Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2016 2:51 AM

Sep 2012
I just recently got into kdramas (I watched overall about 5-6, mostly newer ones) and even though I don't usually like romance movies/series I'm currently in the mood for some romance k-dramas :D
Also, I'm looking for one that has good OSTs (I recently finished Cinderella and the 4 knights and literally download all of the songs and bg sounds)

So I guess I'm looking for something like that Cinderella one, but not necessarily plot wise or the rich and poor relationship (I'm not excluding this I just say it doesn't have to be similar in plot), I mean like the feel of the drama, good music, sweet romance moments (cheesy yeah, but it was cute), has somewhat plot and of course some ikemen/flower boys X)

The ones that I know of and am considering to watch (but haven't yet decided to) are: Uncontrollably Fond, Pinocchio (I've heard that it's really good but I really really think that longer hairstyle doesn't suit Lee Jong Suk so it's still on the wait list :/), Cheese in the Trap , Secret Garden, 49 Days, Shut Up Flower Boy Band
Oct 22, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
Give Cheese in the Trap a go, leads had great chemistry and despite being slightly disappointed in the ending, It's a quality show that had awesome atmosphere :) Also Marriage Not Dating & My Love From Another Star were two romance K-dramas i enjoyed a lot.

Btw I recently made kdramachart.com — You'll find most airing, upcoming and completed Korean shows there as well as their OST's and Genres.
Oct 22, 2016 11:01 PM

Jul 2007
Please don't watch Secret Garden. It was awful. Extremely overrated.

I don't have any relevant suggestions though.
<---made of awesome!
Oct 23, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2015
My Love from the Star

Oct 23, 2016 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
Thanks everyone for suggestions, I just started Pinocchio so we'll see how far I'll manage to go with it

Also, Marriage Not Dating seems quite interesting so I definitely watch this and I've heard about My Love From the Star and the whole sort of alien thing is kinda throwing me off but the cast seems good so I might even give it a try since it seems like a popular suggestion

Cheese in the Trap has also moved up a bit in the wait list
As for Secret Garden I wasn't too sure about switching bodies and such but many people have seen it so I though at some point I should at least skim through it (but later... at some point... maybe...)

And also, thanks for the chart site link it looks helpful ^^
Oct 23, 2016 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly...if you're looking for romance, I'd be very tempted to steer you away from kdramas, and toward jdramas and Taiwanese dramas.

But if it has to be Korean, I'd say Il Mare, Always, Que Sera, Sera, 3-Iron, Healer, The Master's Sun (great Ost), the Reply franchise, It's Okay that's Love, and perhaps The Princess' Man.
Oct 23, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2007
Coffee Prince and Oh My Ghost are two favorites that haven't been mentioned.

Susan said:
Please don't watch Secret Garden. It was awful. Extremely overrated.

Yeah, the praise for this one still baffles me.
Oct 23, 2016 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
I have watched some jdramas before and liked them but yeah, currently I'm leaning toward korean for some weird reason my brain tells me lol

I've bookmarked lots of your suggestions and I already had Healer on my list and as for Master's Sun I've looked into in before because the music composer is the same person as the one for Cinderella XD but I'm unsure about it in bunch of ways, but I guess I'll just have to start and see where it goes from there :)

As for Coffee Prince it looks interesting and a friend yesterday told me about Oh My Ghost(ess) so I've moved that up in my list as well :)

Thanks for your suggestions ^^
WinnDixieX3Oct 23, 2016 9:39 AM

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7592 by juanlqr »»
3 hours ago

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

38 by DreamingBeats »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.