Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
All-Out!!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good start so far, the OP song works fine imo for the series.

The comedy is funny so far imo, especially with how Gion interacted with others.

Animation quality looks decent by Madhouse. They didn't get much into the rugby yet but seeing as it's a 2-cour, they have plenty of time to. I haven't read too much into the manga so pretty curious to see how the rest of the episodes will play out. There's some emotions already so I also expect more drama to build up between classmates and rugby.

Themes are okay, the ED song is somewhat catchy.
Oct 6, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
I LOVED THIS! The characters are all lovable so far. The animation and ost are also beautiful.
I actually liked the comedy as well, I laughed out loud when the blonde guy walked towards a dead end LMFAO. So glad this is getting 25 eps
Raz1515Oct 6, 2016 10:34 AM
Oct 6, 2016 10:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The art and animation is so MADHOUSE that it hurts. Very, very good.

The second half was crazy good. Gion is a great MC.
Oct 6, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
As an Australian, I've been looking forward to this series for a long-ass time. It was only a matter of time before a Rugby anime got made after Japan's amazing performance at the 2015 Rugby World Cup and their securing of the hosting rights of the 2019 Rugby World Cup. Similarly to Kuroko no Basuke and Haikyuu!!, we have the Short/Tall duo MC dynamic. Genji definitely has the stereotypical scrum-half personality, he'll fit in just fine haha.
Oct 6, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2008
The first episode was pretty bad. The humor feels really dated and it wasn't funny when Fullmetal Alchemist did it, so it's not funny when All Out does it. The backstory is silly, since they are playing goddamn rugby, injuries are common. I thought they would show someone badly hospitalized or him injured, but he broke his friend's arm. Big deal. He should just play darts then.

I just need to see the actual plays now. I could get used to the cast if the matches are really fun.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 6, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
That was a great start, Really nice.

I don't know much about Rugby, Only the very very basic idea of the sport so hopefully I can learn about the sport as well.
I really liked what they said about Rugby, A sport where there is no clear cut ace or star striker, Just that the guy with the ball is the star. Looking forward to seeing the truth in that statement.

Characters are likable, We got ourselves a short complete beginner and a tall guy with a natural advantage who's suffering from some past trauma.
Comedy is good, Some of the scenes were funny. Couldn't help but laugh when Gion got thrown by the red haired guy and the way he marched into the literary club was funny too.

The art and animation are great, Hopefully the matches get animated in 2D.

The final scene with the soundtrack was fantastic, That smile on Gion's face when he said Rugby was fun was great. :D
Wonder if Iwashimzu got over his trauma, Can't wait for more.
Oct 6, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
Great stuff!!

It feels like a classic shounen sports series!! I'm excited for more. Seiyuus were A+. Nice to hear veterans Hosoya and Osaka. Main characters are VERY unique.
Oct 6, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
This was pretty decent, I guess my only complaint was how predictably cheesy the backstory was. Right away, I knew that Iwashimizu's "friend who introduced him to rugby" would get injured and it would scar him. I don't know much about rugby, but I'm well aware of how intense the games can get so a broken arm is certainly nothing out of the ordinary. Like someone mentioned above, it would have been better if the friend was hospitalized or something. Anyway, enough of that, I'm looking forward to more and hopefully I can learn some cool things about rugby in these 25 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 6, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
I want to tackle someone
Oct 6, 2016 11:40 AM

Sep 2016
2nd best sport after moe pingpong
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 6, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice start. MC slightly annoyed me in the manga, but in the anime he's lovable af.

Looking forward to see some tough rugby matches.

Also...SEKIZAN <3

So glad this is gonna be 2-cour.
Oct 6, 2016 11:56 AM

Sep 2016
a lot of sport anime and every single one of them are better than Days lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 6, 2016 11:58 AM
Aug 2011
These character designs are greato.

Gion might toe that line between being a bro or just irritating.
I'm wondering how they'll execute actual matches and i'm also waiting for Ooharano.

pRidee said:
I want to tackle someone

:o
Oct 6, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
A lot better than I expected it to be, this was great.
Oct 6, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
This was great, as expected, I read the first 4 chapters of the manga a while ago and I knew this was going to bee good. The OST is amazing so far, the directing is great and the characters are so full of life, this is going to be fun.
:3
Oct 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
Nice first ep, no rugby but introducing some characters, the giant first year had some mental trauma cause he injured his friend in middle school :'(
Gion is a manlet but he's strong :)

Oct 6, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2015
This duo reminds me of Edward & Al, Hinata & Tobio, and Kuroko & Taiga.

Non-anime compared to : Of Mice & Men
Oct 6, 2016 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good first episode. Still though, there's 4 sports anime this season (Aside from this there's DAYS, Yuri on Ice, and of course the 3rd season of Haikyuu), at least of the traditional variety.

I really like the art style and MC. Could develop into something pretty good.
Oct 6, 2016 1:04 PM
Jun 2016
I am a relatively new Rugby fan (really enjoyed the last Rugby world cup by the way) so was really looking forward to this anime.

And so far the first episode is not disappointing at all.We have the two main ''characters''....really they are characters,and some of the supporting cast already introduced.

I can see the lesson already in play here...getting over one's hangups is essential to live a happy life.

Episode 1 done and dusted.Looking forward to the other ones!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Oct 6, 2016 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
I don't know what it is about this anime but I feel pumped and ready to exercise. I'll be honest I thought this would be another eyeshield 21 but so glad it's, it's own thing and for that I'm looking forward to more episodes. damn why is every sports anime that's out this season good?
Oct 6, 2016 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Good start !

Animation was so good, especially in terms of exposing the emotions.

8/10
Oct 6, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
i'm loving it!

+ the art is sooo pretty~ ♥

rikuxbitsOct 6, 2016 1:41 PM
Oct 6, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2015

...what the fuck is that hairstyle??!!!
Oct 6, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2014
The gay sexual innuendos are so real

Hail the homos
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 6, 2016 1:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It was quite enjoyable, and I wasn't expecting to like it. The classic shounen sports feel is definitely there, which I like a lot, and that includes the cheesy backstory as well as the newbie who doesn't have any advantages going for him (at least not at first glance). I like Iwashimizu, he's so timid outside of rugby. And ofc the visuals were great, the coloring style and the lineart of the characters reminds me of Rainbow in some ways. Honestly at first I was just judging the character designs from the news threads regarding this series, but I think it might be one of the more enjoyable anime this season for me :)
Oct 6, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
Characters are painfully bad. They are so ridiculous they bare no resemblance to humans. Even has the dead giveaway of a little kid show with the character that is always screaming because anything more subtle would be lost on a 6 year old.
Oct 6, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2011
Funny how One Outs (also a sports anime) was made by Madhouse and now they are doing All Out.
Oct 6, 2016 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
good start and that butts hahhahah like the characters
want to see more
Oct 6, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2014
Pretty good start. I liked the animation. art was really good and the ost were amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 2:28 PM
May 2015
The character designs are really pretty. I am like Gion where I am really short and have no idea how rugby works, but I don't want to tackle anyone.
I really like the voices to the two main characters as well. I'm really intereted in learning more about rugby.
Oct 6, 2016 2:34 PM

Nov 2008
Sokah said:
Characters are painfully bad. They are so ridiculous they bare no resemblance to humans. Even has the dead giveaway of a little kid show with the character that is always screaming because anything more subtle would be lost on a 6 year old.
True dude.

Going by the series pedigree, the first episode unfolded exactly as I expected. It wouldn't be bad if it didn't feel like I've already seen this exact episode before. That's the thing with sports anime these days, they all feel like they get off to the same start, just swap the sport and repeat the same beginner/underdog story over and over. Don't know if I want to continue this...
Oct 6, 2016 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
I liked first ep. Had the constant feeling that it doesn't "flow" as smoothly as Haikyuu or Eyeshield 21 for instance (anyone still remembers that one?), but it seems interesting and warrant further following.
Oct 6, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2014
Very good first episode. Already like this anime and i am sure that they'll bring the real rugby sports to a good anime. I already like Gion as a character. Hyped for the upcoming episodes :D
Oct 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
Finally a sports anime about a sport I really like, Characters seem solid enough. This along with shuumatsu no izetta are the ones I expect good things from. I expect Keijo to be my AOTY though xD.

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Oct 6, 2016 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
Fantastic animation. Been waiting for this one for a while!

Rugby.. can't wait to see this!
Oct 6, 2016 3:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I mean, yeah it was pretty generic but it was an enjoyable first episode !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 6, 2016 3:42 PM

Sep 2014
Loved it, can't wait for more.
Oct 6, 2016 3:45 PM
Oct 2015
I guess I'm the outlier this time. I heard about this show a year ago and was excited b/c madhouse and I always wanted to see either US football or Rugby animated. Anddd I was totally disappointed. Idk if its b/c lately Ive been watching more original shows (Paranoia Agent, Memories, Flip Flap) and then transitioning to this which had every trope in the book. Also I find the two MC's insufferable. The only thing that defines the short one is that he is short and has a short temper as well... (I guess people find it funny when he freaks out and attacks the other characters which only pissed me off more.) And then the tall one is just milquetoast bitch borrinnggg. If I hear good things later on maybe I'l come back to it but as of now dropped. Everything else so far this season blew my expectations out of the water so it was only a matter of time before one show disappointed.
Oct 6, 2016 4:09 PM

Mar 2015
Tree trunk baby is a hot candidate for some high quality gap moe.
Oct 6, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
Sokah said:

Are you new to anime? Most shows are made with teenagers in mind and very rarely are they subtle.

The animation looked good and the art is nice and distinct. Cliché storyline and bland characters felt mediocre at best but I've read a bit of the manga and the story progression seemed satisfying to me. Don't expect any surprises though.

Might be an alright watch.
Oct 6, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this one, not a bad start and since it's gonna be 2 cours I might check a few more episodes out.

Although for some reason, Tree trunk boy bothered me, I just found him kind of annoying. Sekizan was pretty cool though, I just don't know if this series is gonna do anything different than other sports anime. Unless you put some sort of interesting spin on it, team sports anime tend to all feel the same...I mean there's only so many times you can watch a group of characters win and lose games until it gets boring. Unless you have a really great cast carrying the series.

I guess we'll just hafta wait and see!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
Is this BL tease fujoshi bait again or is it a normal sports anime?
Oct 6, 2016 5:26 PM
Aug 2016
Comic_Sans said:
The gay sexual innuendos are so real

Hail the homos

If you thought this was gay you should check out Yuri!! on ice that's airing this season. Or should I say "Yaoi!!! on ice" :)
Oct 6, 2016 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
I quite liked this. Didn't think there was anything wrong with the characters. I was sold already, and then the Sukima Switch ED, I'm so in.
Oct 6, 2016 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
I came for the buttocks and wasn't disappointed. So far I like the MC the best.

I really would like a bara anime in this art style. One can dream.
Oct 6, 2016 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
This first episode didn't really get me hooked like I thought it would. It was still okay though, I think it'll probably get better when they have their first game.
Oct 6, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2008
Promising first episode!
Love me some dual protagonist animes. Though I have my doubts if it'll match up to Haikyuu and Kuroko.

The OP was cool, the ED was kinda boring.
Some parts make me smile, and Tree Trunk and Shorty are both adorable.
Ah, if only the whole team was adorable.
But this is rugby, so, that'd be weird. XD

Anyway 5/5 can't wait to see more!
Oct 6, 2016 6:41 PM

Jun 2014
Nice episode, it kinda made me a little nostalgic when I used to play Rugby.

I have a feeling Gino will be a halfback.
Oct 6, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
Omg it's here Ahhhhh
Gion and Tree Trunks yay
Oct 6, 2016 6:54 PM
Sep 2013
I wonder if they are going to mention the Haka in this series. It'd be super nice
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:26 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

22 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

17 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:51 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

18 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:29 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

19 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.