Forum Settings
Forums

Death by Ex-Girlfriend: Original Novel Series

New
Oct 15, 2016 6:11 PM
Oct 2016
I humbly present to you Death by Ex-Girlfriend, an ongoing series written by me and me alone >.< (Artwork done by several others from Mangaraiders, who I wholeheartedly thank for their contributions)

Aika Mihara is featured on the first cover

Izanami on the second

Osamu(MC) on the third

Isabella on the 4th

Tsukiakari on the 5th

Omagatoki and Akatsuki(AKA Shoku Twins) on the 6th

General Synopsis: Osamu Ashikaga left Kyoto nearly 4 years ago, fleeing from depression, his problems at home...and his ex-girlfriends. Now that he has returned, his exes swarm on him. They kidnap him, shoot at him, and even call an airstrike on his house! Things lead to things, and he is forced to live with his exes and their psychotic fits of anger, sexuality, jealousy, and love that has lasted through the years

This is a story of people hating each other, but soon growing to become a tight-knit family. It is a story of love that has gone, survived, and even died. Love is the judge, and the execution shall be Death by Ex-Girlfriend.

Below, I have the arcs that have been crammed into books. This is a very character-driven story, so there's no overarching plot that spans the entire series. Each one is a different story that contributes to character growth, sometimes with dire consequences.

Aika Crisis (Arc 1)

Synopsis: Osamu Ashikaga finally returns home after leaving Kyoto for nearly 4 years. Little did he suspect his ex-girlfriends would all converge on him with the intent to kill him if he did not still love them. Forced to live among them after his house is bombed, Osamu re-familiarizes himself with his former lovers. Old feelings come to a boil for one of the exes, Aika Mihara. Combined with older personal wounds, these feelings will result in chaos and crisis, one that puts her life in mortal danger.

☮War Cloud Part 1☮ (2nd Arc)

Synopsis: It seems Osamu is not the only one returning to Kyoto. Another one of his ex-girlfriends has caught word of his return and decides to make a comeback herself. The problem? She's a war goddess, and daughter of Amaterasu herself; Tsukiakari Senkumo.

Osamu and the gang soon learn from Izanami that she has died many times, and may not be able to reincarnate if she dies again. It is up to Tsukiakari to get accustomed to a life of relative normalcy as she tried to reconnect with Osamu after so many years apart. However, her past just might catch up to her, and put the lives of everyone at risk.

☮War Cloud Part 2☮ (2nd Arc)

Synopsis: Continuation and conclusion of War Cloud. Anything more would just be spoilers.

☼Dawn and Dusk☀ (3rd arc)

Synopsis: It's fair to say that by now, the house that was once filled with dueling exes has become a much more harmonious family. Life seems beautiful and right for once. However, the hardest challenge awaits Osamu and his exes, and Isabella Bailey is the center of it all.

After working together to save the world, the kind of problem afflicting Isabella is not one any hero can rid her of. A very human problem with a very human outcome now takes control of the young girl's life, and it is up to Osamu to merely learn to accept that, and learn just how sweet and beautifully tragic a human life can be.

Satori no Akuma Part 1 (4th Arc)
Satori no Akuma Part 2

Synopsis:A young, dashing man named Satori approaches you, invites you to his extravagant mansion, dances as he shows you the corpses of your parents, and makes an ultimatum with you: Help me find the cure for my affliction, or die along with them.

In the 4th arc of Death by Ex-Girlfriends, that is exactly what Osamu Ashikaga and his band of wives must go through. Not only must they deal with a madman, but their dreaded task also forces to face yet another goddess, one who is unable to stop cursing those she loves

Come one, come all, the attractions are all set.

Himushi Redemption (5th Arc)

Synopsis: Ever since meeting the beautiful and talented exorcists Shinju Miyakawa, Osamu has been tagging along with her in her various mysteries and supernatrual cases. Himushi Redemption is a recollection of their most important case. After receiving a letter packed with clues from an unknown center, Osamu and Shinju work to solve the letter's challenges and meet the sender.

Their journey takes Shinju down memory lane, and takes Osamu down a path where he learns what it really means to be an exorcists, and just how much freedom is given up in being one. This mystery, unfortunately, ends in blood and sadness.

The arcs still remaining: Letting Go, Inari Standoff, The Corpse's Romance, and The End of Osamu Ashikaga.

The first three are already written, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I'm running out of art for the covers >.< I could post them here in their raw format though.

Anyway, I hope someone enjoys it. Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes. As I said, it's just me writing this, so things tend to slip past me.
Oct 23, 2016 1:20 PM
Oct 2016
Inari Standoff

Synopsis: The 7th arc of Death by Ex-Girlfriend

The fox goddess Inari Ookami has been on the run, hunted by her fellow gods and their legions of exorcists for centuries. Now backed into a corner, she prepares to stand her ground and fight off her pursuers, knowing full well she may not make it.

Fate ultimately brings Inari Ookami and Osamu Ashikaga together during this time, both of them suffering from years of pain and heartache. Though the fox goddess is resentful of humans, she teams up with Osamu to fend off the pursuing exorcists, thus beginning the pivotal event that would be known as the Inari Standoff.

This is a tale of tragedy, blood, and love. A tale of two people, one human, and one god, finding themselves in each other, and vowing to stay by each other until the end.

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
2 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
8 hours ago

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.