Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 17, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And the aftermath of Makarov's sacrifice. Glad to see Laxus again, really liked his scene with Mavis. Geez, how strong is Erza to stop Natsu and Gray like that while injured? XD
Oct 17, 2016 4:48 AM

Nov 2015
Erza fucking sucks. Just a terrible character
Oct 17, 2016 5:41 AM

Nov 2013
mary sue to the rescue !
Oct 17, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2013
Slightly sad that Makarov might actually be dead. Although I still have some doubts.

This fight is still dumb. Hopefully Erza can knock some sense into these two.
Oct 17, 2016 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
LOL Erza stopped both their powerful attacks so easily and she's not even seriously hurt. too much OP dude
Oct 17, 2016 5:56 AM
Jun 2009
ino0987 said:
LOL Erza stopped both their powerful attacks so easily and she's not even seriously hurt. too much OP dude

I'd guess they pulled back when they saw her.
Oct 17, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2014
geearf said:
ino0987 said:

Looked like they didn't notice her until she caught them.
Oct 17, 2016 6:01 AM
Oct 2015
Erza<Ajeel<Dimaria & Invel<Natsu & Grey<Erza xD
Only Mashima can write something that terrible
Oct 17, 2016 6:02 AM

Feb 2012
When will Erza meet Eileen?

C'mon. It's been dragging on for ages now.
I want to know what their relationship is. Is it Mother or an Older Sister/other relative?

zzzZZZZzzzz
Oct 17, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2011
If only those who died in FT stayed dead this series would be worthy of a 10. Especially since it's full of impactful moments - Mavis witnessing the death of a life she once named; Erza stopping the fight between Gray and Natsu just like it has always been throughout the series since the first chapters... I don't know why does the author keep moving the series from something very stupid & impossible to something epic or tragic - if only he was consistent FT would have been a lot better

Oct 17, 2016 6:04 AM
Feb 2015
How the hell did Erza know where to find them when she didn't even know those two were fighting in the first place?
Oct 17, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2016
how the fuck does Gray fight on equal terms with Natsu anyway? Firstly, they were BOTH training, so they ALREADY should be equal. and now Natsu is E.N. FUCKING D!! that's nonsence. and don't give that Devil Slayer magic advantage bs. BCS NATSU HAS BOTH DRAGON SLAYER AND CURSE MAGIC NOW, he's supposed to be a one OP motherfucker

(yes, I'm that dipshit Gray's hater. I disliked him from day one of my Fairy Tail experience.)

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Oct 17, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2015
Normis said:
how the fuck does Gray fight on equal terms with Natsu anyway? Firstly, they were BOTH training, so they ALREADY should be equal. and now Natsu is E.N. FUCKING D!! that's nonsence. and don't give that Devil Slayer magic advantage bs. BCS NATSU HAS BOTH DRAGON SLAYER AND CURSE MAGIC NOW, he's supposed to be a one OP motherfucker

(yes, I'm that dipshit Gray's hater. I disliked him from day one of my Fairy Tail experience.)

Devil slaying magic advantage bs, it's logical of having slaying advantage. The fact that Natsu could stand up a DeS like Gray is the only thing bullshit here especially considering he can only use DS magic+ Curses, which is an asspull in itself.

Yeah and you're pathetic wank for Natsu and pathetic hatred for Gray is making you look stupid.
Oct 17, 2016 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
Well a straight forward chapter dealing with the aftermath of the death of Makarov, and I think it is for real, and I never bought into Gajeel and especially Juvia's death, I knew they would be back, but this time it is for real.

We see everyone breaking down, even Mavis who last chapter was much called heartless by Makarov, and who comes to her aid Laxus, dam he is a softie now. I hate to see what the old Laxus would do in that situation.

The Natus and Gray battle continues, a battle which in peace time okay, but in war time it is just stupid. These idiot are losing their minds. We see the fight drag for pages, it would look great in the anime I am sure of it.

And I said a couple of chapters ago, Erza is not going to stop them this time and I still stand by that if she tried to stop them a couple of chapters ago, but Makarov's death gave her a emotional powerup, so I will allow it, though I am sure people will still complain.

The fight had to be stopped some way, and they didn't go the predictable route of Lucy and Juvia showing up alive, and them coming to their senses, that would be so predictable and cliche, I am glad they didn't do that. It is kind of ironic, Natsu and Gray over a couple of fake deaths, while Erza stopped them with the power of a real death.

Next chapter is titled "Voice", well I don't think it will be a singing contest.
Oct 17, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
So it seems like Makarov is really dead... And he's managed to still stay standing. -_-
So Erza stops Natsu and Gray. Who knows why she went to search for them in the first place? Also, how exactly is END supposed to defeat Zeref if Gray can fight on equal terms with him? And how can Erza stop them so easily? Her hand does seem to be cracking though...
Eh, even though Erza stopping those two with her bare hands is unbelievable, I really liked that scene. It's pretty cool, to tell the truth.
Hopefully, Natsu and Gray's pointless battle will end next chapter.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Oct 17, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2015
ahsinam33 said:
So it seems like Makarov is really dead... And he's managed to still stay standing. -_-
So Erza stops Natsu and Gray. Who knows why she went to search for them in the first place? Also, how exactly is END supposed to defeat Zeref if Gray can fight on equal terms with him? And how can Erza stop them so easily? Her hand does seem to be cracking though...
Eh, even though Erza stopping those two with her bare hands is unbelievable, I really liked that scene. It's pretty cool, to tell the truth.
Hopefully, Natsu and Gray's pointless battle will end next chapter.

END is only a match to Zeref mainly because of slaying advantage.
Power wise, Zeref shits on him.

Erza stopping those two with her bare hands was pathetic and awful writing considering she should've been fucked up by them, and she was already gassed before. It was awful.

This pointless battle is most likely going to be better than the cringeworthy Erza vs Eileen forced drama.
Oct 17, 2016 6:21 AM
Oct 2013
short_review said:
mary sue to the rescue !

To be fair it´s fitting in the context of the story for her to end the fight.

She was always like a big sister to those two, she always scolded them when they were young and she´s the one to deliver that their foster Dad is dead.

What´s the issue with the chapter inherently?
I thought it was a 5/5, granted for FT standarts.

Pros: No bullshit.
Not much talk but good fightning choreography.
Fitting ending to a pointless fight.
Old Master will probably stay dead, even One Piece pulled through with this and no one dies in that series.

Cons: Their fight had 0 reason to be fought.
Oct 17, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
Rex_Connor said:

This pointless battle is most likely going to be better than the cringeworthy Erza vs Eileen forced drama.

The battle is still pointless; you have to admit that. Natsu has every right to be mad at Gray for standing in his way but Gray shouldn't have started the fight in the first place. And after going this far, if Gray doesn't treat Juvia well afterwards I'm going to be really mad.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Oct 17, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2016
As much as i love fairy tail this is terrible. First of all this dosent even seem like a END Natsu as he cant even kick Gray's Ass. Did Natsu turn END for like a sec and quickly defeat Dimaria?

Laxus had a pretty nice moment and the flashback that Mavis made the death a bit more sad. But how can Gray stand against Natsu? And Erza?

The thing that pisses me off the most since the timeskip is that it's all the same. Erza is the strongest and Natsu and Gray are 2nd. Is Natsu never gonna surpass Erza? He's a Dragonslayer for gods sake. Sure since the timeskip they can now beat old villians with 1 punch!Is that all?
Oct 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
I liked the moment with Mavis.Fairry Law took nearly 70-80% of the Alvarez army.Natsu vs Gray was enjoyable.Lol'd when Natsu hit his head on the ice wall.And seriously now?Erza stopped these two by using just her bare hands?An ok chapter with a very shitty ending.
Oct 17, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Natsu's fight with Gray is strange....hope they put an end to it right here with Erza interfering. She's going to probably tell them about what happened with Makarov so they put their differences aside.
Oct 17, 2016 6:37 AM
Sep 2014
Laxus' reaction was unrealistic imo.

Now I doubt we'll ever get a real Natsu vs Gray fight, since this one was a complete waste of time and underwhelming.

I still don't feel anything for Makarov's death, but I guess that is my problem.

Why couldn't have Fairy Law taken the Spriggans, too? 😐 And why are twelve still left?

Erza is shit.
AiyenOct 17, 2016 6:42 AM
Oct 17, 2016 6:45 AM
Aug 2016
AllenNoah said:
geearf said:

Looked like they didn't notice her until she caught them.

Tbh her arm looked pretty burned from Natsu and frost bitten from Grey. That kind of thing would have to lave some lasting damage.
Oct 17, 2016 6:46 AM

Feb 2010
Natsu's claw hands are cool. I still kinda wanna see him go full END and just destroy Gray and Erza though. Erza stopping them both killed the mood a bit. Enjoyable chapter though.
cloud8100Oct 17, 2016 7:50 AM
Oct 17, 2016 6:49 AM

Dec 2008
People completely ignoring that one of her hands has cracks in it and the other is burned to hell.

Kay.

I'll go enjoy Erza's character, 'mary sue' and 'plotarmor' by myself. Fight was completely pointless in their current situation anyways.
Oct 17, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2016
Putting aside all the BS and impossible stuff in this chapter- it was actually really good. I teared up a bit too. I reckon it's a v good chap of mourning Makarov.

Yeah Laxus' reaction maybe be a bit forced but who else better than Laxus to do that to show how much he'd grown. And it's his grandson ffs.
Spriggans prob safe because Fairy Law could only take out the weaker mob and apparently it shortens life so taking down like 3 of the sprigs he'd be like dead with a lot of the army still there.
Erza stopping fight with bare hands is impossible but let's be honest that made the feels more impactful instead of her just screaming "STOP" from a distance or have the obvious Lucy and Juvs show up.

All in all 5/5 chapter cos it made me feel.
andystoryOct 17, 2016 7:00 AM
Oct 17, 2016 6:52 AM
Sep 2014
sarroush said:
People completely ignoring that one of her hands has cracks in it and the other is burned to hell.

Kay.

I'll go enjoy Erza's character, 'mary sue' and 'plotarmor' by myself. Fight was completely pointless in their current situation anyways.

That's just Mashima "filling in the blanks" to justify her being able to stop that. It'll be insignificant.
Oct 17, 2016 6:54 AM
Oct 2013
sarroush said:

Kay.

It´s like people have turned retarded when it comes to Erza. She was the most beloved Fairy Tail character because she was a woman who kicked ass while being ridiculously hot, but it´s like people completely ignore any of her other qualities.

Not a fan of the character but I pointed out above that it was fitting for her to stop them. Lucy/Juvia or whoever else would not have made any more sense to seperate the two besides them showing up healthy & eradicating their sadness.

Erza isn´t just a mary sue or a hot strong woman. She´s the most developed character besides Lucy maybe, although her fights have become cringeworthy.
Oct 17, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2015
ahsinam33 said:
Rex_Connor said:

The battle is still pointless; you have to admit that. Natsu has every right to be mad at Gray for standing in his way but Gray shouldn't have started the fight in the first place. And after going this far, if Gray doesn't treat Juvia well afterwards I'm going to be really mad.

It is, just to give Erza forced spotlight and relevancy

and Gray has every right to be mad esp when Natsu refuses to answer his questions
Oct 17, 2016 7:02 AM

Nov 2015
Erza continues to be a cringeworthy unlikeable shit character.

Wanted Gray to destroy END/Natsu, that would've been awesome.

Cool ice attacks from Gray though.
KaansoOct 17, 2016 7:07 AM
Oct 17, 2016 7:05 AM

Aug 2016
Rex_Connor said:
ahsinam33 said:

It is, just to give Erza forced spotlight and relevancy

and Gray has every right to be mad esp when Natsu refuses to answer his questions

But then Natsu only just found out himself and doesn't even know what he doesn't know lol. And as stated in the other chapter all of Zerefs creations have a very strong urge to kill him. Take Kabutos reanimation for example or something.
Oct 17, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
Isterio said:
sarroush said:

Kay.

It´s like people have turned retarded when it comes to Erza. She was the most beloved Fairy Tail character because she was a woman who kicked ass while being ridiculously hot, but it´s like people completely ignore any of her other qualities.

Not a fan of the character but I pointed out above that it was fitting for her to stop them. Lucy/Juvia or whoever else would not have made any more sense to seperate the two besides them showing up healthy & eradicating their sadness.

Erza isn´t just a mary sue or a hot strong woman. She´s the most developed character besides Lucy maybe, although her fights have become cringeworthy.

Isterio said:
short_review said:
mary sue to the rescue !

To be fair it´s fitting in the context of the story for her to end the fight.

She was always like a big sister to those two, she always scolded them when they were young and she´s the one to deliver that their foster Dad is dead.

What´s the issue with the chapter inherently?
I thought it was a 5/5, granted for FT standarts.

Pros: No bullshit.
Not much talk but good fightning choreography.
Fitting ending to a pointless fight.
Old Master will probably stay dead, even One Piece pulled through with this and no one dies in that series.

Cons: Their fight had 0 reason to be fought.

You basically summed up my thoughts.

I give this chapter 4.5/5
Oct 17, 2016 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
I smell some bullshit brewing...
Oct 17, 2016 8:30 AM

Feb 2015
Cool chapter, so much explosions. :D Didn't expect Erza to jump in between those two to stop them, but glad that she did. It's about time Natsu and Gray start cleaning up the trash (Spriggan) together and avenge the death of their guild master.
Oct 17, 2016 8:44 AM

Jan 2016
The part i liked the most this chapter is where Kakashi pops up and stop Naruto and Sasuke's fight
Oct 17, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
I really love Fairy Tail, but this chapter was soo so bad. Worst chapter in a time!

I mean, how did Erza got to Gray and Natsu while she was just grieving about Makarovs "death"? She did not know they were fighting so she did not know that she should stop them and it seemed to me, they were not that close to each other in the first place.
And how is she supposed to stop a fucking Dragon Slayer who is END and a Devil Slayer, both in total rage mode with her bare hands, when she was just already badly hurt? So then she can kill Zeref with just looking at him, I guess. He will be happy. ¬_¬

There were so many good ways to stop Natsu and Gray fighting. E.G. Juvia and Lucy, since that's the reason they both are so angry atm. Or one passing out the other one,... what did Mashima write? Why so horrible?

Not to forget that Luxus came out of nowhere and had a new hair style? So he's been to the hair dresser during his absence? And he was way too less sad about losing his only left relative that is dear to him...

At least I liked the moment when Mavis thought about naming him and seeing him "die".
sabi-chanOct 17, 2016 8:58 AM
Oct 17, 2016 8:59 AM
Aug 2016
Did Erza just stop both of their attacks with her bare hands?... This is getting ridiculous.
Oct 17, 2016 9:05 AM
Sep 2016
Legit rolled my eyes when I see Erza intervene. Might have been not so bad of an idea theorically even if there were better ways to end the fight but Mashima's usual terrible execution reduces all of this to ashes.

+ Natsu and Gray actually screaming each others name. For fuck's sake.
BobaFouetteOct 17, 2016 9:09 AM
Oct 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
Welp looks like Makarov is definetly done for. Everyone grieving about his death was the only good thing about this chapter.

Random Erza outta nowhere. Ok uhm sure, why not.
Let's put aside the fact that she managed to stop Natsu (END power) & Gray (Devil slayer power) bare-handed... While literally 1 chapter ago she was overwhelmed by Eileen's enhanced soldiers.

One thing I wanna know is how she got to their location so fast. Also, I can already see how this is gonna probably end, and I feel like I'll be really disappointed...
Oct 17, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
lol wat

how...

huh?
"Hi!"
Oct 17, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
Let me guess. When the war is over and Universe One magic is gone, Makarov's last stand statue (AKA his corpse) will be at the center of the guild hall.
Oct 17, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2015
Just give me already decent fight.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 17, 2016 11:32 AM

Oct 2015
As expected, END is like 20% awakened still overwhelms Gray, i said million time that gray cant do shit to END, Erza stopping both of them barehanded ? lol this is a bit too much, i hope they did hold back or talk about it later, my guess is that once Natsu hears what happened, he'll go straight to Zeref
Oct 17, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2010
Pretty sure the old man really died this time at least until the end of series... I honestly dont feel a bleach vibe here but might be wrong

Naru... I mean Natsu and Grays fight is stupid. >.> I hope they feel bad about the oldmans death and Erzas hand.

and where is Juvia and Lucy...
Oct 17, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
0ni_Link said:
Let me guess. When the war is over and Universe One magic is gone, Makarov's last stand statue (AKA his corpse) will be at the center of the guild hall.

It's gonna be placed on the pedestal where Lumen Histoire was as a memorial.
Oct 17, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2016
lol, If Erza is still able to fight after this this would be ridiculous.

Now, we need to see the real MVP on this manga, the strongest aka Acnologia.
Oct 17, 2016 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
I feel sorry for Mavis, she had to witness Makarov's death. Erza took a heavy blow there, hope she can convince them to stop.
joe_g7Oct 22, 2016 11:50 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 17, 2016 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
Aiyen said:
Laxus' reaction was unrealistic imo.

I don't know, to me, it looked like he took a page out of Dunban's "I will shed no tears" book. Laxus is saddened by Makarov's death but he knows that Makarov sacrificed himself to save everyone and that now is not the time to by crying.
Oct 17, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2014
The only good parts about this chapter was Laxus consoling Mavis and Natsu and Gray's fight continuing. Natsu punching his hand in the ground and then plumes of flames hitting Gray several meters away was pretty epic.

I understand why Erza stopped them but come on, she popped up from nowhere when several pages back she was groveling on the floor in-front of Makarov.

Not only that, Natsu literally looks like he's back to normal (Which I know he's not because his hand keeps growing all scaly and black.)

2/5 for this week's chapter. 2.5/5 if some of you people go by point ratings.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Oct 17, 2016 3:49 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Laxus back. Everyone hurting over Makarov's sacrifice.

Good thing Erza is there to stop Gray & Natsu from fighting.
The enemy is Zeref not each other.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.