Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2016 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I thought this episode is definitely more intense than the previous one.

Azuma's sister is still hyper as ever. I find the siblings relationship to be rather amusing at the moment. That Maxim guy is still annoying imo even in this season. Decent action between the Buranki, felt like a clash of titans..
Oct 8, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2015

Damn I miss Reoko-sama AND that guy too. LOL
So it "officially" started, another "War Game" or whatever they're referring to for more Treasure Island reason. But since Azuma didn't attend in that Meeting of Buranki Heart owner, I guess he didn't realize it yet.
Talking about Azuma, he finally meet with his sister and got "some piece of her mind" about their family; especially their parents.
And that ED visual and song. I've found my first OST Target of this season!!! >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 8, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2014
Sister honestly pisses me off. Not that she didn't when she was a little kid too. Swear to god if he ever actually loses the heart to her, I'd lose it.

I'm honestly kind of amazed that she's so willing to hurt and maybe even kill her whole entire family in the process of furthering whatever goals she believes this Guy fellow has, believing they're "strong enough to survive" or not is not a legitimate excuse. The heart certainly picked right-- she certainly wasn't meant to have the heart when she was little, and she still isn't now. Honestly can't wait when she finally learns that she's being massively used by this guy.
sirflimflamOct 8, 2016 7:57 AM
Oct 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2013
well that was good.

But I can't wait to see Reoko. That OP though

Please someone just slap Kaoruko
Oct 8, 2016 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
Liking this season better than S1 so far.

From what I can vaguely recall from S1 it always took itself too seriously and failed,this season with all the sillier antics and the addition of Kaoruko seems much more enjoyable to watch.

Also the fight against Maxim was pretty intense,nice teamwork by Team Azuma.

Team Azuma's vs Team Kaoruko next,that should be good.
Oct 8, 2016 8:57 AM
Apr 2016
Sick plot twists in the opening, Monsenior Guy the Mastermind. Everyone saw that coming without him being the puppeter, sure.
Can anyone tell when does the opening full version release? Ending though, could be better. Way.
Re:formed
Oct 8, 2016 9:46 AM
Jun 2015
Man the sister is so fucking annoying
Oct 8, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
A lot more comedic antics but the seriousness of all of this is there especially after watching the OP animation (dat song is lit too). Anyways, Azuma is kicking ass this season so I'm glad about that already. As for Kaoruko...she is literally like so many archetypes rolled up in one that if she somehow died, I'd celebrate.

Based on the first two episodes, here's my first impression of her:

She's a self-centered and self-righteous overbearing figure whose so-called confidence stems from the fact that she holds immense insecurities about herself. She wants to come off as this great and strong individual but she is ultimately trying to make herself out to be something she isn't which she justifies by saying she wants to be acknowledged by Guy. Given that fact, she's suffering from neglect on the inside or she feels left out hence why her persona is so outrageous and she's always trying to fight for the spotlight.

With her ways of trying to put down her brother, she knows that he is a stronger individual over her and she hates it especially how in the first season we saw that Azuma was basically trying to keep up with the antics of his sister. Now that we see Azuma becoming more of an individual, one who people (well his "limbs") wants to follow, that sort of strength is on display for all to see and possibly acknowledge. This fact obviously infuriates his sister and makes her jealous.

Long story short, Kaoruko only acts the way she acts out of denial of her own weakness.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 8, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
Hate to say this, but Kaoruko is even more annoying than Season 1's Azuma.

Best thing about the episode was confirmation about exactly what happened after Treasure Island, that both their parents are missing and this Guy dude has taken control of the Bubuki users of the world through some sort of sweet talk. The fact that he sent Maxim out to kill Azuma indicates that he has some sort of diabolical plan (which we just found out involves a comet in the sky).

The Bubuki fight was alright, but I would have hoped that they could've snapped the Russian appendages out of their brainwash somehow after that defeat.

Azuma's character seems less Momma's boy for once, but man his sister is getting on my nerves right now. Here's hoping that someone slaps her silly soon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty intense battle IMO. Kaoruko is actually pretty funny in my opinion. Azuma is less annoying.

The comedy moments of this season push it above the first IMO.
Oct 8, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2015
Episode was good and intense. Azuma's sister is so annoying...
Oct 8, 2016 2:14 PM
Sep 2013
It seems that those guys don't know who Shizuru is. I hope she gives them a good beating.
Oct 8, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
great ep, the battles are already much better than season 1 also that reunion between Azuma and Kaoruko ended up exactly like i though it would though i really hate how Kaoruko is trying to do things smh

but overall great ep also nice ending guessing a different ending per ep
"one step at a time"
Oct 8, 2016 2:59 PM

Nov 2015
We want Reoko-sama NOW!

Oct 8, 2016 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
i prefer the first season than this tbh.
this episode, felt too rushed to me. like, i feel like there are so many problems just appeared in this episode and i can't keep up with it cause they keep showing the problems not one by one or i mean slowly with the right pace. it's not they didn't rush anything in any episode in the first episode but i still prefer the first season cause in this season, i mean, in this episode, i don't like how things turned out but at the same time i like it. i don't like it that Kaoruko and her brother ended up fighting each other and just suddenly on top of that. but i like it that, MAYBE, reoko will be working together with Azuma in this season. cause, one thing that i like about the first season is the character relationship and how they conclude it. it's not that great but i can say it's pretty good.

well, anyway, it's still too soon to judge.
hope kaoruko will be on azuma's size soon :D
and btw, Reoko is my fav character so they need to show her ASAP in this sequel XD
Oct 8, 2016 5:09 PM
Sep 2016
Opening so much atention, plot twist. Well I love how they make turntable.
False heart is really something.
Azuma sister im agree she so annoying, but i think she doesnt know the fact what happen in nest. Well just want get knowledge by "Guy" she maybe only listen to him.
She even doesnt listen Azuma to tell the real happen in nest island.
Well Nest island fall ofc "guy" behind everything, i dont know it was right or no.
There must be something happen in past, and keep it as secret for now. (Actually i want to know what happen in the past).
Fight scene so good, well we can see how Heart and limbs work together. Not as doll like Zampazza.
Well Black Oubu sames too, just hand was cutted kaoruko decide to cancel gatai, so i know she not even ready yet to use Oubu. You need to know more and relation with limbs, i ve look Azuma know well their personal character and limbs. So can use their potential as max or more can even better as fight experience.
Oct 8, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2009
damn the hot blooded dialogues are awesome lol

fuck yeah Azuma is much stronger now than season 1
Oct 8, 2016 6:13 PM
Aug 2014
I don't care what others say, I love BBKBRK.
Oct 8, 2016 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
sirflimflam said:
Sister honestly pisses me off. Not that she didn't when she was a little kid too. Swear to god if he ever actually loses the heart to her, I'd lose it.

I'm honestly kind of amazed that she's so willing to hurt and maybe even kill her whole entire family in the process of furthering whatever goals she believes this Guy fellow has, believing they're "strong enough to survive" or not is not a legitimate excuse. The heart certainly picked right-- she certainly wasn't meant to have the heart when she was little, and she still isn't now. Honestly can't wait when she finally learns that she's being massively used by this guy.

Agreed. Her personality and general issues are really grating.
Oct 8, 2016 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
It's no Imaishi, but the OP sequence is alright. Pretty much lays out the story and doesn't match the song though.

I like that they brought back Maxim to kick his ass.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 8, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
I'm not sure how much more can i handle this kawaii/revolted personality of Azuma's sister.

She does so many ridiculous jokes in inappropriate situations that it's tough to take her serious.

On the other hand, the other characters are way more interesting and cool
Oct 9, 2016 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
sister is a pawn with a false sense of individuality
Oct 9, 2016 1:16 AM

Dec 2015
We're back to a more mid-series speed !

Monsieur Guy's plan starts to be unveiled, I doubt anyone had not noticed the big bad guy before but the revelation was useful for me because I never saw the comet. And now, with this element and the title, we are almost certain that buranki are extraterrestrial.

The Asuka aspect of Kaoruko is seriously irritating but I can go beyond this one more time. There is still a problem with her: Maxim bursts Guy's secret in front of her, she reacts to it then she's back to her mindless pawn state.

4.5+/5 I doubt the bubuki bet fights will last more than a single episode. It's not like they have a lot of eps left.

Now, what did the mother know ? what about Reoko's team? Reoko herself ? (maybe she's too stupid now -_-)
Rei_IIIOct 9, 2016 1:30 AM
Oct 9, 2016 7:26 AM
Oct 2014
I want the OST that played during the burankis' fight, it was nice
Oct 9, 2016 8:10 AM

Mar 2009
Azuma's sister is insufferable. She's so selfish!
Oct 9, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2014
Man this was awesome, I'm loving how dynamic and expressive these characters are, while watching Berserk 2016 I felt like the use of CGI limited the animators in making the characters express their feelings though facial animation, but here it's like the cgi isn't holding the animators back at all

That fight scene was awesome too and I loved the OP

This is coming from someone who has a passion for 2D animation btw
Oct 9, 2016 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
Azuma is here yay

Sibling battles omg
Oct 10, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2015
dm106 said:
I don't care what others say, I love BBKBRK.

I think that too, the score is so low for this anime. The only explanation is the hate, the hate for the imouto
Oct 10, 2016 5:46 AM
Apr 2016
karoku is so fucking annoying..!
somebody please slap her already !
Oct 10, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode with a lot more action than the first episode!
I still kind of like Azumas sister, but she is really stupid.
Oct 10, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2015
I don't like Kaoruko she is naive, who doesn't know, what happened at Treasure Island. That she thinks everything is okay, which is not because she technically harmed her family, as in the source of the incident is this man named Guy which is manupulating her. She DIDN'T realized that she harmed her family that she doesn't know because of the false information Guy concocted in order to therefore not let Kaoruko hear the truth, and go against him. She is already Guy's dog, and so the other countries under him. So stupid of her being blinded, by the truth now she is like a robot who Guy controls. I already see this because it is an obvious fact.

I hoped Azuma gives her a wake up call and slap her in the face so she wakes up from he conscious then is freed from Guys' control and go against him. Then get her shit together.

As for Azuma he is pretty strong that he defeated his foe which is the Maxim. Love it that Azuma gave Maxim a beating and put him in his place GOD I love that scene.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Oct 12, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2013
nice action as always
Oct 12, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2009
It's just 2 episodes in, and I'm already ready to give Kaoruko Miss Annoying Bitch of the Season award. Seriously, those levels of annoying are unreal. And I thought Azuma was a whiney brat in the previous season... Compared to his fruitcake sis, he's a perfectly tolerable fella. as it turns out. God forbid Azuma loses Oubu's heart to that crazy bitch.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 12, 2016 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
Aw yisss

Twisted Fate is back.

Oct 12, 2016 10:09 PM
Jan 2013
Holy shit I hope they kill his little sister off next episode. I'd rather watch him be depressed and do nothing for 4 episodes than listen to his sister spew bullshit.
Oct 13, 2016 1:42 AM

Apr 2011
I can't stand the sister she is so fucking annoying.
Oct 13, 2016 1:28 PM
Mar 2012
Reoko back in jail again. Mind control... see this a lot this year.
don't recall limbs using holo weapons before, random powerup?
Cool fight,-A chan even used wrestling move arm lock with a thruster twist. Rocket punch & extending swords, lots of super robo tropes.
Good smile company ad
Sis such a tool, inferiority complex & hates her own family. She already got black oubu why she needs another?
Weird ED but best grill Shizuru so all's good.
gophercgOct 13, 2016 1:34 PM
Oct 13, 2016 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Kaoruko, still annoying as ever!
it's nice that Azuma is back! and more capable and powerful!
Why is that the ED visuals is only for Shizuru!?
4/5.

Oct 15, 2016 5:48 PM

Feb 2013
Kind of neat seeing bubuki weapons in buranki form.
Oct 22, 2016 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
What's to like about Kaoruko? She's a fool.
Nov 5, 2016 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
Leticia oppai in the OP.

So everything was All according to Kaoruko.

Azama and Kaoruko finally meet again.

DAT ENGRISH!

TsudaKen is back!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 3, 2017 8:43 PM

Mar 2015
The tables turn quick in this one
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 18, 2018 4:42 PM

Dec 2008
That heifer is annoying as fuck!!

Glad that Matobai is back! Maybe he'll off Kaoruko for me.
Mar 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2018
I was looking forward to seeing Kaoruko this season but now I just want her dead. Why did they have to make her so unlikable and annoying?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

56 by arx1994 »»
Apr 6, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

31 by LycoReco »»
Dec 2, 2018 5:08 PM

» i want a season 3

audac1ous - Dec 20, 2016

10 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:57 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

30 by Seiya0890 »»
Oct 21, 2018 11:37 AM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

23 by Hannah_Ana »»
Feb 18, 2018 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.