Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2016 9:57 PM

Aug 2009
So me and my friend were talking about pickup and I was saying how I thought it was kind of BS and women don't really show interest in me anyway/I don't really get those sort of opportunities, but I don't really have problems talking to girls if I need to (I used to have pretty bad social anxiety though, but lets not get into that).

So yeah I end up telling him about some conversations I had with girls outside of work, cause I have to talk to all kinds of people at my job anyway and that doesn't really count, but yeah first one was this girl in one of my classes, never talked to her before, she asked me for notes. So she ended taking some pictures of my notes, which were honestly really general and messy... I don't think they helped much. Anyway afterword she seemed a bit disappointed and frankly I don't feel like she was even looking at the notes before taking pictures of them. Of course my friends response to this "omg she didn't want the notes, she wanted the D!".

Second instance was a girl at the gym. I like to keep my myself at the gym, I rarely talk to people unless I'm working out with a friend or something. So this girl starts working out on the bench next to me while there are other benches free that were atleast one bench away. Anyway I didn't think much of it, but she kinda kept looking at me, but I was kinda semi-staring at her, she was kinda cute and it's I can't really control where my eyes wander. Anyway I move around a lot and I notice she's always kind of close by and this is a fairly large gym. So then at one point she asks how many sets I have... on the preacher curl. This is like a kind of hard-core exercise for the biceps. This girl wasn't that big and I don't wanna be judgmental, but I've never seen a girl on the preacher curl before this. So I tell her I was about done and I get that same... like disappointed look. I admit it was kinda creepy but I kept her in my peripheral vision and watched her as she did the preacher curl and it was honestly kinda hilarious... she stopped after 1 set. Anyway my friend pretty much had the same reaction as the first girl and told me something a long the lines of I needed to have my dick removed for being so dense.

This is just one day, this sort of thing might happen like maybe 4 or 5 times a week to me and I didn't really think about it in that way. Also a note about the second girl, eventually some dude ended up talking to her, not sure if she was acquainted with him before, but they kinda ended hanging for the remainder of the time I was at the gym. So I guess she kinda just wanted attention from someone and I guess it just goes to show, if it's not you it's gonna be someone else.

I didn't bother to get either of these girls names, let alone phone number or any sort of contact info. Anyway yeah, am I dense and should feel bad and have my dick removed or some shit?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 17, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2016
To me, having no experience with relationships and having been told similar things before, it seems like they were just checking you out—looking to see if you'd make a good boyfriend. I think people tend to rush into shallow relationships far too quickly, so given that these women stopped being interested after they got past their first impressions of you, I think it's a good thing that you didn't end up with any sort of relationship. That said, it would probably be to your benefit if you express some interest in anyone you would consider going out with, if you want to be in a relationship—just remember that, just as with you, being too indirect could cause a misunderstanding or a complete lack of response. I think it's better to immediately interact with them directly, become friends with them, and then ask them out; going out based on first impressions alone is a stupid idea if you really want something that'll last.
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
Oct 17, 2016 10:08 PM

Sep 2016
Tl;dr

Yes your dense. I agree with your friend.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2015
First instance. Doubt it.

Second instance. Get your dick removed.
Oct 17, 2016 10:13 PM

Jul 2015
Takoyaki_sama said:
Tl;dr

Yes your dense. I agree with your friend.

That fucking gif....

OT: first time is questionable.. Second time, sure, more likely, but a lot of girls like to talk to someone just to kill time and not because they're actually interested in you
Oct 17, 2016 10:13 PM

May 2014
Honestly bro, like the experiences you had kinda just seem like casual encounters to me. Sometimes just because someone is the opposite sex, guys tend to put nonsensical meaning behind their actions.

It's actually funny cuz I made a thread similar to this one back in like sophomore year of high school. I have some pretty weird stories. I copy and pasted them below. It's kind of cringy reading them again but still funny.

Craziest story

Chased through the hallways??

Shy girl/ tutoring a girl that liked me

Groped
Oct 17, 2016 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
You're about about 985 kg/m3 dense as are most humans.
Oct 17, 2016 10:20 PM

Feb 2014
Wtf are you Keitaro from Love Hina (In terms of denseness at least)? Anyways, I`d rather be dense than too aware. I don`t know 60% of the people in my contacts lmao.
Oct 17, 2016 10:54 PM

Aug 2016
You're like the mc of an ecchi anime. Yes you are very dense.

If you'd like I can refer you to a doctor about your dick problem. He'll take it off real cheap.
Oct 18, 2016 2:23 AM

Feb 2016
Alpha101 said:
Honestly bro, like the experiences you had kinda just seem like casual encounters to me. Sometimes just because someone is the opposite sex, guys tend to put nonsensical meaning behind their actions.

100% this. I used to be terrible with this: the instant a female so much as glanced at me, I was already thinking up baby names. Slight exaggeration, perhaps, but you've really got to fight the urge to read too much into things.

Also, if you're right in believing that the second girl just wanted someone to pay attention to her, then you dodged a bullet there. There's no point in getting involved with someone if all they want out of it is for someone, anyone, to care about them, instead of wanting you in particular to care about them.
Oct 18, 2016 3:15 AM

Apr 2014
I'd have said the first girl was dissapointed at your notes lol.

But the second girl might have been a bit interested at that point. Don't feel bad though, not knowing how to react or just thinking she was only offering small talk is natural.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Oct 18, 2016 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
First situation: your friend is an idiot

second situation: she was looking for company while working out and probably wouldnt have minded getting to know you. I can't say for sure if it's just a friendly interest or an attraction one but it sounds like she might have wanted it to be one if she liked talking to you.

Reminds me of that time I was waling down the hallway and licked my dry lips while looking at my feet walking then look up and see a girl lick her lipss looking at me and I was caught off gaurd not knowing what to do since I wasnt sure if it was jusst a coincidence or if she as messing with me tinking I was being a perv or if she actually was into me.

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite Masaaki Yuasa anime?

Sorachin - 5 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
6 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

10 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Is this the best site ever?

DigiCat - May 17, 2023

26 by BroDa2545 »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

18 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

27 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.