Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is amazing! I felt so excited through whole episode. I loved Yuri's stating performance, and I feel he has changed a lot in the first 3 episodes because he has ton more confidence and it's all thanks to Victor.
This episode was very gay! :)
I swear if Victor and Yuri don't get together by the end of the season, I'll be really mad!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2008
okurinn said:
I liked Yurio's performance more, but oh well. It sucks that Victor just left him like that... and only that girl went to see if he was okay.

Did you expect something more from Victor?
This is the same guy who forgets a promise he made to an aspiring teenage figure skater, drops everything and goes to Japan to coach his new muse
And when the poor forgotten kid comes to Japan and practices alongside said muse, he gets sidelined as Victor is constantly pre-occupied and enamored with the new boy
Yurio was never on his (Victor) radar. Dude only has eyes for Yuuri.
Sad thing is I think Yurio realizes it too.

So, when Victor just left him like that and basked in the spotlight with Yuuri, I expected nothing less.
Oct 19, 2016 8:39 PM

May 2015
Don't worry Yuri, this episode made me feel the same way.

Oct 19, 2016 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
They wont end up together, but the strong baiting will continue.
Oct 19, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2014
This episode was pretty good even when i am not a big fan of yaoi/shipping.
The development of yuri and his backstory with his grandpa, the comedy has been consistent in this 3 chapters and of course THAT ANIMATION WAS BEAUTIFUL.

....The only thing that i dont get at all is the relationship between yuuri and yuuko, at the start it seems to be somewhat important in yuuri characterization but in this chapter which is about eros, even when i like the approach that yuuri takes to it, that backstory feels like absolutely irrelevant and i dont know why the staff put that into the story (still we are like 3 eps into it so of course i dont know if it could be important later or not)
Oct 19, 2016 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode. I really like the theme of sexuality coming from this episode. Quoting from this reddit post, "Yuuri portraying himself as the "woman" in the story was not only appropriate given what we know about the character and his relationship with Victor, but also alluded to with his choice of costume (representing both male and female)." This show knows how to simultaneously deliver some good homoerotic spice in an artistic fashion.
Oct 19, 2016 9:17 PM

Feb 2015
I think it says st about the animation quality that you can actually tell whose routines are better when you watch them. Like, damn, Yuuri nailed it.

I kind of hope something actually comes of all this yaoi teasing, since they're teasing it sO HARD, though I have a feeling it won't. Still, this is so far my favorite anime of the season. I'm almost tempted to rewatch the last few episodes while I wait another week for ep 4.
Oct 19, 2016 9:22 PM

Apr 2013
yuri on ice is my eros and my agape I'm in love w/ this show g o o d b y e

That was the fastest 23 minutes, I never want it to enddd.

Oct 19, 2016 9:24 PM
Jul 2015
SchwingBoner said:
Great performances. Yuri fantasizing about pork cutlet bowl to help his dance was just too funny. How can a 23-year old be that innocent?
I didn't expect him to choose to play the feminine role. And that wolf whistle. XD

Lol

HELP ME I'M DYING FROM THE FAN SERVICE HIS SMIRK AND THAT WHISTLE HNNGGGGGGGGG I SHIP BUT I DON'T BUT I DO GAAAAAHHH
Oct 19, 2016 9:46 PM

Oct 2016
Yuri!! on Ice is definitely my favorite Anime this season. It gets better and better with every episode.
Oct 19, 2016 9:51 PM

Jun 2015
Hm the animation is still very good, but many scenes were recycled. I worry about the quality in the following episodes.
Oct 19, 2016 9:52 PM

Dec 2015
eternaltorture said:
okurinn said:
I liked Yurio's performance more, but oh well. It sucks that Victor just left him like that... and only that girl went to see if he was okay.

This is the same guy who forgets a promise he made to an aspiring teenage figure skater, drops everything and goes to Japan to coach his new muse
And when the poor forgotten kid comes to Japan and practices alongside said muse, he gets sidelined as Victor is constantly pre-occupied and enamored with the new boy

So, when Victor just left him like that and basked in the spotlight with Yuuri, I expected nothing less.

Sorry to butt in, I kinda agree with you on this one.
Its a bit depressing whenever I think about it, How victor just let yurio leave just like that. without even saying anything whatsoever. but we'll see on the next eps.
Oct 19, 2016 10:02 PM

May 2010
Melis8163 said:

....The only thing that i dont get at all is the relationship between yuuri and yuuko, at the start it seems to be somewhat important in yuuri characterization but in this chapter which is about eros, even when i like the approach that yuuri takes to it, that backstory feels like absolutely irrelevant and i dont know why the staff put that into the story (still we are like 3 eps into it so of course i dont know if it could be important later or not)

i think that if yuuri gets agape instead of eros, it would be about yuuko. but i also feel that i'm wrong and that either way it will be about victor. so in the end maybe yuuko only served as the gateway to introduce yuuri's infatuation with victor since he was young...
Oct 19, 2016 10:06 PM

Apr 2015
RaySapphire said:
eternaltorture said:

Its a bit depressing whenever I think about it, How victor just let yurio leave just like that. without even saying anything whatsoever. but we'll see on the next eps.
I have to agree. This is one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to like viktor. Like wth at least give him a few words of encouragement before he goes back..
Oct 19, 2016 10:11 PM

May 2010
Raz1515 said:
RaySapphire said:

I have to agree. This is one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to like viktor. Like wth at least give him a few words of encouragement before he goes back..

Count me in as another person who can't bring themselves to like Victor... poor Yurio.
Oct 19, 2016 10:24 PM

Sep 2008
As an LGBT person, I'd love to see something come from all this subtext, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been burned too many times before, but I would really loved to be proven wrong in this case!

sidenote: totally nhf the fetishizing and homophobic undertones of a lot of the comments, but what can you do
Oct 19, 2016 10:42 PM

Aug 2008
If you just permit me to say a few words...

KYAAAAAKYAAAA
KYA
KYA
KYAAAAAAKYAAAAAAKYAAAAAA KYA KYA KYA KYA KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
KYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's how I feel about this episode, yes, sir. I absolutely adored it. Yuri-Japan was absolutely amazing! I liked Yurio a lot this episode too -but I knew he'd lose the moment he revealed his thoughts since he was not quite concentrating on the ”agape” whilst Yuri has been entirely entangled in his role (even though he made that mistake while skating). Anyhow, they were both wonderful performances, and I was surprised by Yuri's sexiness... omfg, he was indeed very eye-catching <3

And, let's not forget, Victor was as magnificent as ever... <3 Victor x Yuri still all the way for me!!! Ah, an the sequences for the next episode had me drooling. And those hugs from the third episode -wowowowowowo, Yuri-chan, you really like Victor, hahahahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHA. MWAHAHAHA. KYAAAA: Yes, I can't see it in any other way but yaoi.

Can't wait for the next episode.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Oct 19, 2016 11:07 PM

Feb 2010
The ship has sailed and there's no turning back :'(

Oct 19, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2013
This is getting gayer with each episode. And it doesn't help with Victor getting WAY too close to Japanese Yuri and Japanese Yuri learning to be feminine. The skating was cool and I love those camera angles, but damn this is getting too gay for me to watch. And it doesn't look like they'll be toning down anything. Also, the opening sequence was more complete here. And I think I noticed them repeating the same moves at least twice for each character in the opening. I'm on the border here because of all that gay.
Oct 19, 2016 11:28 PM

Dec 2014
This episode really just proved to me that this would be so much better if they removed the bad humor and let it be serious instead of using stupid jokes so often. The whole second half was damn good.
Oct 19, 2016 11:40 PM

Mar 2015
i want to know how do the skating scenes, i think that they use rotoscoping
Oct 19, 2016 11:44 PM
Jul 2018
koropokkurs said:
As an LGBT person, I'd love to see something come from all this subtext, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been burned too many times before, but I would really loved to be proven wrong in this case!

sidenote: totally nhf the fetishizing and homophobic undertones of a lot of the comments, but what can you do

I agree with you here. I hope for once they have the balls to do some actual representation than just throw us under the bus and act as if we only exist in a horny teenager's fantasy.

Aside from that the show looks promising! Many have pointed out the quality in this episode, but I believe it's because they had the pre-screening with all three episodes and thus had to rush this one. Looking forward to see if the quality is back up the next episode.

As for Viktor, I can't shake off the feeling that something is wrong. For example the scene where Yuuri hugged him I kept having the feeling that something was off, but maybe that's just me being paranoid. He didn't promise to train Yurio, only make his routine. Still ditching him like that because of his new favorite toy was a pretty nasty thing to do. We'll see what happens from here.
Oct 19, 2016 11:45 PM

Aug 2013
Yuri will turn in the most delicious Bowl of Pork Cutlet so Viktor can finally eat him =x

The Fan service is really strong in this series =\

Animation, voice acting, scenes composition and choreography area realyyyy good.
Oct 20, 2016 12:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode was "subarashi"!!!!

The last phrase of the episode, dont like:

"The battle of my last season how ice-skater had just starter"...bad premonition? O_o
Oct 20, 2016 12:09 AM

Jul 2011

As much as I love male figure skating....

THIS FKING SLAYED ME WHAT EVEN LOLOLOL.

A noticeable drop in animation quality this episode for the skating, but since they did a prescreening for the first 3 episodes I think this is understandable. (This episode was 3.5 weeks early.) I have confidence in MAPPA for animation, so I think it will be back up to pace next episode. That and they might touch up this episode for the DVD/whatever release. Fingers crossed. I sat through all the other trash stories with pretty animation from MAPPA, so let Yuri on Ice be good in both story and animation plz. <3
Oct 20, 2016 12:18 AM

Feb 2014
This was so beautifully animated and quite possibly the best looking show of the year. Man I felt so nervous when it was Yuri's turn. I don't care how gay it is because its done so well.
Oct 20, 2016 12:30 AM
Feb 2016
Kyaa~~!!! All those touches and the naked body scene~~ Full on service~~ But! Going back to the performance it is indeed beautiful and Yuuri's performance for Eros had my heart beating the whole time. It's great both Yurio and Yuuri found the one thing they need for their Agape and Eros performance although it's a bit sad that Yurio felt that he could do much better than that. This is definitely the anime that had me waiting all week yet didn't disappoint me at all. Wonder if next week there will be more fan-service >//<
Oct 20, 2016 1:14 AM
Oct 2016
eternaltorture said:
okurinn said:

Victor only promised to choreograph a short program for Yurio's senior debut if he won the junior division without doing any quads. There was never any promise to coach him nor any indication they were anything but rink mates taught by the same coach. The coaching wager was made specifically for the Hot Spring on Ice contest. In fact, as he already had a coach (Yakov), Yurio really had no need to try to get Victor in that capacity other than to deny Yuuri of his expertise and to give himself an extra boost toward winning the Grand Prix.

There's also no indication Victor wasn't equal in his treatment of the two or gave Yuuri more time or help interpreting his routine. Yurio just wasn't able to bring out what he wanted to portray in his performance as he was too distracted just trying to perform it.

And he knew he hadn't done his best despite a technically perfect performance, you could see it on his face, hear it in his thoughts. Being praised for a personally disappointing performance was a bitter pill. Then he was forced to acknowledge how well Yuuri was doing.

What did you expect Victor to do at the end? Yurio left just as Yuuri was finishing his performance. Was Victor supposed to let the audience wait around while he ran after him? If anything it was Yurio who showed poor professionalism by not sticking through the official winners announcement.

As for myself. I am enjoying this show immensely. It lives up to Victor's motto of always surprising (and delighting) the audience.
Oct 20, 2016 1:24 AM
Oct 2007
Top notch animations!! /goosebump
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2016 1:40 AM

Jan 2015
That was gay lol

Nice performance, I love Agape OST
Oct 20, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
Victor's wolf whistle. That is all.

Oct 20, 2016 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
The Victor/Yuuri was over 9000 and that's why... I feel way too overwhelmed now. I knew about this episode because of the spoilers but I have to admit that some scenes were cringeworthy and too much. Yes, I can't believe I say this as someone who enjoys fujo pandering and reads BL, but this is how I feel after this episode.

The ice skating scenes were pretty bad. Of course the animation would drop, but damn Yuri's performance while very good it made him look awful. Yuuri looked better but nothing great.

I am sad Yuri lost but I hope this serves as the start of his character development and focus. I would have liked for him to stay because I liked his mini interaction with Yuuri but I am also glad he left because it was obvious Victor would favor Yuuri over him and it wouldn't be fair training wise. I like his determination and competitve spirit to win the GPF, which I am sure he will lose, but I can't stop rooting for him.

shirley77 said:
eternaltorture said:

Victor only promised to choreograph a short program for Yurio's senior debut if he won the junior division without doing any quads. There was never any promise to coach him nor any indication they were anything but rink mates taught by the same coach. The coaching wager was made specifically for the Hot Spring on Ice contest. In fact, as he already had a coach (Yakov), Yurio really had no need to try to get Victor in that capacity other than to deny Yuuri of his expertise and to give himself an extra boost toward winning the Grand Prix.

There's also no indication Victor wasn't equal in his treatment of the two or gave Yuuri more time or help interpreting his routine. Yurio just wasn't able to bring out what he wanted to portray in his performance as he was too distracted just trying to perform it.

And he knew he hadn't done his best despite a technically perfect performance, you could see it on his face, hear it in his thoughts. Being praised for a personally disappointing performance was a bitter pill. Then he was forced to acknowledge how well Yuuri was doing.

What did you expect Victor to do at the end? Yurio left just as Yuuri was finishing his performance. Was Victor supposed to let the audience wait around while he ran after him? If anything it was Yurio who showed poor professionalism by not sticking through the official winners announcement.

As for myself. I am enjoying this show immensely. It lives up to Victor's motto of always surprising (and delighting) the audience.

I do agree with everything you said, but at the same time I also understand why some people feel this way about it. Personally, I believe Victor should have never made this competition but I also realize it's plot driven for both of the Yuris: One to find his confidence back and for the other to humble down. I am still not ok with him forgetting such an important promise and acting impulsive in general, but this is how he is. He has his flaws and he is not perfect. Even if Yuri would have won this, he wouldn't go back to Russia, I am sure. Yuri never had a chance to begin with.

I just hope now that Yuri is in Russia again and away from the other two mains, it won't mean less focus but it will probably go like that for a while. Yes, I want my fav to get a good focus and development as he is also a main, nothing wrong with this.
Makise11Oct 20, 2016 2:01 AM
Oct 20, 2016 2:15 AM

Jul 2014
I feel a little weird about Yuri on ice.

On one hand I like the ice skating and characters. They're not all perfect and they have their flaws in their own ways and the dynamic is fun. But the tones between Victor and Yuuri are throwing me off big time like, is it just some real hardcore fan service? Or is there in fact, actually something there going on here and we may see a relationship develop? I think it'd be really weird if it's just some hardcore fan service because sweet Jesus are they pushing it hard, but I digress.

This was an interesting episode. Showed us a bit more about Yurio and I think the next episode is in fact, about Yurio? If I am recalling right. So it'd gonna be interesting to see what else this show is gonna deliver.
Oct 20, 2016 2:28 AM
Sep 2011
This show gets better and better each episode...as well as more Shonen-Ai but they make it so funny and then again emotional that I'm just impressed.

The timing for comedy, emotion and long skating or talking parts is just perfect. Whoever made this show, big compliments!

I really loved that Yuri found his Eros in pork cutlet bowls although it was more like he didn't realize that it was less the food he was skating for but more the chance to skate with Viktor, his idol, for a while longer. At least that's how I interpret it. And I love their scenes before and after his performance. In the earlier episodes he was so impressed but also kinda afraid of Viktor but this episode he just HUGGED him!! (and I don't mean all this from a shonen-ai perspective but just a getting-more-self-confidence perspective)

Also the scene where they were secretly training and when Viktor came...hahahah :D I don't know why, really, but I just loved that one!!!
Oct 20, 2016 2:41 AM
May 2014
If it's not shounen ai then I don' know what it is!

THE ENTIRE EPISODE JUST KILLED ME BUT IT'S THE MOST SATISFYING DEATH EVER! \(>_<)/
Oct 20, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
This show is masterpiece! Like truly, a mix of sport, comedy, drama and never forget "gay" makes a perfect anime lol But seriously, the animation is beautiful so are the characters. I love each one of them. Best anime this season (sequels aside).
Oct 20, 2016 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
i never thought i would enjoy figure skating as much as i do in this show i don't care ifit's gay also what?!
Oct 20, 2016 3:58 AM

Jun 2016
I have never seen a none-shonen-ai-anime being so ''in your face!'' . plus: eros=sexual love. For yuri eros= katsudon. If he wins he wants to eat katsudon with Victor...Katsudon = éros = sexual love. .. Hum... At this point if you dont ship it you are eiter in denial, dumb, or homophobe.
Oct 20, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2013
At this point I am just going with that Viktor is pretty much gay and Yuri is starting to realize his bisexuality as he falls for Viktor. Those lines were just so romantically charged. Plus that smirk and little, "I'll seduce the playboy" story line that was going on in the end. God.

Animation took a turn, but I'm hoping it's because of the whole early prescreening thing people are mentioning. I want the return of the first episode quality. We'll see though!

Easily my favorite show of the season though. 10/5 for gay
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Oct 20, 2016 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
Yuko was the embodiment of me this whole damn episode.

*nosebleed*
Oct 20, 2016 5:45 AM

Apr 2016
i hate that yaoi bishounen shit in anime but this shit is tolerable even tho it hella gay
Oct 20, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2015
i've never seen any anime twice but i alREADY WANT TO REWATCH THE 3 EPISODES OF THIS ?? i love the animation, music, humor, characters and of course them yaoi vibes lol
Oct 20, 2016 7:22 AM

Aug 2016
This is so gay I love it

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Oct 20, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
SchwingBoner said:
Great performances. Yuri fantasizing about pork cutlet bowl to help his dance was just too funny. How can a 23-year old be that innocent?
I didn't expect him to choose to play the feminine role. And that wolf whistle. XD

Lol

He actually pictured Victor because right before he started his routine, we could heard him announce he knew the person he was doing this for.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Oct 20, 2016 7:55 AM

Jun 2013
I swear at the speed things are going, Victor x Yuuri are going to be canon.
I can just imagine Yuri winning the Grand Prix and Victor congratulates him with a little extra something like we can make things work together.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Oct 20, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
Damn, Yuri on Ice continues to deliver. It's obvious during the skating that Yuuri would win because Yuri wasn't skating with the right mindset.

The animation did drop a bit during Yuri's skating but given the difficulty, it's understandable.

And of course the gay undertones (can it even be called undertones at this point?) is all over in this episode. "I'm gonna be the sexiest katsudon" "I love katsudon" Come on, it's practically a love confession already.

Give me more Yuri on Ice, this is my drug of the season.

Edit: forgot to mention, hope to see more Yurio in the future. Love that tsundere.
starlightshineOct 20, 2016 8:38 AM
Oct 20, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Not even going to lie, i really enjoyed the first two episodes but i thought this was a bit overrated, my mind has changed after this episode, this was breathtaking and i can t wait to see more!
Oct 20, 2016 9:05 AM
Jun 2016
This anime is so good that I'll even turn gay for this anime.
Oct 20, 2016 9:06 AM
Feb 2014
Love the show and ice skating,but hate the unnecessary baiting, because nothing will come of it and there is no other point but to attract more audience.Not for the moments themselves but the awkwardness and pushiness of it.Some movements in the skating were really shabby, but i like the sports anime feel and concepts(eros) and i love the characters(VictorforLife).And some weird foreign moments(how japanese people see us),bet that how they will explain Victors touchy moments.Still hope that the will continue with the momentum.
Oct 20, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2016
This show is not trying to hide how gay it is at all and I love it
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
7 hours ago

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

9 by Mimi_Jazmin »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.