Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 1, 2010 4:14 PM

What is your experience with this fascinating and the oldest field of science? Things you have seen, things you plan to/want to see, your stargazing sessions under the clear skies. Do you have any kind of equipment (binocs, small scope, etc.) or have you taken some photos? Is it your field of study, or are you, perhaps, an astronomer? Or is there any field of astronomy that interest you in particular? Share your thoughts with us!

Feb 1, 2010 4:53 PM

For starters, I've been hooked on astronomy for as long as I can remember so I've chosen to pursue this field of study professionally. However, I am still a sophomore at uni right now :D. I have a part-time job as a night sky guide for public at a local observatory and the interactions with people, various talks about astronomy and cosmos, seeing a curious kid having its first glimpse through a telescope gives me the most rewarding feeling. Despite the fact that I have seen a lot of interesting stuff, the night sky never ceases to fascinate me even now. Things that I want to experience are Aurora Borealis (since the solar activity has been increasing lately) and I plan a trip to Iceland sometimes around the equinox this year. Also, I want to see the solar eclipse this summer, but I have used up all my money for the solar eclipse expedition in China last year, so I probably won't go anywhere since its on the other side of the globe for me :S.

Jun 9, 2013 3:01 AM

I haven't gotten any deep in astrology yet because my parents don't really allow it ^^;
I'm most interested in the psychological traits of astrology, because I feel like I have a hard time understanding others but with the help of the zodiac and planets everything seems to match and be logical :3
I got into the subject about... hmm, a few months ago?