Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Hanazamurai no Sahara Chapter 4 Discussion

Oct 24, 2016 8:32 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Uh so that was it huh? A final climatic battle with the world of hope...

Honestly, I wish this series would of lasted longer. I had a potential.

Oct 24, 2016 11:07 AM

I was sure last chapter he would end up dying and there were a lot of flags in this chapter as well but he didn't. I think I'd have preferred if he did. Seems fitting for a series built around plant life. Anyway, that was a fun read. Shame it was so short but hopefully it gets an OVA or better yet, a longer serialisation in another Jump magazine. I really like the uniqueness of the flower-based powers and the adventure set in this desolate world. The art was pretty good and the characters were likable as well. Gave me a sort of Rurouni Kenshin feel. Sadly, the climax suffered a lot due to the four-chapter length as the villain was introduced along with Sahara's backstory, which was all resolved in 30 pages making it seem really forced. No helping that, it was four chapters.

6/10 Overall.

Oct 24, 2016 11:36 AM
For such a short series I really enjoyed it. Yes, the final battle seemed to end too quickly (at least for me) and the reasons behind Sahara and Masamune fight were never really obvious, but those just fall as result of the 4 chapter length. Overall it was a good series with nice art and a memorable character.

Oct 24, 2016 12:12 PM
I was really into this series and was interested when a new chapter came out. It was surprising to find the story rushing and i thought that it might be getting cancelled. However, now thanks to Anime News Network we were told that the magazine Jump Giga ( where the Sahara manga was being published ) was getting cancelled with October's issue being the last.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-20/jump-giga-magazine-ends-successor-magazine-revealed/.107872

I really hope that Viz Media finds interest in publishing the full manga.

Oct 25, 2016 7:20 AM

welp unlucky for sahara to be published on a magazine that was planned to be cancelled. still really liked this manga and its concept

Oct 26, 2016 1:55 PM

Too bad this got axed.
I can't give it anymore than a 5/10.

Oct 28, 2016 6:35 PM

I liked it. 9/10 (only issue for me is that he didn't die and become one with the plants to be with his girl)

Nov 21, 2016 11:28 PM
Good manga though it was published bi monthly with too many pages at least it had a proper ending.I wonder if it's adapted for an OVA or maybe a anime movie