Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
I often lose track in terms of D.Gray-man chapters...
I still can't figure out when next chapter will be released,
when I wait for chapters later I find series is currently on Hiatus.
So... that's why I created this topic :)

Somebody know when next chapter will be released?
Oct 7, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
To quote myself from another thread.

The chapters are released every 3 months. It's a quarterly release. So, the official schedule is every Jan. Apr. Jul. Oct. We get 4 chapters a year.

So we were scheduled to get another chapter this month. But something has come up, and we may have to wait until New Years. Because Hoshino is working on a continuation of a One-Shot she did a while back.
Oct 7, 2016 11:35 AM

Sep 2008
@SilverWolf442, thanks! :D

Oh! Good to know :D
Oct 7, 2016 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
SilverWolf442 said:
But something has come up, and we may have to wait until New Years. Because Hoshino is working on a continuation of a One-Shot she did a while back.

SRSLY? SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE T_T
Oct 7, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
Asanee said:
SilverWolf442 said:
But something has come up, and we may have to wait until New Years. Because Hoshino is working on a continuation of a One-Shot she did a while back.

SRSLY? SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE T_T

Nothing is official right now. But it is a possibility that we won' have a chapter. However, it could be a misunderstanding and everyone just panicked too soon.

It's a waiting game at this point.
Oct 12, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2016
SilverWolf442 said:

The chapters are released every 3 months. It's a quarterly release. So, the official schedule is every Jan. Apr. Jul. Oct. We get 4 chapters a year.

So we were scheduled to get another chapter this month. But something has come up, and we may have to wait until New Years. Because Hoshino is working on a continuation of a One-Shot she did a while back.

When copy pasting the japanese summary from the HQ site on google trad, it seems like the Demon King one-shot is only a repost not a continuation.
So there may be hope that the summary is incomplete at this point (previous issue had 20 different manga and this one only has 7) and Hoshino is only workindg on D Gray.

Still I hope so...
Oct 12, 2016 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
SilverWolf442 said:

When copy pasting the japanese summary from the HQ site on google trad, it seems like the Demon King one-shot is only a repost not a continuation.
So there may be hope that the summary is incomplete at this point (previous issue had 20 different manga and this one only has 7) and Hoshino is only workindg on D Gray.

Still I hope so...

Sadly, got official announcement. DGM is on break this issue, and a resume date has not been announced.
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/786056513060306944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
So no chapter for a while possibly.
Oct 12, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
SilverWolf442 said:

Sadly, got official announcement. DGM is on break this issue, and a resume date has not been announced.

nice info , gonna paste this in my dgm club.

Oct 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2008
SilverWolf442 said:

Thanks for info! :)
Please, somebody write in this topic,
if/when next chapter will be released :)
LittleStarOct 13, 2016 6:05 AM
Oct 14, 2016 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah I saw that... guess the only thing to do is to grieve x)
Oct 16, 2016 3:45 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously? A repost of that unnecessary one shot instead of continuing the already-slow-paced-quarterly manga? Which has only 25 volumes after more than a decade? Great thinking Hoshino, keep it up. And maybe we weill be able to read the finale with our grandchildren.
Oct 17, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
sevki said:
Seriously? A repost of that unnecessary one shot instead of continuing the already-slow-paced-quarterly manga? Which has only 25 volumes after more than a decade? Great thinking Hoshino, keep it up. And maybe we weill be able to read the finale with our grandchildren.

You are being too optimistic with that.
Dont take me wrong, but do you really think she will survive that long ? And if she will - will DGM really be her concern then ?^^
Oct 17, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2015
Velandar said:

Dont take me wrong, but do you really think she will survive that long ? And if she will - will DGM really be her concern then ?^^

Agreed. If she's having this much trouble doing a manga in her 30s, she sure as hell won't be doing good in her 60s.

Idk if Hoshino is naive, or too ambitious. But she seems to be taking her time as if she's got all the time in the world.

I don't see DGM getting finished in manga format. It'll probably be cancelled, like Bleach, at some point.

I think, if it's too much for her to handle, she needs to just drop the manga and do a final novelization. writing may be less taxing than all the drawing, and detail. So that could work. Or, worst case, she can release a final, large, fanbook that tells

1. The fates of the characters
2. What parts characters played in the war
3. What secrets the characters had that hasn't been revealed yet
4. What the 3rd side was
5. What Nea's goal was
etc.

That can work. Fans get their questions answered, and she can relax and not have to worry about it anymore. Then, she can just stick to one-shots and small projects. Unless her editors, or a contract has decided she has to finish it as a manga.
SilverWolf442Oct 17, 2016 7:46 PM
Oct 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2010
Velandar said:
sevki said:

Guys, I was just joking, it was sarcasm ^_^'
Of course I don't think of those things you mentioned T_T :)
Oct 21, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Man I respect you D gray man readers...the wait must be so hard but the chapters make it worth i guess?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 6, 2016 8:38 PM

Oct 2013
SilverWolf442 said:
Velandar said:

Agreed. If she's having this much trouble doing a manga in her 30s, she sure as hell won't be doing good in her 60s.

Idk if Hoshino is naive, or too ambitious. But she seems to be taking her time as if she's got all the time in the world.

I don't see DGM getting finished in manga format. It'll probably be cancelled, like Bleach, at some point.

I think, if it's too much for her to handle, she needs to just drop the manga and do a final novelization. writing may be less taxing than all the drawing, and detail. So that could work. Or, worst case, she can release a final, large, fanbook that tells

1. The fates of the characters
2. What parts characters played in the war
3. What secrets the characters had that hasn't been revealed yet
4. What the 3rd side was
5. What Nea's goal was
etc.

That can work. Fans get their questions answered, and she can relax and not have to worry about it anymore. Then, she can just stick to one-shots and small projects. Unless her editors, or a contract has decided she has to finish it as a manga.

Why are you talking as if she is on her death bed? The chances are much higher that Oda wont finish one piece than Hoshino.
Nov 7, 2016 12:20 AM

Dec 2015
keragamming said:

Why are you talking as if she is on her death bed? The chances are much higher that Oda wont finish one piece than Hoshino.

I don't read OP, and never had much interest in doing so. Thus, I am not familiar with Oda or the series.

And I didn't say Hoshino is on her death bed. But apparently, given all the breaks, plus this new break -we can only hope it's just one month, she doesn't seem like she's ever gonna finish. Apparently even doing 4 chapters a year is too much for her, and she needs a break after 5 chapters. Idk Hoshino personally, I just have her work to go on, and the infrequent updates plus needs for multiple year hiatuses.

She mentioned in an interview that DGM was not close to being finished. And with the breaks included, in addition to no more than 4 chapters annually, then yeah. She'll be in her 60s before the manga may even be close to done. And her health and bones sure won't be any better then.

Now again, her health is important. So again, she should try other alternatives if that is the case.

However, maybe this break isn't a health issue. Because everything DGM related that was supposed to come has been cancelled.

Shutting down her Insta account in Aug.
The Fanbook and Artbook that were supposed to be released the following month -Sept.
The DGM Hallow DVDs that were supposed to be released in Sept., but got pulled and postponed to an unknown date. And it's still unknown currently
Finally, the manga chapter

After all the former 3 cancellations, I knew the chances of a manga chapter was looking bleak, because that was the last thing I was looking forward to.

Maybe it's a business issue. Maybe Hoshino's Instagram message caused a problem. Who knows. But funny how one gets excited about all these new things, only to have every last one pulled off.
SilverWolf442Nov 22, 2016 10:32 AM
Nov 7, 2016 3:31 AM
Sep 2012
I honestly can't see D Gray Man finishing. I think One piece has a much higher chance of finishing because it actually progresses. D gray man has been off hiatus for 18 months now and essentially nothing has happened. The story still has a long way to go and with this progress, it will be 10 years before anything of note happens. It may as well be on hiatus now.

I understand that Hoshino has health issues, but if she's struggling to handle doing a monthly chapter in 3 months (~50 hours for an 18 page chapter based on what other artists have said=100 for 36 and 150 hours for 54 pages. Therefore she only has to draw for 2 hours a day for a 50+ page chapter over 80/90 days for each chapter.) then she has serious problems and probably shouldn't be drawing in the first place. It's harsh, but the reality.
Nov 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah, this thing about the fanbook and artbook postoned is intreging. Maybe isn't it necessary a health issue?
Or Maybe she didn't finish the chapter because she hadn't finish the extra books yet and prefered to finish them?
Nov 23, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2016
now D.Gray-Man is just on the same lvl as Berserk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2016 5:05 AM
May 2013
this just saddens me ... this will never end...

I was so happy when she started publishing dgm again .. I noticed her IG was not showing up but honestly what's going on... is it possible she had troubles with some sort of copyright or something regarding the series?

I wonder if she'll consider passing the manga to someone else... maybe one of her assistants would want to continue or something... but dying like this... this is really the worst!
Dec 18, 2016 7:53 PM

Dec 2015
Looking at the Jump SQ Crown Cover, DGM doesn't appear to be on it.

This was posted on another site. So I take no credit, I am only the messenger.
https://i.imgbox.com/6qajI0x2.jpeg
But we're likely not getting anything New year's either. So, we may have to wait and see if we get anything Summer of 017.
Dec 23, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2016
Extect said:
now D.Gray-Man is just on the same lvl as Berserk

Na Berserk has (supposedly) a chap every month. DGM is in an even worse state.

SilverWolf442 said:
Looking at the Jump SQ Crown Cover, DGM doesn't appear to be on it.

This was posted on another site. So I take no credit, I am only the messenger.
https://i.imgbox.com/6qajI0x2.jpeg
But we're likely not getting anything New year's either. So, we may have to wait and see if we get anything Summer of 017.

... Urgh.
Dec 25, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2015

I did find some new DGM info. This is not a chapter, or anything. But it is SOMETHING from Hoshino. DGM Wikia.
The D.Gray-man Official Fan Book -Gray's Memory- (D.Gray-man公式ファンブック灰色ノ記録 , D. Gurē - man kōshiki fan bukku haiiro no kiroku) is a series compilation booklet, with information on the D.Gray-Man series compiled by Katsura Hoshino. It will go one sale on April 4 2017 in Japan.

It's being released on a supposed-chapter month. So, Idk if we'll get a chapter, or if we'll get the booklet instead of the chapter. But something new with DGM from Hoshino won't have me complaining. Hopefully it's ready, and won't need to be pulled last min. like the other books and chapter.

So Hoshino is still active. Unknown if she may be working with TMS on Hallow. The DVDs for Hallow were slated to start releasing in Sept. But they got pulled, and the official site just says it's delayed for quality improvement -so Hoshino may have some hand in that

Because Hoshino's DGM books, and manga chapter get pulled as well. So I don';t think it's a coincidence that all the stuff got pulled around the same time.
Dec 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
pokito2010 said:
It looks like there wil be a chapter in the next issue:
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/814362244339232768

Beat me to it. I was just about to post. Looks like a chapter, and a fanbook coming in March. Though I thought it was April. That's the date I heard. Unless it's 2 different books
Dec 29, 2016 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
pokito2010 said:

I think an artbook was going to be released too, maybe that's the artbook release date, not sure though :P

It probably is 2 different books. I don't think the artbook is coming yet. This other book, Gray's Memory I heard about for April 4th.

But either way, good news we got some stuff circulating again. I am mainly happy for the chapter. But I also welcome fanbooks happily as well for any potential extra trivia, or hints / clues for what could be next.
Dec 30, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2016
Phew! Finally a good news!
Dec 30, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
Ok apparently the whole title is D.Gray-Man Fanbook: Gray log - Gray's Memory
So this is the same fanbook.

The artbook (Gray Walker) has still no know date of release.

By the way, the twitter link you posted, it is because I'm french that it appears in french to me or is it a french link? In this case is there no link for an english (or even japanese) version?
Dec 30, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
Ok Thanks!

Speaking about french, I saw that the volume 25 will be releassed in France in February. I didn't see any english release date, did you?
Dec 30, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2014
I know she got really upset about a piece of official art for the anime. I don't know if that's enough of a deal for everything to get halted like it did. But hopefully with these new dates (April for the book and March for the chapter), everything is back on track.

*praysforpatience*
Dec 31, 2016 8:41 AM

Jan 2016
Ok Apparently the news about the continuation is available in french, german, spanish and italian sites mais in no english ones. lol.

" a piece of official art for the anime "

Hum? Which one is that?
Dec 31, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
Ok Apparently the news about the continuation is available in french, german, spanish and italian sites mais in no english ones. lol.

Hum? Which one is that?

She was not happy about this Allen x Kanda Poster

She didn't appreciate the misrepresentation of her characters for pandering.
Dec 31, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
Oh I see. Strange idea they had there. It hardly fits the characters nore the DGM universe neither.

Happy new year btw.
Dec 31, 2016 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Can't blame her for not liking that poster, it's gay as hell lol
Jan 4, 2017 11:33 PM

Mar 2016
SilverWolf442 said:
WiselyKamelot said:

Hum? Which one is that?

She was not happy about this Allen x Kanda Poster

She didn't appreciate the misrepresentation of her characters for pandering.

Man Yaoi shippers ruin everything
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2017 5:23 PM

Jan 2016
Ikr.
+ Even Lavi doesn't have those abs. this is quite ridiculous.
Jan 18, 2017 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
Isn't that only the spoilers before the whole chapter is released in two days?
Where did you se the delay?
Jan 18, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
Isn't that only the spoilers before the whole chapter is released in two days?
Where did you se the delay?

Ynkou Productions has come out with this info.
https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd
Stated on the page it's a Spring Issue, which means it won't be coming out this month.

Checking, it's been stated by YP that this issue of JUMP has some DGM in it. Maybe that's the 7 pages.
http://the14thscion.tumblr.com/post/156025813851/yonkouproductions-on-twitter
SilverWolf442Jan 18, 2017 7:45 AM
Jan 18, 2017 7:59 AM

Jan 2016
Wtf, I didn't even think this was allowed to have a chapter of only 7 pages.

But this is only the preview of the spring issue. Like at the end of an anime episode you have a preview of the next episode. So I think this only means that there will indeed be a chapter in spring ( and logically the one in Winter is still valid as they announced it).

The 7 pages info is much more worrisome to me. Hope he misunderstood.
Jan 19, 2017 4:48 AM

Dec 2015
WiselyKamelot said:
Wtf, I didn't even think this was allowed to have a chapter of only 7 pages.

The 7 pages info is much more worrisome to me. Hope he misunderstood.

Oh the 7 pages is official. Someone kindly translated it on tumblr.
http://dgm224.tumblr.com/tagged/dgm224/chrono
The art is great, just a shame about the length
Oct 10, 2017 3:39 AM

Sep 2008
There will be next chapter this month?
Oct 13, 2017 8:27 AM

Jan 2016
Yes, next chapter is in 3 days.
There is already a preview. http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/sqcrown/2017autumn/dgrayman.html
Oct 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2008
@WiselyKamelot, thanks for info :)
Jan 18, 2018 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
I found a few (very good-looking!) leaks of 227 on Tumblr and I can't wait for the whole chapter. >~<

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Yesterday

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
6 hours ago

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.