Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
Intense_ said:
Illyricus said:
I don't know if you did the right thing or not. In one hand, the series started well, but went to shit by the 4th episode, so you didn't get the chance to see how stupid and awful the series became.

On the other hand, the series also turned into a 11/10 comedy after that, rivalling even Mayoiga, and was so hillariously bad makes some actual comedies from this year look pale.

Finally someone else recognizes Mayoiga as the best comedy anime of 2016 10/10 a masterpiece in comedy genre.
Mayoiga made actual comedies like Dagashi Kashi and Sakamoto desu ga? look pale. I swear Mayoiga made me laugh hard way more than those two combined.
Oct 8, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
dropped it cuz the caracters were ugly and I didnt like them.
bad art or whatver
Oct 8, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty sure everybody drops a seasonal anime here and there almost immediately, so not counting those, it would be Kill la Kill (3 episodes) because I could not stand to look at the "muh uniqueness" paper-mache $5 art style any longer.

Sweanime said:
Keijo!!!!!!!!

Dropped it just by reading the coments and trailer, Didn´t even start it :P

Well then you're just extremely shallow. I didn't have the highest hopes for Keijo based off of its description and whatnot, but it is an undeniably entertaining sports tournament show. You're missing out.

codephat said:
Durarara!!

The 'tour of the town' segment in the first episode left me with a bad impression. Having a character explain the cast is bad storytelling, and the lazy animation didn't give me much motivation to continue.

It isn't bad storytelling, it's a method of storytelling- especially for a character-driven show like Durarara. You can't just project like that. It's unhealthy. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though since your rating indicate you hate mostly everything- not to mention you dropped Re:Zero, which is objectively one of the most quality anime to come out in years based solely off of how much work was put into it production-wise and the reception it's received.
CC9ersOct 8, 2016 10:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2016 9:57 AM

Mar 2012
brothers conflict because it's just ??????.......... f*cked up
Oct 8, 2016 10:04 AM
Jun 2011
Aku no Hana in one episode because of the horrendous art. Honestly, I'll never understand why they thought it would be a good idea to rotoscope it.
Oct 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Oct 2014
i dropped rewirte 15 minutes in the first episode
key cancer inducing dialogue just became unbearable for me now
Oct 8, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
Oh hell, I have dropped so many stuffs; I consider my on-hold list to be dropped list the 2nd; and the anime in my plan to watch - i'm just too lazy to move them in either dropped or on-hold.
Beats me, no way i can recall in which minute from the 1st ep I've dropped it exactly.
Oct 8, 2016 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Aku no Hana: art was horrible, I went and read the manga instead.

Junjou Romantica: Dropped in like 5 mins of the 1st ep I was tricked T.T
Oct 8, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2016
DoctorSexy said:
GarlandReese said:
What is the quickest you have dropped an Anime? Why did you do it? Basically repeating the title here.

bland Chacters
Snail pacing

How would you know? You only watched 10 minutes.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Oct 8, 2016 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
10 minutes into Girlfriend (Kari) and "Nope, nope, nope, nope, done with this, nope"... it was just veeery boring to me.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 8, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Inferno Cop. Watched one episode and was done with it.
Oct 8, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
Grimgar cause I just persevered through SAO 2 before and I thought it's gonna be the same thing. Might pick it back up someday.

Star_Slayer said:

B-but that's Trigger saving anime once again xP
SkittlesOct 8, 2016 12:13 PM
Oct 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
CheekyKunt said:
Grimgar cause I just persevered through SAO 2 before and I thought it's gonna be the same thing. Might pick it back up someday.

Star_Slayer said:

B-but that's Trigger saving anime once again xP

In other words, fixing something that isn't broken.
Oct 8, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2016
The Fall 2016 season animes...
SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

Oct 8, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2015
GarlandReese said:
I see your objection. But, should you pick it up again it is worth the time. It reminds me of "Crash".
Thanks, comparing to Crash is a good thing. I may pick it up again eventually.

CC9ers said:

It isn't bad storytelling, it's a method of storytelling- especially for a character-driven show like Durarara. You can't just project like that. It's unhealthy. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though since your rating indicate you hate mostly everything- not to mention you dropped Re:Zero, which is objectively one of the most quality anime to come out in years based solely off of how much work was put into it production-wise and the reception it's received.
There's a reason for the rule "show, don't tell" when it comes to writing characters and events. It doesn't come off natural when a character explains everything in that way. Yes, it's a method of story telling, but there are much better. This is animation, use that to convey things. Not silly exposition.

Also, as far as Re:Zero goes, I've only seen the first fifth of the show, so I don't know how it progresses. From what I've seen though, the animation is inconsistent and the writing really didn't feel great to me, personally. The amount of money/time put into a product doesn't equal quality. Also, saying something is good because the praise it gets isn't a good argument.

Oct 8, 2016 12:37 PM
Sep 2016
Prison School, I wanted to know what exactly was "ecchi" xD I dropped it after a few minutes, I am not going to watch it,never!
Oct 8, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Guilty Crown, I fell asleep during the first ep, idk why, just bored I guess.

Oct 8, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
Kill la Kill because I hated the opening sequence's art style and animation; I also very much disliked the lack of seriousness.
Oct 8, 2016 12:54 PM
May 2010
Loveless in the first episode because I saw that yaoi just wasn't my cup of tea :D
Oct 8, 2016 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
It was Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero for me. The pink haired girl just ruined it for me.
Oct 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
Fate_Nozomi said:
Kill la Kill because I hated the opening sequence's art style and animation; I also very much disliked the lack of seriousness.

I had a similar reaction. But, sometimes you just want something silly.
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Oct 8, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
i dropped Gintama after episode like 4 when it looked like Japanese spongebob (no plot just random comical adventures everyday)
and i dropped Gintama degree after episode 3 for the same reason

if it has a plot plz someone tell me :]
Oct 8, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2016
Hellsing Ultimate. I watched 2 episodes, just wasn't my thing TBH. It's good just...

...I couldn't get into it.
Oct 8, 2016 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
I dropped Hundred and Regalia on their first episodes but in my heart I dropped Hundred on its first minute when definitely-not-a-trap-chan and MC-kun discussed Military Gakuen Oppai and I got Bahamut PTSD.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Oct 8, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2016
Naruto Shippuden. It's the quickest I have dropped an anime because its the only anime I have ever dropped. I have watched Naruto since it debut in North America in 2003. I watched every single episode till the 400 mark, and now I have given up on it. Its not the Naruto it used to be, where the company cares more for money and making filler rather than the story for the fans.
Oct 8, 2016 3:36 PM
Aug 2016
YK97 said:
1. Code Geass. When I finished watching the first episode, something tell me to not continue watching it and I don't know what it is. It just felt meeeeeeeh. Dropped it.

2. Death Note. I watch till the L TV announcement. Then, I dropped it since the plot became obvious. A guy who's chasing another guy who have a notebook... Really...

3. Sword Art Online. Watched till episode 15 with the bs coming back to life scene + Asuna being "raped" So much bs... Literally nothing productive being made. Dropped it.

4. G-Reko. The first few episodes were fun and unpredictable. Then, story took too long to develop and they ass pull the sister thing... Dropped it.

5. Gundam Iron Ophan. 3 episode. Dropped it.

Reading your comments i knew right away that you're really new to anime, and when you drop an anime why would you set it as completed
Oct 8, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
Couldn't even finish episode 1 of punch line o-o
Oct 8, 2016 3:54 PM

Jul 2014
Cross Ange and Lucky Star. I know both shows have their fans but the latter is quite simply dull and unfunny (that being said, humour is very subjective) while I could find no redeeming qualities about the former whatsoever.
Take care of yourself

Oct 8, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
Took me a few minutes to drop Rosario x Vampire, I already knew it'll take some efforts to finish the shit and I'm in now way had any moods to force myseld.
Oct 8, 2016 4:08 PM
May 2016
I dropped Free! After about 7 seconds because I'm not interested in staring at shirtless wet dudes
Oct 8, 2016 4:38 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Dropped Matoi the Sacred Slayer yesterday after like 5 minutes. Didn't even add it to my list. I just didn't like it. Didn't think it would be that great.

That being said, sometimes I pick up shows at a later time and finish them.
Oct 8, 2016 4:43 PM
Dec 2015
Trickster just a few days ago. I wanted mystery like the tag said not a whiny brat and a host club. I got through one episode and it was one of the most painful 30 minutes of my life.
Oct 8, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
that one shoujo about that tall grill and short kid, i dropped it in half an episode lmao, just couldn't get into it
lol
Oct 8, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

First half of episode

As soon as he fell on some tits I dropped it.

epicm14 said:
that one shoujo about that tall grill and short kid, i dropped it in half an episode lmao, just couldn't get into it

Lovely Complex?
Oct 8, 2016 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
Bezaliel said:
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

First half of episode

As soon as he fell on some tits I dropped it.

epicm14 said:

Lovely Complex?
i think, yea
bahamut was pretty good to me
lol
Oct 8, 2016 5:38 PM
Jun 2015
Today: Cantaloupe Tits in Occult Nine and the bad jokes.
Oct 8, 2016 5:42 PM

May 2016
SAO II
EP 1, When they showed a bullet shot in game travelling to kill someone irl.
Oct 8, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2016
Quickest would have to be JK Meshi at less than two minutes in; couldn't even finish a three-minute episode. It was like something that I would find on Newgrounds back in the day. Except stuff on Newgrounds could be funny once in a great while, this wasn't.
Oct 8, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2015
Endride. Started watching it but dropped it 10 minutes into the second episode because the plot armour was ridiculous. Also the art was mediocre and the plot was generic and weak.
Oct 8, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2014
zetaAenimus said:
Quickest would have to be JK Meshi at less than two minutes in; couldn't even finish a three-minute episode. It was like something that I would find on Newgrounds back in the day. Except stuff on Newgrounds could be funny once in a great while, this wasn't.

Hey now, don't put newground on the lv of the a crappy anime, remember the FF 6 video(The Holding Out for a Hero one) lol, it was the best, and funniest fan made video ever.

Before the site became loaded with a million and one viruses, there was some awesome stuff there.
ZoltorOct 8, 2016 6:52 PM
Oct 8, 2016 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
KrissuPiigert said:
YK97 said:
1. Code Geass. When I finished watching the first episode, something tell me to not continue watching it and I don't know what it is. It just felt meeeeeeeh. Dropped it.

2. Death Note. I watch till the L TV announcement. Then, I dropped it since the plot became obvious. A guy who's chasing another guy who have a notebook... Really...

3. Sword Art Online. Watched till episode 15 with the bs coming back to life scene + Asuna being "raped" So much bs... Literally nothing productive being made. Dropped it.

4. G-Reko. The first few episodes were fun and unpredictable. Then, story took too long to develop and they ass pull the sister thing... Dropped it.

5. Gundam Iron Ophan. 3 episode. Dropped it.

Reading your comments i knew right away that you're really new to anime, and when you drop an anime why would you set it as completed

Because I dropped it in the first place wouldn't mean I still take the damn time after to see it how it ends. Some of the 5 series mentioned were finished when I had a little bit more time.
+
I've been watching anime since 2000 and I forgot or simply don't know how to translate their titles in English since they were dubbed in Chinese. Please just don't assume things. It's just mean. :(
YK97Oct 8, 2016 8:33 PM
Oct 8, 2016 7:07 PM

Apr 2016
SAO, dropped it after like two episodes. It just completely failed to sell itself. Didn't find a single character I liked.

Dropped Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans too. Same problem, too boring and the cast is completely forgettable.
Got oppai?
Oct 8, 2016 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Every time I reply to the "Dropped Anime" topics, I feel slightly ashamed bringing up my reason. But here it goes anyway:

During November of last year (2015) I had started up the anime Gintama, but was going through a spiral of depression that lasted pretty much the entire remaining months of 2015. Because of these depressed feelings I ended up not enjoying Gintama the first time around as much as I normally would have if I had of started watching through it a little more positively. I ended up dropping the anime at 130 episodes in the first season, only to bring it back onto my Watched List in January of 2016 to finish what's presently out for the series now.

That was the only one time I ever dropped an anime, and I am glad that I eventually got around to watching everything for the series, because it turned out to be my favorite watch of 2016.
Oct 8, 2016 7:29 PM

Oct 2015
Qualidea Code----got interested with the premise, but turns out---it's not my cup of tea..
just a quick check of eps. 1 (skip, skip), hit the scene with the (weird) song, and---boom, dropped.
I don't even bother to put it in my "Dropped" list, simply remove it from my list, and get going checking another title... X'D

and yeah---I rarely drop anime/manga before ( 'v')a
Oct 8, 2016 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
This is kind of funny but weird. I dropped Special A after one episode because the characters legs were disturbingly long.

I pretty much never have a problem with poor animation, but that was too much for me.
Oct 8, 2016 7:53 PM

Sep 2014
satelights said:
About 1-3 min in a episode I can know which one is going to be my taste, when I find something boring then I just close the window as quick as I can. Some aren't even at my list.

Then I wager you misjudge a ton of anime sigh. I've lost track of how many anime start off slow or start off with a prelude(thus having little-nothing to do with the rest of the series). Hell a ton of anime have downright bad first episodes, but get so much better after such.

Ofcouse then you also have a bunch of anime with epic 1st episodes, but after the first episode, the entire flow of the anime changes or whatnot.
Oct 8, 2016 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
Ivo-goji said:
SAO, dropped it after like two episodes. It just completely failed to sell itself. Didn't find a single character I liked.

Dropped Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans too. Same problem, too boring and the cast is completely forgettable.

About SAO, I know how you feel, but it does get better. Worth another look, IMHO.
Oct 8, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2016
Mac97 said:
This is kind of funny but weird. I dropped Special A after one episode because the characters legs were disturbingly long.

I pretty much never have a problem with poor animation, but that was too much for me.

Poor animation almost inspires nausea in me, so I know how that feels.
Oct 8, 2016 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
elbo said:
Ace Attorney halfway into the first episode. I was such a fan of the game that when I started watching all I could see was a painfully awkward and bastardized version of it.

Alas, that is common with those who know the source material of anything. I went through the same thing with Tom Clancy movies.
Oct 8, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
dropped it cuz the caracters were ugly and I didnt like them.
bad art or whatver

Understandable reason. But, what Anime did you drop?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
40 seconds ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

18 by MichaelJackson »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 31 minutes ago

6 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

71 by AleMiranda »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.