Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2016 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the aftermath of the war and battle...

Well this was a calm episode after everything. Kakashi with the Hokage hat though...I got chills seeing that. Good to see Might Guy being alive event though he looks like a pseudo mummy.

About time Sasuke and Naruto finally made peace.
Oct 13, 2016 4:37 AM
Jan 2013
So I guess the Kakashi novel is non-canon?
Oct 13, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2007
What in the flying fuck was that? This was NOT the ending that was shown in the manga. I don't even have any words for this. This is bull shit. Studio periot just completely ruined the epilogue.

I am fucking pissed now. I spend years and years watching this series, so i can finally see the awesome climax and they completely fucked it over.

Oct 13, 2016 4:45 AM

Feb 2012
link9us said:
What in the flying fuck was that? This was NOT the ending that was shown in the manga. I don't even have any words for this. This is bull shit. Studio periot just completely ruined the epilogue.

I am fucking pissed now. I spend years and years watching this series, so i can finally see the awesome climax and they completely fucked it over.

What do you mean? This was chapter 699 adopted page for page. They haven't done the epilogue yet, it will probably come after the upcoming character episodes.

Also the preview for Naruto Hinata next weeks looks really cute, I'll be watching that.
Oct 13, 2016 4:55 AM

Feb 2013
Great conclusion of the war and to their fight.
Oct 13, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2016
garbage anime only people think this canon let them live in ignorance
Oct 13, 2016 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
link9us said:

the epilogue will not happen until sometime of 2017 http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Oct 13, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
Why are people mad? This was exactly like in the manga but with added scenes that didn't feel off. What are you complaining about?
Oct 13, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2008
dest-roy96 said:
So I guess the Kakashi novel is non-canon?

Which novel? the hiden one with the airship iirc that was just before he accepted the position of hokage.
Oct 13, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
An aftermath is seriously needed here. Stop complaining people because this is what you complained about being missed in the manga.

I always appreciate a detailed aftermath especially after such a long arc.
Oct 13, 2016 5:35 AM

Dec 2011
That was a really good episode and it was done much better than the manga.Have some tears in some scene in this episode..
Oct 13, 2016 5:41 AM

Jun 2014
Page for page, panel for panel adaptation of chapter 699. Pretty much everything that happened between the funeral scene and the final part of the episode was not in the manga, but it seemed to fit just fine and didn't feel out of place. Nice to see Naruto and Sasuke back on good terms, and Kakashi is officially the Hokage.

link9us said:

I think it might be safe for us to assume that they'll adapt the final chapter eventually, instead of passing this episode off as the actual ending, but I understand the frustration. There really was no point in putting the nine-tails illustration at the end of this episode, and since a lot of people don't bother doing any research, they'll most likely assume this was the finale, even though we have yet to see the final timeskip.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 13, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2010
In Hollywood when they get a hit they tend milk the cow dry until it's a husk, in the Anime industry they milk the cow and the husk leaving nothing but dust. Truly it's a damn shame they're continuing the series and essentially leaving the final chapter of the manga in limbo, likely only to be animated at a later time to serve as a transition for the eventual Boruto anime.
Oct 13, 2016 6:04 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The montage of the resurrection of the Shinobi world was great.
It was also pretty cool to see Kakashi as Hokage.

The added bits to the episode were nice as well.
Naruto being asked to study after all these events was funny. xD

That flashback to the ending of episode 1 really got to me man, Teared up again over nostalgia. If anything Pierrot are nailing the nostalgic emotion in these last few episodes.

That Sasuke head flick on Sakura, The tease. xD
Nice to see Sasuke and Naruto back to being goof friends, Was nice of Naruto to give Sasuke his headband back after all these years.

As for the illustration and mini story at the end, They probably used it cause the episode is titled 'Uzumaki Naruto' which is also the title of the final chapter.

So Shippuden is going to be covering the rest of the official Naruto novels, To be honest I would rather they just adapted the final chapter and ended the anime, They could have adapted the novels under a different name later if they wanted. This might probably feel like unneeded dragging for anyone who has read the manga. Well hopefully these upcoming episodes are good, The PV looked nice.
Lelouch0202Oct 13, 2016 6:17 AM
Oct 13, 2016 6:12 AM
SG-r03 Gungnir

Dec 2008
I liked this episode, so it's finally caught up to chapter 699.

Looks like Guren, along with Yukimaru and Gozu made a cameo appearance in this episode as well.
Oct 13, 2016 6:15 AM

May 2014
This was.. So darn beautiful.

Everything, from remembering the 2 that were trapped in that instrument, to the funeral scenes, Gai and the Gaara + Raikage scenes showing character development were all amazing.

Seeing Iruka and Konohamaru again after so long is awesome, and I loved the Sakura x Sasuke scene with that OST.
It was brilliant, and I'm glad they're adding more to the ending than rushed mess the manga was..

I enjoy these little scenes as much if not more than the grand battles of the show, so this was a real treat.
These last episodes were so good I won't be ashamed to add one more point to the show.

Oct 13, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2011
Man really love the additions to Chapter 699.
With Kakashi having more screen time as Hokage, and even promoting Naruto to Jonin right away.

I just hope the novel that Pierrot will adapt will be good...

Man I wanna rewatch Road to Ninja and Boruto again after seeing this episode. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2014
Ok episode, it was fun seeing Sasuke being locked up in jail, and seeing Lee cry over Guy.
Oct 13, 2016 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
Now that Naruto and Sasuke have settled all their relationship, both can live in peace without to many worries.

Sasuke has gone in a journey and Naruto had decided to stay in the village to recovery and get acknowledge for achieve is own goal, to be Hokage!! ^.^

I also sorry for Shikamaru's dad and Ino's dad too, and for Neji for they had lost their lifes in battle to protect what is really important to them!!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 13, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2014
I like the way this is going now. For a long running story like this an entire arc based on the characters of the series as for what and how they are doing now after the battle is a must. Almost all major shounen series have abrupt and disappointing ending that ruins the whole story for me, I am looking at you *Bleach and Hitman Reborn!*

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedOct 13, 2016 8:26 AM
Oct 13, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2015
Fantastic episode. One of my favourite. 5/5.
Although, I hate how forced this relationship is between Sasuke and Sakura. That's one thing that I really don't like about the series.
Oct 13, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2012
This feels so surreal omg Idk if I'm ready to say goodbye after all these years. I'm not counting the epilogue here of course.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 13, 2016 7:53 AM

Mar 2014
As the whole Sasuke vs Naruto arc, is pretty cool the new exclusive scenes like Naruto need to study in order to be Hokage and the post-ending is a pretty nice touch (even if is not really the last episode).

Naurto ° Hinata episode HYPEEEEEEEEEE
Oct 13, 2016 8:03 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode, Naruto has been on a role lately with good episodes since the Madara/Kaguya stuff has been over. I like the extra added stuff like Naruto having to study lol. Sasuke and Naruto's friendship has always been super deep, I'm glad Sasuke has really grown up. And in true Sasuke fashion, he's leaving lol. I love how true he is to himself, a true introvert. Sasuke and Naruto are so opposite, that's what makes them great.

Oct 13, 2016 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
I liked this episode, they added a lot of things that the manga left to the imagination. Props to the anime.

Oct 13, 2016 8:10 AM

Jun 2016
Too bad Guy-Sensei's youth is over.
Oct 13, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2010
i liked this ended better than the manga ending
Oct 13, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2016
Sasuke still is a pure badass damn.
My heart's about to burst, these last few episodes of Naruto Shippuden :c
Oct 13, 2016 8:52 AM
Jan 2016
omg why is Sasuke still like this....................
omg
omg
OmG
Oct 13, 2016 8:53 AM
Sep 2015
I consider this episode as the true final episode of Naruto anime. I never like chapter 700 of manga, it just feel out of place.
Oct 13, 2016 8:53 AM
Jan 2016
DiangeloKun18 said:
Too bad Guy-Sensei's youth is over.

He looks Like a complete comedian through out the anime
Oct 13, 2016 9:02 AM
Aug 2015
Ahh!! Crappy animation :") Now I felt like wathcing the actual Shippuden
Keeping tht aside, episode was 2/5
Good points
> Well adapted 699
> Ost while weaving the rat seal
>End where Naruto looks at the swing (Broke my heart)

Cons (Heres where Pierrot should have given up)
> CRAPPY ART
> Guy's return was good but seriously, needed a little less comic relief and something serious, I guess
>Sixth Hokage!! Atleast some hype about it?!? It IS NEEDED
>Naruto Studying ? Lol. There is where they just ruined his serious kindda character. He just came back from this heavy war, is the "HERO" and boom!+ Some crappy art (Studio Pierrot Plss)

Overall; RUINED ALL THAT HARD WORK OF PAST 3 EPS
Oct 13, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
it was good, but not being the final episode will make it lose its edge
Oct 13, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2016
I think it's a good episode .. sakura being cute in front of sasuke .. sasuke still being a badass character .. naruto still dont like to study kakashi being the sixth .. and damn that neji's burial and the others .. and some additional content of the anime .. bit a confused there seeing the illustartion of the nine tail .. :v but fak that all i care is I want to see the wedding chapter :v
Oct 13, 2016 9:20 AM
Jun 2016
Finally the long story ends!

But will we see Naruto as Hokage? Like the last chapter of Naruto manga ( 700 - Naruto Uzumaki )

There are still some episodes going to air which will be fillers, I wonder ........ WILL THEY SHOW NARUTO FINAL CHAPTER???????
Oct 13, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was amazing and exactly like the manga in my opinion, of course they added some new things but thats normal.
Was I the only one that cried though? I've been watching this for so long and this episode was the realization that it's ending and I'm not ready for it???

Finally got to see the sasusaku moment animated, it was sooooo good. I've read somewhere that in winter 2016 there will be a new naruto series? Is this true or... ?
Oct 13, 2016 9:31 AM
Oct 2016
Fang said:
Fantastic episode. One of my favourite. 5/5.
Although, I hate how forced this relationship is between Sasuke and Sakura. That's one thing that I really don't like about the series.

Same. Actually, I don't like any of the end pairings tbh lol, they seem way too forced.
For me, this is where Naruto ends.
Oct 13, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
It was a nice episode, I really liked that they expanded this chapter for the anime.
So there is only one chapter + an extra left now.

I just REALLY hope they will finish the anime soon. Adapt the books, or whatever is left, explain some things, and end it all within a few months. Just please do not start some endless filler season that doesn't make sense, and isn't related to Kishimoto at all. Do not milk the cow more than it's needed.

I hope it won't end right before the anime adaption of Boruto as some kind of transition.
Oct 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2016
For me it feels like the end. Since I have not read the manga, I miss nothing. For me a good end to a good series.

Actually, I think it's also good that they adapt more books.

FencOct 13, 2016 9:57 AM
Oct 13, 2016 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
I haven't watched it yet but did it show Sasuke's infamous ''YEAH SORRY'' line?

If not I would be massively disappointed.
Oct 13, 2016 10:06 AM

Oct 2012
I don't get the complaining, if they give the characters some more story in between chapter 699 and 700 that would be awesome since the shipping in the manga just came out of nowhere and felt forced. Pierrot has the chance to create some development for the pairings now.
Oct 13, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
A Genin can't be the Hokage. So at the time Naruto becomes Nanadaime Hokage he will be a Jonin rank. So this add was ok.

SasuSaku stuff in the end.
Naruto and Sasuke saying goodbye <3

They'll adapt the novels now and whatever is left.
They need to end the anime after this. Don't want more filler stuff, it sucks.
Oct 13, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2016
They just had to use the Original Naruto OST! SO FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL!
Oct 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
Good episode.
I understand the last scene is very misleading since it's the very last page of the Naruto manga, so I'm wondering if they're skipping chapter 700 or it will come after the side-stories?
Oct 13, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2007
This could have been a really nice last episode to wrap up the series... but it wasn't ... Pierrot will still milk Naruto until the very end, until the whole world hates Naruto.
Oct 13, 2016 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
edwarx said:
This could have been a really nice last episode to wrap up the series... but it wasn't ... Pierrot will still milk Naruto until the very end, until the whole world hates Naruto.

They gotta milk Hinata instead :D
Oct 13, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2007
Ishkoten said:
link9us said:

the epilogue will not happen until sometime of 2017 http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/08/naruto-anime-to-shift-focus-on-life-after-manga-chapter-699/

They why not go to the damn novels already. What in the hell is wrong with these guys, why filler again, Now??

Oct 13, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
This episode reminded me of I feeling I haven't felt for quite the long time, the real taste of Naruto.

By this Naruto is over and the rest is just additional episodes. This was the finale. Are they going to adapt the extra chapters or they're going to make up the episodes?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 13, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
Nezperdian said:
Omi_Elric said:
Ahh!! Crappy animation :") Now I felt like wathcing the actual Shippuden
Good points
> Well adapted 699
Overall; RUINED ALL THAT HARD WORK OF PAST 3 EPS

My thoughts exactly.
After watching the previous episode (I don't watch Shippuden, just wanted to check how they adapted the ending) and then this episode's animation, I was like... "wtf?".

Yeah i am suprised no one even caught that either, everyone's so indulged in nostalgia right now, that they didn't notice the animation dropped considerably int his episode. Also the fact that we are moving directly into another filler. I don't mind some exposition for after 699 because like most people, i think 700 was rather rushed to and didn't make sence, thats essentially what the novels were for was to fill in those gaps. But are we doing that? No, were going straight smack back into a flash back filler, are you kidding me?? lol These guys never let up.

Its like, "oh hope you enjoy that little excursion of great episodes, but FUCK YOU. were going to show those boyhood flashbacks that you all know and love" I mean seriously if it was post story filler, i wouldn't even care. Any thing after the story will be like new content, but this is just pointless, hopefully it only lasts for like a few episodes.

I read some where in November that the story is going to official start adapting the novels, but i don't know how legitimate that is.
ArtimesGamerOct 13, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 13, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2015
Wow... Naruto is popular all around the shinobi world and people are flocking to the Hidden Leaf Village to see him, Nice!

I wonder what side effect if any would have the cell transplant (Hashirama Senju) to Naruto...

It was nice seeing Sasuke saying I'm sorry for all that BS that he put trough all of his friends also it was nice to see and hear Sasuke acknowledge all the sacrifices his second Bro. (Naruto) had to endure even the loss of an arm.

Sasuke choosing the Rurouni Kenshin route is a good start to redeeming his character and finally he was nice again to Sakura emulating Itachi head flick before leaving again (I hope he keep being nice to her in the future) she deserves better…
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.