Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
All-Out!!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
Sekizan was cute lol. What happened to his hair?
Oct 24, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2014
eternaltorture said:
Elastic_Love said:

Nothing surprising here. Yaoi on ice will probably be a 12 episode series, so it shows off all the good stuff from episode one, whereas All Out most likely has to save it for later since it's going to air twice as long. The score might even out a little with time. So far though YOI got faster pacing, more comedy, flashier choreography and a more experienced staff. Huge amounts of fujoshi fanservice and social media hype do their job too.

Good reasons though I find All Out ep1-3 beats YOI ep1-3 by a mile. The latter doesn't even come close
& the animation for the choreography took a dive in quality this week, I wonder how next week's will fare (if they're doing any skating).

Tbh, All Out lacks everything that would make it interesting to someone who hasn't been involved in rugby. This episode was all talk and flashbacks instead of showing the actual game. The problem here is, as someone who doesn't know Rugby I cannot learn anything if they only show a couple of plays out of context. On the contrary, Yuri on Ice shows full choreographies that well thought out and animated and it seems like they have people in their stuff that know the sport. The whole direction of the sports part in Yuri on Ice is leagues ahead than those in All Out. Now I do think the comedy in Yuri on Ice is terrible and the show definitely has its downsides but All Out doesn't feature any other aspect, so far, to excell.
Oct 24, 2016 4:25 AM

Mar 2009
eternaltorture said:
Milk_is_Special said:
I don't see why this show has such a low average, like come on, this deserves way higher than a 7.17

The fact that Yuri On Ice has a whopping 8.45 and this is a 7.17 is fucking tragic

DarthWeeaboo said:
far better than yaoi on ice shame its underated

tbh

The female fanbase is going bonkers over Yuri on Ice, so I'm not surprised it's that highly rated. That being said, I think Yuri on Ice is a good show. I expected nothing but shallow fanservice for the female audience, but it's actually got some substance to it.

All Out is a hell of a lot better than Days, I agree. It should be higher than that one at least.
Oct 25, 2016 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
kitten320 said:
eternaltorture said:
How this is rated worse than Yuri!! On Ice and almost on par with Days is beyond me
But I read until chapters 37 and I have hope the ratings will pick up after the anime's run is over

The power of yaoi and hot guys.

All Out is suffering from some cringy character designs. If they looked more like Free and KnB characters, people would be loving it since nowadays most sport fandoms are over flown not with sport lovers but yaoi fangirls.

The fact that All Out!! is seinen explains why its chacrachter designs are like that. KnB is shounen so ofc they'd look more decent.
Oct 25, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2013
Sekizan seriously looks like he's in the wrong Anime. He should be in a Jojo series trying to kill Dio or something.

Miyuki needs to get his ass checked, looks like there's a huge stick rammed up in there. Iwashimizu needs to be more confident, if he wanted to, he could easily demolish every single person on that field.
臭い-
Oct 27, 2016 9:33 PM

May 2013
It was a good episode. The match looks good so far.
It's too bad the small guy can't play yet.
The ep would have been better without the annoying girl talking on the bench.
Oct 30, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2014
Are we supposed to believe that a second rower can chase down a fly half after he gets by him?

Boy I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
Nov 3, 2016 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
Was pretty hyped for this series, but holy hell, the execution of the game and music placement were absolutely horrid..

Jan 14, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2014
"Rugby is a gentleman's sport..."

From how everyone's trying to knock each other out and getting dirty from scrambling over a single ball, I wouldn't have guessed. LOL My image of a "gentleman's sport" is something like golf... or even tennis. xD

Anyway, Sekizan was such a cutie as a first year. Now he's a hottie~ though I still can't get over his freaky-ass hair with those twirly things. lolol It makes him unique though, I'll give him that... not that its necessary considering he's the only one with red hair anyway.

I hope I get used to rugby soon too... I'm not at all familiar with the sport except that it's kinda(?) like American football (sorry for this ignorant sounding statement lol) and it's kinda hard to grasp what in the hell anyone is doing. Can't even remember the positions let alone remember what exactly each position does. ( ̄▽ ̄)
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 25, 2017 10:03 PM

Mar 2015
The action in this one is great, I can only imagine how much better it'll get with proper competition and stronger adversaries!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 21, 2017 5:55 PM
Nov 2017
yo soy un ex jugador de rugby. Esta serie me devolvió el amor por este deporte tan noble y caballero. Cuando arranque la pre temporada en mi club, volveré a jugar con todas las energías. Tengo que agradecerle a esta pagina y a este anime ya que me saco de una depresión fuerte, mostrándome algo que había olvidado
Jul 27, 2023 12:11 AM
Jul 2023
Is there a reason this is not gonna be animated anymore?
Feb 28, 8:08 AM

Jan 2021
Hard work and dedication
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:26 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

22 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

17 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:51 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

18 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:29 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

19 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.