Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2016 9:22 PM
May 2015
the anime is crazy and entertaining that 30 min goes by and feel like 5 min went by i find it too be awesome with god cliffhangers for ever ep so far
Oct 24, 2016 9:29 AM
Sep 2015
hmmm, let me think...

No offence but it's probably got to do with the fact it's a Chinese/Japanese adaptation. No exaggeration intended but there are numerous assumptions that have been made about China hating on Japan but chooses to copy their distinct style of animation. Also, Anime based around Chinese web comics aren't most people's cup of tea.

However, I'm hanging in there and seeing this through because I love Vampire and Sci-Fi anime. Believe me I wouldn't have if it was a Chinese Anime with poorly translated english sub - which is quite common.

Oct 24, 2016 12:32 PM
Sep 2016
You shouldn't give credit about what people think.
They will always find something wrong, or good, for x or no reason this anime could be a masterpiece or a random shit.

This time it was a random shit.
Everybody have his own opinion, if you enjoy for x reason, then keep enjoying this regardless how people hate it or not.

Sorry for my bad (shitty) english.
Oct 24, 2016 5:55 PM
Apr 2016
The manhwa/ Chinese webcomic for this anime (Space-Time Prisoner) is really good!! I'm caught up to the latest chapter (Chap 141) and it has lots of potential. The anime doesn't do it justice
Oct 24, 2016 11:21 PM
Nov 2013
Toshizou said:
hmmm, let me think...

No offence but it's probably got to do with the fact it's a Chinese/Japanese adaptation. No exaggeration intended but there are numerous assumptions that have been made about China hating on Japan but chooses to copy their distinct style of animation. Also, Anime based around Chinese web comics aren't most people's cup of tea.

Wait, so some people hate it because of where it came from? Also beeing the noob I am, I've never heard of this issue... Could you explain a bit more about it?
Oct 28, 2016 12:32 AM

Aug 2016
for me, the main problem is animation. the story feels average by the moment, but cant hate it.
:v
Oct 29, 2016 7:30 AM
Aug 2013
To be fair the summary sounded really lolsome, insomnia medicine that turns people into vampires? I was also hesitant in watching because I've been tired of vampires lately.

When I actually tried it though, it wasn't all that bad. Not great but good enough to keep watching.
Oct 29, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
To just name a few the animation is super bad, characters don't act like real people, everything feels cliche, and there's a lack of any real character development despite being almost halfway through.
Oct 29, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2015
its boring, lack of character development, everything is all over the place and also... the animation
Oct 29, 2016 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
A better question would be how could anyone like this........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 30, 2016 5:38 AM

May 2015
The animation put me off. I forced myself to finish the entire first episode just to give it a proper score. And not just the animation, something about it entirely is missing. Like a lot of random ideas put inside a box with no substance whatsoever.

But it's not that I don't understand those people who enjoy watching this. I mean, we all have our own standards. But please don't push your own standards to other people.
Dec 17, 2016 10:25 PM

Feb 2008
Actually after having watched the whole thing, i'm honestly surprised by the score on this anime. Something doesn't add up here. Did people make decisions too quickly?

I can understand there are some flaws that can be pointed out, but that technically goes for most anime in general, so i'm not exactly sure what major flaws this anime has compared to any other.

lieznerf said:
The animation put me off. I forced myself to finish the entire first episode just to give it a proper score..

You scored the entire anime based on 1 episode? Really? And you call that a "proper score?"

See, if I am watching an anime and it doesn't click for me on the first episode, I just don't watch it after that. However, I don't score it because it would quite literally make no sense for me to. When people look at the score of an anime, they assume that score is based on the majority of the anime, not based on a single episode.

Maybe MAL needs to make it so people can score individual episodes to prevent such stupidity.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Dec 18, 2016 2:03 AM

May 2015
brabbit1987 said:
Actually after having watched the whole thing, i'm honestly surprised by the score on this anime. Something doesn't add up here. Did people make decisions too quickly?

I can understand there are some flaws that can be pointed out, but that technically goes for most anime in general, so i'm not exactly sure what major flaws this anime has compared to any other.

lieznerf said:
The animation put me off. I forced myself to finish the entire first episode just to give it a proper score..

You scored the entire anime based on 1 episode? Really? And you call that a "proper score?"

See, if I am watching an anime and it doesn't click for me on the first episode, I just don't watch it after that. However, I don't score it because it would quite literally make no sense for me to. When people look at the score of an anime, they assume that score is based on the majority of the anime, not based on a single episode.

Maybe MAL needs to make it so people can score individual episodes to prevent such stupidity.

Pretty sure you're aware of how we score anime here on MAL. You can see what score I gave in this anime right?

Let me give you a break down of it.

Overall rating: [6.6/10] (See my list, I gave it 7)

Story: [6/10] - Doesn't matter if you try to finish this anime or watched only the first episode. A good anime should be able to entrance and attract viewers by the first episode. Producers knew this well.

Art: [6/10] - You've watched it right? Up until the end. So I know you'll understand why I gave this score.

Sound: [8/10] - Liked it but not something I would listen into everyday.

Characters: [8/10] - I have no issue with the characters. Every one of them can have their own personality and disposition, but they should at least add up.

Enjoyment: [5/10] - If you can't enjoy it at the first episode, what's the point of blindly clinging into it up until the end.
Dec 18, 2016 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
lieznerf said:
brabbit1987 said:

Pretty sure you're aware of how we score anime here on MAL. You can see what score I gave in this anime right?

Story: [6/10] - Doesn't matter if you try to finish this anime or watched only the first episode. A good anime should be able to entrance and attract viewers by the first episode. Producers knew this well.

Art: [6/10] - You've watched it right? Up until the end. So I know you'll understand why I gave this score.

Characters: [8/10] - I have no issue with the characters. Every one of them can have their own personality and disposition, but they should at least add up.

Enjoyment: [5/10] - If you can't enjoy it at the first episode, what's the point of blindly clinging into it up until the end.

Can't even remember your own rating .. .that is how absolute garbage your rating system seems to be. You gave it a 6 ... not a 7.

That is like scoring an entire book on the first chapter. Again, if an anime does not capture my attention by the first episode and I don't watch most of it ... I just don't rate it. That's it. The only time i'm comfortable with rating an anime without seeing the entire thing is if I seen the majority of it and it's unlikely the last few episode are going to change the entire anime.

Your ratings you gave the anime is more of a rating based on episode 1 ... not the anime as a whole.

How can you even rate the story at all if you don't even know what the story is? In fact, the first episode has very little to do with the overall story. It's more of a introduction episode for the main characters and that is it.

How can you rate the art when you know budget is typically allocated to more important scenes? Although I would say the art stayed fairly consistent through out it, but I certainly wouldn't have given it a 6/10 and i'm an artist lmao. Sadly art is typically all opinion. But generally when I rate art I rate it on animation and I can tell you this, if you rate this a 6/10 ... majority of anime must be a 6/10 for you with the exception of a few.

Looking at your list you gave Naruto: Shippuuden a 10. Where the hell is your rating system there? Where did your standards go there? The animation in that show is far worse than this show. Only a select few episode had decent animation, mainly during fight scenes. I do realize it's understandable for long anime to have bad animation due to budget, but it just shows how biased you are. Much of the art in the anime was pretty laughable at times. Guess you attention wasn't all there when watching it.

In fact going through your entire list ... your ratings are so out of wack and inconsistent.

The heck you drop FMA:B for? You only watched the first 6 episodes lmao. You gave it an 8 ... O.o .. so why you drop it? It's so much better than the first one, you just have to actually watch it XD. It gets vastly different compared to the first one, just so you know. It's only those first episodes that are similar.

Moving onto sound ... how can you rate an entire anime sound on 1 episode? For all you know the first episode could have had great sound but not the rest or vice versa.
As for characters, you only got a small glimpse of the characters at the first episode and there is more characters than that.

As for your enjoyment. Just because you didn't like the first episode doesn't mean the whole anime wouldn't have been enjoyable. Hell, one of my favorite anime has a pretty crap and boring start. I learned a long time ago, you can't judge an entire anime based on the first episode. Sometimes not even the first few. Now i'm not saying you should blindly cling onto it, I am just saying you shouldn't rate it if you can't.

The point i'm making here is you CANNOT rate an anime on 1 episode. That is just plain silly. It's dishonest.
Dec 18, 2016 10:21 AM
Apr 2015
brabbit1987 said:
lieznerf said:

Can't even remember your own rating .. .that is how absolute garbage your rating system seems to be. You gave it a 6 ... not a 7.

That is like scoring an entire book on the first chapter. Again, if an anime does not capture my attention by the first episode and I don't watch most of it ... I just don't rate it. That's it. The only time i'm comfortable with rating an anime without seeing the entire thing is if I seen the majority of it and it's unlikely the last few episode are going to change the entire anime.

Your ratings you gave the anime is more of a rating based on episode 1 ... not the anime as a whole.

How can you even rate the story at all if you don't even know what the story is? In fact, the first episode has very little to do with the overall story. It's more of a introduction episode for the main characters and that is it.

How can you rate the art when you know budget is typically allocated to more important scenes? Although I would say the art stayed fairly consistent through out it, but I certainly wouldn't have given it a 6/10 and i'm an artist lmao. Sadly art is typically all opinion. But generally when I rate art I rate it on animation and I can tell you this, if you rate this a 6/10 ... majority of anime must be a 6/10 for you with the exception of a few.

Looking at your list you gave Naruto: Shippuuden a 10. Where the hell is your rating system there? Where did your standards go there? The animation in that show is far worse than this show. Only a select few episode had decent animation, mainly during fight scenes. I do realize it's understandable for long anime to have bad animation due to budget, but it just shows how biased you are. Much of the art in the anime was pretty laughable at times. Guess you attention wasn't all there when watching it.

In fact going through your entire list ... your ratings are so out of wack and inconsistent.

The heck you drop FMA:B for? You only watched the first 6 episodes lmao. You gave it an 8 ... O.o .. so why you drop it? It's so much better than the first one, you just have to actually watch it XD. It gets vastly different compared to the first one, just so you know. It's only those first episodes that are similar.

Moving onto sound ... how can you rate an entire anime sound on 1 episode? For all you know the first episode could have had great sound but not the rest or vice versa.
As for characters, you only got a small glimpse of the characters at the first episode and there is more characters than that.

As for your enjoyment. Just because you didn't like the first episode doesn't mean the whole anime wouldn't have been enjoyable. Hell, one of my favorite anime has a pretty crap and boring start. I learned a long time ago, you can't judge an entire anime based on the first episode. Sometimes not even the first few. Now i'm not saying you should blindly cling onto it, I am just saying you shouldn't rate it if you can't.

The point i'm making here is you CANNOT rate an anime on 1 episode. That is just plain silly. It's dishonest.

Agree, rating a show based off of a half season, let alone one episode is careless. There have been plenty of shows that Have had poor beginnings that I've either stuck it out or came back to that have turned out to have been enjoyable. This one included. Do everyone a favor and not even rate the show if you didn't even put the time in. I can't understand why but peple do determine wether or not to watch based on its score.
Dec 18, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
This thread has to be the most glorious thing I have ever read
Dec 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2016
One thing first: I watched all 12 episodes. So if you want to read be prepared for spoilers because since the season is finished I won't put everything in spoiler tags here.

I honestly cannot understand how someone would really like this. I maybe can understand something "It was okay to watch", but "Like"? not really.
I gave it 2/10. The two episodes might have been the best ones out of the bunch but then the setting and the story just lost me.

Each episodes I was presented with new, completely random information and I had trouble to even understand what this anime should be about.

Vampires? Society issues with not accepting people outside of norm? "Magical Powers" (aka Hemomancy", a evil power that made them part of a sick escape game? I still have no idea and for most parts I still don't know how some parts were even a bit relevant to the story - how was ist relevant that those people are bloodivores? How was is relevant that we have time travel involved? Why would you even include detectives, trying to solve the mystery, when you give them only around 5 min screentimes in 12 episodes (not sure if this is true, it felt that way?)

These are not questions in anticipation for a second season by the way, I think those questions classify as "things a viewer should not have ask to him/herself if the anime would have been good")

What came on top: None of the characters was likeable for me. Most annoying one were Anji and Yaya (really: Yaya reviving Anji...just don't give me this crap). I couldn't have cared less if someone would have died along the lines. (And Pleaaaaaase, after 11 episodes of not-useful Anji we learn that she has a shadow power and apparently is responsible for killing the victims of the 1/2 episode? Was that supposed to pull the rug under my feet?

And the action scenes were lame as f*ck.
The only memorable scene was when Mi Liu rescued Anji and declined the desperate hand of this b*tch that tried to kill her.

Really it's one of the worst anime I've ever seen :( Only in my opinion of course.

lieznerf said:
Like a lot of random ideas put inside a box with no substance whatsoever.

THIS!
Dec 18, 2016 5:23 PM

May 2015
brabbit1987 said:
lieznerf said:

Funny how you concern yourself so much about me. My way of things and how I rate my animes doesn't even affect your life in any prospect.

What if I gave FMA:B an 8 and drop it 'cause I feel like it? What if I gave Naruto a 10 beacause I want to?

Your standards are not mine to follow. Your pushing your ideas on me like you are the only right person here on MAL.

Hundreds of thousand users here in MAL and you expect them to follow your self proclaimed righteousness. I haven't even met you in person but I can see that you are a very eccentric one.

True that some people watch anime based on the score here. But please do not assume that all people here are as stupid and as easily influenced as that.

You can protest and bleat all you want, but nothing's going to change.
Dec 18, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2008
lieznerf said:
Funny how you concern yourself so much about me. My way of things and how I rate my animes doesn't even affect your life in any prospect.

Does not really need to effect my life in any prospect lol. Disagreeing with how someone does something really doesn't require that.

What if I gave FMA:B an 8 and drop it 'cause I feel like it? What if I gave Naruto a 10 beacause I want to?

Well it's not much of a concern to me whether you do or not. But it does exactly show the inconsistency in your scoring.

Your standards are not mine to follow. Your pushing your ideas on me like you are the only right person here on MAL.

I don't know if i'm pushing my ideas onto you, it's more like I am just explaining to you why I think your way of doing things is silly. I will not even say it's wrong, it's just silly to me. It doesn't make any sense.

Hundreds of thousand users here in MAL and you expect them to follow your self proclaimed righteousness. I haven't even met you in person but I can see that you are a very eccentric one.

LOL .... self proclaimed righteousness? Where did I ever proclaim such a thing may I ask? I mean, you do know what self proclaimed means right? XD Funny.

True that some people watch anime based on the score here. But please do not assume that all people here are as stupid and as easily influenced as that.

Then why rate the anime here in the first place?

That is absolutely acceptable. I still think it's silly though to rate an entire anime based on 1 episode and nothing is going to change that either.
Dec 18, 2016 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
Akiho90 said:

Vampires? Society issues with not accepting people outside of norm? "Magical Powers" (aka Hemomancy", a evil power that made them part of a sick escape game? I still have no idea and for most parts I still don't know how some parts were even a bit relevant to the story - how was ist relevant that those people are bloodivores? How was is relevant that we have time travel involved? Why would you even include detectives, trying to solve the mystery, when you give them only around 5 min screentimes in 12 episodes (not sure if this is true, it felt that way?)

These are not questions in anticipation for a second season by the way, I think those questions classify as "things a viewer should not have ask to him/herself if the anime would have been good")

I think that is a matter of perspective. I don't mind when you need to think about things and piece things together. Having to ask questions doesn't make an anime bad to me in the least bit.

But I do understand how it might not be for some.

What came on top: None of the characters was likeable for me. Most annoying one were Anji and Yaya (really: Yaya reviving Anji...just don't give me this crap). I couldn't have cared less if someone would have died along the lines. (And Pleaaaaaase, after 11 episodes of not-useful Anji we learn that she has a shadow power and apparently is responsible for killing the victims of the 1/2 episode? Was that supposed to pull the rug under my feet?

Well to be fair it was implied, not confirmed that she killed those people. Rather from a story perspective I am going to make a prediction and say that she did not and it was a setup to force them into that situation. That plot was probably set in place more for future conflict than it actually being there to surprise the viewer.

And the action scenes were lame as f*ck.
The only memorable scene was when Mi Liu rescued Anji and declined the desperate hand of this b*tch that tried to kill her.

Ehh, I don't see how the action here is any worse than any other action anime. However, looking at how you score things, I can see why you wouldn't like this anime. Doesn't seem like your cup of tea.

Really it's one of the worst anime I've ever seen :( Only in my opinion of course.

XD Well, I would have to disagree with you there on sooooo many accounts lol. Granted I have seen like over 4x the amount of anime you have. But I have a feeling it has more to do with your lack of interest in this type of anime. After all I see you gave something like Elfen Lied a 3 and Hellsing a 6.

lieznerf said:
Like a lot of random ideas put inside a box with no substance whatsoever.

THIS!

LOL you do realize you just agreed with someone who only watched the first episode and wouldn't even know half of what was even talked about in your comment right?
Dec 18, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2015
brabbit1987 said:
lieznerf said:

Does not really need to effect my life in any prospect lol. Disagreeing with how someone does something really doesn't require that.

Well it's not much of a concern to me whether you do or not. But it does exactly show the inconsistency in your scoring.

I don't know if i'm pushing my ideas onto you, it's more like I am just explaining to you why I think your way of doing things is silly. I will not even say it's wrong, it's just silly to me. It doesn't make any sense.

LOL .... self proclaimed righteousness? Where did I ever proclaim such a thing may I ask? I mean, you do know what self proclaimed means right? XD Funny.

Then why rate the anime here in the first place?

That is absolutely acceptable. I still think it's silly though to rate an entire anime based on 1 episode and nothing is going to change that either.

Yeah so in the end, just live and let live. Do your things your own way. I'll do the same thing.
Dec 18, 2016 10:10 PM
Mar 2012
Spoiler free thought on all 12 eps:
gophercg said:

Pros: mc's smart detective (+ healing & planning attacks), Anji, Yaya. Cool but poorly done Lee Shin fights, some interesting powers, interesting plot details on paper, very nice bgs, nice music.
Cons: shit pacing, terrible animation, some pos characters, bad lines & acting from Yaya etc.

Open plot threads & story doesn't end (sequel implied).
Plot details more interesting and more animated fights than Qualidea code, but similarly bad pacing, derp art. Plot seems less random than Divine Gate but latter has much nicer art/animation.

I rated 3/10 (maybe 4). If you're mainly into mystery/story then it's worth it, or read manga.
Dec 18, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2012
Shame on all you nitpickers that can't enjoy a show...

The plot was interesting and leaves lots of room for expansion. There's so much more yet to be explored potential for this show. This season just scratched the surface.

I marathoned it in one sitting because it was just too damn interesting to stop.

The pacing was just right for me. (although I can see how the constant cliffhangers may piss off weekly viewers)

If they can keep it up for the next season, I'll keep watching.

Also, Yaya is cute ♡

7/10 for enjoyment. That's all that matters to me.
Dec 19, 2016 4:48 AM

Dec 2012
Nyaa said:

The plot was interesting and leaves lots of room for expansion. There's so much more yet to be explored potential for this show. This season just scratched the surface.

Would you mind explaining the plot in detail? Because I watched the entire show and I can't really think of anything to say about it at all

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bloodivores Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

77 by dlmnv »»
Nov 26, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Bloodivores Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

93 by niamh- »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:55 PM

» Chinese manhua into an Anime

KanSamurai - Sep 2, 2016

13 by TheDiabolicEsper »»
Mar 16, 2021 2:48 AM

Poll: » Bloodivores Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

37 by NoviSun »»
Sep 19, 2018 1:58 PM

Poll: » Bloodivores Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

72 by NoviSun »»
Sep 16, 2018 3:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.