Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2016
It's about damn time. Still would have liked to see the first game on the PC, but oh well.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52676/
Oct 18, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
I hope it's completely seperate from Redemption. Jack Marston was a total fag.
Oct 18, 2016 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
I'm disappointed in the numbering. Numbered titles are trite and I'm not sure I like the idea of another redemption story. The opposite might have been nice, like "Red Dead Damnation" or "The Red Dead and Damned." I really hope you don't play as John Marston again.

Looks like they're pretending again that it's not gonna come out on PC, making people buy the game again six months to a year later.

Hopefully, it plays more responsively than RDR and GTA V and has a better story. I'm sure it will be dragged out, though.

Oct 18, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
Yes!!!
Red Dead Redemption is one of my all time favorites . Totally hyped for this.
And yes i hope it's a separate thing as John Marston's story came to a conclusion in the first RDR .
Shishou_23Oct 19, 2016 1:13 AM
Oct 18, 2016 10:43 AM
Oct 18, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
I began saying the same thing about GTA V after months and months and months and a remaster without any word of a PC version. Shows me. They want people to double dip.

If it doesn't, not a big deal. GTA V was mediocre and RDR wasn't much better.

Oct 18, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
I don't get the big fuss. RDR was an okay game. The atmosphere was lovely, but the story was all over the place. It was so... disconnected. The story is basically 3 mini-episodes with little connection to one another.

Basically this has been the case with most recent R* games.
End Zionazism
Oct 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
Red Dead Redemption was a great game, I put a lot of time into it. Unfortunately, no PC port means no sale for me. I don't want to play it in 30fps, fuck that.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Oct 18, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Maybe a reboot or a new character because the main character dies in the last mission.
I liked it, not too much but it was ok.
Oct 18, 2016 2:35 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome. Been waiting for this game.
themanualreader@proton.me
Oct 18, 2016 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
95PercentCaim said:

Sorry fam the guy on the left of the picture looks like Marston and the fifth guy from left to right looks like Bill Williamson. I'd say 80% chance it's a prequel and 20% chance it's something new.
Oct 18, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
policemanking said:
95PercentCaim said:

Sorry fam the guy on the left of the picture looks like Marston and the fifth guy from left to right looks like Bill Williamson. I'd say 80% chance it's a prequel and 20% chance it's something new.
Jack Marston is John Marston's kid.
Oct 18, 2016 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
95PercentCaim said:
policemanking said:

Jack Marston is John Marston's kid.

Ah woops sorry mixed up my shit. Anyways Redemption 1 happens during the final years of Western so there's no way we'll get to play as Jack. It's either a prequel or a complete new thing.
removed-userOct 18, 2016 8:02 PM
Oct 19, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
Oh it better be something new.
Oct 19, 2016 3:25 PM

Nov 2012
fuck i hope they release a remaster for the first for the ps4 since i havent played the first one.
RX-782Oct 19, 2016 4:12 PM
Oct 19, 2016 5:35 PM

Aug 2016
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
Red Dead Redemption was a great game, I put a lot of time into it. Unfortunately, no PC port means no sale for me. I don't want to play it in 30fps, fuck that.

You'll probably be able to play in 60 FPS on the "elite" versions of the new consoles. =/

@RX-782

It still holds up and looks decent on the PS3. But yeah.. a remaster would be cool. The zombie mode DLC was awesome.
Oct 19, 2016 5:46 PM

Nov 2008
JunkYardHiro said:
@RX-782

It still holds up and looks decent on the PS3. But yeah.. a remaster would be cool. The zombie mode DLC was awesome.
No, it doesn't. It's blurry as shit, not even 720p. An eyesore that you have to get used to.

Oct 19, 2016 5:54 PM

Aug 2016
Ezekiel said:
JunkYardHiro said:
@RX-782

No, it doesn't. It's blurry as shit, not even 720p. An eyesore that you have to get used to.

Adjust your television set and stop spreading lies.
Oct 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Sep 2016
This is the only time I'm happy to have a next-gen console that so far do not show any innovation, I hope that Rockstar take this burden from me. Not satisfied myself or with Mafia III.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 19, 2016 8:02 PM

Jan 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

You'll probably be able to play in 60 FPS on the "elite" versions of the new consoles. =/

Yeah really, "elite". I shouldn't have to buy a more powerful PS4 that shouldn't even be sold in the first place when I have an even better PC to play it on already. R* is really starting to drop on the list of good developers for me; first they shit on GTA online and now they want double sales from PC owners.

I won't be buying it unless its on PC, sorry R*, but fuck you.
the40ftbadger said:
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Oct 19, 2016 8:46 PM

May 2015
may have to start playing ps4 again just for this.

god damm I miss the old days
Oct 19, 2016 8:56 PM

Mar 2014
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
JunkYardHiro said:

Yeah really, "elite". I shouldn't have to buy a more powerful PS4 that shouldn't even be sold in the first place when I have an even better PC to play it on already. R* is really starting to drop on the list of good developers for me; first they shit on GTA online and now they want double sales from PC owners.

You couldn't even buy Red Dead Revolver or Red Dead Redemption on PC either. What next, are you going to start complaining that Bayonetta must come to PC or Uncharted? It's a console exclusive and has always been, use your head and make a decision. Don't be a fool.
Oct 19, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2015
sullynathan said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

You couldn't even buy Red Dead Revolver or Red Dead Redemption on PC either. What next, are you going to start complaining that Bayonetta must come to PC or Uncharted? It's a console exclusive and has always been, use your head and make a decision. Don't be a fool.

No, you couldn't. That's the problem. A Triple-A developer that isn't in a particular console's back-pocket shouldn't be releasing games only on both consoles and not on PC. I don't see the point when nearly every other IP they own is on PC.

The way I see it, they'll delay the PC version so they can make double sales off of the people that buy it, and that's just being a scummy company. Couple that with their under-handed handling of GTA Online, and they have lost a lot of respect from me.

They are still better than EA and Ubisoft at this point, but i'm having doubts on their character.
the40ftbadger said:

Oct 19, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2014
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
sullynathan said:

No, you couldn't. That's the problem. A Triple-A developer that isn't in a particular console's back-pocket shouldn't be releasing games only on both consoles and not on PC. I don't see the point when nearly every other IP they own is on PC.

The way I see it, they'll delay the PC version so they can make double sales off of the people that buy it, and that's just being a scummy company. Couple that with their under-handed handling of GTA Online, and they have lost a lot of respect from me.

They are still better than EA and Ubisoft at this point, but i'm having doubts on their character.

It is not a problem that a game isn't available on your platform of choice. You can be butthurt about it, give up chances of playing the game or get it on the platform that it is on.

Everyone now thinks R* will delay RDR2 for PC because they did it for GTA V. I'm not ruling it out, but it seems to me that people that are new to this series somehow forget that this is a decade old franchise that has never come on PC before. They shouldn't hold their breath if it doesn't come on PC. After all, people thought RDR would eventually release on PC and almost a decade later, it didn't.

R* only made double sales by releasing on new consoles, not PC.
Oct 19, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
sullynathan said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

It is not a problem that a game isn't available on your platform of choice. You can be butthurt about it, give up chances of playing the game or get it on the platform that it is on.

Everyone now thinks R* will delay RDR2 for PC because they did it for GTA V. I'm not ruling it out, but it seems to me that people that are new to this series somehow forget that this is a decade old franchise that has never come on PC before. They shouldn't hold their breath if it doesn't come on PC. After all, people thought RDR would eventually release on PC and almost a decade later, it didn't.

I still don't see a reason why it shouldn't be on PC besides precedent. That's literally the stupidest reason to not release a game multiplat. However if they are accepting money from console companies, I can see that as a reason.

Anyways, depending on how the situation goes and how Rockstar plays this whole thing out, I may not even buy the game on PC if it ever releases on it. Company character is just as important to me as the game. When it comes out for consoles and people have fun playing it and it turns out great, then great for them. And great for me for not supporting something that goes against my opinions.

And R* made double sales off of the PC release because of people that were forced to buy the game for last-gen consoles because they wanted it so bad on PC but settled for last-gen. Then when a PC version was released they grabbed it to play it on their PCs.
the40ftbadger said:

Oct 19, 2016 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
sullynathan said:

I still don't see a reason why it shouldn't be on PC besides precedent. That's literally the stupidest reason to not release a game multiplat. However if they are accepting money from console companies, I can see that as a reason.

Anyways, depending on how the situation goes and how Rockstar plays this whole thing out, I may not even buy the game on PC if it ever releases on it. Company character is just as important to me as the game. When it comes out for consoles and people have fun playing it and it turns out great, then great for them. And great for me for not supporting something that goes against my opinions.

And R* made double sales off of the PC release because of people that were forced to buy the game for last-gen consoles because they wanted it so bad on PC but settled for last-gen. Then when a PC version was released they grabbed it to play it on their PCs.
They sold about 6 million copies on PC after selling 60 million on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 & Xbox One. I don't think thats double.
Oct 19, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2008
I've often seen people on forums say they bought GTA V again when it came out on PC. They obviously delayed the PC version so long because of double dippers.

There's no reason not to port RDR2, especially if it's not using that rumored mess of an engine that RDR supposedly had. They should just outsource it if they don't wanna do the work.

Oct 20, 2016 2:19 AM

Oct 2014
A PC release seems unlikely for now but way more possible than one for the first game. The first game was notoriously mismanaged and there's that rumor that the source code was fucked up which maybe wasn't even true. But whatever the case, Rockstar might pull a GTA V again and this time, there wouldn't be much of a wait because there's no need to optimize the game for two generations of consoles. And not to mention, the PC version of GTA V was the best experience of the game.

I'm not holding my breathe, though. If it comes out on PC, good. If it doesn't, I'll be very disappointed but I'll move on. It's stupid to think I can't have fun on the PC just because two or three games are console exclusives.
Oct 20, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2007
> cover art
> contains 7 freaking characters
> Not a single female

Geeeeee, FFXV's sausagefest is setting a bad trend.

here I thought Rockstar would be smarter with RDR2.
Well there's still trailer tomorrow. Still hoping for gender select feature for protagonist and stuff.

Not that there's much to expect considering the absolute mess that was RDR1's development and how they did dirty the dev who literally pulled RDR through to release.
Oct 20, 2016 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
I loved RDR

The poster feels like its giving off a Magnificent Seven vibe. It would be crazy if you could switch between seven characters in the same vein as GTA V

Hyped for the upcoming trailer!
Oct 20, 2016 4:13 AM

Oct 2014
Fai said:
> cover art
> contains 7 freaking characters
> Not a single female

Geeeeee, FFXV's sausagefest is setting a bad trend.

here I thought Rockstar would be smarter with RDR2.
Well there's still trailer tomorrow. Still hoping for gender select feature for protagonist and stuff.
'

To be fair, the old West wasn't exactly kind to women, real life or fiction. Even in the movies, women are relegated to roles like the saloon girl or the once in a while tough girl with a gun trope. Sure, this is a video game so maybe they can avert the trope that women are going to be damsels in distress or easy targets once again.

lab_coat said:
I loved RDR

The poster feels like its giving off a Magnificent Seven vibe. It would be crazy if you could switch between seven characters in the same vein as GTA V

Wow, I didn't see that at first. Really looks like they are paying tribute to the Magnificent Seven.
Oct 20, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
Khaosman-ADVENT said:

To be fair, the old West wasn't exactly kind to women, real life or fiction. Even in the movies, women are relegated to roles like the saloon girl or the once in a while tough girl with a gun trope. Sure, this is a video game so maybe they can avert the trope that women are going to be damsels in distress or easy targets once again.

Its exactly because Old West was "not kind to women" that it could be VERY meaty story.

If real world had figures like Anne Oakley, Poker Alice, Belle Starr, Cattle Kate, Calamity Jane, etc, then a fictional video game SURELY can do something with the subject...especially since quite a bit of Wild West period coincided with Women's Suffrage movement.
Oct 20, 2016 6:29 AM

Jan 2015
sullynathan said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

They sold about 6 million copies on PC after selling 60 million on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 & Xbox One. I don't think thats double.

I didn't mean they sold twice as many copies on PC as consoles, I meant that they got most of those 6 million people to buy the game twice; once on last-gen consoles because they couldn't wait for the game and then again when it finally hit PC. R* double-dipped on the same game for the PC community, and i'd be willing to bet that they'll do it again.
the40ftbadger said:

Oct 20, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
@UAC doubtful

Ezekiel said:
I've often seen people on forums say they bought GTA V again when it came out on PC. They obviously delayed the PC version so long because of double dippers.

There's no reason not to port RDR2, especially if it's not using that rumored mess of an engine that RDR supposedly had. They should just outsource it if they don't wanna do the work.
of course some bought it again on pc, it doesn't imply it sold double.
Oct 20, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2008
I was dreaming of a female protagonist myself, but I'm not gonna criticize them for something so petty. I will say, though, that Rockstar's games need better representation of women, if only for variety in their secondary characters. At least the few women in RDR weren't annoying, stupid bitches like in GTA IV and V.

Oct 24, 2016 6:59 PM

Oct 2016
Ezekiel said:
I was dreaming of a female protagonist myself, but I'm not gonna criticize them for something so petty. I will say, though, that Rockstar's games need better representation of women, if only for variety in their secondary characters. At least the few women in RDR weren't annoying, stupid bitches like in GTA IV and V.

If you look at the trailer closely a woman is part of the posse. GTA 5 had 3 playable characters so.. having a female protagonist might not be out of the realm of possibilities.
Oct 24, 2016 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
saw a trailer just right now on tv and got a little excited, but then it said
"FALL 2017 PRE-ORDER NOW"
lol fuck off ty

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Oct 24, 2016 9:33 PM

May 2015
the trailer is so hype even though its mostly just the map
god damm im for sure gonna go back to video games for this
Oct 25, 2016 4:37 AM
May 2009
I am looking forward to this.
But I hope they add more to it.
I would like more random encounters, More Bounty Hunting.
Side missions were you can be deputized.
Be hired to do Hijack, Bank Robbery, etc missions.
Oct 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2016
Does this game is in the GOTY 2017? I hope the R * take the prize home and finally have a console to play the new generation.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 25, 2016 8:50 AM

Oct 2016
A 2017 release date would make it available for Project Scorpio and Playstation Pro. I'm wondering how it's going to look on those systems.

More topics from this board

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - 2 hours ago

1 by Timeline_man »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

46 by 0arche »»
3 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
6 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 10 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
Today, 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.