Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2016 3:10 AM

Sep 2016
Hey,
I started this channel a while ago and posting about daily... Here's a random video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJVRSHVIac
I recently started to with a new layout of video using openings example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYtY7_HbO4
Which one do you prefer??

Would like some suggestions if possible so I can improve my content!
Oct 17, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2016
Hm-hm, I'd say:
Oct 17, 2016 3:25 AM

Sep 2014
Just going to be honest, don't get offended, but this channel looks really bad.
- Clickbait thumbnails
- Clickbait titles
- Generic video format that i've seen dozens of channels use
- Generic channel concept which i've also seen dozens of channels use

This channel brings nothing new to YouTube other than maybe your opinion.

If you keep doing this same thing that heaps of other people are doing you're not going to grow or if you do it will be at a very slow rate.

I suggest bringing your personality into it. Do commentaries over so it doesn't just look like almost stolen content. Do different sorts of videos, maybe basic things like reviews or thoughts on a certain show.

Well anyway, I hope you do well in your future YouTube endeavours. Make content however you want, don't take any of my criticism on board if it's not something you want to do. Just mostly have fun with it.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 17, 2016 3:25 AM

Sep 2016
Yorshkai said:
Hm-hm, I'd say:

Thanks, Any suggestion on whether I should make old or new layout videos?
Oct 17, 2016 3:31 AM

Sep 2016
Menzo- said:
Just going to be honest, don't get offended, but this channel looks really bad.
- Clickbait thumbnails
- Clickbait titles
- Generic video format that i've seen dozens of channels use
- Generic channel concept which i've also seen dozens of channels use

This channel brings nothing new to YouTube other than maybe your opinion.

If you keep doing this same thing that heaps of other people are doing you're not going to grow or if you do it will be at a very slow rate.

I suggest bringing your personality into it. Do commentaries over so it doesn't just look like almost stolen content. Do different sorts of videos, maybe basic things like reviews or thoughts on a certain show.

Well anyway, I hope you do well in your future YouTube endeavours. Make content however you want, don't take any of my criticism on board if it's not something you want to do. Just mostly have fun with it.

- I don't think it's that much clickbait as the thumbnail anime is included in video almost all the time
- Dunno what you mean by clickbait titles?? I would like to know an example
- That format works the best as you hardly get any copyright strike from TV Tokyo...
- Well, It's not like only one person can have one niche, Theres tons of vlogging channels as well as others, same goes with anime recommendation channels

I don't mind slow and steady as long as im growing and helping atleast someone

Commentary is a good idea but I'm not good at that (tried in past didnt work but thanks for suggestion)
Oct 17, 2016 3:33 AM

Aug 2016
SenpieX said:
Yorshkai said:
Hm-hm, I'd say:

Both of them are pretty okay and it’s difficult to say which one is better. If I were you, I would try to use different layouts. I would also try to use less text and to focus more on the actual examples. Like, there is an intro, you are showing the viewer that this is about this, this, and that, and after that no text only examples (without spoilers, of course.)

Yes, you are not the first on youtube, and yes your content might be not needed. But there are so many series, try to recommend something that is really good, something that is underappreciated. Your work is needed. Improve your content and it might help other fans to see their favorite "cartoons" in a new light.

Never say die and good luck.
Oct 17, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2016
Yorshkai said:
SenpieX said:

Both of them are pretty okay and it’s difficult to say which one is better. If I were you, I would try to use different layouts. I would also try to use less text and to focus more on the actual examples. Like, there is an intro, you are showing the viewer that this is about this, this, and that, and after that no text only examples (without spoilers, of course.)

Yes, you are not the first on youtube, and yes your content might be not needed. But there are so many series, try to recommend something that is really good, something that is underappreciated. Your work is needed. Improve your content and it might help other fans to see their favorite "cartoons" in a new light.

I'll try to test different layouts but as I said this layout works the best for copyright as TV Tokyo takes down videos instantly, so text is needed almost 100% that's why I use text in the video
Great opinion though
Oct 17, 2016 3:47 AM

Sep 2014
Like I said, don't take my criticism on board if you don't want.

Not all of the thumbnails are clickbait but some are (surely you can figure out what i'm talking about).

Adding stuff to the title like HD which can allude to the video being a highly thought out video with lots of time put in and being really creative when I personally don't think they are. Also the title saying "Top (whatever number)" means that they must be the best anime but it's just your personal opinion.

I just mean that there is like 0 creativity in copying what other people do.

Vlogging is different though, they're are actually doing something or talking about something, it may not be creative but it certainly is more immersive for the viewer. But what you're are doing, seems to me to be an exact copy paste of other channels.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Oct 17, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2014
I am going to be honest: There is absolutely nothing in this channel that seperates you from the rest because there is no personality that makes me want to return to you. I watched one video and got bored within three minutes. Not to mention you care way to much about subs at such an early level on youtube o_O... Subs are great, but focus on better material instead of aiming for 100 subs. I have a channel around the same subscriber amount you're at, but I care more about my personality and getting subs that way instead of posting it on my profile.

I was fine with you calling my video earlier cringe because I am open to all opinions and appreciated the view, but that was before I knew the guy who said it even admits he isn't good at commentary. Get better at doing commentary and getting a personality before judging people who at least have the guts to bring their personality.

Just note - I am not mad. This is criticism and all people who want to make it on youtube need it. I need and still deserve the criticism, but its not right to knock somebody who is trying for something that you tried, but gave up at (which you admitted because it wasn't going well).
KagamiOct 17, 2016 4:14 AM

More topics from this board

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - 8 hours ago

4 by Kinspie13 »»
6 hours ago

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
7 hours ago

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
12 hours ago

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.