Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 20, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2015
This episode was great again, definitely my favorite show this season ! They even managed to make me like Yuuko and that's a big achievement knowing that I hated her during season 1...

And yeah, I think my ship is sinking more and more so I'm a bit sad, but surprisingly I'm not really bothered by that since the show is still really good in terms of plot and character devlopment. Good job KyoAni !
Oct 20, 2016 3:44 AM

Mar 2013
Though, Asuka and Yuuko should admit that the methode/idea Nozomi from Mizore to keep since Hashimoto's opinion about Mizore's oboe playing failed is - This opinion from a pro should especially for Asuka count. Because if a pro like Hashimoto says that so not good is, then must Asuka respond on that, and the risk to dare Nozomi again in the band to insert - if the welfare of the band and the success of the competition serves.
Oct 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Jun 2008
Stark700 said:
I want to protect that smile!

That smile with a bed head hair. Such a sweet and innocent angel. *happy sigh*
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 20, 2016 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
I really love this episode.
So many things revealed, about taki sensei, niiyama sensei, and also about nozomi.
Nozomi deserved it after all, she made a promise that she can't fulfill to Mizore. Who want to be betrayed? Everyone will say no even they are some masochists.

Kumiko really loves eavesdropping XD. But Tsun-Yukko noticed her lol. And then come the funny moments from her with Kumiko.
"Do you hate me? "
"I don't hate you. I just don't like you..." XD
Yukko is always funny when she talks about Kaori senpai. And kumiko terrible personality never stop to amaze me.

Reina and kumiko conversation near the end though. They are really a good couple friend.
The last scene is so beautiful yet so lonely. Asuka senpai plays like an angel in a calm forest.
Hibike euphonium 2 is still great till now and this eps is simply the best.
5/5 for this piece.
Oct 20, 2016 4:57 AM

Apr 2016
Things aren't clear around Mizore :
_ She hates competition but keeps on doing it.
_ wenn asked why, she has a flashback of her with Nozomi, like she is waiting for her to return, to fulfill the promise to win together a competition at last.
_ yet she can't stand Nozomi?
_ why is it Hashimoto sensei, not taki sensei, who notices the robotic way of playing of Mizore?
_ why does taki-sensei looks a bit worried at that very moment when Hashimoto-sensei speaks about Mizore?
_ Is she of the suicidal kind? Indeed she always make a face like she is at a funeral ... all the time.

I suppose answers will come through the season. So far I still have the feeling that some elements are missing.

I said it already, the voice actress for Kumiko is making a wonderful job : I love it. I wonder why I didn't notice earlier on the first season, is she simply even better or I needed time to notice? But overall she is not the only one, the direction taken for the voices is great. There are some who are more high-tone-childish cliche, probably to better fulfill the comedy-go-happy role, but in the end, the voice acting is stellar in this show compared to others. Kyoani is not only candy for the eye.

Last notes :
_ the disdainful high horse tone of Asuka toward Kumiko was somewhat disgraceful. Are they trying to transform Asuka (even more) in the villain of the show?
_ thanks for the ninja skills remark. She is indeed too great. That made my day.
Ysad_ZiwezhanOct 20, 2016 5:16 AM
Oct 20, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2013
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Things aren't clear around Mizore :
_ She hates competition but keeps on doing it.
_ wenn asked why, she has a flashback of her with Nozomi, like she is waiting for her to return, to fulfill the promise to win together a competition at last.
_ yet she can't stand Nozomi?

She's the root cause of all the problems here..
Actually, i didn't expect Asuka's consideration for her.. i thought Asuka despise difficult people (which what i like the most about her). but i guess the competition matters the most to Asuka.

Anyway, I pity Nozomi. She's eager to help the band and be there for Asuka's last year. They're being unfair to her, it's not like she's aiming to be a part of the competition..so Asuka-sama, please change your mind! Let her join the club, cause I think nothing will ever change or be solved if she wouldn't join the club. Mizore will remain traumatized for some unknown/irrelevant reason, she needs to get over it by facing Nozomi properly.

Stark700 said:
I want to protect that smile!

this maybe the main reason i'm watching hibike.
Erika___Oct 20, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 20, 2016 7:28 AM
Mar 2016
Asuka did the right thing by not letting Nozomi back into the band. She proved to be irresponsible and unreliable when she left the band. She doesn't know about Mizore cos she obviously never asked, never bothered to talk to her so why should she be trusted to handle things differently now? Its not Asuka's job to handle her drama, especially if she can mess up again.
Asuka cares about the band and did what was right for it. I like her character more and more with each episode *_* And her playing eupho in the end was so beautiful, that i completely forgot about KumiRei and now will just wait for her character to shine more)
(sorry for my poor English)
Oct 20, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
HatsumiShinogu said:
Did the novels officially end or will there be more?

It has officially ended. Third volume is the final volume. The fourth volume is a collection of anecdotes that ties all the volumes together and also pulls curtain to relationships.

Flora92 said:
I like her character more and more with each episode *_* And her playing eupho in the end was so beautiful, that i completely forgot about KumiRei and now will just wait for her character to shine more

Well, she is a protagonist in the novel unlike the anime (at least so far). So, I can understand why she can be such a fascinating character. Season 2 so far adapted the novel very closely to the original content with very little change. I wonder if they will change it later in the description in their official website and list her as a protagonist. KyoAni have done that in many occasions in the past. Examples are Sophia, Sou and Mochizou from some of their very recent anime when they were listed as side characters in the official website in the beginning only after being changed later on during the run of the series as the story progressed or immediately after the anime had ended. I closely follow KyoAni official websites/twitter accounts. You could say almost in a daily basis during the run of their series so I noticed those changes once they were made. I am sure there are others who have noticed that too.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 20, 2016 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
shanimebib said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
Did the novels officially end or will there be more?

It has officially ended. Third volume is the final volume. The fourth volume is a collection of anecdotes that ties all the volumes together and also pulls curtain to relationships.

Do we get to know what will happen between Taki and Reina? Do they become a couple? I don't mind spoilers.
Oct 20, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2007
HatsumiShinogu said:
shanimebib said:

Do we get to know what will happen between Taki and Reina? Do they become a couple? I don't mind spoilers.

Kore wa naisho desu~
Coronavirus.
Oct 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
In the end the reasons that keep away the senpai, who wants back in the band, are not as intriguing; I was expecting something more spicy and rough, oh well! XD
The narrative is focusing a lot of aspects of the world of music, other issues seem almost marginal. I regret this, because I think that the narrative should give more space to issues related to the characters. Would make the narrative, more dynamic and interesting. Designs and locations, excellent!
Oct 20, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
While i loved the KumikoxReina moment near the end like i always do, most of the episode honestly just made me feel really sad.
Great episode as always nonetheless.
Oct 20, 2016 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
Another great episode. =)

It was surprising to know that Taki used to be married, but it's sad that his wife died. Niyama-Sensei is married to someone else, so Reina might have a small chance of being together with Taki-Sensei.

Yuuko is proving to be much more likeable compared to her brat-ish behaviour in the first season. She does care about Mizore and wants Nozomi to stay out of the club, along with Asuka, but right now, they should do more to help Mizore, who's getting heavy criticism for her 'robotic' Oboe playing and her morale must be very low.

Kumiko's definitely going to be sticking her nose into this problem with Mizore and Nozomi until a resolution can be found. It can't stay as a stalemate forever.

On the bright side, Asuka playing her Euphonium in the empty green field at dawn was simply beautiful to behold and to listen. The interaction between Reina and Kumiko in the middle of the night was nice as well. =)

Kumiko needs a gold star performance with her ninja-like hiding skills! XD
Oct 20, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
drgy55 said:
I love this anime so much and I think I'll keep loving it regardless but... I'm starting to think you're right. I'm not completely giving up hope, but Taki-sensei is around every corner ;_;

Araragi-kun never gives up so you shouldn't either. And thanks for sharing the same sentiment that this anime has so many positives that it deserves more love than waging shipping wars!

You're right... Ararararagi-san would make sure that this love blossoms no matter what *determined face*

I can't say I wouldn't be extremely disappointed if the best couple in the show didn't come to some sort of fruition... but yes, I liked the show even before I considered the possibility of KumiRei (ie S1 EP 11) so I won't hate on it if it doesn't happen (but please Yuri gods let it happen)!
Oct 20, 2016 11:08 AM

Nov 2015
Best part of the episode for me,

Oh Kumiko-chan you sleep deprived yuri bait, nice touch to last season,

Oct 20, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
What the fuck? This is even better than the frst season so far. It's clear that they've stepped up their animation, this episode looked about (almost) as good as the footage I've seen from Koe no katachi -and that's a movie!
Oct 20, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2015
Tenryuu1 said:
And God, also this...xD

I'm speechless...xD

Best moment in this episode. :DDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 20, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2012
Taki-sensei and Kouhei-sensei from Amaama to Inazuma had more in common than similar look, they both lose their wives :(
Oct 20, 2016 1:38 PM
Nov 2015
_Hans_ said:
I have a challenge for you all.....Can you spot the Kumiko?!

i laughed so hard at this xD

great episode!
Oct 20, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2012
Glad to see that while Yuuko is still little salty that Kaori didn't play solo, she keep it to herself, as for what we heard from Asuka, take it away Cell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEIu6-lciA
Oct 20, 2016 3:38 PM

Aug 2012
-The new OP is still pretty upbeat. Hopefully they do a wind orchestra version of it at the end of the season
-The reason behind Asuka's denial of Nozomi makes sense, but it doesn't seem like the type of approach to take
-Hashimoto dude just poppin in out of nowhere
-Shimatta
-Nandesuka kore
-Looks like a web of secrets is forming around Kumiko, which isn't really what I'd like to see
-I gotta say, the music accompanying the scene where Kumiko woke up before the others was pretty moving
-Yuuko's admiration for Kaori is actually pretty heartwarming
-I loved everything about the heart-to-heart between Yuuko and Kumiko in the performance room, actually. My general opinion of Yuuko was pretty neutral after the events of last season, but that scene alone made me respect her a lot more as a character
-Bunch of varied perspectives on competitions are held by the different characters
-Some of that patented HibiYufo sound production is put on display with Asuka's performance at the end

The practice session was pretty nice for some music-based character development for Kumiko and Mizore and hearing the technical music stuff is always nice. The reason behind all of the rejoining drama makes sense, which is a characteristic that I'm glad carried over from the first season. There was also some Taki character development which will probably be expanded on later in the season. Pretty much every moment in the second half of the episode was lovely, and it was pretty nice to see the different band members' perspectives on competitions. The Yuuko scene is probably my favorite scene of the season so far because of how it pretty drastically changed my opinion of her.

Pretty good episode with a lot of meaningful moments.
Oct 20, 2016 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
Kumiko should learn to mind her own business, now she has a lot weighing on her mind.

I'm also 100% for bringing Nozomi back, but we'll have to see what other revelations are in store. Why does Mizore hate her so much?

In the Darwinian world of concert band, Reina is the Nietzschean uberfrau, but her weakness appears to be sensei.
Oct 20, 2016 7:45 PM
Aug 2014
Does anyone know how much of the novels has been adapted?
Oct 21, 2016 3:48 AM

May 2010
Reina got the style.

Kumiko knows how to motivate.

I'm liking Yuuko and Kumiko's interactions, she's not as shallow as it seemed. In-fact, she's thinking properly in her own way, also she's pretty cute. And I noticed that Kumiko is really good at getting closer with people enough to get information out of them (okay that was a bit wrong way of saying. but she's good at getting along with others)

Where the hell is Tsukamoto tho. As great as Hibike is, I'm still going to be pretty pissed off if this doesn't follow the novels and reduce him to a minor character.

Another great episode. All of time spent interacting with everyone, help Kumiko sort out her own thought as well, and bit by bit, add to her development. Love.

And we are getting some good Asuka/Kumiko this season. Makes sense considering she's her senior, and has the some position.
TragicRomanceOct 21, 2016 3:52 AM
Oct 21, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2011
3 episodes for the VAs get the natural flow again, but now it's amazing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2016
savage kumiko XDDD
Oct 21, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2015
This scene at the end of the episode * __ *
Asuka <3

Oct 21, 2016 4:28 PM

Sep 2014
As someone who's just recently caught up, I have to admit this series has been a lot more enjoyable than I expected. Probably one of the most enjoyable series this season.

However, there's one thing I have to confess... honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided a girl as young as Reina should chase after someone as "old" as Taki.

I think it would be a little easier to swallow that if Taki were in his early twenties and Reina were a third year student, although it would still find it surprising to say the least. But when you're talking about a 34-year-old guy (according to the wiki page) and a first year high school students...
Oct 21, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
FlamepriesT said:
But when you're talking about a 34-year-old guy (according to the wiki page) and a first year high school students...

The entire thought process changes when you add 5-6 years to it and it's not uncommon in countries in Asia to have a happy marriage life with an age gap. It's different in the west though.

TragicRomance said:
Where the hell is Tsukamoto tho. As great as Hibike is, I'm still going to be pretty pissed off if this doesn't follow the novels and reduce him to a minor character.

And we are getting some good Asuka/Kumiko this season. Makes sense considering she's her senior, and has the some position.

I thought Kumiko was seeing Shuuichi in the middle of the night, no? That's what Reina thought. Jokes aside, did you miss him saying "Sugei na"? :D

I wonder if they will reveal it later that Asuka is a demon that hijacks spotlights.
Coronavirus.
Oct 21, 2016 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
... I thought Kumiko was seeing Shuuichi in the middle of the night, no? That's what Reina thought....
Why?

Forget about the novels and rely only on Kumiko and Shuuichi's interactions shown so far in the two seasons of the series to justify why Reina would think or say that in this episode? What could have given Reina the impression that Kumiko would sneak out of bed for a rendezvous with Shuuichi at this point in time?

Certainly the animators have made it clear throughout the series that not every significant event is shown on screen for any number of dramatic elements unfolding but I'm still not seeing the attraction and for a number of reasons find that a thoroughly undesirable route. Offensive even, on a number of levels. As far as I'm concerned, Shuuichi cast a shadow over this series from the moment he literally did so by looking down on Kumiko in episode one, season one.

Yes, jokes aside, I'm not amused. I'm sure someone is. At my expense even. That's what it feels like anyway...
Oct 21, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2014
shanimebib said:
FlamepriesT said:
But when you're talking about a 34-year-old guy (according to the wiki page) and a first year high school students...

The entire thought process changes when you add 5-6 years to it and it's not uncommon in countries in Asia to have a happy marriage life with an age gap. It's different in the west though.

Well, there's a significant difference between a 20-year-old person (who possibly has a job and whatnot) dating someone 20 years older and 15-year-old high school student hitting on her teacher who happens to be pretty much 20 years older than her.

You could even argue that women are still allowed to get married at the age of 16 in Japan with parental consent (though I read this year that the law might change). But on average people in Japan have been getting married at the age of 30.

Anyway, this isn't really about marriage per se, so I'll leave it at that. All in all, I think the biggest factor here is that he's still her teacher, so dating at this point would be more trouble than it's worth.
Oct 22, 2016 12:57 AM

Mar 2014
3 in the morning when i watched it, lol'd hard when I saw Kumiko "hiding."

Gonna miss Asuka so much after she graduates T_T
Oct 22, 2016 1:16 AM
Dec 2008
VersoSciolto said:

Forget about the novels and rely only on Kumiko and Shuuichi's interactions shown so far in the two seasons of the series to justify why Reina would think or say that in this episode? What could have given Reina the impression that Kumiko would sneak out of bed for a rendezvous with Shuuichi at this point in time?

Not really unreasonable even Hazuki thinks that there's something going on between them. Reina sees them together occasionally like in the river area and the train ride home. In episode 8 Reina was aware of Kumiko's discomfort when Hazuki asked out Shuuichi; this persisted when they reached on top of the mountain where Reina noticed something was bugging Kumiko. Of course Kumiko has shot down the idea multiple times already and so far Shuuchi seems content with his passiveness.
Oct 22, 2016 2:41 AM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
FlamepriesT said:

TragicRomance said:

I thought Kumiko was seeing Shuuichi in the middle of the night, no? That's what Reina thought. Jokes aside, did you miss him saying "Sugei na"? :D

I wonder if they will reveal it later that Asuka is a demon that hijacks spotlights.

Now that you reminded me, I do miss it haha--but ye Reina thinking that does imply that Shuuichi is the only romantic choice for Kumiko (other than Reina herself, of-course. tho I see them as best friend/soulmates) Also Kumiko's reply was like "Tsukamoto? Damn him... I have worse problems right now... -sighs-"
TragicRomanceOct 22, 2016 2:46 AM
Oct 22, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2013
FrozenRaider said:
Best moment in this episode. :DDD

Yep, you say it. And not just she, but also Yuuko's talk-active mood and Asuka's awesome and emotional playing on the hill^_^
Oct 22, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2007
VersoSciolto said:
shanimebib said:
... I thought Kumiko was seeing Shuuichi in the middle of the night, no? That's what Reina thought....
Why?

Certainly the animators have made it clear throughout the series that not every significant event is shown on screen for any number of dramatic elements unfolding but I'm still not seeing the attraction and for a number of reasons find that a thoroughly undesirable route. Offensive even, on a number of levels. As far as I'm concerned, Shuuichi cast a shadow over this series from the moment he literally did so by looking down on Kumiko in episode one, season one.

Yes, jokes aside, I'm not amused. I'm sure someone is. At my expense even. That's what it feels like anyway...

While @gnodab covered part of the questions, I could have gone in details including episode one, season one. Damn, I wake up in the morning to see someone being hurt by one of my comments. :/

FlamepriesT said:
Anyway, this isn't really about marriage per se, so I'll leave it at that. All in all, I think the biggest factor here is that he's still her teacher, so dating at this point would be more trouble than it's worth.

The only issue is that their current relationship i.e. student-teacher. Nothing beyond that. Age has nothing to do with falling in love. It may not be comfortable for you, but I don't see any problem with age difference. Also, when I started watching Hibike! Euphonium with no prior knowledge but only watching the trailer, I was expecting there could be romance involving student-teacher and that got me excited. Although I thought it could be between Kumiko and Taki-sensei from the trailer. It's not like I have a thing for student-teacher relationship but just around that time, I was also reading a manga (and a beautiful one at it) which involved such a relationship and I was so invested to it that my heart totally shattered when the student-teacher relationship really got in their way. You know what, I couldn't even put food down my throat for a few days. Even everyone in my family noticed that I was really depressed but I didn't say anything. That was the first time I felt how cruel it was for them not being able to be together just because of the society. That's my problem. So, don't worry. :)
Coronavirus.
Oct 22, 2016 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
ThreePercent said:

-I loved everything about the heart-to-heart between Yuuko and Kumiko in the performance room, actually. My general opinion of Yuuko was pretty neutral after the events of last season, but that scene alone made me respect her a lot more as a character

Same, above all, near the vending machine she was making fun of herself (like kumiko, I didn't get she was joking at first) and with me, you always win points doing that. Furthermore she admitted indirectly (and in a cute way) she was wrong and that it was better for the band that Reina plays the solo.
It's like real life, you think someone is pretty one dimensional and predictable and discover this person is a lot more aware and clever than it first seemed and because this scene is like real life, because we discover that a side character has more to offer than always the same predictable and simplistic reactions, Hibike Euphonium is a good written show (so far, it's my opinion).
Ysad_ZiwezhanOct 22, 2016 10:31 AM
Oct 22, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2010
Kousaka_Reina said:
savage kumiko XDDD

Yeah, she's certainly not my favourite character, but I totally love her bluntly honest replies :>

animefan8800 said:
Because this is a High School band and she wants to play in it? Good reason enough! If they lose a competition big deal, they'll be good people at least.

Sure, but it's JAPAN, where they treat school seriously. Besides, if they established anything within these two seasons is that being lazy and just "having fun" isn't enough for these guys, that's literally the reason why Nozomi left in the first place (well this and getting mildly bullied) :v And I really don't see how accepting Nozomi's return would make them the "good guys". Especially when nobody forbid her that yet, she's just looking for approval.

If anything, I'm totally on board with Asuka. I'm guessing that Mizore started disliking Nozomi because she was her so-called friend, and yet she left her alone in the club, breaking their promise. I mean, sure, they should tell her the reason, and she should behave like an adult and accept it. But that's just me.

Can't wait to see how things turn out in this plot line.
Oct 22, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2007
TragicRomance said:
Now that you reminded me, I do miss it haha--but ye Reina thinking that does imply that Shuuichi is the only romantic choice for Kumiko (other than Reina herself, of-course. tho I see them as best friend/soulmates) Also Kumiko's reply was like "Tsukamoto? Damn him... I have worse problems right now... -sighs-"

Isn't she so adorable? I like her so much despite of having such a terrible personality!
Coronavirus.
Oct 22, 2016 11:13 PM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
TragicRomance said:

Isn't she so adorable? I like her so much despite of having such a terrible personality!

Ikr? I think the pluses in her personality more than make up for the bad ones--she's definitely a unique character
Oct 23, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2012
I love all the interactions between the girls, they seem so real. Kumiko is a pro hider :D
Oct 23, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
Probably the best episode in Hibike! so far. Loved the interactions, loved the animation, loved the pacing. Its great to see the second season adapt its tone to its situation- the fact that they are going to the second round of a competition. All the talk about competitions sheds light onto various characters as they explain what it means for them and how it impacts their musicianship.

The scene where Hashimoto chastised Mizore was especially well done imo. It managed to make the atmosphere feel extremely uncomfortable with simple positioning of Mizore (notice how in the many wide shots she is shown as a small figure with her head down and always out of the main areas of focus especially ear the end of the scene). It didn't resort to colour manipulation (Hibike's colour palette is very "clean") or funny angles like most shows. The superb background music added to the tension.

The final scene was definitely a mix of emotions as Kumiko said. Its also the first time we see Asuka play outside practice. The expression on her face as she played was wonderful and showed her playing freely- as if she genuinely enjoyed it. Probably one of the nicest (and certainly the prettiest) unveiling of an enigmatic character.

redtailrav said:
Kumiko should learn to mind her own business, now she has a lot weighing on her mind.

I'm also 100% for bringing Nozomi back, but we'll have to see what other revelations are in store. Why does Mizore hate her so much?

In the Darwinian world of concert band, Reina is the Nietzschean uberfrau, but her weakness appears to be sensei.

The first thing I thought when Hashimoto accidentally let slip Taki sensei's deceased wife I immediately felt bad for Kumiko since she now has two secrets to keep- one personal towards Reina and one that could break Nozomi's heart and potentially wreck the band's great omentum they've built up. Really like how Kumiko's character is developing as its very different from the first season where she mostly went with the flow in terms of the band.

I think to Mizore is siently angry at Nozomi for quitting the band after she promised they would do their best after losing their middle school competition. It will be very interesting to see her find out about the situation.

xJapaliicious said:
3 episodes for the VAs get the natural flow again, but now it's amazing!

Thought the same. Its great to hear Kurosawa Tomoyo's natural voice after 2 warm up eps :)
Oct 24, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 2014
It feels so slooooow, like it is taking forever to get to the point.
Sadly i find it slightly boring, thankfully there is pretty animation to look at :/
ClickNotOct 24, 2016 2:04 AM
Oct 25, 2016 3:28 AM

Sep 2013
ziggy_Z said:

worry not, my friend. I think the series will end when she graduates? hehe we're gonna miss all of them
Oct 25, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2014
Erika___ said:
ziggy_Z said:

worry not, my friend. I think the series will end when she graduates? hehe we're gonna miss all of them
Really? That'll be surprising if true.

Indeed we are :(
Oct 25, 2016 11:18 AM
Jan 2016
I totally thought it was going to be Taki-sensei playing that Euph. Kinda disappointed lol.
I feel sorry for Kumiko, now she has two secrets to keep...
Oct 25, 2016 9:54 PM
Aug 2016
So Taki sensei is 34 years old !!!!
I thought before this episode that he is like twenty four years old. Reina, it will be difficult for you :(

This episode was very good. I love the competition discussion and the different point of view which is for me the metaphore that if you want to be a part of the society, you will be judge by the other and this judgement will decide many things in your life (even if hiike was a masterpiece, if people don't understand it, there would be no season 2), that means the other are our mirror and we can only observe yourself through them. And it's a hard fact to admitt : if you have special taste, it will be hard for you, I do have you to adapt to the taste of other people or assume your own vision.
The anwser of Reina is obvious : I want to become special. With all her confidence, she thinks she can prove to the other, how her vision is amazing, so she is not afraid to be judge by the other, she will win whatever happen, and if she loses, she will just work harder.

I love the development of Kumiko (I don't hate you but I just don't like you. It's a sentence that old Kumiko would have never say, not even imagine to say ). Like Saphirre, i love the unsecure Kumiko part, but I like to see her grow up. She is a so lovable character.

One bad point for me confirmed with this episode, it the disappearance of Saphirre and Hazuki (and shuichi) in this season. Kumiko is alone in the main plot of the story (already two secret to keep). Even Reina is outside. In was not the case in the 1st season. In the 1st season, the anime progress in three plot, which point to the same direction : the past of Kumiko and her inconfidence, the band stuff, and Reina relationship.
In this season 2, for me, the reina plot is totaly deconnected to the main plot, so this season seems more linear. And there also too much KumiRei bait for me. The season 1 for was perfect in this point, because all the KumikoREi scene have an importance for the main plot, but here, it seems more fanservice thant anythings else (but i like kumi rein friendships, so)
zudaOct 25, 2016 10:15 PM
Oct 27, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2015
Girls in the east sure live life in a tiresome way...undertones, politics, relations, tension...

Hasn't really taken off yet IMO, the production is more artsy and all worked up, a little overly so I think considering it's just the buildup
Oct 28, 2016 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
I like how Oumae chaining all that questions to other persons, so she can find another answer. And, how would you end this Oumae?
Oct 29, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like Kumiko has her hands full with two main drama (teacher's wife passing away, why Nozomi isn't allowed to rejoin the club), I wonder how she will handle both.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

286 by Fikxz-Kun »»
Apr 15, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

shanimebib - Dec 21, 2016

228 by teraphIl1000 »»
Mar 25, 11:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.