Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 14, 2016 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
I'm currently a college sophomore and most of my anime time is spent at night (between 11pm and 3am). I have late afternoon classes, so I can watch/read plenty at night. Though I end up watching only a couple episodes because The Walking Dead is life right now.
Oct 14, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2016
I'm already graduated.
and done with my previous job. and now I live as a shut in. and do some freelance design sometimes for extra income.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Oct 14, 2016 10:48 PM

Sep 2015
fortunately i never had to do much in school or university to achieve good/average grades and since im lazy that's enough for me. you can save lot of time if you skip a few lectures and read (+ understand) the script on your own

bottle said:
When you're both good in maths and medic, also know how write program, you can write program to invest in stocks

no, no you can't.

btw. i think the people with 500-800 anime just started earlier and keeping up with seasonal shows isn't that hard. i mean 15anime/season is like 5 hours a week - not much if you ask me

Oct 14, 2016 10:49 PM
Feb 2016
I am a university student who studies chemical engineering but i am in my first year so my work load isn't too bad. I have plenty of time to watch anime.
Oct 15, 2016 12:30 AM

Aug 2008
I have more than 800 anime completed. But then again,I'm already 27 years old with job/work. I started watching anime more than 10 years ago so I guess it's given I will have that many anime completed in my list. You need to take into consideration anime movies as well. Unlike TV series, anime movies are not that long to be completed and instead, can be completed in one go.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 15, 2016 2:10 AM

Oct 2016
Some of the animes and mangas in my list are from way way back when I was a student.

When I was studying, I normally watch anime after school. But during college, watching became less and less. I can onlt manage during school breaks.

Now I manage to watch during my lunch break at work and read manga during my travel to and from work or when waiting or something.
Oct 15, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2015
I study as a college student. Though i doubt i will continue being at this college where i am now
Oct 15, 2016 2:33 AM

Aug 2016
I'm still a student going to school. I haven't watched as much anime as I wish I have, but I don't always have time to devote to anime. Homework comes first, although I do procrastinate.

However, most of the time I unfortunately put anime before studying, if I can. I'm bad at studying, but my grades are average, so I live with it. I don't expect myself to work my head off by studying all the time, I trust myself to give it my all when I take tests and exams. I just try my best. I don't expect much from me, just that I don't make my life miserable. If I study too much, it will mask my true potential and ability. I want to see how well I can achieve by myself and yet have a basic, hopefully at least a little enjoyable lifestyle that does not keep me stuck with my depression all the time.
Oct 15, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2014
Yes, I do and I still have time to watch almost all seasonal anime.
Oct 15, 2016 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
Haha,theyre probably jammed all the anime into the list first,then watch it time by time.That means theyre lying.
I believe most of the users work

Life is empty without anime

Oct 15, 2016 3:42 AM

Feb 2016
There's only one way.

I believe in you, OP.
Oct 15, 2016 3:45 AM

Sep 2010
During weekdays i watch one or two episodes of already complete anime or maybe a movie/ova/special per day.

During the weekend i catch up on the seasonals i'm watching.

It's all up to planning your schedule and find some time to watch chinese cartoons. If you think that you don't have time to watch anime afterschool you can always transfer one or two episodes to your smartphone and watch them during lunch break

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Oct 15, 2016 3:47 AM

Aug 2010
I really don't think it's that hard, just by watching 2-3 episodes a day you can finish a 1 cour show in 4-5 days. That is barely 1 hour of your time, doubt you would be that busy that you can't clear at least one hour of free time for your hobbies.

For me personally, I have been watching anime for over 10 years so it just piled up over time although I have been watching a lot of anime last year but very little as of this year, still manage to watch 2 episodes a day and read a couple of manga/comics no matter how busy I am.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Oct 15, 2016 5:05 AM

Jun 2016
im still new got nowhere near those numbers
Scream!
Oct 15, 2016 5:17 AM

Aug 2014
Watch it during lunch breaks in my office (Mall Manager) or before I go to sleep
Oct 15, 2016 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
Watch anime after work? No magic to it.

Oct 15, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2015
Balance and planning.
I'm a very slow consumer of anime, but that's because I have MANY interests beyond my job. If I actually went and cut out my youtube channel or gaming, sure, I could easily double, triple, or maybe even quadruple the amount of anime I consume,
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 15, 2016 6:46 AM
Feb 2014
I've been watching anime straight for almost a decade now and yes, I'm an assistant database manager at an IR firm.
Oct 15, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
I'm about to finish my vocational highschool, and either pursue further education so i can get a higher paying job after, or just get a job right after this school ends so i have plenty of time, then again i don't spend much time watching anime. I guess study less, watch more anime. (But that's stupid)
Oct 15, 2016 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Yes and Yes, 38 hour working week and studying for exams on the side. Wasting time is part of life, might as well be on anime.

Oct 15, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
Of course I work and I got an old car waiting for me to paint outside.
Oct 15, 2016 1:09 PM
Nov 2014
No, anime fans are fungus+human hybrids. They can live on air moisture, darkness, and chinese cartoons. They don't even need money for internet and electricity, because they can just steal it from their neighbors.
Oct 15, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
I binge on my Friday evenings, since that's the best time to do it.
Oct 15, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
No, we dedicate our lives to anime and shitposting on MAL.
Oct 15, 2016 1:44 PM

Sep 2016
Beatex said:
I see so much people with 500-800 animes and still watching all(most) season animes.

I'm currently in college and i don't have time to watch anything.

Summarizing

HOW DO U GUYS DO IT??????

seriously teach me.

I work 40+ hours every week, but outside of that I have few responsibilities that consume large chunks of time.
I can easily fit in 6-7 hours of anime time (1 cour) every day after work. On weekends or vacation days off, I can at least double that.
You just need to manage your time better.
For instance.. queue up several episodes to play, and save restroom breaks for opening/ending credits.
Learn to cook with a microwave. Pause the video for a couple mins to stir your food, and pause again when it's done. Sit to eat within sight of your monitor/tv and eat while you watch.
Learn to live on less sleep. Each hour you shave off sleep time is typically 2 more episodes. It adds up over time.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 15, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
I study, but yea, hobbies like that may disrupt it a little.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 15, 2016 3:28 PM
Jan 2014
just woke up from my NEET nap

thinking of watching some anime
Oct 15, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
It's not that hard. Watch an episode or two before you fall asleep.
Oct 15, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2014
Shoot even if you have all the free time in the world I don't know how some watch so much anime. After a while it would seem like you'll get tired of it, and plus most likely you have other hobbies/things for entertainment.
Oct 15, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
Yeah, I have a pretty serious and time consuming job, but I still manage to watch it, usually at night before bed or something.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Oct 16, 2016 12:19 AM

Nov 2009
Beatex said:
I see so much people with 500-800 animes and still watching all(most) season animes.

I'm currently in college and i don't have time to watch anything.

Summarizing

HOW DO U GUYS DO IT??????

seriously teach me.

That's easy. I just have regularly watched anime for about 10 years (starting from university, and continuing into working life). Surely you can spend a hour or two on entertainment every day?
Days off and holidays are for watching even more anime, especially the complicated stuff.

If you don't have any time for entertainment, you're doing something wrong, and you might collapse at any moment.
Oct 16, 2016 12:25 AM
Sep 2007
I work every day 9 hours, except Sunday, and also have german course three times a week.

So, I can't really spend all my time watching / playing what I like.
Oct 16, 2016 4:37 AM
May 2015
CheekyKunt said:
Other than being jobless, basement-dwellers, degenerate neckbeards or NEETs? It's probably due to padding from specials, OVAs, shorts and films.
Just here to tell your signature is awesome.
Oct 16, 2016 4:40 AM

Jun 2015
I study and i'm searching for a part time job.

How do I watch a lot of anime?
I usually watch anime in the evening and I don't do homework :p
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 16, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
5 hours a day studying.
5 hours a day watching anime
3 hours for food
4 hours for personal things (such as pooping)
7 hours sleeping.

It works.

If you don't like sleeping you can do 7 hours animu/5 hours sleeping

OR if you like eating and sleeping then 3 hours for study, 8 hours for sleeping, 4 hours for food.

However, u'll still drop because 5 hours is NOT ENOUGH
Oct 16, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2016
I usually dedicate 6pm-8pm to anime, and aim to finish whatever homework or studying that I have to do before that (so, the 3 hours after getting home). Free/study periods during the school day also help quite a bit ^u^

Or just wake up at like 7am on weekends to watch anime. I do that too :v

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Oct 16, 2016 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
After doing studies, ofc, probably one or two hrs reading manga/watching shit animu and then sleep. It isn't that hard tbh. :s And if your semester exams are near, then that's a whole new case.
Oct 16, 2016 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
When I get too obsessed in an anime, I also watch during my working hours. Then go home and eat dinner, shower and watch until 3am.
Oct 16, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty much the same as the other working people in thread. It comes down to planning for me.

I've a few hobbies outside of anime and gaming so generally I'll watch a few hours of anime before sleeping each night through the week and maybe squeeze in a couple of hours at the weekend.

Sleeping less through the week (5/6hours per night max) and then catching those hours up by sleeping in on Saturday/Sunday is usually how I go. I've only started watching seasonal anime the last year or so but planning/having a schedule definitely helps for me.
Oct 16, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2013
anime > college

i dont study unless there's a midterm or exam coming up. im not doing too bad in college so life is still good.
Oct 16, 2016 10:09 AM

Sep 2016
I study, do extracurricular activities and I can not see more than 5 episodes of some anime a day, do not know how these people live (if they live).
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 16, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2016
I am an university student, I am going to take an exam on Wednesday but I am here watching anime XD
Oct 16, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
I work 5 days a week from 7-16 and it takes about 1 hour to commute (I bike). I have all weekend and 5 or so hours per day to work out, chill with friends, unwind and watch anime.

Not that hard tbh.
Oct 16, 2016 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah I work and honestly I haven't had much time for anime lately and recently started reading manga which took more time away from anime. Unfortunately keeping up with a season also kills time for a social life aswell. It's all about time management and prioritizing in the end.
Oct 16, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
demonskul777 said:
you watch anime and fail all your classes

Exactly. That's how it works for me.
Oct 16, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Depends what you're majoring in. When I was doing Software Engineering I had absolutely no time. But since I changed directions and went to a new major I have plenty of time now. I can't say it will be the same when I graduate at the end of the year and start working though. I definitely can't keep up with what I could do in High school, not enough free time. Also, not many of us sleep as much as we probably should. I had times where I would prioritize anime over sleep just to get a couple episodes in a day. Then again college is easy for those people that are okay with sliding by on Cs and Ds, I have no time because I hate getting anything less than an A. I take pride in my gpa, a lot of college students could care less.
Oct 16, 2016 3:52 PM

May 2015
no, obviously everyone on mal just sits around all day and watches anime; nobody here has lives
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 16, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
Fuck yes, gotta be doing at least one or the other when you're over 18, or you're basically a NEET.
Though now that I got a job since I graduated college, I literally only have free time on Sunday and a little bit of Saturday. Since then I've become pretty inactive here which is sad since even college gave me more free time than this.
Oct 16, 2016 5:09 PM
Jul 2016
I'm old. I have watched a lot of anime over a long time, day after day. I also don't sleep much. When people ask me at work why I'm always so sleepy I say I have a medical condition which is almost not a lie.
Oct 16, 2016 7:49 PM

Dec 2011
I was watching anime since the tender age of 5 years old, and gobbled up all anime I could find on TV until I turned 15. That's where 200 or so of my watched stuff came from. After that DVD's and internet became my main source (and thanks to the net, I also discovered manga and much later on, light novels).

I graduated through primary, high school, and university with honors, and is working full-time for several years now. Right now I still watch around 10-15 anime per season (which is an all time high TBH).

There is only one tip I can give you. If you want to continue enjoying anime (and other stuff like video games) without sacrificing your school/work and vice versa, learn to delay gratification. Watch after you've done your homework. Stop (and I mean STOP) all anime viewing (and hobbies in general, even reading novels) during heavy exam periods such as midterms and finals. If you're still studying that's great because you still have school breaks to look forward to (binge watch, binge whatever!). Anyways, treat your hobby as a reward not a duty , and you should be fine. Good luck! ^_^
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 8 hours ago

22 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

31 by LightWorker »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

160 by Vaturna »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 4 hours ago

13 by tchitchouan »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.