Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2016 6:55 AM

Jan 2011
I think people are having trouble figuring this out why. So yeah let me explain....it is pretty simple.

1. Has a strong opening and premise.

2. Has amazing animation with lots of imagery and symbolism.

3. Tells an effective story making you want more and see if Rin gets a happy ending.

4. A-1 Pictures didn't fuck up and put out something that look like it wasn't cheaply made.

5. Porter Robinson is fucking based god.

6. It gives off the Me! Me! Me! vibe.

Overall just like Me! Me! Me! This music video has strong imagery and symbolism that sells you the story and show you what is going on without having to use much dialogue. Within six minutes you want to hug the main character. So stop it with the " 2 deep 4 u" jokes. There have been cartoons who have done this style before. One of them is coming back soon...

Now you obviously still can dislike it but really don't be one of those people who gets butthurt something you think is bad is popular. WE don't need another SAO hatedom...even though SAO is pretty crappy.

MasterHavikOct 23, 2016 11:01 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 22, 2016 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
Nahh , it's because of the fact it got removed from /r/anime which enraged people into argumenting what anime is for days and making threads about it all over reddit
Oct 22, 2016 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
Seiryus said:
Nahh , it's because of the fact it got removed from /r/anime which enraged people into argumenting what anime is for days
Well reddit is cancer and that's dumb as fuck. I don't see this in the spongebob fandom where they shorts during one season. No one said they didn't count because they are only 5 to 7 minutes compared to the usually 11 minute length of SpongeBob episodes. Length can never define quality of something.
Oct 22, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
MasterHavik said:
Seiryus said:
Nahh , it's because of the fact it got removed from /r/anime which enraged people into argumenting what anime is for days
Well reddit is cancer and that's dumb as fuck. I don't see this in the spongebob fandom where they shorts during one season. No one said they didn't count because they are only 5 to 7 minutes compared to the usually 11 minute length of SpongeBob episodes. Length can never define quality of something.
It wasn't about length but mostly about it just being a music video and a music promotion tool. I agree with some of what they're saying. Shelter is far from a masterpiece like some people say but is still an anime.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 22, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2016
MasterHavik said:
Seiryus said:

Actually it's not because it was short . there's tons of short anime that qualifies as " anime " like this but because of the fact that Porter Robinson ( who is not japanese ) made this so to some people it's not considered an anime .
The fact that people are argumenting about that more than the actual anime made me laugh
Oct 22, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2011
Anime fuckboys get tight when someone non-Japanese makes something for anime. They gotta stop. Also I don't consider it an anime persay but an anime music video. It gives off a Me! Me! Me! vibe.
Oct 22, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2014
From my review:

TL,DR: Nice art/animation. Music didn't really fit in, then again its brostep so it never fits in. Since it's a short, plot didn't really flesh out, or was there even plot to begin with...

Also this should be in the episode discussion thread...

Nice try bait.
Oct 22, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2011
OppaiSugoi said:
From my review:

TL,DR: Nice art/animation. Music didn't really fit in, then again its brostep so it never fits in. Since it's a short, plot didn't really flesh out, or was there even plot to begin with...

Also this should be in the episode discussion thread...

Nice try bait.
I wasn't baiting dude. I was clearing the air since people were confuse with this was popular when I thought it was obvious.
Oct 23, 2016 10:34 PM

Jun 2013
MasterHavik said:

4. A-1 Pictures didn't fuck up and put something that look like it wasn't cheaply made.

also this x100000
Oct 23, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
jlvyn14 said:
MasterHavik said:

4. A-1 Pictures didn't fuck up and put something that look like it wasn't cheaply made.

also this x100000
Granted I love the Phoenix Wright anime. They somehow didn't fuck that up but found a way to botched Persona 4 twice and VC.
Oct 23, 2016 11:07 PM

Jan 2014
You just wasted a whole thread on a topic that users aren't really having a hard time figuring out.
This could've been better if the topic was different, or at least something users are actually having a hard time figuring out.
Oct 23, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2011
Bowie said:
You just wasted a whole thread on a topic that users aren't really having a hard time figuring out.
This could've been better if the topic was different, or at least something users are actually having a hard time figuring out.
From what I noticed people are having trouble figuring this out similar to why outsiders couldn't figure out why people liked Re:Zero.

I mean when I see reviews start of," how could anyone rate a 6 minute 10 out of 10 is logic breaking." I gotta ask this, "Are people this stupid?"
Oct 23, 2016 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
It's popular because people can't get enough of "western anime", or anime that has a non-japanese (& non-korean) staff member.
In actuality it is mediocre in every way.
Oct 23, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2011
It's all the fault of @Zergneedsfood
Oct 23, 2016 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
CondemneDio said:
It's popular because people can't get enough of "western anime", or anime that has a non-japanese (& non-korean) staff member.
In actuality it is mediocre in every way.
Hey it's cool to see someone not Japanese tackle the media. It is only restricted to Japanese people. Besides...some of the worst of the worn anime has comes from the fingers of the Japanese.

I mean dude someone created an MMO anime that did super well but had no idea what an MMO is really about.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shelter Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DatRandomDude - Oct 18, 2016

507 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

» Anime

STSayeb - Apr 22, 2023

4 by GoCrayzee »»
Apr 22, 2023 8:28 AM

» BTS of 'Shelter'

Yuckydiyuck - Oct 20, 2016

7 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 31, 2021 6:35 PM

» Didn't realise it was in mal

SethXoXkun - Sep 11, 2021

5 by ManWild »»
Sep 12, 2021 10:58 AM

» Shelter playing on Toonami on New Year's? At midnight?

AvidAnimeViewer - Dec 22, 2016

2 by AvidAnimeViewer »»
Oct 1, 2019 5:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.