Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 16, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
@shanimebib

Damn, I had no idea.

Oct 17, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
great ep and loved the swimsuits, but best of all is the Kumiko x Reina moments they are the best but then you see things like how she reacts to the teacher and the other girl and it just sucks... all in all great ep though hopefully the yuri stays strong and im not just talking about Kumiko x Reina as there are some other pairs that are really nice
"one step at a time"
Oct 17, 2016 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
Rorek said:
Hahaha... Best part

Inb4Yunojoinsmarchingband
RaikenzeraOct 17, 2016 9:03 PM
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Oct 17, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
The preview for episode 3 is up! Yep, we are on the right track. And it looks like
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 19, 2016 5:11 AM

May 2016
With how strong the yuri baiting is i can only pray Kyoani gets the permission of the author to go anime-original for more sales ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reina gives up on taki sensei and decides to progress her platonic relationship with Kumiko to a romantic one. DO IT
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Oct 20, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2007
Kumiko is so gay...like,really really gay. Why you would want to force a BOYfriend on this poor girl.

anyway,nice episode
Oct 21, 2016 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
Reina was totally obliteratedly destroyed by the fact that Taki-Sensei might have a thing with that woodwind instructor Niiyama Satomi-sensei! LOLERZZZ!!! hahaha!
5/5!

Oct 22, 2016 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
Oct 23, 2016 12:50 AM
Jul 2012

Me: Pool scene! Can't wait too see Natsuki in swimsuit/bikini.
Kyoani: Fufufu, sorry not sorry... No 'service' from her (the above picture).
Me: DAMN! Oh well, still cute.
Oct 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, Hazuki even loses at that game of rock paper scissors. Guess nothing will ever go right for her.
Oct 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2014
I still find it creep that Reina likes her teacher that much.
Like girl please calm down.
Oct 24, 2016 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know... this anime is just very beautiful, the art, and the story. Loved it.
and poor Reina, her heart is got tested lol, dead fish eye lol.
Oct 27, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2014
Poor Reina-chan. :'(

(Geez, took me 45 min to find a page to upload a GIF picture. Didn't know it were that hard. LOL)

That bi**h! Don't worry you still got your chance to win Senpai's heart. Regardless Kumiko-chan will always be by your side (though I ship those two).

We get to know more about the band and Nozomi's situation and why she left the band. Poor girl. I am glad there is someone that cares for past members of the club. Wow, I got to give it to Kumiko, she has a strong determination. U got to do what ya promised. So I am hyped for the conversation between Kumiko-chan and Asuka-senpai. This is gonna be really interesting. :)
mangalicker94Oct 27, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 30, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
Asuka was really pretty without glasses...

Reina please give up, you must love Kumiko only!
Nov 27, 2016 3:44 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yep. Might as well just get that swimsuit episode out of the way right now. Boo.
Wasn't even sure who was who at some point-- everyone looked the same, wth?
Still, I'm in for the yuri bait, silently or not so silently hoping that it all becomes canon.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 28, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
VersoSciolto said:

Why did they change it?
Nov 28, 2016 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Katsu-kun said:
VersoSciolto said:

Why did they change it?
Nov 29, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2014
VersoSciolto said:
Katsu-kun said:

Why did they change it?

Thank you for the info!
Dec 16, 2016 5:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a little of fanservice, and all happies!!!
Dec 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
another spectacular episode kousaka bae was looking mighty fine in her swimsuit, and oumae has gotten down to helping us understand the whole incident with the third years and nozomi. I thought they were going to have us guessing with yoroizuka and her true feelings and reason behind the situation to my knowledge its about keeping that promise upheld and with bae 2 natsuki its about her feeling the need to payback a debt to nozomi. I enjoy how asuka senpai's character is hard to read like one minute shes expressing herself this way then the next shes that and it confuses you lol shes difficult to understand i'm looking forward to how their going to reveal her true intentions.
Facta Non Verba
Dec 25, 2016 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
I died at the part when Reina couldn't eat her food
Jan 19, 2017 6:52 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely pacing and development I must say! Things sure are looking quite interesting! Let's see what's next.
Jan 19, 2017 11:38 PM

Jun 2009
Those flashbacks don't make sense. Shouldn't everyone be wearing a differently colored scarf?
Jan 21, 2017 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Reina, now she have dead eye fish, just like 8man xD

Reina and Oumae, they're just way too cute together.. Totally still ship them xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 25, 2017 1:38 AM
Mar 2012
Nice pool outfits (& plot). Nozomi that double layer fancy, she kinda looks like Izumi from Musaigen.
Reina curry fail
New woodwind sensei & public flirting with Taki was fabulous.
Natsuki, Mizore discussions were good. Somethin like 2nd yr had conflict with lazy 3rd years who get chosen for the competition w/o audition. 2nd yr did a mass resignation. Shows Nozomi's pres sense of responsibility, but maybe the wrong choice & Natsuki trying to atone. Mizore's reasons for staying.
Kumiko & Reina getting closer still.
Jan 26, 2017 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
Easily the best pool episode I've seen in a long time. Reina and Asuka looked flawless
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 23, 2017 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
Asuka is absolutely chilling when she drops the facade. I think the best part of the conflict between her and Nozomi is that I can empathize with Nozomi, but still mostly agree with Asuka, even though she's a jerk about it.

Kumiko continues to meddle in other people's affairs. I don't mean this is a bad way, but it's possible that her efforts will not work out the way she intended. It's possible that she only seems more meddlesome because she's not facing any serious internal conflict of her own, as she did in the first season.

Reina's feelings for Taki-sensei are causing increasingly more pain for her. I wonder how long she can keep it up. I also feel like Kumiko's efforts won't help, as the best solution is usually a confession. It would be interesting to see how Reina would handle rejection, in comparison to Hazuki.

Mizore could be a cool foil for Reina. They both have a strong conviction for the art, but Mizore's motivation comes from a totally different place. She plays the rythm game without sound, and plays in the band without any apparent joy or other reward. I wonder if she's only staying in the band because of Nozomi's wish (no pun intended) to do better in high school.

Natsuki and Yuuko seem to have become friends, even though they wouldn't admit it. That's kind of cute.
LeeTailorApr 23, 2017 5:08 PM
Oct 18, 2017 11:07 PM

Feb 2014
What in the actual hell is "cement addiction" lol? Is that supposed to be something like snorting coke, but instead with cement?

Those are some loud earphones Kumiko has got, though, for Nagato clone to be able to hear the music from so far away.

First we got a Yuki Nagato clone and now the annoying ribbon girl was looking a lot like Dekomori in this episode.

And lots of cute Reina moments, especially the way she beckoned Kumiko when they were sleeping in the futons.
Nov 3, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2015
Taki-sensei bringing bringing Niiyama-sensei shows how much he is serious about the nationals, that makes it two instructors already. Talk is not pulling any punches for the competition.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 25, 2018 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
One of the best pool episodes I've ever seen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2017
Yay for pool episode lol

Kumiko promises to talk to Asuka about the Nozumi situation. This is good cause I wanna find out what all this drama is about.

Also poor Reina lol. She’s so scared that her Taki has been taken away from her. I do kinda hope he’s not dating that other lady though. It would break Reina’s heart.
Apr 9, 2019 1:55 AM

May 2017
I can't even. I feel the same as I did in the first season. Frustrated with the drama and turmoil that affects our precious girl Kumiko. It seems like its constantly a moral or "values" based issue.
Man, I HATE that Asuka is viewing Nozomi negatively because she quit a band where the Senpais treated it and everyone around them like shit. Nozomi is so fucking FAR from being wrong here. She made a decision out of frustration, and she felt like it was impossible to face every single day. It was probably absolutely horrible for her mental health, wanting to achieve something but the people you're supposed to respect are acting thoroughly disrespectful to you and the hobby that you enjoy. Like, ugh. It isn't a "selfish" decision to quit on behalf of your own values and interests, but it seems like the show wants to frame it that way, where it will probably end with Nozomi admitting that she was selfish or something.
I don't know, man.
Jun 21, 2019 11:51 PM

Feb 2018
I think Kumiko will meet Shuichi in the pool.
Dec 24, 2019 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
KyoAni fanservice is so subtle, yet so damn good. Reina's face was great after seeing that new bishoujo sensei lol
Apr 4, 2020 10:22 PM

Feb 2019
A swimsuit episode, was not expecting this to be in Hibike! Euphonium. But I'm not complaining. They all look so cute and great in their swimsuits, especially Reina. And damn, Asuka-senpai really steals your breath away.

I love the backstory of Nozomi-senpai. I mean if she wanted to go back in and not necessarily play and join the Kansai competition, as in supporting the others just like Natsuki-senpai or Hazuki, then I personally think it's fine. Still got a problem with her playing though because she didn't go through what the others did. But I do feel bad for her because she tried so hard last year but eventually got too frustrated. But Asuka-senpai had a point back then when saying that they just needed to wait less than a year when the third-years graduate.

Now I'm leaning towards letting her go back in, but still not entirely sure. Especially seeing Asuka-senpai's response...

Reina's dead eyes were hilarious lol. She completely lost the life in her when it seemed like Taki-sensei was flirting with Niiyama-sensei. The friendship between Kumiko and Reina is so cute though, that scene in the room on the futons. I also personally found it funny and cute to see them edging their way through the futons towards each other, although not because it was towards each other but more like I found the movement cute to see.

I find Yoroizuka-senpai to be interesting. It seems she's also lost her passion, possibly because Nozomi-senpai "betrayed" her and quit? And why did she hate that song, was it the song they played in middle school?

Is Kumiko going to ask? Well, looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 12, 2020 11:40 AM
Aug 2019
Really like this episode 😍
Sep 6, 2020 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
So the third years were just acting like huge insufferable idiots ruining it for everyone which really makes me question why Asuka is against Nozomi joining back after trying to convince her to hold on for a bit longer. Funny to see Kousaka's broken state but I feel like there's something more than friendship between Taki and Niiyama.

Oct 27, 2020 5:00 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dead-eye reina just boosted this anime to 10/10 quality for a second

So yup gonna get more highschool band drama, gotta expect flashback-central for awhile now. Anyway, don't mind if it's slow paced, just keep the story compelling enough to drive the viewers forward. Unfortunately for me, it's doing that just barely.

Also I'm a sucker for those aurora-borealis-esque night skies

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 26, 2022 3:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yup it's a difficult situation for Nozomi but Kumiko will finally ask to Asuka why she doesn't want her in the fanfare again... also poor Reina lol, the new teacher is sure looking good but she would end up with the other one xD
Aug 21, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2020
Girls looked damn good in those swimsuits.. just KyoAni hitting all the fullscores like ever.

Now that we are getting to know more about the whole mess of mass quitting of first years, I somehow kind of feel they didn't do anything wrong. Natsuki was right, the third years were huge scumbags and nothing. Then again, coming back at now of all times do seem kind of wrong.

Reina is.. alright, for the time being I guess lol.
Feb 25, 3:26 AM

May 2021
What the heck kind of earphones are those? Kumiko should go get new ones coz those are practically speakers.

Mar 20, 3:49 PM

May 2015
Even the pool episode can be really emotional.
Mar 25, 6:46 AM
Mar 2018
It was a nice conversation between Kumiko and Nozomi, it made me feel so sympathetic toward the latter.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

5 by lurking_darkness »»
Apr 20, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.