Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
As soon as it went "dark" this chapter, I knew shit was going down.

That was scary.
Oct 11, 2016 7:00 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it seems like everybody was playing in Chidaruma's hands.

So, what is Hole to him ? An equal ?
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Oct 11, 2016 10:19 AM
Sep 2016
So Kaiman's head belongs to one of the 8 magic users used in Ai's grand experiment, and used to be under Hole's influence. I believe Kaiman's revival is vital towards killing Hole (and possibly Chidaruma) in the future. Nikaido's magic box is somehow involved in this for sure.

Regarding Hole and Chidaruma.
Chidaruma probably sees Hole as his own child. Chidaruma is after all, a god-like entity who had existed since the beginning of the world. His only "equals" are probably Death and Store.

The only thing that confuses me now is the sacrifice. Who or what is Hole sacrificing the magic users to? Himself? Some Eldritch god? Chidaruma? Death? The mangaka?
Oct 11, 2016 2:47 PM

May 2013
DZ_VW said:
sacrificing the magic users to? Himself? Some Eldritch god? Chidaruma? Death? The mangaka?

That and what did the Devils think was worth betting their lives on?
Also why did the hole even need sacrifices it already had so many devils how does having another handful of magic users change anything.
Also what is the hole? What are its plans?
Oct 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Sep 2009
An_amazing_world said:
DZ_VW said:
sacrificing the magic users to? Himself? Some Eldritch god? Chidaruma? Death? The mangaka?

That and what did the Devils think was worth betting their lives on?
Also why did the hole even need sacrifices it already had so many devils how does having another handful of magic users change anything.
Also what is the hole? What are its plans?

Kai was sacrificing magic users to empower Hole. Now Hole just wants to exterminate all magic users to avenge the ancient humans who were murdered by them. Hole is the curse spawned from those ancient humans' murderous hatred. I'm sure it is very powerful in its own right, though, having absorbed so many magic devil tumors. Maybe as powerful as Chidaruma, though right now Hole is essentially just a baby. It also seems to have some sort of kingly power over humans.

The devils didn't bet their lives, they bet their devilhood. Store didn't kill them, just stripped them of their devil bodies, like it did with Asu a while back. The magic users themselves who inhabited those bodies may be in a very weakened state right now, but they are alive. Haze might eat them, though. :P
Dec 1, 2018 3:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The emergence of the final boss was scary as pheck.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2016
From bad situation to a slightly good one to something that's worse than anything that can be comprehended... They weren't even given any time to take a breather and now they were all eaten by Central Mall and turned into another menacing shadow guy.

Everyone else except for Chidaruma, House, and Store unfortunately got demoted for losing the bet. Store's horrifying as always.

Apr 16, 2020 3:29 AM

Nov 2013
I wonder if magic users are 99% all dead at this point...
Oct 19, 2021 11:55 PM

Jan 2021
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
I wonder if magic users are 99% all dead at this point...

a lot of them might be in hiding, but I can the entire sorcerer civilization being wiped away/restared soon

That's if Hayashida sensei wants to even confront that subject
May 16, 2023 2:35 PM
Apr 2023
damn son what a plot twist this was so totally unexpected damn i like this manga so much
Sep 28, 2023 12:32 PM

Aug 2022
ooks like he wasn't dead. Well it figures.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 20 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 28, 2013

7 by Romeo »»
Apr 14, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 75 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 30, 2013

10 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 8, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 5 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jan 11, 2010

6 by Pepezo »»
Apr 1, 2:51 PM

» How to read??

itadoriyuji5 - Jan 18, 2022

3 by myurkus »»
Mar 22, 10:42 PM

» Dorohedoro Playlist

rriipp - Jan 3, 2022

3 by myurkus »»
Mar 22, 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.