Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2016 2:20 PM
Dec 2015
Hey guys,

So I really want to watch a good romance anime and I got White Album 2 recommended to me by multiple friends. I heard from people that it is borderline harem (and I hate harems) so I'm not sure if i should watch it?

I understand there is also a love triangle but does the MC ever choose one? Thanks!
Oct 23, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
Love triangle so only the 2 girls yes he picks someone
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Oct 23, 2016 2:29 PM
Dec 2015
earnshaw30 said:
Love triangle so only the 2 girls yes he picks someone

But wouldn't it be a big problem for the other girl if she finds out ??
Oct 23, 2016 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
I don't want to spoil anything for you, so let me try my best to explain. This show focuses on the romance between characters and the love triangle. There are only two female interests so it's not a "collect them all" harem and doesn't follow the harem tropes of goofy fanservice with unprogressing romance. Not sure how much this helps, but feel free to ask for clarification if there are any more questions.
Oct 23, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
is this the anime that has goddess nana mizuki on it?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 23, 2016 2:33 PM
Dec 2015
CorruptFlame said:
I don't want to spoil anything for you, so let me try my best to explain. This show focuses on the romance between characters and the love triangle. There are only two female interests so it's not a "collect them all" harem and doesn't follow the harem tropes of goofy fanservice with unprogressing romance. Not sure how much this helps, but feel free to ask for clarification if there are any more questions.

Ah okay I see! So how does the MC ever explain why he's in a relationship with two girls? I mean if the other girl found it then it would be gg? I'm fine with minor spoilers so go ahead :P
Oct 23, 2016 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
It isn't a harem. The show is heavily focused on drama, and it does drama and romance really well. If you're looking for a drama heavy romance anime, it is definitely worth checking out.
Oct 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2013
WNNAY said:
Ah okay I see! So how does the MC ever explain why he's in a relationship with two girls? I mean if the other girl found it then it would be gg? I'm fine with minor spoilers so go ahead :P

Yes it goes into the details about why he is with the girls and why the relationships are strange. Its hard to explain why things work out without larger spoilers but the show is way more focused on drama and romance than anything else. I would say give an episode or two a try and that will give you a good idea of what the feeling of the show is because it is pretty consistent throughout.
Oct 23, 2016 2:44 PM
Dec 2015
CorruptFlame said:
WNNAY said:

Yes it goes into the details about why he is with the girls and why the relationships are strange. Its hard to explain why things work out without larger spoilers but the show is way more focused on drama and romance than anything else. I would say give an episode or two a try and that will give you a good idea of what the feeling of the show is because it is pretty consistent throughout.

Sure thing will start it soon! Thanks a lot !
Oct 23, 2016 2:47 PM

Aug 2016
Yea, it can be considered as a one of them<3

~ Life sucks ~
Oct 23, 2016 2:48 PM

Oct 2016
no wtf, it's not a harem. Please watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 2:52 PM
Dec 2015
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:

Just wondering, is the MC trash? I mean he's with two girls so it's not really considered a romance right ?
Oct 23, 2016 2:58 PM
Jun 2015
White album 1 is a harem and White album 2 is a love triangle.
Oct 23, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2016
WNNAY said:
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:

Just wondering, is the MC trash? I mean he's with two girls so it's not really considered a romance right ?

Yeah main character is pretty immoral but unlike School Days' Makoto you spend a lot of time with him pondering the consequences/immorality of his actions before he commits so you get the full emotional experience from his shoes. It's actually a pretty standard romance until it becomes a lover triangle. The whole point of why White Album 2 is good is just how realistic each character's respective actions are and how you can see something like this happening in real life. It basically depicts the breakdown of a friendship purely from the clash of personalities with each character taking individual action to benefit themselves even though they know it damages their friendship in the long run. Just watch it on the basis that it's my third favourite anime of all time please.
IngridOct 23, 2016 3:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 3:18 PM
Dec 2015
Ingr1d said:
WNNAY said:

Yeah main character is pretty immoral but unlike School Days' Makoto you spend a lot of time with him pondering the consequences/immorality of his actions before he commits so you get the full emotional experience from his shoes. It's actually a pretty standard romance until it becomes a lover triangle. The whole point of why White Album 2 is good is just how realistic each character's respective actions are and how you can see something like this happening in real life. It basically depicts the breakdown of a friendship purely from the clash of personalities with each character taking individual action to benefit themselves even though they know it damages their friendship in the long run. Just watch it on the basis that it's my third favourite anime of all time please.

What makes it different from the other romance anime I've seen? You can have a look at my list just to get a picture of what romance genres I enjoy :P
Oct 23, 2016 3:27 PM

Oct 2016
WNNAY said:
Ingr1d said:

What makes it different from the other romance anime I've seen? You can have a look at my list just to get a picture of what romance genres I enjoy :P

Honestly, there's just not really anthing else like it. The other anime you have watched generally have the protagonist and a female character develop romance through their interactions. You don't watch White Album 2 for the romance; that's nothing special. You watch it for the drama, you watch it for the feels, you watch if for wanting redemption for people saying Clannad After Story would make you cry when it didn't. You probably won't find anything remotely close to White Album 2.
Oct 23, 2016 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
Now that I think of it, it's a harem that's not a harem...lol
Oct 23, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2016
It isn't a harem. One of best masterpieces of drama anime made. Would say almost as good as : Your lie in april

Very good anime.....go watch it !! :)
--- esdeath: Panicking leads to an early grave. ---
Oct 23, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2010
It's a love triangle. Good anime btw
Oct 23, 2016 3:57 PM

Feb 2015
Its a good Hentai dude... Watch it... I forgot where the good part is, but it has it... I mean it.
Oct 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Oct 2016
laki3110 said:
It isn't a harem. One of best masterpieces of drama anime made. Would say almost as good as : Your lie in april

Very good anime.....go watch it !! :)

How dare you imply shigatsu is better XD
Oct 23, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
GangsterCat said:
is this the anime that has goddess nana mizuki on it?
Nana was in the first one, which is unrelated to WA2.
Oct 29, 2016 2:30 AM

Jan 2012
WNNAY said:
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:
Ingr1d said:

Yes he is a trash in some way,you can say he is similar to the male MC in School days. Though the Romance and drama of this series overwrites and is one of the best romance series I've seen

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Apr 21, 2019 12:05 AM

Aug 2017
W123 said:
Hey guys,

So I really want to watch a good romance anime and I got White Album 2 recommended to me by multiple friends. I heard from people that it is borderline harem (and I hate harems) so I'm not sure if i should watch it?

I understand there is also a love triangle but does the MC ever choose one? Thanks!

It's not a harem. I wish it were a harem. WA1 was harem.
Mar 30, 2021 4:41 AM

Dec 2019
No, it's a love triangle but its similarity with Oregairu ruined me the series.

Fact: The user above me has shit taste and is haremtard.
Jul 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Feb 2021
Definitely not a harem.

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.