Forum Settings
Forums

'Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru' Receives Second Season for 2017

New
Oct 23, 2016 4:17 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

At the tenth anniversary celebration of Minato Soft's Minato Tamashii event on Sunday, a second season of the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero) TV anime was announced. Titled Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou (Yuki Yuna is a Hero: Hero Chapter), the second season is scheduled to air in 2017

The first six episodes will adapt Takahiro and illustrator BUNBUN's prequel light novel Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru (Washio Sumi is a Hero), subtitled Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou (Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero: Washio Sumi Chapter). Limited theatrical screenings of the first half will take place in March 2017 prior to the new season's TV broadcast.

A new set of character songs, serialization of a new novel titled Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru and an upcoming live event were also announced at the event.

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru aired in Fall 2014 for 12 episodes as the fourth installment of a media project called Takahiro IV Project. The anime has been licensed by Ponycan USA and was released in three Blu-ray and DVD volumes between April and August in 2015.

A manga adaptation began running in Dengeki G's Comic in November 2014. The franchise spawned several light novels and spin-offs, which have also been serialized in the same magazine.

Announcement

Source: Official Twitter

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou on MAL
VindstotAug 1, 2020 12:49 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2012
2017 is looking to be an even funner year x_x So much stuff to look forward to

Mar 2012
2017 shape up to be a great year for sequel.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Jul 2011
Oh seriously? I think I'll watch it since it was a decent mahou shoujo show.

Would love if they expanded on the S1 ending, since that was pretty debated in the forums.
Oct 23, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
I already said this on a prior thread on MAL but as a fan of the series (and well has the series in my Top 10 favorites) I am so happy at the results of the second season being announced since its also been 2 god damn years too since it aired (though I watched it I think after it was finished, then again my memory is so god damn shit nowadays with 2 year gaps).

Anyway, as for the Prequel adaptation for this, it is rather weird still for me (since IIRC it is rather short since its 1 volume), it could be done in a OVA series or a movie, but I'm not going to complain all too much through. I do need to re-read Washio Sumi though around sometime soon. Other than that, great news and I'm excited for more news about this further.
Oct 23, 2016 4:55 PM

Jul 2014
Apart from the obvious asspull dues ex machina, I enjoyed season one. 2017 looks to be a good one so far.
Oct 23, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY I'M CRYING
Oct 23, 2016 5:07 PM
May 2013
2017 is turning out to be a sequel year for animes I love. I wonder what's going to be announced next...
Oct 23, 2016 5:09 PM

May 2015
One of my all-time favorites getting a sequel. Omg, I'm so happy.... I never expected this.

2017 is seriously looking so damn promising!

Oct 23, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2014
Makes sense considering how much of a success the first season was in Japan. As far as I know it's the only successful Madoka clone there is, obviously they'd make more of it.
I have no interest in it, though.
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Super great news!

I have been waiting for this

Wonder what would the enemies be

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥

Jan 2014
Really surprised...Dropped after first few episodes and all i knew was that this had a shitty ending...Had the impression that everyone hated this o_O
Oct 23, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
LoneWizard said:
Really surprised...Dropped after first few episodes and all i knew was that this had a shitty ending...Had the impression that everyone hated this o_O

Eh, the ending wasn't that bad for me personally, I was satisfied with it. Most of the reasons why people complained about the ending is because of either deux ex machina or the fact that it went happy xD But eh that's just me.

o.O actually as far as I'm concerned not everyone hated it. Even myself.
Oct 23, 2016 5:36 PM
The Cutest♡

May 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*SCREAMING*
YAYYAYAYYAYAY :D
Oct 23, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2013
the prequel in novel form was enjoyable, so why not. Plus it's supposed to be read together with the first season, so peoples who don't read novels will finally get the informations they didn't had. A bit late, but they'll get it.

Also the ending wasn't bad at all, it was hard to get for peoples that
-were not attentive enough at small details
-didn't read the complement in novel formats.

Hongu said:
Makes sense considering how much of a success the first season was in Japan. As far as I know it's the only successful Madoka clone there is, obviously they'd make more of it.
I have no interest in it, though.

It's not a madoka clone. And most probably pretty much every single anime that you can list as "madoka clone" aren't either.

Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.
ZefyrisOct 23, 2016 5:59 PM
Oct 23, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Zefyris said:
Peoples in the west need to figure out once and for all that Madomagi hardly influenced the magical girl genre in anime. The genre pretty much continued exactly as it was. No matter how good Madoka was, it didn't revolutionize anything in the genre, didn't reall ydo anything that wasn't already done before, so there was nothing to change for the genre itself afterwards.

It's becoming tiring to see so many uninformed peoples thinking that Madoka invented anything or is some kind of messiah in the magical girl genre.

While I agree with most of the post and obviously share the opinion that it is silly to call stuff "Madoka clones", we know for certain that at least Rebellion had a bit of an influence in the show, as Kishi mentioned that originally Tougou was going to have a "fallen" or "darker" side, but after such things became common, they decided against it. (Considering the show was in production from 2012 to 2014 I guess both Homura and Miku from Symphogear fall into what he describes).
Oct 23, 2016 6:40 PM
May 2015
YES!!!!! YES!!!!!! FUCKING YES!!!!

My hopes for this series getting a 2nd Season was slowly dwindling month after month but I just had a fucking heart attack after hearing this news xD. It took them 3 years but I'm happy to hear that one of my favourite series is getting Season 2.
jc9622Oct 23, 2016 6:46 PM

Oct 23, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2015
I didn't exactly like the ending to Yuki Yuna is a Hero, but nevertheless I'm pretty excited about this announcement. :D

The fact that this series is getting a 2nd Season will hopefully clear up some things and a backstory on Washio Sumi sounds great!

Looking forward to it! :)
Oct 23, 2016 6:57 PM

Nov 2013
NICE! I always got a feeling that this would get a second season and now it's real. I just hope the 2nd half plot/story won't be rushed since they make it 6 ep prequel and 6 ep sequel.
Oct 23, 2016 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
While I didn't really enjoy its first season, a sequel or two is welcomed. Hope they'll expand it more since the first season had many premises
Oct 23, 2016 7:25 PM

Aug 2015
LoneWizard said:

Not liking an ending != Shitty anime remember that

Aside from the ending, the remaining episodes are pretty solid though IMO, better character development, amazing visuals with the proper use of CGI and a mix of decent action scenes but whatever floats your boat I guess

As for the ending, who fcking knows, that ending may be explained a bit more in this brand new sequel

OT: Pretty much hype for the prequel woohoo Finally got to see "uninjured" Sonoko form!! Give me the goodies now Gokumi
Oct 23, 2016 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, expected this to happen eventually. Having read the novel not long ago, I'll be interested to see how much they'll adapt for the anime.
Oct 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2012
I'm glad it gets 2nd season, i hope the ending will be better than the 1st season.
Adding new characters is a bonus.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 23, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
Oh nice!
I've looked for the prequel novels to read back when the first season was airing, but couldn't find them. I'll definitely check them out before this new one!
Oct 23, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
Lol. Today's additional season announcements have been quite funny.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 23, 2016 10:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, looks like now i've a reason to watch this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 23, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2015
So much sequel in 2017 yes.
Oct 23, 2016 10:33 PM

Feb 2013
Yeeeees thanks Japan omg sjdjdkd

Oct 23, 2016 10:36 PM
Oct 2016
I'll be waiting for this sequel <3
Oct 23, 2016 10:56 PM
Apr 2016
YES YES. SAY OH YEAH BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2007
Zefyris said:
It's not a madoka clone. And most probably pretty much every single anime that you can list as "madoka clone" aren't either.

I think it's completely fair to call this a Madoka clone, cause it does seem like Madoka did something new. Magical Girl shows are generally made for little girls, and the only ones i can find before Madoka that aren't are parodies and/or pedobait (with one possible exception*). Madoka was the first show that adultified all the magical girl tropes in a dark and serious way, and it did it successfully, and three years later Yuuki Yuuna does exactly the same thing. How can you not call that a clear influence?

But i definitely agree that Madoka didn't change the genre. The only shows i can think of to call clones are Yuuki Yuuna and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (which seemed like hot garbage based on one episode). And i really like Yuuki Yuuna, so so far whatever minute trend Madoka may have spawned is pretty positive.

* There was one show i found that does look like something i would call a magical girl show, and looks pretty serious. That is Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (2004). I don't think i've ever heard of it before. I think i'll give it a watch. It looks interesting.
Oct 24, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2012
nice that i started the first season woohoo
Oct 24, 2016 3:53 AM

Sep 2009
Volbla said:
Zefyris said:

I think it's completely fair to call this a Madoka clone, cause it does seem like Madoka did something new. Magical Girl shows are generally made for little girls, and the only ones i can find before Madoka that aren't are parodies and/or pedobait (with one possible exception*). Madoka was the first show that adultified all the magical girl tropes in a dark and serious way, and it did it successfully, and three years later Yuuki Yuuna does exactly the same thing. How can you not call that a clear influence?

But i definitely agree that Madoka didn't change the genre. The only shows i can think of to call clones are Yuuki Yuuna and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (which seemed like hot garbage based on one episode). And i really like Yuuki Yuuna, so so far whatever minute trend Madoka may have spawned is pretty positive.

* There was one show i found that does look like something i would call a magical girl show, and looks pretty serious. That is Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (2004). I don't think i've ever heard of it before. I think i'll give it a watch. It looks interesting.

While I think that Zefyris is to radical in his statement that "Madoka did not make anything that wasn't made before" where were quite enough dark magical girls shows before it and magical girl shows that oriented for older male audience while not being a "pedobait". It is not so hard to make a list if you research a bit.
Oct 24, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2013
Ah yeah... The weekend was awesome: one mega announcement after the other...xD

I did sooooooo damn it on the continuation waited, because it could not only with a season remain: Because for me did the first season with a open-end ended, where then...xD 2017 will be fucked awesome!!! If Dengeki still fast Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon and Spice & Wolf season 3 before still this year ends announce would, then I'd be unlimited happy for<3!!!!!
Oct 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed the ending, and it left me begging to know what happens next. Really excited for more.
Oct 24, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2007
Makes sense considering the implications in the ending of the show
Oct 24, 2016 5:25 AM
Feb 2016
yes yes yes yes yes XD
Oct 24, 2016 5:35 AM

Mar 2010
hope there will be the same characters
Oct 24, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2014
Wow so many amazing announcements lately...
Oct 24, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
More 2017 anime?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 24, 2016 9:19 AM
Dec 2011
I really enjoyed S1 and It got me interested in checking other stuff from the series such as the Washio Sumi LN which I don't need anymore because It'll be included in the sequel. \(^0^)ノ
Oct 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Sep 2010
I was waiting for this announcement. That ending in Season 1 was screaming for another season.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Oct 24, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2013
i love when sequel come out of nowhere, my level of hype is even better than the No game no life movie WTF ???
Oct 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
How unexpected tbh.
Oct 24, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
2017 keeps getting better and better!
Oct 24, 2016 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
Good, looking forward to this. I enjoying the first season quite a lot.
Oct 25, 2016 12:02 AM
Apr 2016
YATTA Zeeeeeeee !!!!
Oct 25, 2016 1:16 AM

Jun 2015
First was Mekaku City and now the adaptation of WaSuYu. Nice :D

My favorites have been adapted!
Oct 25, 2016 5:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice to see, hopefully I will be able to like this one from the first episode, since I had major problems with S1 first couple of episodes, and then it got immensily better!
It will be interesting to see how they will progress the story on the later half, see if the girls will be able to find a way to fight the real enemies! Giving me the shivers~~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

22 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

1 by seweholmes »»
3 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
6 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Today, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.