticipated. The "find my axe" joyride was such a buzzkill to me. I get what they were trying to do with it but I felt like it just ruined the flow of the episode.

I'm glad they killed off who they did though, it's at least in keeping with the comic.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Oct 24, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Was there any need to go so over the top like that? There wasn't. Its obvious the writers think they are completely incapable of engaging the emotions of viewers so they need to go to the extreme they went. Mere shock value and ruined what should have been a powerful moment.
Oct 24, 2016 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
Soul-Master said:
Was there any need to go so over the top like that? There wasn't. Its obvious the writers think they are completely incapable of engaging the emotions of viewers so they need to go to the extreme they went. Mere shock value and ruined what should have been a powerful moment.

For once I think shock value was a powerful moment. Its not so much over the top as too realistic its in fact not over the top at all but right on with realism and thats what makes it so horrific and impactful. OTT comes off cartoony it helps viewers remove themselves from the situation, enter fiction. Keeping it brutally real makes it a powerful moment rather than just shock value. It sets the tone and seriousness of the situation. To the characters and viewer. It would have been easy to cut away, done some artistic cover up but it wouldn't have left any impact with the viewer.

I was zoned out for an hour after watching it just lingering on the powerful scene. Now thats a good impact on the viewer, in the most awful negative way but its like walking dead is finally trying to be serious and grow up. Before it was practically a cartoon with people running around like its a theme park popping head head shots like its nothing. Here two deaths had a million times more impact than a million walker kills or any kills that came before because it had weight, hell it took up the entire episode.

It was so effective I have no desire to see that episode again and yet im still praising it.
Oct 24, 2016 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
They killed Glenn?

I drop the fucking show.

Bitch ass mother fuckers kill of Dale, T-Dog and now Glenn?

Literally destroying the quality of the series.
Oct 25, 2016 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
Did it actually bacame good?

The drama and shit was not a bother for me at least through the season I've seen (Can't remember how many was there), tho I almost quit after it turned out that the guy only 'knew things' I almost thought something interesting is finally going on, if they had to make it so there is no cure could they at least try better? (oh, The moment I actually quit was the hospital part) Well that was off topic my point is the thing that annoys me is this:

1)They find another safe haven.
2)They realise it is not safe and not a haven.
3)They escape it.
4)Repeat the first three steps.

kinda bores me tbh.

I get that this is quite important as this is a survival show and that it is not about finding any cure or anything but fuck...
Oct 25, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
So I watched the episode, this is fucking hilarious.

1. Negan literally says "If anyone moves, scoop the boy's (Carol) eye out and feed it to his father." But when Daryl makes a move on him, he proceeds to beat Glenn instead (fucking really?)

2. Fucking redneck got the only Korean hope in Murica killed

3. Negan is hilarious shit.

TWD should just become a comedy show at this point.
Oct 25, 2016 8:23 AM
Dec 2011
I too like watching unlikable characters walk around achieving nothing every week.
Oct 25, 2016 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/10/25/walking-dead-so-gory-campaigners-have-demanded-a-new-rating-for/

OMFG!!!!! YOU PUSSIES!!!!

(Legit source btw coz its a newspaper here in the uk)
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Oct 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2015

This makes me laugh, it aired at 2 in the bloody morning so whiny kids shouldn't be watching it.

Anyway, it's a Zombie Apocalypse, what do people expect? It ain't fluffy kittens and puppies. Unless they're dead.

Oct 25, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2013
I stopped watching this at season 4 or 5 I think and yesterday people wouldnt shut up about it, so I decided to check it up and see What happened, expecting a new interesting plot twist or something that maybe made the story go forward and just maybe make me watch it again. And I found out that all the fuss was because a character dies....

Wow a character dying? In TWD wow wow so new I never would expect That wow and people "best episode ever" and Im like idk, I found sad that a show has to rely on killingg characters just to make the story "interesting" which it doesnt make it, but whatever they can call the show Akame Ga Kill at this point, I dont see any difference

Oct 25, 2016 12:49 PM
Aug 2015
Yeah the comic was better in my opinion I actually thought it was pointless to kill off two characters they should've just killed Glenn like they did in the comic. Honestly I was kind of hoping they killed Daryl lol but yeah this episode seemed kind of pointless to be honest. I mean the death scene wasn't even all that surprising they could've showed it in season 6. I'm actually kind of dissapointed as a comic fan but hey atleast some people are enjoying it.
Oct 26, 2016 3:19 PM

Feb 2015
The way they split what should have been one episode into two, made us wait six months, padded most of the runtime with filler, and didn't even show us the character(s)'s demise except through a flashback some 15 mins or so into the premiere all really made the experience mediocre and disappointing.
Oct 26, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2016
daAmazinFatB0y said:

I expected the death of a few people and Abraham was one of em but 2!? naw m8, did not see that, good way to keep us comic readers on our toes. Glen was so sudden and it was all Daryls fault for letting his emotions get to him.

I was kinda hoping they would cut Carls arm off but nah, they didn't, I guess maybe its foreshadowing for another event?

It was a decent premiere though and i'm glad Walking Dead is back coz there's a lack of good shows to watch these days when it comes to anything non-comedy.

I remember reading something to the effect of not cutting off Ricks hand because it would be too difficult for him to work with.
Oct 26, 2016 10:20 PM

Jun 2016
I thought it was ok, I hated all the flashbacks... It wasn't anything special, hopefully the next episodes are better.
Oct 27, 2016 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
GhostsNGlory said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

I remember reading something to the effect of not
because it would be too difficult for him to work with.

Add spoilers dude. It may happen you know! I hope it happens though coz I don't see how it would be hard, takes some practice yeah but it is doable.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba

More topics from this board

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Yesterday

10 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7599 by juanlqr »»
9 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Today

2 by DollzchanAi »»
12 hours ago

» Where do you stream music?

Cammell - Feb 17

30 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 3:17 PM

» New Golden Axe animated series announced by Comedy Central

tchitchouan - Yesterday

4 by Adnash »»
Yesterday, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.