For fans of the Anime songs, and the mobile music game - piano tiles:

I am working on a new project,
to improve on the mobile game - piano tiles to play Anime songs

What it will look like

Piano notes added to the game :

We are looking for beta testers.
You can install and play the beta version of the game at Google Play :

https://goo.gl/htliXM

Hope you can give feedback on how to improve the game.
And what Anime songs would you like to play the most?

Leave your comment,
Hope to hear from your feedback.
pianopickDec 11, 2016 5:11 AM
Upcoming android music game : Piano Tail (Tiles) for fans of anime songs.
Google play: Install and Play
Oct 23, 2016 4:46 AM
Oct 2016
Second demo gameplay of Naruto Shippuden Opening 17 Wind

pianopickOct 28, 2016 2:32 AM
Oct 23, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 2016
Project update :

Have been busying preparing the screenshots to be used for Google Play Store.

And also created one demo gameplay of the Fairy Tail Opening 16 - Strike Back :

What songs will you like to see in the game :

Hope to hear from you,
leave a comment below
pianopickOct 28, 2016 2:42 AM
Oct 31, 2016 5:57 AM
Oct 2016
Have you watched Kimi no Na wa - Your Name, the most popular anime movie in 2016?

Glad to be able to find the song Yumetourou.

I have made a gameplay of the song Yumetourou.

pianopickNov 15, 2016 6:06 AM
Nov 1, 2016 6:17 AM
Oct 2016
Another nice song from Kimi no Na wa - Your Name.

Nov 1, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2015
Would prefer a more interesting game tbh, but it's a unique idea at the very least. Also, Naruto and other shounen OPs = drop. Where's the Steins;Gate ost :V
Nov 4, 2016 6:55 AM
Oct 2016
A game that is simple can be addicting.

Here's a gameplay with Steins;Gate - Believe Me

Nov 4, 2016 2:37 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm, not bad, I like the idea of it that's for sure. Some notes are a bit off though, and I think there needs to be more than just this simple gameplay to keep users for longer than a few tracks.
Nov 6, 2016 7:19 AM
Oct 2016
Thanks for the feedback.

I will have to improve on the game.

You mention about some of the notes are a bit off,
is it the tempo that is wrong,
or some of the notes are missing?

You are right about the gameplay being too simple.
I need to think of ways to improve the game.

The original Piano tiles 2 has implemented strong gamification.
Some of the gamifications in piano tiles 2 are , different global compeition modes, leveling up to unlock songs.
I may borrow some ideas from the original piano tiles 2.

But I would also like to come out with my own idea.
What do you think of allowing users to play their own midi songs.
And to also allow them to upload and share with others.
Nov 9, 2016 5:43 AM
Oct 2016
Piano cover of Kimi no Na wa (Your Name) - Mitsuha's Theme

Nov 11, 2016 11:17 PM
Oct 2016
OneTrueEmiya said:
Hmm, not bad, I like the idea of it that's for sure. Some notes are a bit off though, and I think there needs to be more than just this simple gameplay to keep users for longer than a few tracks.

Major things to do for my next update to the game :
I am working on improving the game by adding harmony to the songs.
And there will be two modes : Easy and Hard.

Let's see video examples of easy and hard modes.

Easy mode : You play melody of song and the harmony will be auto played, like this first video below :

Hard mode : You play both the melody and harmony of the song, like this second video below :

This updates to the game will be coming soon.

Please share with me what you think of the easy and hard modes.
pianopickNov 13, 2016 8:43 AM
Nov 12, 2016 12:09 AM

May 2015
Nice. I used to do Stepcharts for Stepmania, so I like these kinds of games. I can help test the game for you...if you do a piano tile for Neon Genesis Evangelion's Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis...
Nov 12, 2016 5:15 AM
Oct 2016
Tarotist said:
Nice. I used to do Stepcharts for Stepmania, so I like these kinds of games. I can help test the game for you...if you do a piano tile for Neon Genesis Evangelion's Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis...

I am very glad that you offer to help test the game.

Give me some time to prepare Neon Genesis Evangelion's Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis.

I will let you know once it is ready
Nov 15, 2016 6:10 AM
Oct 2016
Tarotist said:

It's done, just updated my gameplay to add new hard mode and also the song : Neon Genesis Evangelion's Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis

To play the song,
click on the link below to install from Google Play,
and you will be linked directly to the song in the app by the link after the install

https://goo.gl/qhSvbL

What you can experience from the gameplay :

Hope you enjoy the game,
just tell me what other songs you like to play,
and like to hear from your feedback.
pianopickNov 15, 2016 6:16 AM
Nov 15, 2016 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
Ehhhhh???????

Ok, I need to throw my iPhone now...

I'll embrace Andriod... xD
Nov 15, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2015
Woo! That is awesome! Tell me, do you compose the tiles yourself, as in play the song by your own composition and place it on there, or do you use a pre-made song and just program it onto the game?

Now then, I played the game using the song I requested, and there are some issues that I did encounter....

1. This is a beta test! Please remove the "Retry" pop up whenever you make a mistake! It's frustrating! Or at least when the "Retry" pops up and you say "Continue Playing", at least pause the game until I tap a tile so that I don't make a mistake the moment I continue playing again. Or even better, have no "Retry" pop up, but instead use a counter to count how many errors you make. Perhaps have the game show your score at the end of a song to see how you did?

2. I think it is just my cellphone, but as I play, I tend to experience some lag or "rubberbanding" where as the tiles scroll, it sometimes freezes for a fraction of a second and then continues. This leads to making mistakes very easily. If the game ran a lot smoother, it would be great. Or maybe I just have to upgrade my phone...

3. I noticed that you can press the tiles anywhere on the screen, whether they're on the very top or very bottom. In the music games that I play, I like having a "judgment" bar where there is a set line where the tiles meet so that you know exactly when and where to tap the tile. I guess it's just my past music game experience where I tap the tile earlier than usual, thus resulting in a mistake. I don't think the song is off sync, but if you can tap anywhere and you have no "judgment bar" as a reference, then that can throw your rhythm off because you tap the tiles earlier or later than usual...

4. When searching for a song, you have the categories set to "Anime Name", "Artist Name", and "Game". However, I don't think I saw a tab that sorts the songs by "Song Name". For example, I want to look up "Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis", so I go to "Z", but I don't see it there. Consider having a tab that lists all the songs by the song name.

5. You can't play the game without an internet connection? Aww...I wish I could...Oh well, it's understandable that you have to have a connection since the songs are stored online. It would have been really nice if you could play it offline though...

6. I noticed that the songs are TV size in duration (~ 1:30-ish that includes the intro and the chorus). I prefer playing complete songs, but I can understand the short duration. Do you plan to create some songs that play to its entirety? As in ~4:00 songs?

7. Do you randomize the tiles you place when you create the charts? When I made stepcharts on Stepmania, I would place low-pitch notes on the left and high-pitch notes on the right, like a piano. You don't necessarily have to do this. It's just a preference thing...

Those are the things that could probably do some re-working on. The game is fun and I do like it. Just needs more polish. I know I can perfect Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis, but the said issues above prevent me from doing so. Arrgh!

Anyway...if you're not too busy and have the spare time, there is another song that I would like to request that you can make a Piano Tile of. It's an anime that is currently airing this season. Ajin 2nd Season's "Boku wa Boku de Atte", by angela x fripSide:

Nov 16, 2016 5:24 PM
Oct 2016
I do not compose the tiles myself. I look for midi file online and just load it into the game.

You requested for Ajin 2nd Season's "Boku wa Boku de Atte", by angela x fripSide.

I have been searching for the song's midi file online but so far no result.
I will keep a lookout for the song and add it to the game once someone has uploaded the midi for the song.

I am glad that you enjoy the game and take the time to come out with the detailed feedback. Thanks.

I hope to improve on the game by solving the issues you faced...

1. The "Retry left" pop up is distracting. I will remove the "Retry left" and use a counter to count how many errors you make. Then at the end of the song the game will show the score with percentage of how well you do.

2. I experience the same lag on my phone too. The problem is with my game, I will have to improve on it to make it a lot smoother.

3. Having another categories that list all the anime songs will be easier to find songs. The problem with individual letters is that someone can click on it and find no song inside. I will add one more categories for list of songs.

4. I plan to support offline play mode. I will be working on it.

5. Most songs are TV size in duration because it depends on the midi files I found online. Most midi files I found online are TV size duration

6. How the tiles are placed are not randomize. It is by their midi note numbers. The value of the notes' midi number are divided by 4 and are grouped base on their reminder values. The same notes will always appear in the same columns with one exception. If the next note are in the same columns, that note will be moved to another column.

Just like you, I have also thought about placing low-pitch notes on the left and high-pitch notes on right. By separating the high and low-pitches notes into left and right will make it easier to follow along with the melody on the right and the harmony on the left.

I will have to study on how to come out with the algorithm that can support the above and without having either one of the side having too many notes.

pianopickNov 17, 2016 12:31 AM
Nov 16, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2015
@pianopick Can you post APK download link? i need to try this.
Nov 17, 2016 12:31 AM
Oct 2016
ultravigo said:

The link to Google Play Store : https://goo.gl/htliXM
pianopickDec 11, 2016 5:11 AM
Nov 17, 2016 2:58 AM

Aug 2015
pianopick said:
ultravigo said:

The link to Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pianopick.pianoTailOneSong

The thing is i don't have wifi so i need to download APK separately.
Nov 17, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2015
You just look for the midi files and just load them? Aww, that's no fun...One of the joys of music games is creating your own charts! Oh well. I guess that works too.

I didn't expect you to find "Boku wa Boku de Atte" since it's very new. I thought you composed them yourself....

Alright, I'd like to make a different request then. I know you do Opening songs, but perhaps you can try an Insert song instead: "White Album". It's not an opening or ending theme, but it is a song. I'd like to try a slower paced song on the game and test how that works compared to the faster songs. Thank you.

Nov 18, 2016 11:16 PM
Oct 2016
@Tarotist.

Uploaded the song "White Album". You can find the song in the game or,

click on the link below to bring you directly to the song "White Album" in the game.

https://goo.gl/9gjlj8

I will take note of that "One of the joys of music games is creating your own charts".

@ultravigo
I have sent you a message with a link to the APK.
Nov 19, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2016
I really wanted to be able to play the opening of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 20, 2016 3:26 AM
Oct 2016
Nedrarg said:
I really wanted to be able to play the opening of the first season of Tokyo Ghoul.

Uploaded Tokyo Ghoul Op - Unravel

You can search for the song in the game or,

click on the link below to bring you directly to the song in the game :
https://goo.gl/z8fPcA
Nov 23, 2016 4:07 AM
Oct 2016
New hard mode gameplay of Natsume Yuujinchou Go op 1 - Takarabako

Nov 24, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
hi. I stumble upon it and tried it once. When I pick a song to play it automatically starts on its own sometimes ^_^, and yeah I can't notice if I tapped the wrong tile until the retry button pops out. It distracts me whenever the retry button loads suddenly
enai0000Nov 24, 2016 8:14 AM
"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days. -
Doug Larson"

Nov 25, 2016 4:50 AM
Oct 2016
gilliane1029 said:
hi. I stumble upon it and tried it once. When I pick a song to play it automatically starts on its own sometimes ^_^, and yeah I can't notice if I tapped the wrong tile until the retry button pops out. It distracts me whenever the retry button loads suddenly

Thanks for trying out the game and giving feedback.

I will look into the issues of the song playing automatically.

And to also make it easier to know where the wrong tile has been tapped or when the black tiles went out of the screen.

Tarotist said:
...another song that I would like to request that you can make a Piano Tile of...

@Tarotist, you requested for the song, Boku wa Boku de Atte.
I managed to find a version that is TV size, but can't find one with full duration.

I have added the song to the game.

You may find it in the game
or click on the link to go directly to the song in the game :

https://goo.gl/RCIdNx

I have also updated my game to handle some of the issues you pointed out :

I have removed the "Retry left : " pop up from the bottom of the screen
And added the score at the end of the game.

I have added one more categories for list of anime songs name.
Nov 25, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2015
So I updated the game and tried it once again. And I did notice some changes:

1. While you did remove the retry pop-ups during the gameplay, they still show up if you make 5 mistakes. It's a lot better than what it had before, but it can still be a little annoying when it comes up.

2. The performance of the game has significantly improved. There are much less lag and slow-down moments, so now I can play the songs more consistently. Like now, I can definitely perfect A Cruel Angel's Thesis. I do still experience some slow-downs but it's not as bad as it was before. Another possible cause for the lag during gameplay is the number of tiles being processed. In the song "White Album" (Thanks for uploading the full version btw ^_^), the game tends to lag during the more complex parts of the song. Perhaps you might want to look into that. It might also be the speed setting, but I haven't experimented with that enough, so I'll check into it later.

3. Thanks for uploading "Boku wa Boku de Atte". Now that's a song I like to play! The more complex songs are always more fun! However, perhaps you might want to get a better MIDI file for it later in the future. It's either that I find the tempo a little off, or I'm just not tapping the tiles in rhythm. By the way, what differentiates a "Normal" difficulty song from a "Hard" difficulty song? Personally, I think Boku wa Boku de Atte classifies as a Hard song.

4. You added a "Result" pop-up at the end of the song. Very good! Now we can see if we're playing the songs right! I would like to ask though, how are "Holds" (the black bars with red lines in the middle) judged? Do you get more score the longer you hold it, or can you just tap and release to get the same score? Just asking, because if I remember correctly, you don't have to hold the Hold all the way, and there is no penalty for releasing the hold early...

*A little suggestion to consider:
When a tile is played, the sound of the piano note is played, right? But when you play a different tile, the previous note instantly ends and a new note is played. And then you have the Holds where they sometimes play two notes at once. Because the sound isn't continuous, it kind of throws my rhythm off whenever I try to play a new tile. So what I'm wanting to ask is: Would it be possible to implement "dual notes"? In the game, you always play the tiles one at a time. But what if dual notes were implemented into the game where there will be some parts of a song where you tap two tiles at the same time instead of just one? It's basically one note that plays the bass clef and the other that plays the treble clef. This could basically serve as a song's "Hard Mode" and would work great for songs that have multiple vocal tracks. Unfortunately, I doubt that you'll be able to do this since your game is based on a specific algorithm, so you would have to re-modify a lot of things.

And a question:
*Is it possible to implement "Time Changes" into a song? A "Time Change" is when a song's tempo changes during the song. For example, the intro of "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" starts off slow, then goes fast. Is it possible to modify the falling speed of the tiles to match the tempo of the song? I used to do that ll the time in Stepmania because of the effect it brings when playing the music. You don't have to do it though if it isn't possible. Just a question...

And of course, every time I give feedback, I'm going to request a song. This time I am going to ask for something rather difficult. It is a song that will test how well your game handles Time Changes (change in tempo during the song), dual vocals, and a large number of short tiles because of how fast the song plays. Also, if it is possible, I would also like to ask that you upload both the TV size version and the full version. The TV size will serve as the Normal difficulty, while the Full version will be the Hard difficulty.

The song in question is the Opening Theme of Senki Zesshou Symphogear: GX - Exterminate by Nana Mizuki.

Actually, there are a lot of songs in Symphogear that are really good. But for now, I just want Exterminate.

Anyway, the gameplay is getting better, and that's what's important. Keep working on it!
TarotistNov 25, 2016 5:57 PM
Nov 26, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
I hope History Maker of Yuri on Ice will be added. I'm looking forward to this game
"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days. -
Doug Larson"

Nov 27, 2016 9:24 AM
Oct 2016
Tarotist said:
So I updated the game and tried it once again. And I did notice some changes: ...

Thanks for your detailed feedbacks and findings about the lag issues, I began to understand about it much better.

Yes, you may be right about the possible cause of the lag which may be cause by the number of tiles being processed.

[Lag issues]
One possible explanation is that more sounds have to be played at the same time and this cause the lag.

[Possible casues 1 : Complex songs]
Just as you have experienced with complex part of the songs where there are more sounds to be played in shorter period of time.

Also, White Album is chords heavy.

To test my theory, I have uploaded the version 2 of the same song with "White Album version 2 (with Harmony)" or https://goo.gl/H6lXdR (Direct link).
This version 2 of the song has some of the notes removed from the chords to reduce the number of notes that needs to be played at the same time.

[Possible casues 2 : speed setting]
If speed setting is also one of the cause of the lag, this may explain why some songs does not lag while some are. Looking forward to the result of your further check later.

For the "Boku wa Boku de atte", I will continue to look out for better version. You experienced tempo off may be because my game is not able to handle consecutive short tiles well and this song has lot of short tiles.

[Problem with my game]
Too many consecutive short tiles and it will start to sound jumbled up. Long tiles does not have this problem because the "extra" tiles in the long tiles are for "pauses" in the song and to follow the tempo of the song accurately.

To deal with the problem with short tiles that cause jumbled up sounds, I would like to try out a solution which is to double the length of the notes in the midi file.
What you will see in the game is that most of the short tiles will become long tiles.
I have edited the midi file for "Boku wa Boku de atte" and uploaded version 2 "Boku wa Boku de Atte OP version 2 (with Harmony Mode)" or https://goo.gl/o4sUq3 (direct link).

If you try the version 2 of the song you may have more accurate tempo.

[How is the song being group into "Normal" and "Hard".]
I used the word "Normal" and "Hard" because it is the simplest and less amount of word to describe the two type of songs I have. -> Song with just the melody. Song with melody and harmony.

Using the word "hard" is not an accurate description, but is short and simple.
Now I changed to use a more accurate word "with harmony" instead.

["How are the "Hold" judged?"]
The longer you hold, the more score you will get.
The "Holds" are made up of many short tiles.
The first tile always have sound.
The rest of the tiles in the "Holds" are just fillers and have no sound.
These fillers are "pauses" to follow the tempo of the songs.
If a "Holds" is made up of three tiles, you will get three scores.

[Penalty]
There is penalty for releasing the "Holds" too early. This is more obvious in much longer "Holds" than in "Holds" made up of just two of three short tiles.

It is not obvious in shorter "Holds" because :
when you tap on the first tile in a "holds", the second or third tiles in the "Holds" is being processed too early.
This make it look like you don't have to hold all the way.

While for the longer "Holds", if you release too early, the tiles towards the end will not be processed and when they go out of the screen, you will lose.

As I mention in point number 3, that my game is not able to handle short tiles probably and the sounds are jumbled up. Same reason : problem with processing the next tiles too early.

[Dual notes]
It is possible to implement "dual notes".
The changes to the algorithm to draw two tiles is not hard.
And may not require huge changes.

The tricky part is the handling of touch events.
I will need to study and better understand on it.

[Time changes]
Changing of tempo during a song may depend on either of the two things in a midi file.
It can be affected by either the start time of each "note on" of the notes in midi file or the number being given to the tempo.

My game handle the start time of each "note on" but not the number being given to the tempo.

It is possible to modify the falling speed of the tiles by delaying the start time of each "note on" of the notes in the midi file.
What you will see is longer tiles ("Holds") in the game for slow part of the songs, and short tiles for fast part of the song.

[Song request]
I found the TV size but not able to find the full version.
For the TV size, I found two version.
1.Exterminate op version 1 (with Harmony Mode) : https://goo.gl/NTrfol

2.Exterminate op version 2 (with Harmony Mode) : https://goo.gl/aQXqvV

I uploaded both version.
And like to hear from you if you can detect the change in tempo and how well my game handle the songs.

gilliane1029 said:
I hope History Maker of Yuri on Ice will be added. I'm looking forward to this game

Added another version of "History Maker op 1 (with Harmony Mode)"

You can search for it in the game
or click on the link to go directly to the song from your phone :
https://goo.gl/ul5hs3
Nov 27, 2016 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
Hey can you add the song called: Greif and Sorrow. It's from Naruto and on YouTube there is a Piano version of it so it could be easier for you to add the song. Thank you! :D
Nov 28, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2015
So I tried playing Exterminate...and I personally didn't find it that great as a MIDI song. However, while I was playing the game a little more, I discovered the game's greatest issue. I finally understand why it was so hard to keep in rhythm and why I keep pressing tiles at the wrong time. When I tried playing Exterminate, the tempo was too slow. So what I did was move the speed slider up to the 80s. When I tried playing the song again, the tiles fell faster, but at the same time, the song's tempo was faster as well. I apologize for what I'm about to say but...

THE SPEED SLIDER NOT ONLY AFFECTS THE TILE FALLING SPEED, BUT ALSO THE SONG'S TEMPO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! THE SPEED SLIDER SHOULD ONLY AFFECT THE TILE FALLING SPEED, NOT THE SONG'S TEMPO AS WELL! NO MATTER HOW FAST THE TILES FALL, THE SONG'S TEMPO MUST ALWAYS REMAIN THE SAME!

FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Ahem...excuse me. Now then, there are two ways for you to fix this problem:

1. Do what I stated above and fix the speed slider so that it only affects the tile falling speed.

2. If you are unable to do the task above, when choosing a song and you come to the screen that has the speed slider, display the default recommended speed that matches the song's original tempo. Basically when you open a song, it shows the default recommended speed written somewhere on the page.

Also, maybe a little something extra, include the song's original BPM (Beats per minute). You might be able to use that later...

Nobody can enjoy the game if their favorite songs sound off-tempo. THIS IS YOUR #1 PRIORITY. FIX THE SPEED!

And every time I give feedback, I make a new song request. The next song I want to request is a rather fun song. I believe that it will be a perfectly-suited song for the game.

The song title is "Platinum Disco" by Yuka Iguchi. It is the third Opening song in the anime: Nisemonogatari.

Try to get the full version if possible.

Hope you can fix the speed problem. Good luck!
TarotistNov 29, 2016 4:31 PM
Nov 30, 2016 10:55 PM
Oct 2016
You have found the game's greatest issue.
After reading your suggestion I quickly get started on fixing it by finding the solution, testing and updating to Google play store.

The issue you found is that the song's tempo does not match with the original.
I have fixed the issue and released a update.

How I fix the issue is by following closely on your second suggestion.
What I have done is to set the default speed to match the song's original tempo.
And the original speed slider will be changed to become a speed multipler.
The speed multipler will have value from -3x to 3x.

So by default, we can play with the song at the original tempo.
And for some, if they find the song too hard,
they may slow down the song's tempo
and also the tiles falling speed using the speed multipler.

A little something extra :

1. At the page when we play with the songs, we can see the beats per seconds.
  2. And, as you have asked before, I have improved on my game to be able to handle tempo change during middle of the songs.
    Some midi files have multiple tempo in a song and my game will handle the tempo change.
    An example song I added to the game will be
    All I Want for Christmas Is You (with Harmony) : Direct link to song in game

I hope by fixing the speed issue, you can enjoy the game and play song at the correct tempo.

Here's your song request : Platinum Disco
There is a full version of the song but the quality is not good so I did not use it : https://youtu.be/PUYV7n7Yrgc
But I found a TV size version that has better sounding.
I added the tv size version.
You can search for the name in the game :
Platinum Disco op 3 (with Harmony) : Direct link to song in game

Your feedback is valuable. Thanks.
If you have any feedback or song request,
please let me know.
pianopickNov 30, 2016 11:37 PM
Dec 5, 2016 6:23 AM
Oct 2016
Piano gameplay of Sousei no Onmyouji opening 3 - sync

Install and play from Google Play : https://goo.gl/htliXM

pianopickDec 11, 2016 5:10 AM
Dec 11, 2016 5:09 AM
Oct 2016
Piano gameplay of 3-gatsu no Lion op 1 - Answer

Jan 1, 2017 5:12 AM
Oct 2016
Piano gameplay of Bungou Stray Dogs 2 ed - Kaze ga Fuku Machi

Jan 6, 2017 4:44 PM

May 2015
Yo! Long time no update!

I've been playing the game for a bit. You fixed the speed slider, and now the game plays a lot better since I can maintain a steady rhythm. The game still has its slow downs though. Hopefully you'll look into that...

Looks like you added offline play, and you also thought ahead and only made the songs that the user Favorited to be played offline. This is good to save space on the phone and keep one's favorite songs available to play all the time. Good job!

Now about the time change mechanic you implemented. It's going to need a little tweaking. I tried playing Symphogear's "Exterminate" (I forgot which version), and when it hit the fast part (2.0 speed bps if I remember), the tiles were scrolling down way too fast for me to keep up. Perhaps reduce the tile scrolling speed to around 25-30% to make it playable.

Now then, perhaps some additions you can try:

1. Black tiles make the game look rather dull. Perhaps you can change the aesthetic of the tiles to make them more pleasant to look at? Like maybe give the long notes a different color from the short notes?

2. I wonder what would happen if you were able to play the game holding your phone horizontally rather than vertically...

3. When selecting a song, perhaps you can display the highest score you obtained in that song (basically the screen where the speed slider shows up).

4. Remember when I requested Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis and you posted the video? I wonder if you can add an auto-play function on the game to let it play itself. The score won't be recorded though, but it would be nice to watch and listen to.

Hopefully you'll find a way to fix those slowdowns...

Now then, more song requests!

I've been on a Symphogear binge lately, so now I'd like to see how the songs work in the game. There are three songs in particular that I would like to try:

"Bye Bye Lullaby" - by Ayahi Takagahi
"Glorious Break" - by Nana Mizuki
and "Radiant Force" - by Aoi Yuuki, Ayahi Takagai, and Nana Mizuki (I don't want the Ignited arrangement. Just the regular one.)

If you can find the full versions for each of these songs, I would gladly appreciate it (especially for Glorious Break because the instrumental intro is epic!).

Thanks again!
Jan 6, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Games, Computers & Tech Support
Jan 17, 2017 4:19 AM
Oct 2016
Glad that you like the offline features.

For the time change, I have tweak my implementation to follow more closely to the song's original tempo. Previously, it was a little bit faster than the original tempo and so it was hard to keep up. So after the tweak, now you shall be able to play at the song's original tempo and still able to keep up with the speed.

For additions I can try :
1.So far on my journey what I have learnt is that in design, choosing the right color scheme is important to be used for the whole app. I may need to look for designer on behance.net and hire them for help or do you have some color suggestion?

2.I have been toying with the idea of playing horizontally too.
-First variation is two way piano tiles. Draw a line in the center from top to bottom. Tiles can start from anywhere on the line and they can move either towards the left or right.
-Second variation is three way piano tiles. Same as two way plus tiles can also fall from top to bottom.

3.Keeping track of the past highest score is a useful to have. To take one step further, what do you think of a private group leader board. A player can add another players or friends to the leader board. They will be able to see and compete against ranking of scores of people they added. Will people more likely compete with their friends than some stranger in a public group leader board?

4.I will be taking note of this feature and add it after I fix the the major issues which are, slowdown, sound quality and tap events.

I searched and found no midi files for the songs your requested:

"Bye Bye Lullaby" - by Ayahi Takagahi
"Glorious Break" - by Nana Mizuki
"Radiant Force" b- y Aoi Yuuki

If you are able to find the midi files please let me know so I can add to game.

Wish to let you know my progress with the some of the major issues :
1.For slowdowns, I have found and fix the problem with the slow downs using profiling tools to profile my codes. The fix has been released, have you found the game to run smoother?

2.For low quality sound, I have replaced the sound file used in game with sound sample from Steinway B-211 from 1960. What do you feel about the quality of the new sounds?

3.For tap events, I am still working on solving the issues with valid tap being processed as invalid tap. What other problem do you have witht he tap events?

Thanks for playing and providing detailed review.
Dec 29, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
Yo, is this still up? Any updates? :}
Dec 29, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2017
I would remove the anime background as the "black layer" before anything else. It looks really messy with it and kinda ruins the whole feel of the game. There's a reason games like that (including piano tiles) don't put a "picture" for the background or even if you want to, then maybe you could blur it a little bit so that the users can actually get a feel of the tiles and focus more on the gameplay.

Aside from that tho, the game seems almost perfect. You absolutely killed it! If I may, I wanted to request you add the opening and endings from Akame ga Kill!
Mar 27, 2019 9:25 PM
Mar 2019
Cool idea. so this is the mod for the original piano tiles right? i would to have it!!! and i would like to have more anime classic songs into the game if it could be! i found the mod for the game once in apknite and it was not so good, hope this mod will make it better!
Mar 28, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2018
Great, hope there's a way to implement the BNHA ''Run'' verse onto it but I think that might be asking for way too much.~(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

24 by WaffleMaster89 »»
1 hour ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

360 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Apr 19

2 by W3TFT »»
Yesterday, 9:13 AM

» CSS List Designs by Valerio Lyndon / V.L

Valerio_Lyndon - Sep 9, 2022

23 by karmashizzle »»
Apr 21, 6:01 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 21, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.