Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2016 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
Im intersted in what people think about hair colors in anime... What they mean... Ill start by saying that Black and brown are usually universal, and dont have somehing specific
Blonde: usually european american, sometimes represents wealthy character
Red: females are usually quite tsunderes, very aggressive and easily provoked, while males usually have a calm nature
Blue: sometimes energetic, sometimes a kuudere, uncommonly serious
Green: more of a fighter, i usually see green haired characters masters of fighting skills, whether its magic, martial arts, etc
Pink: represents a calm fluffy nature, most cases they are cute and fluffy, ehile a small percentage being tsunderes
Silver/white: more like half half. Half being a serious calm, and a formidable foe, the other half being a kuudere/dandere
Orange: represents an energetic type, sometimes a klitz, only a very few orange haired characters are serious
Purple: the definition of tsundere, purple haired characters are often strong, with a tsundere nature, while a small number maintain normal personallity

Anyways what do you think?
Well dayum
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 24, 2016 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
pink hair = always cutest and bestest wifuu (see: utena, chinatsu, chibii usa, snow fairy sugar, etc)
Oct 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
Pink hair = bitchy
blue hair = best girl material
blonde hair = best girl material too
Oct 24, 2016 5:57 PM

May 2016
Red: 1) Tsundere 2) Hot blooded 3) Dutch
Blonde: 1) Tsundere (extra points if twintails) 2) Delinquent 3) Foreign/part foreign
Pink: Genki/MC
White: 1) Rei Ayanami expy 2) Best boy/girl
Blue: 1) MC/important side character 2) Calm (Blue oni to red)
Purple: Ojou/president/etc
Brown/Black: Normal
These aren't 100% but it is what I thought of for this thread. I also had trouble for colours like orange and green because I can't think of many examples on the spot and their similarities.
TakenMalUsernameOct 24, 2016 6:01 PM
Oct 24, 2016 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
takenMalUsername said:
Blonde: 1) Tsundere (extra points if twintails) 2) Delinquent 3) Foreign/part foreign
These aren't 100% but it is what I thought of for this thread. I also had trouble for colours like orange and green because I can't think of many examples on the spot and their similarities.

I can't think of many for green either but I think it would be for energetic and rather positive characters but I can only remember one so I am not sure but I think it would fit.
Oct 24, 2016 6:22 PM

May 2016
Darek said:
takenMalUsername said:

I can't think of many for green either but I think it would be for energetic and rather positive characters but I can only remember one so I am not sure but I think it would fit.

After a quick rundown of my list, I got 15 with not that many similiarities. I'm halfway between calm/quiet/down to earth, energetic and a mixture of both characters. Calm/more down to earth: Jae-ha, Crusch. Energetic: Kayano, Anchovey. Calm and energetic?: Saki, Reina
Oct 24, 2016 6:49 PM
Jul 2018
takenMalUsername said:
Darek said:

After a quick rundown of my list, I got 15 with not that many similiarities. I'm halfway between calm/quiet/down to earth, energetic and a mixture of both characters. Calm/more down to earth: Jae-ha, Crusch. Energetic: Kayano, Anchovey. Calm and energetic?: Saki, Reina

Okay, so I've made a quick check as well and this characters seem to be way too rare to be able to make any conclusion but here is what I've got.

That scientist girl from shimoneta: calm, down to earth, curious

C.C. (code geass): calm, down to earth (aside from one part but that could be a spoiler)

Marielle (Log horizon): energetic and positive but down to earth when it comes to certain situations.

I've found few more but I cannot remember enough about them.

Well from those three characters the only thing that connects all of them is that they are down to earth and in control of the situation, simply put don't panic easily when put into a stressful situation (unless I cannot remember somethings)

However three characters are far from enough to say anything.

As for how I interpret green colour, I see green as a positive and calm colour that is also full of life and energy just as nature tho it doesn't really fit to any of those characters fully other than marielle.

Also I am not sure if eureka (eureka seven) counts 'cause her hair is rather blue-ish green, turqoise kinda-ish but if it does than she is calm and down to earth like the characters above.
Oct 24, 2016 7:01 PM

May 2015
Red: Passionate, Aggressive
Blue: Calm, Shy
White: Quiet, Pessimistic.
Black: Elegant, Serious
Brown: Generic
Green: Optomistic, Jolly
Blonde: Annoying, Haughty
Purple: Mysterious, Clever
Pink: Nice, Friendly

That being said, what happens when a character has multiple hair colors?
Oct 24, 2016 7:03 PM

Feb 2010
If they have hair that isn't brown or black they are automatically a main character or side character but definitely not just a background character.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 24, 2016 7:04 PM

Jul 2013
Basically, if you have any color other than brown, black, blonde you're a faggot.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 24, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2015
Okay... sometimes I truly envy the perseverance and meticulous attention to detail that other people could have.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Oct 24, 2016 7:36 PM

Aug 2015
blonde = best girl material
everything else = pleb tier shit
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 24, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2008
I don't think about it. It's all shit. I don't like colored hair. Or Japanese characters with blond hair. It's a lazy way to distinguish the characters when you can't animate unique faces.

Oct 24, 2016 9:33 PM

Feb 2015
how can we make these constructs of vaguely human form more identifiable.
Oct 24, 2016 9:40 PM

Feb 2015
They mean nothing... I'm more curious about different eye colour though.
Oct 25, 2016 2:51 AM

Apr 2010
Thread locked

This is a duplicate thread and a simple listing thread which is not allowed by the board rules.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 11 hours ago

20 by APolygons2 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 2 minutes ago

0 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 8 hours ago

21 by LightWorker »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

157 by nishant0 »»
7 minutes ago

» Buying multiple copies?

Otakupervert890 - Apr 21

13 by MeguSae38 »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.