Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay well...this Red Death Mask guy is a serious powerhouse. Literally, he's grabbing a full grown ass man with just one hand. That's not wrestling imo, that's an execution. Nerf please

Felt like the difference in ability is way too big this episode.

The other match between the black Tiger Mask and his opponent also feels rather one sided.

Demon Mask looked like he was trying to kill his opponents. Well at least Yellow Mask was able to fight back a bit so it wasn't a jobber match. That tainted blood mask though. Most intense match so far imo.
Stark700Oct 22, 2016 1:37 PM
Oct 22, 2016 1:45 PM

May 2010
awesome episode but for some reason seing blood in this show bothers me soo much more than in any other anime. it was disgusting at times :D
Oct 22, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2016
Good episode, but one thing I don't get, it seems that in this sport they can litteraly kill there openents, or have there face ruined for the rest of their lifes, and they get away with it? ....
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 22, 2016 2:30 PM
Aug 2016
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
Good episode, but one thing I don't get, it seems that in this sport they can litteraly kill there openents, or have there face ruined for the rest of their lifes, and they get away with it? ....
In the first season the wrestler were all Hitman with the assign to kill Tiger Mask ...I was a very Young Kid when I watched some episodes (I remember a wrestler without facs which head was a steel ball inside and looked meat offside....I remember that Tiger Mask ripped off his head)...My Memory could be weak however

So yes it Can happen
Oct 22, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
I have never felt a chill like I did after watching red death mask he is definitely a threat. the match was so intense I loved it, it literally got my blood boiling just watching those 2 fight damn I'm pumped. for a moment I thought tiger mask would lose especially when his mask was covered in blood I thought it was over but then from out of nowhere he pulled a miracle and won. I really wish they would show 2 episodes per week instead of one because this show is so good.
Oct 22, 2016 2:37 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit, that was intense.
And Red Death Claw is a nightmare fuel, just by the sound it makes.
Oct 22, 2016 3:17 PM
Mar 2013
It was the best episode. Read Death Mask is brutal
Yare Yare Daze
Oct 22, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, things got very bloody in this episode.
Oct 23, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
Wow I actually thought Tiger Mask would lose this fight and then have a rematch with him later on, but guess they wanted the "cameo" villains to be just cameos and not bigger villains. Pretty good episode though, found myself rooting for Tiger Mask like a child lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 23, 2016 10:33 AM
Apr 2012
I don't understand why people don't just use weapons, handguns, etc. during their battles?

There's clearly no rules in this sport, as can be seen by the fact that a wrestler is allowed to turn off the lights, get a headstart on his opponent, pummel him almost to death, beat up other wrestlers, the judge, and the commentator.. until they all just went "fuck it" and decided to ring the bell since they couldn't stop him any way.

So if the only rule is "Do whatever you want until someone stops you. If no one can stop you, do whatever you want until you get bored.", why doesn't Tiger Mask, say, hide a gun in his pants and just shoot his opponents in the arms/legs whenever they approach him? What's going to happen? If no one can rush to the powerhouse and stop him from doing whatever he wants, then I doubt anyone would rush to the guy with a weapon and stop him from doing whatever he wants?

I don't know.. I just don't like this whole "19 minutes of villains being arrogant, 1 minute of the hero beating the villain" thing they got going in these episodes.
Oct 23, 2016 12:11 PM
Nov 2012
JayDrink said:
I don't understand why people don't just use weapons, handguns, etc. during their battles?

There's clearly no rules in this sport, as can be seen by the fact that a wrestler is allowed to turn off the lights, get a headstart on his opponent, pummel him almost to death, beat up other wrestlers, the judge, and the commentator.. until they all just went "fuck it" and decided to ring the bell since they couldn't stop him any way.

So if the only rule is "Do whatever you want until someone stops you. If no one can stop you, do whatever you want until you get bored.", why doesn't Tiger Mask, say, hide a gun in his pants and just shoot his opponents in the arms/legs whenever they approach him? What's going to happen? If no one can rush to the powerhouse and stop him from doing whatever he wants, then I doubt anyone would rush to the guy with a weapon and stop him from doing whatever he wants?

I don't know.. I just don't like this whole "19 minutes of villains being arrogant, 1 minute of the hero beating the villain" thing they got going in these episodes.

Well, this is a thought for me but you can correct me if you want to.
This is a very complex situation for NJPW and GWM. Since GWM decided that they will field their wrestlers, and Tiger Mask is only joining in their promotion as himself, NJPW has no grounds to call off the match or call it a DQ. If NJPW were to call off the match, GWM will file a lawsuit as stated in earlier episodes since NJPW is the one who approached to do it in their promotions.

This is also the case for the earlier match between the Red Death Mask and Ryu. Even though they hurt their wrestlers, NJPW is still the one who approached GWM for that match, and calling off the match will also cause the lawsuit to happen.

Heels back in the day like to do heel-ish sorts of things, like doing cheapshots or throwing them to the post. This is prevalent like maybe more than 8 years ago. But since this is anime, having them bloodied to near death is acceptable. Heck, the matches from the original series was much worse than this since they really want to outright KILL the wrestler.

Also, having heels doing most of the match is kinda standard in the wrestling business. You'll see them likely to bury the face, only to find the face counter back and win the match. A really good match, IMO. Looking forward to this.
Oct 23, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2015
Best episode so far imo. Personally I found the other episodes okay and even at times amusing at how ridiculous and ott thing can get but this one had a much better antagonist and benefited greatly from actually not knowing if tiger would win.
Oct 23, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2013
Fun and violent episode. Don't really care for the Tiger Mask family drama but I guess there's no escaping it.
Oct 24, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2011
You know, I noticed this earlier as well, but each episode just confirms it more and more. Miss X looks hot as fuck in that bondage gear.
Oct 24, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
shit that was brutal and awesome
Oct 24, 2016 1:30 PM
Dec 2010
4 episodes in and I still can't get into this show. Being a wrestling fan, and in particular being a fan of NJPW and its Strong Style, I thought I would love this show, but I really can't. Yes, much like wrestling itself this show is about suspending your disbelief, but I just don't care for the "Wrestling is not fake, it's a straight up murder fest" display of in-ring violence this show is portraying.

Also doesn't help that the actual wrestlers like Nagata don't voice themselves.
Oct 24, 2016 6:20 PM
May 2012
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

watch some bare knuckle MMA (mixed martial arts) cage fighting, what they do to their opponents is insane, there are almost no rules. Some even died in the cage or soon after at the hospital. Most of the combatants are real monsters. Check out the greatest mma legends of all time and their knockouts. Gave me the creeps.

back to topic: episode 4 was awesome! loved the "villain" red death mask and how he ambushed tiger mask. Especially because I saw his cape hanging there nicely and just then the lights went out. The fight was so intense and tiger masks comeback was legendary. I really had to grit my teeth when he slammed red death mask into the matt, just wow!
PsykromOct 24, 2016 6:36 PM
Oct 25, 2016 3:57 AM
May 2010
With how Red Death Mask cheapshoted Tiger, the finishing strikes are just satisfying to watch.
Best episode so far what with blood flying everywhere
Oct 25, 2016 4:52 AM

Mar 2014
Not enough mat wrestling. 4/10
Oct 25, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
JayDrink said:

Because it's still Pro Wrestling.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 25, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2015
Man, sometimes the moves seem way too harsh.
The way he grabs so hard that actual blood comes out... I wonder what would Haneyama from Baki would have done, lol
Great episode, although the ending is very cliche, friendship power shit.
Oct 28, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
Red Claw is indeed strong and Tiger Mask even struggled to win!
It's good that Haruna the uncle and the other injured wrestler is his resolve.
3/5.

Oct 28, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2011
oh damn red death mask was brutal. phew tiger mask won
Oct 29, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2016
Brutal? Of course there was blood involved but compared to the original RDM, this one was just cheap and weak - not in his own right, judged standalone he's prety vicious, but compared to the original there's too much of a chasm. He got beaten too damn fast. In ep 43 of the original series, the first Red Death Mask turned tables in his favor twice and even without the Claw and Drop he was pretty deadly, using ropes, journalists and a bench to have his way.

I just hope the fights get longer eventually. And maybe throw in some loses or draws for this Tiger Mask. Seriously. The previous two never had a perfect track record. The most memorable was the second one and his match with Vampire Bat which he lost only to get some payback two eps later. I want some of those emotions over here too.
Oct 29, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 2015
Tiger mask bitches
Oct 29, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
For the first time I saw a good fighting animation and a good and brutal fight at that. The show is getting better, with 3 previous episodes I got everything from the plot and don't tell me nobody knows that that mechanic grandpa that knows stuff is not the original Tiger Mask? In original we did have a heel turning babyface, now we have a babyface from the start and a heel in Tiger the Dark. I say this show has the potential to be really good. This episode is an improvement and something to dig your teeth in with some blood on the show, finally some more grown up wrestling and the match was awesome. They will have to let Tiger Mask lose and drag out some of the matches, but I think they will do that.
Oct 29, 2016 11:59 PM

Oct 2016
SextaEspada said:
don't tell me nobody knows that that mechanic grandpa that knows stuff is not the original Tiger Mask?

Nobody believes Kentaro Takaoka is the original Tiger Mask BECAUSE HE WASN'T. He appeared in the original series as Yellow Devil, a heel wrestler whose very nickname and mask was designed to get Tiger Mask I / Naoto Date off balance mentally (as when TMI was a heel, the audience called him Yellow Devil so a guy actually dubbed like that officially is like throwing that past to Naoto's face. Kentaro believed his mother died out of shock when Tiger Mask told her that Kentaro accepted to join Tigers' Den (a lie by Mr. X) and when the two finally faced off, the match was exceptionally bloody. Then, Kentaro was saved from the Tigers' Den execution but at the end of the series was executed in the ring anyway (almost killed, at that) by Tiger the Great, the then-boss of the organization. That's why he moves around using a cane and trust me he's lucky.
Oct 30, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2009
Don't remember that, definitely don't remember yellow devils real name. Watched Tiger Mask when I was a kid. I think I might have to revisit. Thanks.
Oct 31, 2016 4:11 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bloody combats!!! O_OP
Nov 1, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, that shot of Tiger Mask in his blood soaked mask was downright vicious.
Nov 3, 2016 2:24 AM

Oct 2015
red death mask was a beast the way he manhandled tiger mask. Although tiger won the match he lost the battle.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
10/10 on the Muta scale.
I always hated the claw, it just looks stupid. Especially stomach claws, they look like the lamest attempt at voodoo ever.
Nov 12, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
wow I was not expecting something that bloody. Red death Mask is a monster and the episode represented that perfectly. The scenes with his hands were hard to watch, but you could feel the pressure during the matches.
Great episode
Jan 13, 2017 3:07 AM

Jan 2015
Tombstone from the "Undertaker" Tiger the Mask!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.