Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2008 9:19 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love it!
If Okayasu died, this anime would be the saddest story :)
Aug 26, 2008 3:31 PM

May 2008
I didnt like the overall anime because of Momo's indecisiveness, but Okayasu and his happy ending made it totally worthwhile. I love Okayasu, he was the only good thing about this story, and this ending really appealed to me.

I love how when they kiss they're both in tears n_n.

i kind of felt that the ending was sort of rushed, though... I never liked Touji, but I still wonder what happened to him.

Sep 23, 2008 7:27 AM
Jan 2008
It was a good anime. Not one of my favorites, but still good! ^^; Both Kairi and Toji are decent guys, but I still prefer Kairi. He's one thing that kept me watching the show. Anyway, it was a sweet ending.
Apr 17, 2009 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
Kairi did lose some points because of his obsession with Misao. that almost ruined the anime for me. But in the end, I'm sooooooooo happy that he "won" because I can't bear to see him be sad D:
Nov 22, 2009 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
This anime was very good. It's been a while since I've found something so enchanting as to hypnotize me into watching a 25 episode show so quickly.

ASHGARY said:
i kind of felt that the ending was sort of rushed, though...

I felt the same about this. They could have spent a little less time on the back and forth stuff between Kairi and Touji, and even though Momo did choose Kairi, a little more info about Touji in the latter would have been nice.

The final scenes, (after Kairi is saved), seemed a bit rushed as well. It was sweet, but I think they could have done more.

Although, I think Momo made the right decision to choose Kairi in the end. Touji did give me the feeling that he would be a pretty decent guy, and treat Momo well, but he just didn't go through with half of what Kairi did for her.

8/10 - very good.

Jan 3, 2010 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
I liked the ending, although it was kinda predictable it was cute that they were finally together on the beach where it all started.

Happy she ended with Okayasu, he was the only reason to keep watching this series, and i've crazily disliked Touji since he dropped that perfume bottle in front of her.
It was kind of cool to see the guys desperation to have her come through, i think thats one thing this series did really well that alot of others don't,, with Okayasu shaking in the bathroom and screaming and dragging her off a couple of times, and Touji pinning her down when she tried to leave.

I was actually quite happy with the speed at the end: The two of them were so happy and obviously Touji won't be, I'm not really interested in seeing his depression :P It would have been interesting to see how people back at school take the news though, as once again she'd arranged a trip with one guy and would be returning with another..

Overall 6/10 I think, a significant increase from the low 4 set before this final arc of the story.
However, if the only mark I took into account was the one I felt at the end, then it probably would have been a 7-8/10. Remembering how little i enjoyed the beginning and middle though, it can't really get much higher than a 6 overall.

I apologise for any mistakes and warped opinions in here though, i'm tired and writing this three-fingered lying down in bed.
Mar 21, 2010 3:40 PM

Oct 2009
Despite being a bit frustrating in parts.. I enjoyed this anime :) and totally love Kairi. So happy with how it ended and I can't believe I ended up warming to Sae by the end!
CaroCaroMar 21, 2010 4:21 PM
Mar 30, 2010 4:17 AM

Jun 2007
The final episode, and the run-up to it, was a little disappointing. I was happy that Momo got back with Kairi, but her indecisiveness and the subplot involving Kairi's brother made the story drag towards the end. I was hoping for a man-to-man confrontation between Kairi and Toji for some extra drama, too - no love triangle is complete with two guys exchanging fists and screaming in manly fashion over the girl they love.

It also kind of sucked how the story ended RIGHT AFTER the kiss. There wasn't even a scene showing what happened after the end credits. I'm not in favour of pointless final episodes or the like, but it would've been nice to at least see what happened to them after all the drama had ended...

I posted a lengthy blog about Peach Girl; it containing pretty much all my thoughts: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=60360
May 18, 2010 5:08 AM
Mar 2010
This anime teaches you...
- to not make premature conclusions
- to not blindly believe everything someone says
- to be honest to yourself

Im also happy about the happy end =) Very satisfactory.
Even though I hardly watched it to the finale because of the work of Sae I'm glad that I decided to finish it and now I think its one of the best animes I've seen so far.
10/10

Best regards
Jun 19, 2010 6:24 PM

Mar 2010
I'm just glad that other guys watched this anime and liked it.
Nov 12, 2011 3:34 AM

Sep 2008
RamenPizza said:
ASHGARY said:
i kind of felt that the ending was sort of rushed, though...

I felt the same about this. They could have spent a little less time on the back and forth stuff between Kairi and Touji, and even though Momo did choose Kairi, a little more info about Touji in the latter would have been nice.

Agreed!

Though it felt rushed, I still liked it, of course. :) I got the same feeling - that Touji would be a fair match for Momo, but... that he'd turn out to be just "decent" and that their relationship would just kind of be "lukewarm" in terms of love as opposed to something like what existed between Momo and Kairi. They had more of a 'spark' and although it may not be fair to say that Kairi loved her more than Touji, it sort of seemed like he did. (Or maybe he was just more of an extremist about it? Haha.)

Anyway, super enjoyable series. This last episode could have been better, and I think I would have liked a couple of extra minutes at the end or during the credits to show what happened after, but oh well. Still loved it. :)
Nov 18, 2011 7:04 PM

May 2011
I want another season! I want to see more of Kairi & Momo!!!!
The ending was so sudden. :|
Feb 12, 2012 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
I was happy with who Momo had ended up with.
The ending was amazing! I had been cheering on the Momo and Kairi couple the whole season. I could tell she was falling in love with him and then when it hit the end of the series I was super happy. Whenever I watch anime, the couples I cheer on never be together but in this they did and I was super happy. ♥

Overall, This anime is amazing.
I vote it a 10/10!
Nov 1, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
No right or wrong choice here. So, it's pretty anti-climatic, though not really predictable.

The logics involved in all the scenarios are utter shit. (Arguably one of the worst scripts ever)

The pacing is, no doubt, very coherent and easy to watch.

7/10 and I'm being very generous
Nov 22, 2012 7:56 PM
Nov 2011
This is the ending I wanted the first time I watched it. I didn't expect to like Kairi so much more, but there's a reason this anime will always have a special place in my heart.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 11, 2012 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
Still my all time favorite romance, and like every moment was just an emotional feel to me. 10/10
Jan 1, 2013 7:46 AM

Nov 2012
Overall, it wasn't bad, but I think they left some important parts out, which made the anime a bit frustrating. For me, the ending was a bit bittersweet until I read the manga.
Kairi x Momo forever. Kairi was always the right choice. Touji was quite an annoying character.
Feb 14, 2013 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
fuck this anime and fuck me for watching it i know it is gonna end in a way i wouldn't like meh whatever.
Logic is something all the characters seem to lack except aki ( the school nurse)
if i had to describe this anime in a single word it is '' frustrating'' .
Feb 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
I'm really glad it ended the way it did! I didn't like how she kept switching between them, but hey, the anime wouldn't have been as addicting if she wasn't. Overall, very fun watch, I'm glad I found this anime! :)
Jun 17, 2013 4:53 PM

Feb 2013
This series was like a game of tennis with a corrupt referee. Was a good series though I liked it.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 19, 2013 9:47 PM

Aug 2009
//CLAPS ; W ;

As FUCKING GOD DAMNNN ANNOYING Sae was in the beginning, she became such a nice and helpful person

what a beautiful perfect ending and such a perfect couple T u T //envyy~ <3

8/10
Jul 22, 2013 9:06 PM
Mar 2013
Cant believe she ended up dating Sasuke
Aug 31, 2013 2:56 PM
Jul 2013
Am I crazy for liking Toji? Am I missing something? I don't get why everyone loves Kairi more! I'm glad Momo ended up with Kairi because she certainly didn't deserve such a nice guy! I love Toji. LOVE HIM.

Toji defended her from the beginning, and despite falling for Sae's manipulation (um, just like Momo did with Ryo) when he realized his mistake, he did his best to apologize and make it up to her. HE THEN BROKE UP WITH THE GIRL HE LOVED TO PROTECT HER even though it broke his heart and kept his distance when he thought she was happy with someone else. He's just the best! He protects Momo, was constantly there for her, patiently waited for her and finally even loved her enough to let her go. He was always so kind and considerate and thoughtful.

Let me tell you about that joker Kairi, he made Momo fall in love with him while he was actually IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. He deliberately manipulated her with dishonest intentions. He then took his sweet time in deciding who he actually wanted, being ok with keeping MOMO in second place. If his confession to the nurse lady had gone well, he wouldn't have chosen momo anyway! Think about that for a second. If she had said "Ok, let's be together" do you think he would have given Momo a second thought? When push came to shove he didn't put Momo first, and instead of respecting her choice with Toji, grabs her and pulls her away. His behaviour was just sort of gross to me.

I want someone to re-edit the series with just the Toji scenes in them. Hell, I might do it myself to help soothe my nerves after this fiasco of an anime.
Feb 15, 2014 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
Still love it no matter how many times i've watched it, (which is bordering on 8 times i think since i just finished my 7th runthrough.) Never get tired of it. The only thing that could have made it better is a small epilogue of everyone else, momo and kairi included. I just find it sorta funny that the op was the biggest hint as to who momo chooses.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Apr 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
Foushy said:
Am I crazy for liking Toji? Am I missing something? I don't get why everyone loves Kairi more! I'm glad Momo ended up with Kairi because she certainly didn't deserve such a nice guy! I love Toji. LOVE HIM.

Toji defended her from the beginning, and despite falling for Sae's manipulation (um, just like Momo did with Ryo) when he realized his mistake, he did his best to apologize and make it up to her. HE THEN BROKE UP WITH THE GIRL HE LOVED TO PROTECT HER even though it broke his heart and kept his distance when he thought she was happy with someone else. He's just the best! He protects Momo, was constantly there for her, patiently waited for her and finally even loved her enough to let her go. He was always so kind and considerate and thoughtful.

Let me tell you about that joker Kairi, he made Momo fall in love with him while he was actually IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. He deliberately manipulated her with dishonest intentions. He then took his sweet time in deciding who he actually wanted, being ok with keeping MOMO in second place. If his confession to the nurse lady had gone well, he wouldn't have chosen momo anyway! Think about that for a second. If she had said "Ok, let's be together" do you think he would have given Momo a second thought? When push came to shove he didn't put Momo first, and instead of respecting her choice with Toji, grabs her and pulls her away. His behaviour was just sort of gross to me.

I want someone to re-edit the series with just the Toji scenes in them. Hell, I might do it myself to help soothe my nerves after this fiasco of an anime.

I agree toji should of been the one kairi is terrible and everything you just said is right,

Toji loved her so much he willingly hurt him self and pushed her away to save her, with kairi he had two girls and to me it looked like he had two just in case one dumped him so he could have the other one .......a back up just in case.

Toji should of been the one at least he's better
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
May 22, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely ending I must say, in the end she did had a change of heart and well imo it's also the better choice for this story and for Momo... I really wonder what would've happened if she didn't changed her mind.

All in all a pretty annoying anime at first because of the bitch behavior of Sae but in the end it was pretty lovely! 8/10
Feb 6, 2015 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
I finally finished this anime i started it months ago but bc of Sae it was really hard to stay interested since all i wanted to do was smack the shit out of her....I am really glad that she for lack of a better phrase is turn over a new leaf.

I liked Kairi the moment he started on screen I am glad she picked him n yes i do feel bad for Touji but in all honest no where in Sae's deception did she say Touji couldnt tell Momo about what she was planning I think it would have been alittle better if Touji had at least tried to tell her about things like put a note in the pictures when he gave them to her that would have been a perfect way to tell her without Sae really knowing but that is just me

N i cant blame Sae for thinking she was pregnant when all the signs pointed to the fact that she was I mean yeah going to the doctor to find out officially yes is something she should have done before saying it but like i said a few of the normal signs were there n she is still in high school after all which brings me to the a$$hole who wanted to turn over a new leaf as well but for him i think he is a lost cause to be honest yeah he will try but i think he would continue to use n discard any woman he would be with. I did see a small ray of light for him but since they really didnt show where they were a year later or anything we dont know..

As for me I really enjoyed this anime however the romance side of things really really reminded me of Twilight without all the sparkly Vampires n over Grown Wolves of course but its like New Moon all over again...Dont get me wrong I like Twilight n yeah haters can hate all they want i dont care...but that doesnt mean i didnt like it just bc there is an anime that reminds me of Twilight

Would i watch this anime again I think I would just not any time soon since i have way way way to many anime I still need to watch that i havent seen but yes i would rewatch it again sometime in the furture.
Aug 22, 2015 1:28 AM
Apr 2012
Foushy said:

I totally agree. I was so sad and mad at the end. Toji is her TRUE LOVE. I never liked Kairi and his pervy ways...Toji was much more of a gentleMAN. Toji felt lije a man to me, Kairi just a boy. Momo should gave stayed with Toji, They have history together. Kairi was good as a friend for advice and help. He was perfect as a FRIEND. Momo just aiNt for him though. After allll she went through with Toji,how happy she was, she leaves him for Kairi. Being the man he is Toji loved her enough to let her go.

I know Toji acted stupid many times because of stupid sae (OMG I still hate her), but he wised up, right? And in the end, once they graduated, they wouldn't have to see sae ever again, so their relationship would gave grown. I think momo is stupid for choosing Kairi, like whatever girl, you can do better.

Toji will always be the one who got away.
Toji x Momo 4ever!!
Nov 22, 2015 8:59 PM
Jun 2015
I was chewing gum while watching this episode.
When Momo confessed her love, I gasped and choked on my gum because of how happy I was XDD
Apr 24, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2010
Wow at that misinterpreted suicide note. Wow at Touji holding Momo down. Wow at that blow up. Wow at that random jerk having the cell phone pouch. Wow at it conveniently being thrown into the sea. Wow at having a repeat performance of the rescue from the sea. Wow at Kairi being the winner.

I'll give this show some credit though. Sae certainly chilled out a bit since the beginning of the show, and I'm glad that she was able to acknowledge her own envy towards Momo, going so far as to relate these feelings to why she became infatuated with Ryo. That whole mess was a problem in of itself, but I still appreciated that tidbit. I also...err...appreciated how unpredictable the series is. At many times, the show went places I didn't expect it to go. As in, any ordinary show would have remained more moderate and direct, but Peach Girl goes out of its way to create as much drama as possible, utilizing coincidences, miscommunication, misunderstandings, eavesdropping, and outright malicious plots to their fullest effect. By the end of the series, I could honestly say that I was frustrated not just with Sae, but with the entire cast. Everyone had their fair share of absurd decisions attached to their names, so no singular character was really to blame for this whole screwed up scenario.

But yeah, this show was tough to get through. As an ending note, I find it amusing that by Kairi almost dying, he finally got together with Momo. It was just like Momo almost falling out of Touji's hospital room that got them to be together early in the series. I truly hope this series isn't implying that you need to almost-but-not-quite kill yourself to garner attention from your crush. I really, really hope not.
Apr 16, 2019 1:01 AM

Aug 2017
So Okayasu wins...I liked him more earlier than later. I feel bad for Toji, but he was an idiot for breaking up with Momo to begin with. He had the victory lined up early on. Momo has a nice tan look.

Somehow Sae ended up being maybe my favorite character. She kept things moving in this anime. She had some cute scenes too. She was a crafty one.

Apr 22, 2019 2:53 PM
Dec 2018
(Sorry for this long rant I just had to get this off of my chest)

This anime made me very angry and made me go on an emotional roller coaster but overall it was a good anime and I was so happy that she ended up with Okoyasu.

But the thing that made me very upset was how fleeting Momo’s emotions were like she never even really broke it off with Okoyasu and decided to go with Touji while Okoyasu was working so hard to try to get to her!!! Like who does that?!?
I understand how she was feeling but you can’t just move from one guy to the next without at least fully talking it out and breaking it off with the other person first.

Also I like that Touji was trying to protect Momo by dating Sae but he could have handled the situation better and not totally and completely broke her heart like that. He could have talked it out with her and told her the situation and told Okoyasu the situation and they could have came up with a plan to solve the problem
But instead he put everything on himself and hurt Momo dearly
Jun 21, 2019 7:04 PM

Nov 2016
First off, fucking YES that Momo went for Okayasu in the end. He became a bit more irritating with time, but man, love and the whole drama can mess you up pretty badly. I was also pleasantly surprised that Sae actually helped out in this intance. She was an aggravating beast through and through, yet she also had her hilarious moments and I came to appreciate her eventually.

Regarding Toji, I was a bit underwhelmed by how things were resolved with him and also by the lack of epilogue and how anticlimatic this finale was in general. It terms of tension it didn't differentiate itself much from all other dramatic and romantic highs. And there were a lot of them, we basically entered one high after the other. In a way this speaks for the qualities of this series, tho. I still have to note, it was usually nerve-wracking and challenged my patience with how repetive and contrived the drama appeared on the surface, but then I realized that doesn't look much different in real life. Momo represented a typical indecisive high school girl that wasn't able to cope with her feelings. Same goes for the others. I kinda value these flawed characters within this setting and premise and also the roughly realistic depiction of their struggle. It showcased the unpleasant sides of being in a relationship in school or college. Handled a bit clumsy, but you can't get everything.

So yeah, I actually enjoyed it for those aspects and also for the sheer craziness, which often ended up being unintentional funny xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2019 12:03 AM

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:
all other dramatic and romantic highs. And there were a lot of them, we basically entered one high after the other.

I don't know how the adaptation covered the comics series but if it tried to get 18 tomes of "romantic" turnabouts rather than following a precise and limited part of it, I guess it was unavoidable.
Do you know if this show crammed the whole manga in?
Jun 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
FMmatron said:
all other dramatic and romantic highs. And there were a lot of them, we basically entered one high after the other.

I don't know how the adaptation covered the comics series but if it tried to get 18 tomes of "romantic" turnabouts rather than following a precise and limited part of it, I guess it was unavoidable.
Do you know if this show crammed the whole manga in?

I know that they made some cuts, just in another thread the OP mentioned that they left out characterization for the soba shop owner. They probably didn't stop there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 4:17 AM

Sep 2014
Thanks Heavens! they are finally together. This anime was a crazy ride, so many ups and down came along the way but in the end momo-san made the right decision. The ending was really heartwarming. Kairi was a such a pure and sweet character but on the contrary, Kashiwagi-san was a twisted character, I used to detest her like hell in the beginning but not now cause she had suffered a lot as well. Anyway this show was great and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Jan 3, 2020 8:43 PM

Sep 2018
Kairiii my boy. I’m proud of you!
Hopefully Momo is finished dick riding
It was an ok series.
A solid 6/10
Mar 27, 2020 8:48 AM
Mar 2020
OH MY FUCKING GOD...This bitch of the protagonist (momo) couldn’t decide who she wanted and honestly she treated TOJI LIKE CRAP. U know wut!? Like if Kairi was so into his own shit w being in love with someone else WHY EVEN PURSUE MOMO and TOJI has always looked out for momo. He wanted to prevent her nudes (let’s call em that) from publicity so he broke up w the girl he loved (momo). First, when momo and Togi started going out at beginning of series, she also started developing Feelings for Kairi like WTF how are u so easy to persuade while in “love” with Toji. Anyways things heal and she spends her summer w Toji and they’re in love but like a thunder bolt HER FEELINGS FOR KAIRI START RUSHING BACK like u have a minor argument with “the love of your life” and now u can’t stop thinking abt Kairi?!!! Well Toji sacrifices his love for her for the nudes thing (they break up) and ok so from her perspective the relationship w Kairi is better...makes sense k...then when Kairi makes her his second choice and she finds out abt Toji’s sacrifice SHE TREATS HIM LIKE SHIT. Honestly Toji didn’t deserve her. Ok and no matter who she goes with she’ll literally be in a relationship and kiss her other choice plus although she’s “so in love” it takes her max 2 Days to get over a breakup and kiss the other guy UGHHHH. I love TOJI LITERLALY TOJI FOR LIFE. He’s so great she doesn’t deserve him.
May 15, 2020 9:35 PM

Aug 2014
Peach Girl 25 episodes, but they should have cut it down to just 13 episodes max. 

Things got repetitive, introducing important new characters late in the anime, etc. 

I also thought that the whole Sae being evil thing got boring and repetitive and they should have dropped it soon in the anime and not made it all the anime.

And who cares who the female MC picked in the end. She was on and off with both guys tons of times, so who she ended up with in the end made no difference or spark.  But I will say that I liked her alone scene with Toji better than with the other guy.  For me, Toji and the female MC just clicked more when together.  The other guy was just a bit too annoying. 

Overall, yes, Peach Girl is unique and they dont hold back, but too much of exaggeration made the anime a boring experience
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:15 AM
Jul 12, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2020
so i just finished this anime, think it’s a 7-8/10. it actually made me feel quite a lot of different emotions. every episode id be like “🥺🤩😳😱🤬🤯😳😏”

[quote=hirahira message=3030042]Kairi did lose some points because of his obsession with Misao. that almost ruined the anime for me.

i couldn’t agree with this more^ Kairi looking out for momo when she had a boyfriend was so sweet like i was rooting for him. he lowkey seemed a better choice no one can deny that, plus his funny personality wasn’t dry like unseasoned , dry chicken toji. Momo and Kairi falling in love was 💓 but as soon as fucking Misa some old looking hag got involved it annoyed me. Kinda ruined his character like how can you put her before momo ??? is everything alright at home. it’s the fact he had that wrinkly bitch as his “1st choice” that perhaps makes people think Toji was better cos if Kairi just “liked” Misa as well but “realised” Momo is “beyond” that old hag it would have been perfect. 🤣🤣🤣 who wants some wrinkly vagina to wake up to in the morning xoxoxo lol the bitch was FAT and ugly but we move xoxo

[quote=Valeria-chan message=38031094] i do feel bad for Touji but in all honest no where in Sae's deception did she say Touji couldnt tell Momo about what she was planning I think it would have been alittle better if Touji had at least tried to tell her about things like put a note in the pictures when he gave them to her that would have been a perfect way to tell her without Sae really knowing but that is just me

THE ATMOSPHERE IN THAT PARAGRAPH IS ASTRONOMICAL. IF TOJI WAS ReALlY meant for Momo. He would have told her or at least tell Kairi. That way not only it would have been such a cool plot to see those sexy mother fuckerrsss work together to save her but it would have shown Toji actually being strong and doing something about it , not just being some pU$$y that kisses Sae in woods 🥴🥴
Feb 18, 2021 5:25 PM
Feb 2021
All I can say is that Momo is really an indecisive slut. A little issue she's already in another guys arms... So ever guy that shows kindness to you you fall for him?! Like wtf?! This anime is great and all but I'd have really liked it if she had left relationships for the time being. I mean she really needed a break. She needs to learn how to get through break up or any form of struggles or life generally without leaning on others too much
Mar 3, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2021
What a great ending~~~~!

As annoying as this series was (with the repetitive and silly behaviour from Sae), it had a great ending. And funny that Sae was the one to bring Momo and Kairi together again.

Toji is like the super nice guy who you want to love and try hard to love and who really SHOULD get the girl.....but there's no spark. As great as he is, he's just not meant for Momo.

I was impressed when he threw her on the bed tho (LOL *thumbs up* nice one, Toji)

He was so passive throughout the series, so, nice that he finally got a little passionate and assertive. But after what he did with Sae.... I just felt he was so stupid. He could've gone about it another way. It seemed to me like kind of he developed feelings for Sae.

So, no. I think Kairi deserved Momo the most and wouldn't give up on her as easily as Toji did.
Mar 25, 2021 7:48 AM
Nov 2016
Mariah_Rose said:
All I can say is that Momo is really an indecisive slut. A little issue she's already in another guys arms... So ever guy that shows kindness to you you fall for him?! Like wtf?! This anime is great and all but I'd have really liked it if she had left relationships for the time being. I mean she really needed a break. She needs to learn how to get through break up or any form of struggles or life generally without leaning on others too much

omg definitely!! Throughout this entire series I just felt as though Momo is someone who's not ready for a relationship. AT ALL. She needs to take a break FOR HERSELF AND BY HERSELF not with one of those guys by her side 24/7.
May 19, 2021 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
soo I kinda want to write out my final thoughts on this!

Touji is TOO perfect period.
Like Misao already said he is smart, mature and kind, although a little slow at critical times but he's just a very average and loyal guy.
For Momo this pick is almost too safe.
The thing is she always felt loved and safe whenever she was with him but to me it seemed as if the spice and passion was just lacking, it's almost the same thing as with Kairi/Misao. Momo seemed to be more in love with this ideal relationship with Touji and to be loved and treasured than she actually cared for Touji after all.
And I mean that is to be expected she and Touji seemed to have a crush on each other since middle school iirc. This is a huge amount of time considering that they're both like 16?or sth.

Kairion the other hand i is a lot more like Momo characterwise. He is just as impulsive and hyper and both just seem to be on the same wavelenght.
I can see them probably having way more issues in their relationship than Momo would ever have with Touji but that's exactly what Momo needs I think.

Jun 6, 2021 9:13 PM
Sep 2020
Hate the ending
It ruined the anime for me
I loved Touji and hated Kairi
1/5
6/10 for the anime it’s bad
Sep 1, 2021 12:42 AM
Oct 2019
I was looking for a drama but for like 3/4 of the show things were just overly dramatic. Not just the usual anime trope of misunderstanding and miscommunicating, but also the complete lack of common sense from almost all the characters. And also for so many of these issues, it starts of by pure luck and coincidence. Like A saw B with C at this location that they never planned just at the exact time. I mean it’s not rare in anime but for it to happen so many times, you have to question the writing.

The 1/4 end tho, was exactly what I was hoping for when I started this. A shoujo drama. And as bad and infuriating the earlier parts of the show was, it did build up the dynamics of the characters that I was invested by the time it reached episode 18+.

Sae was also infuriating. I did not feel much sympathy for her during her hard times cos she herself seem to lack sympathy for others for most of the show. Even at the end when she supposedly becomes good, I wasn’t happy for her or anything, just indifferent. But, her antics did cos all this drama that made this show possible I guess.

And tbh, up till the end I honestly could not figure out who Momo wuld choose. I think her relationship with both was developed well. Objectively, if I was Momo, I think Touji is a better choice. He’s done most things right. Even when hurting her, he did it to protect her (even though I still think it’s idiotic to not tell Momo the situation). However, Kairi seems a lot more fun to be with. Touji just seems boring tbh. But I think the not so clear option is one of the few good points of this show
Nov 6, 2021 5:45 AM
Mar 2013
Didn't expect this outcome. I actually thought she was in love with Touji? OMG
Jun 2, 2022 5:44 AM
Jul 2021
kairi is so cringe
Jan 2, 2023 9:00 PM
Jan 2023
xstephissa said:
kairi is so cringe

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT. How can everyone forget that Kairi was just as bad as Sae sometimes? He played a major role in how Touji perceived Momo. Realistically, there shouldn’t be any guy nor girl kissing or hugging you without consent. It’s just wrong and disgusting. No one deserves to be touched by a stranger no matter how “good looking”. He knew what he was doing was wrong too. Sure Momo stopped it every time but she put no effort into making sure he never talked to her again or understood her barriers. Even Kairi’s fanbase and classmates got the wrong idea so image your just started dating boyfriend who doesn’t know your relationships with others well seeing it happen several times??? Touji didn’t care at first when she saved his life but overtime it becomes severely suspicious and Kairi knew it was intentional. If this happened to Kairi when he was with Momo he would’ve gotten upset and ditched her too. I don’t like touchy love interests because it’s not realistic. If you do that’s fine but in real life you would feel violated to be touched romantically by someone who’s not your bf/gf and guilty asf. She doesn’t even tell Touji right away so he knows to keep him away or anything of that manner. Both Momo and Touji caused their relationship to end.

The only reason I hated the ending was because Kairi is just a twin flame. Just because someone acts similar to you, keeps “drama” going, or always has you on your toes, does not mean they’re healthy for you. He never once changed his habits or personality for her so their relationship could thrive. Realistically, the person you want in a future relationship should be stable. Touji towards the end was that individual. If she’s thinking practical of the future, Touji would’ve been the safest bet. No one wants to be with someone everyday who can’t go without drama in their relationship. If you feel that way then take a break from dating. I was there once, which is why my 4 year relationship ended. Now I’m with someone, about 2 years and seem “boring” but I’m more content on building legos and cuddling while watching senien than getting into baseless arguments and then having make up sex because we need something “passionate”.

Anime was an overall 4/10. Repetitive drama, lackluster characters, confusing plot line, and unrealistic shoujo manga. It had potential with her tan and everything too, but it just summed it up to what guys think of it, and not even how can I accept myself and learn to love myself. Or even push her towards a career which showcases her uniqueness. Crazy how the potential ended bc of a boy.
Jan 26, 2023 8:44 PM

Mar 2021
For the type of Anime this was the drama was extremely repetitive and the only reason to keep watching was to just enjoy the train wreck of obsessive teenage romance. I think it would have been better for Momo to just realize that none of the people around her were any good for her. Momo's friend Sae (if you can even call her a friend) was just a total conniving bitch and I don't think either Kairi or Touji really deserved Momo's affection in the end. Near the end Momo was to make a choice between the two guys as if the only options she could take was either or and choosing none of them was never an option at all. In fact I think the only real friends Momo actually had were three female class mates that were just side characters so insignificant to the story that I don't even remember their names.
ColourWheelJan 26, 2023 9:16 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 23 Discussion

funkotaku - Feb 17, 2013

8 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 22 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 5, 2008

11 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 22, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 20 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 5, 2008

18 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 21, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 17, 2009

16 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 21, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Episode 14 Discussion

funkotaku - Feb 16, 2013

12 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 21, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.