How would you rate this anime?
Oct 15, 2016 5:24 AM

Mar 2010
Spotlight Anime: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

MAL Series Information Page: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

MAL Score - 7.54 (by 53,080 users)
Ranked - #1441
Popularity - #437

For the next week I would like to have a discussion about the series that focuses on the key elements that we here on MAL use to critically rate an anime: Animation, Sound, Characters, Story, and Enjoyment.

I would like everyone to approach this thread as if you were going to write a review and structure your initial post like this:

Animation - insert rating
Sound - insert rating
Characters - insert rating
Story - insert rating
Enjoyment - insert rating

Animation - discuss any pros and cons of the animation styling used in the series, try to include some specifics.

Sound - describe any of the things you liked or didn't care for in regards to the music and sound effects used in the series

etc...

If you are having trouble writing up a review or coming up with specific pro's and cons, please don't worry. Just do the best you can with it and if you can only write two or three sentences about any of the 5 elements then that's OK. Not everyone here is currently at a level which will allow them to articulate their thoughts and opinions.

After your initial post is made you can feel free to civilly discuss issues of contention. I am sure there will be many opinions expressed here that some of us will disagree upon and criticize and it is for that reason that this entire club exists. So I hope everyone has fun and I am really looking forward to watching this discussion unfold.
LightfellowDec 3, 2016 10:35 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 28, 2016 4:38 AM
Sep 2016
this was surprisingly worth watching - the first three episodes are probably the most engaging arc of its multiple, pretty self-contained arcs so it's not too much of an investment if you were hesitant about watching.

although the concept, music and premise is very interesting and unique, it really fell down at character for me. The characters although well depicted were rly just plot devices to play out the series' very interesting ideas

overall a 7/10 although it decreased in quality later so maybe 6-7. the pacing & exposition in the first arc is quite good, I would recommend the first 3 eps in general
Oct 28, 2016 12:14 PM
Jan 2015
I would describe Kami-sama as a decent first half and a lackluster second one. I would disagree with @helobirbs that the show strength are the first 3 episodes, since I largely preferred the City Of the Dead (following arc).

Unfortunately, the series doesn't end on a high-note. After the City of The Dead the show loses some of its charm that it established so well before. If the first half was about the world, the second half is more character focus. But yeah, the characters are nothing to write home about.

So that's an easy no for me.
Oct 29, 2016 6:41 AM
Sep 2016
@Will_Wright yeah fair agree w stronger first half, maybe 2nd arc was strictly most-well executed, but I guess I found each arc to follow a similar formula so the setup-> revelation-> choice/turning pt got old alr for me on the second run. I personally enjoyed the exposition and the pacing of the first arc more, and thought it centred around more unique characters/relationships than the 2nd arc
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.