Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 10, 2016 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
Meh, saw more potential in this anime, giving it a 5 or 6/10 for now. But going to wait for the next episode to decide if this goes to the (forever) "On-hold" list or I'll keep watching it.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 10, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2008
Noooo Nemu-chan. D:
Oct 10, 2016 10:45 AM
Jun 2016
god damn it why nemu, why why... good ep first cap of nemu and I love her

BUT I LOVE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2016 12:52 PM
May 2013
JRiosGami said:

BUT I LOVE

I believe thats Kano, I like her the least. If she happens to say "tch" a few more times in any other episode she's gonna be the most hated for me.
Oct 10, 2016 12:54 PM
Jun 2016
AnimeHavenNet said:
JRiosGami said:

BUT I LOVE

I believe thats Kano, I like her the least. If she happens to say "tch" a few more times in any other episode she's gonna be the most hated for me.

Yes she is, hahaha i bet she will keep the "tch" as Fav will keep te "pon"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2016 1:25 PM
Oct 2015
Hi guys, I'm new to myanimelist in terms of forum postings.

I'm a big Madoka Magica fan, and can I just say...
This pon little nightmare creature makes Kyubey look like child's play. This thing really creeps me out. The pons make it even worse.

Also Nemusin!! I would have liked to have seen more of her. Although the episode was predictable. The darkness of this anime cut to the chase a lot faster than Madoka Magica...

Am definitely interested to see how this turns out.
Oct 10, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2016
I was expecting "deaths" when fav said in the first episode that there will be a game . . . But i think, it way too fast. . .we haven't get characters' introduction properly yet, and a character has already died. . .
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Oct 10, 2016 2:32 PM
Jul 2016
GermanMGirl said:

This pon little nightmare creature makes Kyubey look like child's play. This thing really creeps me out. The pons make it even worse.

Also Nemusin!! I would have liked to have seen more of her. Although the episode was predictable. The darkness of this anime cut to the chase a lot faster than Madoka Magica...

Well, from what i've seen in the first 2 episodes, Madoka looks definitely better.
Anyway i'm very curious to see what will happen in the next episodes when the others will know what happens when you stop being a magical girl.
Oct 10, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2016
I was expecting it, but was hoping it wouldn't happen. I really don't like shows with mass murder of the character cast.
Oct 10, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2013
Best ED of the season BY FAR

I cannot accept Nemurin's death, she was so adorable :(

Let the hunger games begin!
Oct 10, 2016 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
Well that went from a cute little girl show to being dark fast.
Oct 11, 2016 10:14 AM
Oct 2015
superds said:
GermanMGirl said:

Well, from what i've seen in the first 2 episodes, Madoka looks definitely better.
Anyway i'm very curious to see what will happen in the next episodes when the others will know what happens when you stop being a magical girl.

Definitely nothing can beat Madoka Magica, but at least fans can have something :) if not the old excitement of the original
Oct 11, 2016 4:00 PM
Oct 2007
This show went to my crap list real fast. If I was one of these girls I would of said blank you administrators. I would of went to the police and showed them the transformation and than the evilness of the ones that gave the power by demanding us to kill each other. The whole world would of been seeking out the deveoper of that game and it would of been on the banned list!

I really hate evil magic power shows.. remind me of the crap Puella. Ugg that horrible show and another sick demented twisted show like this again.. what crap!
Oct 11, 2016 4:26 PM

Jul 2014
dammit, not sure if i should drop, or not....
Oct 11, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2016
GermanMGirl said:
superds said:

Definitely nothing can beat Madoka Magica, but at least fans can have something :) if not the old excitement of the original
nothing can beat it because it's the original and all the carbon copies are half assed
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 11, 2016 6:36 PM
Mar 2016
Ok episode. As likable as Nemu was, I still think her death wasn't that sad and built up. If the whole episode was about her I could myself liking her more. She is nowhere as likable as TK from Angel beats was when he first showed up or any other side character who made a lasting first impression. I did feel bad though that she died before the day she decided to stop being a NEET.

Like I said before she just needed more time which would of made her death more tragic like how the one from Madoka was. I have a feeling that if they find out about her death, everyone is going to target Snow White since she has the most candies. Show is a 6 right now.
Oct 11, 2016 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit!!! I knew it was coming and I was still fucking eyebrows raised eyes wide open....that fucking ending.....with the mom finding her.....oh my god.
Oct 11, 2016 9:39 PM

Jan 2014
I hate Fav... The untrustworthy, cute mascot characters just piss me off.
Oct 11, 2016 9:56 PM

Nov 2008
AnimeHavenNet said:
JRiosGami said:

BUT I LOVE

Right up there with ya.

I normally like tsundere characters but Kano is f*cking annoying and she better come up with some new dialogue FAST.

Oct 11, 2016 10:03 PM

Feb 2015
This second episode is introducing us to the real plot and it seems that is becoming something serious, just what I expected. Se characters design and the animation is incredible too.
Oct 11, 2016 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
Calamity Jane is going to be a problem in the future.

Even though we knew this show was going to take a dangerous turn from the start, it didn't quite prepare me to see this girl drop dead. It was undercut by how little we knew about these characters. Still, even though Nemurin was set up as a sacrifice to illustrate the consequences of this game, it was interesting how quick the scene was. None of the other magical girls even suspect that she died.

While this may be an adaptation, I'm sure the studios know that a lot of people will already be familiar with this plot, and may not be as surprised when characters die. So I'm curious if and/or how they'll be able to make it an interesting story, if it can't follow the source material.

And of course, I want to know more about that mascot. Who is the "we" that it represents? What is it? How is magical energy used and is it renewable? Is this a problem in other cities? I don't believe that it simply made a mistake in the calculations, there has to be a reason why it's getting rid of magical girls, especially since we know their lives are on the line. When the couple were saved from the fire, Koyuki said that they wouldn't have gotten the candies if the people weren't alright, but that's a conjecture at best. I think it's just as likely that she and Souta got the candies for saving them, whether or not they continued to make sure they were safe. It depends on how cruel this system is going to be.
Oct 12, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
Chaoyigon said:
dammit, not sure if i should drop, or not....

Ask yourself, 'what don't I like this show?'
I, for one, have been thinking of dropping this season's Bloodivores. I've already seen humans fighting horrifying mutated monsters that appeared in the second episode (like Blue Gender), and I've seen the kind of sadistic prison game that the protagonist was placed in like in Deadman Wonderland. Mi Liu's role as "The Child of Peace" to unify humans and some new non-human race intrigued me, but we haven't learned much yet. More importantly, none of the characters or the action that happened in the first 2 episodes made me feel like it was worth the time to watch them. The show feels uninspired.

However, while I've seen the plot of this show several times before, I still want to learn more about these characters and the challenges put in their way. That's why I'm much more interested in Raising Project than Bloodivores, even though neither of them have much of anything new to bring to the table.

I'd suggest that you try to figure out why you want to drop this series, whether it's something you don't like about the plot or the genre or whether it's about the show or the characters itself.
Oct 12, 2016 2:53 AM

Aug 2013
Please stop saying pon.
Oct 12, 2016 4:07 AM
Dec 2013
OMG I'm a little shocked, I did not expect this kind of deadly game...
Oct 12, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2015
Danganronpa meets Magical Girl trope. I half saw it coming though dunno why I had doubts. I mean there were so many death flags raised. Like Nemu stopping to be a NEET, Sou-chan's outburst when she was "deleted", the prologue scene in ep1, Calamity Girl's aggressive behavior to Ripple.

Judging from the way the anime is directed, Calamity Girl is going to survive among the 8. because yeah, villains. If it helps Ripple will also survive she can be pretty OP. Top Speed is gonna die next week or 2 weeks which will stop Ripple being a tsundere.

Oh yeah, fuck Fav's rules. not gaining points just because Nemu is working in dreamland is just being retarded. why give them useless power if the effort surrounding that power is meaningless? retarded mechanic from a retarded game dev.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:
ok the blonde bitch is the only character i like
and why is that dream girl getting last place? isnt she getting tons of point from defeating godzilla?

Pon-ball said the dream candies didn't count in the real world. I think her dream points were just there to make her feel like she was helping; they may have even been made up by her (subconsciously maybe).
Oct 12, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
next on the watch list:

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 12, 2016 8:00 AM

Jun 2013
still not dark enough
Oct 12, 2016 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
The plot is painfully obvious so it is no longer intriguing. The element of suspense is gone and the show has become dull for me. But I'll stick to it to the bitter end nonetheless. xD
Just wanna see how they will get out of this mess.
Oct 12, 2016 12:52 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So because the mascot miscalculated they have to halve the number of witches
within the city eh

So to decide on who stays and who goes they decide to see who can save and help
the most people and therefore collect the most magical candles eh
At least thats fair

Some good character development in this episode between top speed and ripple

So thats how they first met
So her broom is called Rabbit swallow eh interesting name

Ripples power look to be more combat oriented

and thats the outlaw calamity Mary
thats some attitude she has

Hmm i guess even magical girls have problems
with their real lives as well

Hmm im loving the main characters personality in that she loves to help
people just for the sake of helping

Nemu has such an interesting power
to enter into someones dreams
its a shame that she is the first to leave

But man that ending was dark
did she die after being deleted i wonder
Oct 12, 2016 7:31 PM

Nov 2013
oh my fucking god i'm crying so much, my heart is hurting right now cus i wasn't ready
Oct 12, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
Still don't see how this is a Madoka copy. Only same things they have so far is that they're killing magical girls with a fucking annoying ass little fucker mascot that needs to sHUT THE FUCK UP.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants that fucking thing to stop saying "pon" UGH.

So my main guess was right with the candy collecting. But I assume, at some point, the cowgirl and/or the wannabe gang are gonna start picking fights, now that we know that magical girls can hurt and kill each other.

That stuff aside, WHY DOES THE CUTE NEET GIRL DIE FIRST?!
What happened to that dog girl not even getting any candy? Let alone "again" meaning she couldn't get any on multiple occasions. It can't be because she's in a group, as Snow White was ranked first, even though she's partnered with Sou (though she did go gather her own in her own free time).
Or was it because she was getting "dream" candies? Fav said something about her having to go get and get candy irl too. BAH.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 13, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
Okay okay, things were going pretty smoothly for the first, and characters were better introduced as well has their abilities. I didn't know much about Nemurin, but the little I did learn about her had me liking her. She will be missed. Though now my question as to how they die has been answered.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 13, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2014
Well I havent spoiled myself but it was obvious you dont just stop beeing a magical girl.

Well lets see how this is going, they probably wont notice they can actually die at first. And maybe later on (since they can hurt each other) its not just about the points or candy?

I would have watched this even without the death aspect, but I will take it :)

I understand people say its a madoka copy, because its the only mahou shoujo anime they know.. This is only related to madoka because: Magical girls. Death.
Thats it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 13, 2016 8:34 AM

Oct 2009
Nice gal finish first. Damnit *pon*

But that scene really annoys me, because it is obvious the moment Nemurin said she's going to get a job and quit the NEET life is a major death flag, or even way before it when she said goodbye to everyone. It is like watching her die a slow painful death. The author wanted to make the death flag so obvious that they placed multiple of it the entire episode, a wicked sense of torment.

I liked it.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 13, 2016 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
I wonder if she didn't transform if she would still live? lol, probably not. Though they had that princess girl in the carriage so it almost made me think she had sthm to do with it for a split second.

azzuRe said:
Nice gal finish first. Damnit *pon*.

LMFAO rip Nemurin tbh.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Oct 13, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
I really don't get how people are surprised by the killing game thing AND nemurin's death...
The first ep opens up with bloody corpses of numerous magical girls, of course being deleted won't be something as easy as just stopping being a magical girl, it's gotta be edgy.
Also just the fact that Nemurn got some more screentime and the "The points you gain in dreams won't count in the real world." scene made it obvious she was going to lose, thus die.
(I won't judge the show for it now since we're at the 2nd episode but I really hope there's a reason for why the girls need to die when they lose besides the sow being Dark and Edgy)
Oct 13, 2016 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
.......yeah, the more I watch this episode, the more I wish Kano had died instead of Nemu. :p

*gets attacked by Kano fanboys*

Lol it's not my fault she acts like a bitch and has nothing interesting to say, now, is it?

Slutty ninja. =_=

Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
Still don't see how this is a Madoka copy.

That's because it isn't.

It's really irritating me how much ALL the reviewers are calling it a "rip-off".....there are worlds of differences between this show and Madoka.

personally I like this more than Madoka right now

Oct 13, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2010
Noooooo why did the cutest one had to go first? T_T
Her design was so adorable, I'm truly going to miss her.
Oct 13, 2016 9:36 PM
Nov 2013
FlareKnight said:

The death in this episode really is the evidence of lack of imagination. Her ability was too powerful and made her impossible to target in a straight up fight. She could just hang out in her room and never be in danger. And even the excuse for why she had no candies was moronic. Helping people in their dreams has no real world value, but finding a person's key in their own yard does? How does a person being able to sleep peacefully not have value? How does not targeting nightmares and trauma not have a psychological benefit? That just makes no sense.

Yup, I agree with you there. As soon as I heard dream candies "don't count" I knew she was gonna get the axe, and even if she didn't, she would have rules biased against her powers anyway. For once, I'd like to see a show handle unique powers like this well, the dream girl in Trinity Seven got shafted into a minor role too once they realized she'd be too powerful.

And you know, I would have been fine if they said that she was just fooling around in her own dreams and not helping people, but the way they killed her was especially lazy.
Oct 14, 2016 2:31 AM

Feb 2011
I wanted this show to be comfy, not edgy!
Really hate how this turned out and am alrdy hoping for an ending where everyone comes back to life...
Oct 14, 2016 3:07 AM

Nov 2015
One down, seven to go, pon.

Please wake me when it starts to rain blood, pon.
Oct 14, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 2016
.....No one's gonna talk about the uncanny similarity between Ruler and Kirigiri?
No seriously.
Oct 14, 2016 7:17 AM
Sep 2014
At minute 13 i decided to drop this show, as it has nothing that interest me on, so i skipped ahead and at the last scene i felt that i want to check the rest of the episode as i didn't remember who is nemu to begin with.
I maybe will watch ep 3 because of that ending but will I not drop it at the next ep, gotta wait to see.
Oct 14, 2016 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
Chiibi said:
That's because it isn't.

It's really irritating me how much ALL the reviewers are calling it a "rip-off".....there are worlds of differences between this show and Madoka.

Quality MAL right there. Atm, this is more appealing at the start than Madoka was. Madoka had quite a slow start, imo. But that was awhile ago, so I could be wrong.

:( Also I like ninja girl. At least her design. She hasn't really had too much screen time nor has she said much besides "tch" lol, so I can't judge here there. /shrug
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 14, 2016 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
Chiibi said:
That's because it isn't.

Quality MAL right there. Atm, this is more appealing at the start than Madoka was. Madoka had quite a slow start, imo. But that was awhile ago, so I could be wrong.

It is.....but but my main reasons are I like the creativity of all these different girls, the fact that one is indeed a boy, and Koyuki's personality over Madoka's....tbh Madoka is cute but there's not a lot to her....aside from her wallowing in self-doubt (which got old after a while). Koyuki's optimistic, innocent, goody-goody character is the type of heroine I can really get on board with. lol

Ninja girl says "tch" waaaaaaaay too much....it's like they can't think of anything better for her to say =_____=
I don't like her design because it's slutty. I know male fans like her design for that exact same reason lol.

Oct 14, 2016 7:22 PM
Aug 2016
Para la primera mitad del capitulo pensé que se trataría de un cutre mahou shoujo anime, porque incluso las labores que cumplían eran, admitidlo, intrascendentes, pero con el final me ejecutaron, muchos dirán que se trata de copia de Madoka, pero mas que eso, esta tirando a una cruel combinación de mahou shoujo con survival game, donde el giro de los personajes sera ver como se establece sus destinos finales, por lo menos de 8 de ellas, las protagonistas lo dudo, pero ahora si, estoy sinceramente dispuesto a ver la serie.
Oct 14, 2016 10:05 PM

Nov 2012
That was severely disappointing. Lazy excuses to transition to the dark stuff. The stupid contest thought up by the dipshit Fav makes no sense. If "mana consumption" just so happens to be a huge problem where you need to cut down half the girls, then why not just cut down by a half at once by x weeks? Nope, gotta do it 1 by 1 to squeeze out the juicy thriller of each girl that gets eliminated. Ok, I guess it's just the dipshit Fav being obvious he's got some ulterior scheme. The first death left very little impact though, so I lost some interest to this show.
Oct 15, 2016 12:09 AM
Jan 2014
Don't know if I should continue watching, it seems to be a hit or miss show. Let's see a few more episodes.
Oct 15, 2016 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
Chiibi said:
It is.....but but my main reasons are I like the creativity of all these different girls, the fact that one is indeed a boy, and Koyuki's personality over Madoka's....tbh Madoka is cute but there's not a lot to her....aside from her wallowing in self-doubt (which got old after a while). Koyuki's optimistic, innocent, goody-goody character is the type of heroine I can really get on board with. lol

Very true. That boy plot was a super surprise. Like, damn. Plot Twist to the Face/10. I'm very interested in seeing where his character goes.
I don't think I even like Madoka herself really. xD Probably due to the fact that she didn't do much till the second half. I was there for Sakura and Homura mainly. And those two were pretty much always active. Koyuki is pretty guns-a-blazing active too, which is very nice.

Chiibi said:
I don't like her design because it's slutty. I know male fans like her design for that exact same reason lol.

T-That's not true... >_____________>
Okay, maybe the cleavage helps, but...that's beside the point...
Side ponytail + scarf = 10/10
Honestly, seeing how she deleted that wall of text message makes me think she has family issues of some kind. Would be nice to see into that, but she's no main character, so she gonna die as soon as we learn about her past, lol. /o\
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

341 by Fn76 »»
Jan 28, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.