Forums
New
Oct 18, 2016 5:01 AM

May 2014
and before topic itself triggers you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2016 5:03 AM

Nov 2009
Define "triggers", because I feel that you're not using the word's proper meaning.
Oct 18, 2016 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
Define "triggers", because I feel that you're not using the word's proper meaning.
literally cause post traumatic stress disorder
Oct 18, 2016 5:17 AM

Nov 2009
romagia said:
flannan said:
literally cause post traumatic stress disorder

I think it's unlikely that we will receive a positive answer in this thread with this definition. That's why I asked for the definition OP used.
Oct 18, 2016 5:41 AM

May 2014
flannan said:

More or so just something that sets you off. Something to where no matter what it just doesn't sit well with you.
Oct 18, 2016 6:00 AM

Aug 2014
None, Anime doesn't trigger me.
Some Anime fans do.
Oct 18, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2015
After clicking this thread, I feel triggered and also a bait thread...
Oct 18, 2016 6:11 AM

May 2014
I'd have to agree... In fact some of my close friends do some questionable things regarding anime...
Oct 18, 2016 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
It doesn't trigger me, but fanservice makes me facepalm, angry, or I just endure it, even enjoy it if I'm watching an ecchi anime. But if I'm watching an anime for the story and I see fanservice...
Oct 18, 2016 6:22 AM

May 2014
Lord_Sithis said:
It doesn't trigger me, but fanservice makes me facepalm, angry, or I just endure it, even enjoy it if I'm watching an ecchi anime. But if I'm watching an anime for the story and I see fanservice...

Totally understandable. I realize most fanservice is there to attract viewers, but sometimes I feel like it tarnishes some anime, ie. Code Geass, Mirai Nikki.
Oct 18, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
People who score like this:

10: The best
9: Good
8: Didn't like it
7-1: Never use
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 18, 2016 6:45 AM

Feb 2013
I also get triggered by fanservice in not ecchi anime and Kyoani in general triggers me

Oct 18, 2016 6:50 AM
Aug 2015
RyanSAngel said:
and before topic itself triggers you.

Lol I bet feminists/SJW will say fanservce
Oct 18, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2009
RyanSAngel said:
flannan said:

More or so just something that sets you off. Something to where no matter what it just doesn't sit well with you.

Among the fans, I hate those people who claim that on seeing a fanservice scene, they terminate all thought processes, lose track of the plot, and/or stop seeing the character so featured as a person.
Just... what the fuck? Have they ever been to the beach? Or even outside in summer? Are they real-life tsundere, and randomly attack people when any fanservice happens?

Among anime itself... I'm bad with male homosexuality (because I'm a straight male), bad with emotionally intense shows like the most praised shoujo/josei anime (maybe for the same reason, maybe because I'm myself and possibly have psychological issues), bad with guro (because I'm sane), but that's not what I would call "triggers". My IRL phobias don't usually affect me in anime.
I can get very angry when anime goes against my beliefs, though. For example, when people with authority clearly abuse it (like banning relationships in school - obviously school authorities can have no right to influence students' personal lives). Ten times as angry when the show doesn't point out that these people and their deeds are horrible.
Oct 18, 2016 8:28 AM

May 2016
Fanbase/viewers: Old/New anime = bad. You may not like them, but I don't agree with the blanket statement of all anime made before/after a certain year is automatically better.

Anime: Any anime that involves; scissor blades, the slaying of ninjas, a cop with his head engulf with the flames of hell, super powers not being that special in everyday life, scars that transfers pain to a group of people, small witches in a school, a news app featuring dolls that try to improve peoples lives, promotional videos for video games/LN, music videos and a normal girl trying to live her normal life*.
TakenMalUsernameOct 18, 2016 8:34 AM
Oct 18, 2016 8:31 AM

Oct 2007
Lol @ the misuse of the word trigger. Sasuga MAL.

In terms of things that get on my nerves with regards to anime, my current one is fans who claim to hate all anime and its existence. Sure you do, hence why you watch it and frequent an anime forum. Its just boring.
Oct 18, 2016 8:34 AM

May 2014
Kuromii said:

In terms of things that get on my nerves with regards to anime, my current one is fans who claim to hate all anime and its existence. Sure you do, hence why you watch it and frequent an anime forum. Its just boring.

Triggered of my use of the word trigger?
Oct 18, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
Does this work?

Try and see! Might work for you.
Oct 18, 2016 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
RyanSAngel said:
Kuromii said:

Triggered of my use of the word trigger?

Massively so.

But nothing triggers me quite like the 30 character limit.
Oct 18, 2016 8:40 AM

Jul 2015
feministes who call everyone who avoid their fujobait anime a homophobe
but nothing trigger me more than a dense beta mc who chose the wrong girl
Oct 18, 2016 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
@RyanSAngel
To be honest, the only anime-related subject that really gets a knee-jerk reaction out of me is the anime community's general social incompetence. I hate when cringy awkward shit happens like welcome to the NHK.

badwolf45f said:
I also get triggered by fanservice in not ecchi anime and Kyoani in general triggers me

What's wrong with KyoAni?
They're one of the few selfish studios out there that generally pursues artistic expression over dolla dolla bills.

tragedydesu said:
feministes who call everyone who avoid their fujobait anime a homophobe
but nothing trigger me more than a dense beta mc who chose the wrong girl

Hahahaha beta mc who chooses the wrong girl.

For me, if that's anyone besides the cool and quite one I get mad. She never wins though :(
Oct 18, 2016 9:15 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Moe/ecchi haters and just general sjw bullshit... if that wasn't obvious lol
Oct 18, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2015
People complaining about about fanservice, rating the anime poorly because of it, and then continuing on to watch another show they already know full well is packed with fanservice.
Oct 18, 2016 9:24 AM
Feb 2015
FullMetalAlchemistBrotherhood best anime ever is an insta trigger for me
Oct 18, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
Well best girl topics does.We all know my waifu is the best so why we have to argue about it?
Oct 18, 2016 9:29 AM

Feb 2016
RyanSAngel said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Totally understandable. I realize most fanservice is there to attract viewers, but sometimes I feel like it tarnishes some anime, ie. Code Geass, Mirai Nikki.

Youre implying they had something going on aside of that?
OT: I despise sexualized lolis and their fans and their generic defenses like 'youre (sexually) insecure, thats why you cant jerk off to 8 y/o, its not like theyre real so why wouldnt I fantasize'. Some people overhyping anime so much its bitter and then comes the sweet cringe.
Still its nowhere near being triggered to the lvl of some real life problems :)

Oh, I forgot Toei triggers me the most of all things.
SpaghettiSpikeOct 18, 2016 2:23 PM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 18, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
DoctorSexy said:

Yep, you guessed it.

flannan said:

Among the fans, I hate those people who claim that on seeing a fanservice scene, they terminate all thought processes, lose track of the plot, and/or stop seeing the character so featured as a person.

Ouch. Hate is a little too much, no? I can understand the kind of people that pisses you off and why you don't like them at all, but in my opinion when fanservice is overused in non hentai shows. They just become pointless and annoying (of course it depends on how much it's overused).
I'm not agreeing with those kind of people that you're referring to. Fanservice is good to show in anime because we all judge characters and people based on the appearances, but come on are you gonna watch an anime with a story to be immersed or are you gonna watch panty shots and boobs bouncing every 5 minutes? If you're that thirsty just go for hentai.

I feel so triggered whenever I see overused and unnecessary fanservice either being directed towards the male or the female audience so don't go thinking I'm a feminist or a biased person that can only judge anime based on prejudice. I didn't really like Free! or Kuroko no Basket and they show a bunch of sweaty man muscles from many angles ^^
Fairy Tail is definitely a fanservice anime and I watched more than 100 episodes until I dropped. The story was entertaining but the fanservice was too much for me....Ezra's ridiculous armor improved the quality of the show...because we all know that a bikini can protect more skin than an armor. Bikinis got that magical bubble protecting them -.-
This is just one example among others (specially among harem and shonen).
I think that if an anime shows so much fanservice to the point that the basic structure of the anime consists of boobage and ass it just becomes garbage and a waste of time. Besides the overuse of fanservice is normally used in animes with no story line to atrack audience and to keep people watching. To me that's just despicable and stupid. Nowadays either the show is good or it has fanservice to cover up the mess :/

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
If the past makes you wanna die out of regret and future makes you depressed out of anxiety then by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Oct 18, 2016 9:45 AM

Sep 2015
The MAL anime discussion threads triggers me. And I'm still not sure why I keep coming back to this place every single day.
Oct 18, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
The fact that anime fans are so easily triggered. That and the overuse of time skips.
Take care of yourself

Oct 18, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2009
XxValentinaxX said:
DoctorSexy said:

Yep, you guessed it.

flannan said:

Ouch. Hate is a little too much, no? I can understand the kind of people that pisses you off and why you don't like them at all, but in my opinion when fanservice is overused in non hentai shows. They just become pointless and annoying (of course it depends on how much it's overused).

Maybe. Sorry if I used too harsh words.
You are free to think that some shows overuse fanservice (although I reserve this statement for Najika Blitz Tactics), I was specifically talking about people who cannot tolerate a single pantyshot or a close-up of breasts.
Oct 18, 2016 1:30 PM
Dec 2014
Evangelion. Seeing that show mentioned triggers me every time.
Oct 18, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
kamisama751 said:
When people associate my hobby with those god damn mouse pads from japan in a way. God...

Stop pretending like you don't have an oppai pad.

They're good for your wrist you know!
Oct 18, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
The word "triggered" triggers me.
I prefer provoked, upset, or rustled my jimmies.
Oct 18, 2016 1:42 PM

May 2015
>people constantly complaining about any sexual thing in anime at all
>people constantly complaining about "sjw/feminist" strawmens who are complaining about any sexual thing in anime at all
>people complaining about any show that has a male cast that is not constantly illustrating how obviously straight and not fujobait they are
>people who use extremely shitty anime jokes that have been beaten to death with a dead horse like "ay lmao cory no pico in the house is greatest anime ever made hahahah" "i watch ecchi for the PLOOOOOOT AHAHAHA GET IT PLOT BECAUSE BOOBS AND PLOT IS THE STORY BUT I ONLY WATCH IT FOR BOOBS IM SO FUNNY AHHHHAAHAHA"
>people who use the word trigger seriously
>the people who are going to take the above statement as the "evil dumb sjw usage of trigger" meaning of trigger and not what I meant, the actual usage
>people who are going to fill their posts with non anime-related triggers
>the people who are going to say I put non-anime related triggers
>the people who use images from fma 2003 when they are only referring to fma:b

actually, fuck everything else, only the last one truly triggers me.
-Rainy-Oct 18, 2016 1:48 PM
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 18, 2016 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
I don't have PTSD, so it's not possible for me to be triggered by anything.

Unless you're talking about that other kind of "triggered". Just say your mad, or something.
mascarponeOct 18, 2016 1:55 PM
Oct 18, 2016 1:53 PM

Jul 2016
flannan said:

Maybe. Sorry if I used too harsh words.
You are free to think that some shows overuse fanservice (although I reserve this statement for Najika Blitz Tactics), I was specifically talking about people who cannot tolerate a single pantyshot or a close-up of breasts.

It's fine and yes I can understand why you would not like people like that. Just like you said they wouldn't have that same reaction if they were on the beach seeing all the exposed skin. From what I see they're just immature (and innocent I guess?) and should definitely avoid ecchi anime instead of wasting time grumbling about it.
Then again MAL is a place where everyone can express their opinion.
Even though they are cringy af So unfortunately we are gonna see many people nagging how bouncing boobs are ofensive or whatever

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
If the past makes you wanna die out of regret and future makes you depressed out of anxiety then by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Oct 18, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
People have opinions, and for each i have a certain amount of shit i don't give, unless constructive. Try approaching life that way.
Oct 18, 2016 2:13 PM

Oct 2015
I have a lot of pet peeves - mostly lazy-ass writing, but none I think are specific to anime.

flannan said:

Just... what the fuck? Have they ever been to the beach? Or even outside in summer? Are they real-life tsundere, and randomly attack people when any fanservice happens?
Have you ? been to a populated beach ?
Next time, bring some binoculars and generally try to show a behaviour equivalent to those "pantsu-shots", you know, when the camera - completely independently of what happens or not in the anime - goes out of its way to peek under this girl's skirt or onto that girl's cleavage.

I guarantee you'll get a good beating, for free.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Oct 18, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
The awful grammar in this thread triggered me, thanks OP.
The anime community is pretty triggering depending on how deep you get into it.
Oct 18, 2016 2:15 PM

Jan 2015
Klassical said:
None, Anime doesn't trigger me.
Some Anime fans do.
Pretty much. There are parts of the anime industry that I dislike, but nothing triggers me. But damn, some of you people do a great job of it.
Oct 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)fantasy + not(shoujo + yaoi)
Oct 18, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2015
mob psycho is bad because of the art.
Oct 18, 2016 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
Just gonna be honest about it, I'm not a fan of Yaoi or Yuri Anime. I just simply ignore them and move on with my life and find something else that I'd like to watch instead.
Oct 18, 2016 4:12 PM
Jul 2016
Jokes about boobs or how something looks like boobs or other sexual body parts triggers me.

Also K-On! I am not joking here, this is 100% not funny. If you laugh screw you. K-On! is the closest I've ever been to committing suicide. I dropped into extreme depression and despair in a matter of minutes. I had a total Rick Sanchez melt down screaming "I didn't ask to be born." while I was downing absynthe like air. K-On! is the most depressing thing I've ever seen.
Oct 18, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2008
Non-hentai with a sunk ships and/or NTR feeling themes.

Also yellow subtitles.
Oct 18, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2015
mascarpone said:

Unless you're talking about that other kind of "triggered". Just say your mad, or something.

but that's not cool, bro!

I am "triggered" by certain aspects of the anime fanbase (and not the aspects you may typically think of when it comes to negative stigma surrounding anime fans) but I'm sure everyone here knows where my loyalties lie by now.
Oct 18, 2016 5:00 PM

Oct 2016
Kirouch said:

You don't really have a right to criticise fullmetal alchemist brotherhood fans when your favourite anime is sword art online...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2015
Ingr1d said:
Kirouch said:

You don't really have a right to criticise fullmetal alchemist brotherhood fans when your favourite anime is sword art online...

Nope, he does. Anyone can criticise anything.
Oct 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
Lobinde said:
mascarpone said:

but that's not cool, bro!

I am "triggered" by certain aspects of the anime fanbase (and not the aspects you may typically think of when it comes to negative stigma surrounding anime fans) but I'm sure everyone here knows where my loyalties lie by now.
Fine, fine. ¬_¬ I'm triggered by people who deluded themselves into thinking anime was better in the past.
Oct 18, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2014
inb4 fanbase defending shit writing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

16 by -Aurelius- »»
27 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

41 by cody »»
39 seconds ago

» Guess the Deadly Sin of your Favorite characters in your profile

IpreferEcchi - Apr 9

21 by BlueBullet178 »»
44 seconds ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

50 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

27 by BlueBullet178 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.